SELECT CONTENT

Brooks Discussion Group

Page 2 of 37 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19 ... 37  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Brooks Discussion Group - Page 2 Empty Re: Brooks Discussion Group

Post by Thomigirl Wed Aug 14, 2013 3:12 pm

bleuberry wrote:Who's Dudley?
I was going to ask the same thing but figured it was a snarky name for Chris AKA Dudley Do Right...methinks?
Thomigirl
Thomigirl

Back to top Go down

Post by Mustang19 Wed Aug 14, 2013 3:20 pm

My guess Sean = Dudley
Mustang19
Mustang19

Female Posts : 1192

Back to top Go down

Post by Bronwyn Wed Aug 14, 2013 3:37 pm

My guess is Dudley = Brooks.

Bronwyn

Back to top Go down

Post by MVMom39forever Wed Aug 14, 2013 7:50 pm

Mustang19 wrote:My guess Sean = Dudley
Mine too. While Sean has fans o'plenty, there seems to be a vocal anti-Sean contingency who find him a bit milk toast-y and a whole slew of other less than stellar nicknames.

I have always liked Sean just fine ... not my favorite but he's a whole lot more appealing than a long line of truly dud Bachelors with Jake being front in center.
MVMom39forever
MVMom39forever

Female Posts : 2975

Back to top Go down

Post by MVMom39forever Wed Aug 14, 2013 7:52 pm

Thomigirl wrote:
bleuberry wrote:Who's Dudley?
I was going to ask the same thing but figured it was a snarky name for Chris AKA Dudley Do Right...methinks?
Well, just make that a Studley Dudley and I am fine with that ... cause he sure seemed to do everything right in my book. :Drool: 
MVMom39forever
MVMom39forever

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Wed Aug 14, 2013 8:17 pm

I think the reference to Dudley = Brooks and it was due to the dimple in the chins. I think I specifically read it in a post.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by MVMom39forever Wed Aug 14, 2013 8:33 pm

Kashathediva wrote:I think the reference to Dudley = Brooks and it was due to the dimple in the chins. I think I specifically read it in a post.
Ah, well I stand corrected ...
MVMom39forever
MVMom39forever

Back to top Go down

Post by Mustang19 Wed Aug 14, 2013 10:23 pm

Kashathediva wrote:I think the reference to Dudley = Brooks and it was due to the dimple in the chins. I think I specifically read it in a post.
I stand corrected, as well. Makes sense - didn't think of the dimple and Dudley Hugesmile 
Mustang19
Mustang19

Back to top Go down

Post by veg_out Wed Aug 14, 2013 10:31 pm

I have a question for the Brooks' fans who are struggling with Des' choice: What would have been the preferred outcome of the season? Is the frustration with Des because some people think that both Des and Brooks have unresolved feelings, and if Des had not gotten engaged, Brooks would have asked her out?

Des is clear in her interviews that she doesn't know the way the season would have ended if Brooks had stayed. Chris, based on the FSD, the proposal, and the post-show interviews, makes it clear that he knows he wasn't her F1 until Brooks left. From that info, I gather that Des and Chris are admitting the truth of things as they were and are.

I'm trying to understand the upset. TIA!
veg_out
veg_out

Back to top Go down

Post by Mustang19 Wed Aug 14, 2013 11:22 pm

veg_out wrote:I have a question for the Brooks' fans who are struggling with Des' choice: What would have been the preferred outcome of the season? Is the frustration with Des because some people think that both Des and Brooks have unresolved feelings, and if Des had not gotten engaged, Brooks would have asked her out?

Des is clear in her interviews that she doesn't know the way the season would have ended if Brooks had stayed. Chris, based on the FSD, the proposal, and the post-show interviews, makes it clear that he knows he wasn't her F1 until Brooks left. From that info, I gather that Des and Chris are admitting the truth of things as they were and are.

I'm trying to understand the upset. TIA!
I'm not struggling with Des' choice, but I'll answer. I'm a Brooks fan (actually final 4). I completely believed Brooks would be F1 based on what I saw and heard of Des on the show - not the spoilers. I was happy because I think Brooks is a great guy and they seemed well suited at the time. Time has passed, and the more we see and hear from all of the contestants the more we can change our minds and opinions. Now, after seeing their interviews post-show, I think Des ended up with who she was supposed to end up with. I think Des and Chris are a better match and have a better chance at making it long-term. Regarding frustration about unresolved feelings, I totally think they both had unresolved feelings at the AFR, but now that it's over and they don't have to have contact any longer - out of sight, out of mind. I think they both have moved on now or are going in that direction. I think they both have said things to either be polite or save face - Des couldn't actually come out and say Brooks was F1 with Chris sitting next to her, and what good would it do now that Des is engaged for Brooks to say he would have wanted to date her post-show - not sure he would have wanted to anyway even if she wasn't engaged. They may not be telling the complete truth though, who knows.

