SELECT CONTENT

Drew Kenney - Bachelorette 9 Contestant - Discussion - Spoilers

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Drew Kenney - Bachelorette 9 Contestant - Discussion - Spoilers - Page 2 Empty Re: Drew Kenney - Bachelorette 9 Contestant - Discussion - Spoilers

Post by Love_Me Tue Aug 06, 2013 5:29 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Love_Me
Love_Me

Female Posts : 32393

Back to top Go down

Drew Kenney - Bachelorette 9 Contestant - Discussion - Spoilers - Page 2 Empty Re: Drew Kenney - Bachelorette 9 Contestant - Discussion - Spoilers

Post by Iluvbachette Tue Aug 06, 2013 10:52 am

I think Drew was one of the classiest, well brought up young man on the show. He will go farther than he expected. And with the beautiful group of friends already surrounding him. He will have love in no time. I wish him nothing but the best.

I really didn't focus on Chris and Des. But after seeing them at the proposal and their journey. I do believe they will make it a long life together. Happy for them.

Brooks, I wish him well.

Iluvbachette

Back to top Go down

Post by halfpintdynamite Tue Aug 06, 2013 3:13 pm

elizabeth88 wrote:Wow, so impressed with Drew tonight. Yes it was sad that Des didn't share his feelings.  But he really proved himself to be a man of great emotional maturity and self-control, both on the beach and at ATFR.  His words were true and compassionate, and really selfless to be honest. Despite his shock at Des' words to him on the beach, he really did show almost an immediately acceptance of his new reality. I think he is the classiest, smartest, most articulate and most genuine guy they have ever had on this show. He really is a notch above. It's rare to find someone that gorgeous be so humble.

I wish him the best, and I can only think that he has many good things coming his way! I'm sorry that we won't get to see more of him as TB, but I have to agree with many here that he is WAY better off without it. Go Drew! :Smiley:

Absolutely beautifully said, elizabeth! I especially agree with the bolded. I too am disappointed we won't see more of him as TB. I am at this moment also not happy with JP as TB. I did like the little I saw of him on the show but not nearly enough to see him as TB. Time will tell, of course.

Blessings to Drew, Des and Chris, and you also!

hp rose 

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me..Anything can happen, child. Anything can be. Shel Silverstein

"Life may not be the party we hoped for... but while we are here we might as well dance!"
Let us be grateful to people who make us happy;they are the charming gardeners who make our souls blossom.-Marcel Proust
halfpintdynamite
halfpintdynamite

Female Posts : 919

Back to top Go down

Post by misticia Tue Aug 06, 2013 3:48 pm

He was so classy during the break-up that I can't help myself to compare with Des during the Brooks break-up. I had the feeling she was trying to make Brooks guilty. Drew told her she didn't need to feel sorry because this was something she couldn't control. Drama vs acceptance. Tears vs self-control. Self-pity vs selflessness.

He deserved much better what he got from this show.
I really hope that he will find the love he deserves.

misticia

Back to top Go down

Post by Iluvbachette Tue Aug 06, 2013 4:08 pm

Oh I'm sure that once he gets hanging around the alumi from the show. There won't be a need to be lonesome very long. He was awesome and I am so proud of him. Does anyone know his or his fathers fb page. I'd like to post on them. Thanks

Iluvbachette

Back to top Go down

Post by Nativenewyorker Tue Aug 06, 2013 4:36 pm

misticia wrote:He was so classy during the break-up that I can't help myself to compare with Des during the Brooks break-up. I had the feeling she was trying to make Brooks guilty. Drew told her she didn't need to feel sorry because this was something she couldn't control. Drama vs acceptance. Tears vs self-control. Self-pity vs selflessness.

The bolded sums up my feelings perfectly! Drew is a standup guy who stayed true to himself throughout this process. Those disgusting tweets that were retweeted by Millsy only showed the lack of class and decency from those who did it. Drew stayed above it all and came out looking like the decent, kind, humble guy we saw this season.

I knew that when Des let Drew go, that he would make it easy for her. He did just that. An exceptional young man!

I have really enjoyed watching him this season. I have no doubt whatsoever that he will find the true love of his life.

