SELECT CONTENT

What is happening around you, around the world? Thread #2

Page 68 of 81 Previous  1 ... 35 ... 67, 68, 69 ... 74 ... 81  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

RIP - What is happening around you, around the world? Thread #2 - Page 68 Empty Re: What is happening around you, around the world? Thread #2

Post by Norcalgal Fri Feb 16, 2018 6:16 pm

sdmom wrote:I just found out yesterday, a kid we know, 15, 16 years old, committed suicide by throwing himself at a train. He lived with his grandparents and it was devastating to them.

I can’t imagine what the kid was thinking that everything was so wrong he had to leave this world in such a violent way. It breaks my heart.

In light of all these, I just want to hug my loved ones tight and keep telling them how much I love them.

When I lived in Palo Alto, there was a rash of teen suicides by train and the city/school found the money to place a guard 24 hours a day near the crossing where many took their lives. Having 3 or 4 students from one school do this in a 9 month school year is frightening. Whenever I hear of a suicide, I think the person who died has found the peace that eluded them while alive. Yet the questions and misery left behind haunt the survivors for years. So sad.

Been watching this crap show like forever
Norcalgal
Norcalgal

Female Posts : 5309

Back to top Go down

RIP - What is happening around you, around the world? Thread #2 - Page 68 Empty Re: What is happening around you, around the world? Thread #2

Post by GuardianAngel Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:26 pm

Politics- Discussions involving politics are not allowed. Soliciting a particular party, mentioning a particular party in a positive or negative manner, advertising or trying to sway ones opinions between any parties is not allowed. BachandBachetteFans does not support any particular party.

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net/t2409-rules-guidelines#602920

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71466

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Thu Feb 22, 2018 12:12 am

In London Ontario today we are having some major flooding. Between all the snow thawing due to the warm weather...and we had a lot of snow!!!...and all the rain from the last two days...the Thames River is flooding. We have a lot of road closures throughout the city. This is one of my favourite parks where I frequently take Ozzie for walks. It is prone to some flooding, but nothing like this. I guess we won't be going there for a while. Thank goodness I'm on vacation this week and vegging on my couch watching the Olympics 24/7.

These are from the London Free Press.

http://www.lfpress.com/2018/02/20/flooded-or-at-risk-roads-of-london-identified-by-city-as-rain-snow-melt-continue

http://www.lfpress.com/2018/02/20/flooded-or-at-risk-roads-of-london-identified-by-city-as-rain-snow-melt-continue

RIP - What is happening around you, around the world? Thread #2 - Page 68 12980011
RIP - What is happening around you, around the world? Thread #2 - Page 68 12980010

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 22, 2018 12:27 am

@Sprite That’s scary and dangerous ! Please take care and be safe !

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 22, 2018 12:33 am

I know there has been flooding all over. A friend in Wisconsin posted a photo on FB yesterday of her road that was flooded. She had to go through it to get to her driveway. It wasn't too deep so she could get through.

We've got flood watches and warnings in Ohio as well. To top it off, temps are going way down tonight and a frozen mix of precipitation is happening overnight. Expecting icy roads in the morning.

Glad I don't have to go out!

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Thu Feb 22, 2018 1:24 am

@Sprite I was going to post earlier before I had to leave for several hours, I heard on the radio and saw in my twitter feed, the flooding in London, Cambridge, evacuation in Brantford and some parts of Toronto and other areas. It's incredible, I've never seen it that bad in my surrounding area. We have a lot of flooding too but ditches and surface water over farmland, nothing like that.

@havadrpepper We are in the same situation. It's been mild, the tons of snow has almost all melted, and we are expected to go below freezing tomorrow. It's going to be a mess.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Thu Feb 22, 2018 1:38 am

GuardianAngel wrote:@Sprite I was going to post earlier before I had to leave for several hours, I heard on the radio and saw in my twitter feed, the flooding in London, Cambridge, evacuation in Brantford and some parts of Toronto and other areas. It's incredible, I've never seen it that bad in my surrounding area. We have a lot of flooding too but ditches and surface water over farmland, nothing like that.

@havadrpepper We are in the same situation. It's been mild, the tons of snow has almost all melted, and we are expected to go below freezing tomorrow. It's going to be a mess.

I've seen the park flooded before, but nothing like this. Usually the paths close to the river are covered, but this time it's the whole park. And it's not just a few inches of water, but several feet. It is more than halfway up that building. Some streets are flooded because the ditches just can't keep up with the water. Thankfully it has stopped raining so the roads at least will clear up...hopefully. I'm lucky, my house is on a hill in a very small subdivision and when they build the houses they did a really good job with the drainage between houses. Everything goes to the backyard and down the hill. I know a few of my friends aren't so lucky. Their basements have flooded and they will have major damage.

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 22, 2018 1:41 am

All these natural disasters is very troubling . I have three sets of friends who entered disaster relief work. One set is in Turks and Caicos, one in Puerto Rico and another in St Martin. Please take care all !

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Thu Feb 22, 2018 3:03 am

Good idea buying a house on a hill. I've had water in my basement, three times. It was a nightmare. I had no issues for 7 yrs that I was in the house, then all of a sudden it started. Couldn't figure out where it was coming from, just a nightmare living with that.

Yes so many natural disasters, flooding, fire's, earthquakes, it's scary when there is no control.

All Rules

GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Tue Feb 27, 2018 2:39 pm

I give these guys so much credit for the work they do! It's terrifying to work so close to the falls, trying to rescue someone who slipped or just keeping everyone safe. People sit on that railing to take pictures, and next thing you know, they go down the embankment.

All Rules

GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Thu Mar 01, 2018 11:07 pm

Thanks Texas. hmmm They forcasted this to start early afternoon. They were wrong. It's happening now. RIP - What is happening around you, around the world? Thread #2 - Page 68 2254279460

All Rules

GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 01, 2018 11:34 pm

Well, I've had the rain from that system all day today. Had very wet snow about 4:30 this afternoon as well. I had puddles in my yard that I never have when it rains.

I'm hearing there are roads in the country that are flooding. I live near a river but never get flooding from it but there is a cornfield right by it that floods. I didn't go out today to see what it was doing. Precipitation is supposed to be off and on all night so I expect there will be some flooding tomorrow.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 68 of 81 Previous  1 ... 35 ... 67, 68, 69 ... 74 ... 81  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

What is happening around you, around the world? Thread #2

+84
vacayeveryday
mizzoufan
Katiebelle
gurlbrit
justcallmegranny