I'm not a "fangirl" and don't have rose-colored glasses on (I find the name-calling petty, probably the same reason I hate politics), but I think Brooks is better off where he is today; he made the right decision for himself, and the same for Des and Chris. It's much easier to see after the show, isn't it? I wish them all well.
Mustang19
Mustang19

Back to top Go down

Post by Aunties_Love Thu Aug 15, 2013 2:30 am

MVMom39forever wrote:
veg_out wrote:What did you guys think of the Des-Brooks meetup at the ATFR?
Desiree seemed to have totally moved on. I don't think that she was intending to be mean ... but she said something like, "oh yeah, when you left it was all great." I also thought that Des looked about 10x prettier and well-rested at ATFR so I do think that towards the end of filming her season, she was overly emotional because she was operating on little sleep & crazy travel. I think some of her tears were not just "I am losing the man of my dreams" but also tears of physical and emotional exhaustion.

Brooks seemed a bit uneasy and uncomfortable at ATFR probably because he did not know what to expect! Brooks seems very genuine and kind. I totally believe that he was over her at ATFR as he was pulling away already on the show and I believed him when he said to Chris H that he had been in love before and even wanted to marry the person so he had a great prior relationship to compare his feelings. I also believed him back at finale part 1 - when he said in limo that he had hoped Des was further along in her relationship with Chris & Drew.

I 100 percent believed that he never loved Des - or even came close - and for that reason he really did not have much to get over ... except the burden of the world thinking you were Des F1 for 11 weeks thanks to all those crazy spoilers. He was asked in that media interview whether he and Des met in real world off show whether they would have had a shot, and again, he said no. So I am sure he thought she was pretty but in the end; she was not his type.

With the bolded: It seems that the Brooksie's feel that Des was totally and completely in love with Brooks as she said the ILY and said that the only one she wanted to say that to was Brooks. I believe that the reason for that is that she was really tired, emotional, stressed out and the fact that Brooks abandoned her threw her for a loop and that is why she was emotional versus her actually "feeling" what she said. I am wondering if why Chris Harrison was giving Brooks a hard time is maybe, just maybe, because he was privy to information that we as viewers weren't with regards to how Brooks was feeling for Des. Meaning, during ITM's, could Brooks of been saying stuff that led the producers/Harrison to know that Brooks was so far from feeling any kind of love for Des? I am sure that she is totally and completely happy with how things turned out and as such, she and Chris are back in Seattle, settling down and loving life.

Candace:  There is nothing better than an Auntie's Love!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Aunties_Love
Aunties_Love

Female Posts : 10788

Back to top Go down

Post by Aunties_Love Thu Aug 15, 2013 2:42 am

Chacharo wrote:
Kashathediva wrote:
What I am trying to say is exactly what I posted---things are sleuthed out and not posted in order to defer what was  caused by singling me out with the bolded.
Information was not posted to defray from a discussion that would only have been heated which ---by the bolded terms indicated were on target.
I hope you don't mind that I brought your comment into this thread to disduss, Kasha.  :Biggrin: 

I absolutely hate what has happened the last two seasons of the bachelorette in our discussions.  For some reason, both 1F and Dudley have a fandom that just won't tolerate anything that might be perceived to be the least bit negative about their favs.  In this instance, I think I understand what you are trying to say and in my opinion, it had nothing to do with starting a fight with Dudley's fans.  I don't mean to speak for you, but I interpreted your comment to mean that sleuthers are not posting about certain findings because a few fans (not all) would take offense.  We can't sleuth in the threads where we should be posting that kind of stuff.  I didn't follow the individual contestant discussion threads this season because I'm not a huge fan of any one person.  I do, however, like to follow the sleuthers, but I had to search for where they were posting things because the F1 thread was used as a fan thread.  I realize it happens with all fandoms, but 1F and Dudley stand out to be the worst since this board was established for me.

Please fellow board members, use the fan threads to fangirl and let the discussion threads be used to discuss all the good, bad and ugly opinions, sleuthing and snarking!

Disclaimer:  I'm not telling anyone how to think, feel, or what to post.  I personally don't care who or what any of you like or think.  When I disagree with something, I usually say so or giggle to myself and move on.  What I am saying is please please please post stuff in the appropriate threads so those of us who normally are not here all day every day have a chance to catch up and not have to slog through posts we're not interested in.

ARGH.  That is all.
I know what you mean Chacharo; I have been singled out on the forum by various people as a moron, malicious, and plain stupid. I as one of the sleuthers that was trying to point out facts and observations, I had been drowned out by the fangirling that was happening in the F1 thread that when I tried to post the observations, I was called out as being negative and trouble maker---ouch! Then when Kasha tried to post stuff as well with regards to sleuthing, she too was called out. It was almost like the only thing that mattered was the spoilers and then the fangirling started and it got to the point that I felt sleuthing wasn't welcome(I am not going to speak for others here). BTW Chacharo, I love your term for Brooks! :giggle: 

Candace:  There is nothing better than an Auntie's Love!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Aunties_Love
Aunties_Love

Female Posts : 10788

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 37 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19 ... 37  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Brooks Discussion Group

+48