Way to go, Drew! I am SO proud of you! :yes: 
High clap 
Nativenewyorker
Nativenewyorker

Female Posts : 1819

Back to top Go down

Post by SueSt Tue Aug 06, 2013 4:46 pm

misticia wrote:He was so classy during the break-up that I can't help myself to compare with Des during the Brooks break-up. I had the feeling she was trying to make Brooks guilty. Drew told her she didn't need to feel sorry because this was something she couldn't control. Drama vs acceptance. Tears vs self-control. Self-pity vs selflessness.

Wow, misticia. Points so well made. The comparison you offer really brings the difference between emotional maturity and immaturity into sharp focus! Drew really is one in a million. And I'll be cheering for him right next to YOU! :-)
SueSt
SueSt

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 06, 2013 4:54 pm

SueSt wrote:

Wow, misticia.  Points so well made.  The comparison you offer really brings the difference between emotional maturity and immaturity into sharp focus!  Drew really is one in a million.  And I'll be cheering for him right next to YOU!  :-)

If you listened to Brooks talk at the ATFR he said he stayed there as long as he could until she would dismiss him because he knew she hadn't had time to process it like he had and so he was giving her that time. But he was certain of his desire to go. In fact, he never really saw much in them (according to his new interview). So, he was just giving her time. It was hard for him to hurt her because he saw after she started declaring how much she loved him, that he was hurting her. He said that, too, during their break-up.

So, he wasn't immature about it. It just made him sad that he was hurting her. He was smart and strong to leave when he knew for sure that the relationship was at an end. According to him, it's a lie that he was conflicted about it almost immediately afterward. He said he was never conflicted about leaving her. So, Brooks handled a messy situation pretty well. Both Drew and Brooks ended up looking good and I think they were both lucky to escape making a mistake proposing to the wrong person.

Last edited by Adele1117 on Tue Aug 06, 2013 5:00 pm; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

Post by ElonM Tue Aug 06, 2013 4:59 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Drew with Juan Pablo celebrating his Birthday
ElonM
ElonM

Back to top Go down

Post by SueSt Tue Aug 06, 2013 5:04 pm

Adele1117 wrote:
SueSt wrote:

Wow, misticia.  Points so well made.  The comparison you offer really brings the difference between emotional maturity and immaturity into sharp focus!  Drew really is one in a million.  And I'll be cheering for him right next to YOU!  :-)

If you listened to Brooks talk at the ATFR he said he stayed there as long as he could until she would dismiss him because he knew she hadn't had time to process it like he had and so he was giving her that time. But he was certain of his desire to go. In fact, he never really saw much in them (according to his new interview). So, he was just giving her time. It was hard for him to hurt her because he saw after she started declaring how much she loved him, that he was hurting her. He said that, too, during their break-up.

So, he wasn't immature about it. It just made him sad that he was hurting her. He was smart and strong to leave when he knew for sure that the relationship was at an end. According to him, it's a lie that he was conflicted about it almost immediately afterward. He said he was never conflicted about leaving her. So, Brooks handled a messy situation pretty well. Both Drew and Brooks ended up looking good and I think they were both lucky to escape making a mistake proposing to the wrong person.
We were comparing Des and Drew, not Brooks and Drew.
SueSt
SueSt

Back to top Go down

Post by julychild Tue Aug 06, 2013 5:05 pm

Adele1117 wrote:
SueSt wrote:

So, he wasn't immature about it. It just made him sad that he was hurting her. He was smart and strong to leave when he knew for sure that the relationship was at an end. According to him, it's a lie that he was conflicted about it almost immediately afterward. He said he was never conflicted about leaving her. So, Brooks handled a messy situation pretty well. Both Drew and Brooks did. They just have different temperaments.

You can try to relax, misticia is talking about Des' reaction and not Brooks. Like you said, both Brooks and Drew handled their "breakup" situations as best as they could and both their characters showed through.

julychild

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 06, 2013 5:09 pm

I see what you guys mean, now. I apologize. I'm glad that both Brooks and Drew came out of that season looking very good. That was my first response after I knew for sure that Brooks wasn't coming back. I posted, "Brooks is free!" Someone else posted soon after, "So is Drew!"

So true. Drew seems like a great guy and I don't see him having any problem finding someone someday. I hope both Brooks and Drew do. Brooks said in his interview today that they were talking about making him the Bachelor, but he said he saw how stressful it was for Desiree and he said no. Smart move, I think.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Drew Kenney - Bachelorette 9 Contestant - Discussion - Spoilers

+17
california90
Ariela
Huchmom3
nd4reality
ElonM