SELECT CONTENT

Drew Discussion Group

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Drew Discussion Group - Page 5 Empty Re: Drew Discussion Group

Post by IrishGal Thu Aug 22, 2013 3:03 pm

Sue, that was also my first impression. But as the weeks have gone by and I have had more time to think about it all (and carefully rewatch certain scenes), I'm convinced that a lot of the Brooks drama was egged on by the producers and much of it was storyboarded from the start. Just dozens of little and large clues. I've referred to some of them in previous posts so not going to rehash it. I certainly understand and respect your point of view though. :Smiley: 

Team Kaitlin!  Team Booth!
IrishGal
IrishGal

Female Posts : 3010

Back to top Go down

Post by SueSt Thu Aug 22, 2013 3:05 pm

IrishGal wrote:Sue, that was also my first impression.  But as the weeks have gone by and I have had more time to think about it all (and carefully rewatch certain scenes), I'm convinced that a lot of the Brooks drama was egged on by the producers and much of it was storyboarded from the start.  Just dozens of little and large clues.  I've referred to some of them in previous posts so not going to rehash it.  I certainly understand and respect your point of view though. :Smiley: 
Likewise, IrishGal. I always enjoy your thoughtful posts!! :-)
SueSt
SueSt

Back to top Go down

Post by SueSt Thu Aug 22, 2013 3:36 pm

So.... since we touched on it a bit today... what do you think made Des cancel her last date with Drew and say she just knew something was not right? Was it just that she felt more comfortable with Chris? Was it something else?
SueSt
SueSt

Back to top Go down

Post by IrishGal Thu Aug 22, 2013 4:12 pm

Drew was the first FD? So she had 5-7 days before she had the LCD with him? During those 5 days she had a great date with Chris and a painful one with Brooks. Maybe she just realized that her feelings were stronger for Chris and she wanted to spare Drew the humiliation of proposing? I wish she had told him right away like Ali told Chris, rather than starting out on the date activities. I'm still impressed with how gracefully he handled it. He really is a gem.

Team Kaitlin!  Team Booth!
IrishGal
IrishGal

Female Posts : 3010

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 22, 2013 4:13 pm

IrishGal, I'm sure I'm being a dolt about this, but in this case, personally, I can't imagine the possibility of the edit driving the story.  Yes, the edit could intensify the story, but based on Des' words that she was in love with Brooks, wanted Brooks to propose, couldn't really get into her dates with other guys because she was thinking of Brooks, etc... I don't see how these definitive statements can be misconstrued to mean anything but that Des wanted Brooks as her #1…  I’m pretty sure you’re more comfortable with the ending than I am… but to me it rang false… that Chris was Des’ #2, pure and simple.  
I brought the above quote from you to say that this is the clearest explanation that I have seen this posted, and I appreciate your post.  
I am a Brooks fan, and was a definite Bres fan until the end.  High clap 

SueSt wrote:So.... since we touched on it a bit today... what do you think made Des cancel her last date with Drew and say she just knew something was not right?  Was it just that she felt more comfortable with Chris?  Was it something else?

regarding the bold about, it's my opinion only, but I believe that Des sees herself in Drew, and she cares deeply for him for all that he has gone thru, and for his total sincerity... I think he is deep in the friend zone with her tho.  I don't think she wanted to hurt him anymore than she had to.  at the end of Brooks leaving and the F2 rose ceremony, I think she was just trying to put one foot in front of the other, and if tptb would have left her alone, I doubt she would have given him the rose in the first place.  I think that by the time their date came, she was more sure of her thinking and thought it best to let him go before he got more hurt.  I think from the beginning Drew was her F3, the one she cares deeply for, but not in love with.

Last edited by afterawhile on Thu Aug 22, 2013 4:15 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : can't spell... oh well!)

Back to top Go down

Post by misticia Thu Aug 22, 2013 4:41 pm

SueSt wrote:So.... since we touched on it a bit today... what do you think made Des cancel her last date with Drew and say she just knew something was not right? Was it just that she felt more comfortable with Chris? Was it something else?
To me, Sue, Des was very flattered by Drew infatuation, very attracted to him physically. He is also a very tender guy. But simply not her type of men. After Brooks dumped her, she was in a emotional storm and realized she needed a strong man, not as emotional as her. And Drew speaks easaly about his emotions. He was honnest with her, confessed all the difficulties he had in life and i guess this was not something easy for her. In the Cinderella story, the charming prince has a linear life before to meet the heroine. He had not to deal with an handicaped sister, an alcoholic father, etc. Drew didn't present himself as a rock. Chris did. Drew is human, too much human. She realized what TPTB recorded during the break-up with Brooks could ne a deal breaker for a possible F1. She had to do a big move to prove the man she would pick, he was a choice and not a default. The only way to do it was to send home earlier the F2. And the F2 was Drew.

misticia

Back to top Go down

Post by Muslady Thu Aug 22, 2013 8:45 pm

misticia wrote:
SueSt wrote:So.... since we touched on it a bit today... what do you think made Des cancel her last date with Drew and say she just knew something was not right?  Was it just that she felt more comfortable with Chris?  Was it something else?
To me, Sue, Des was very flattered by Drew infatuation, very attracted to him physically. He is also a very tender guy. But simply not her type of men. After Brooks dumped her, she was in a emotional storm and realized she needed a strong man, not as emotional as her. And Drew speaks easaly about his emotions. He was honnest with her, confessed all the difficulties he had in life and i guess this was not something easy for her. In the Cinderella story, the charming prince has a linear life before to meet the heroine. He had not to deal with an handicaped sister, an alcoholic father, etc.  Drew didn't present himself as a rock. Chris did. Drew is human, too much human. She realized what TPTB recorded during the break-up with Brooks could ne a deal breaker for a possible F1. She had to do a big move to prove the man she would pick, he was a choice and not a default. The only way to do it was to send home earlier the F2. And the F2 was Drew.
Excellent post misticia! Especially the bolded. These to me are the most logical reasons for Drew's dismissal. She knew she only had a week left and something had to go down, what would it be? I'm one who believes Chris was always F1, but if not, then she was expecting big things from Brooks on the FD if he was going to emerge as F1. She had to be questioning their relationship because as Chris stated, their relationship was always moving forward, not the case with Brooks. I don't think Des felt Drew's was moving forward either.JMO

As far as Des and the FS, I think she used it to get to know them better. All would be over in a week, they could all wait that long.Hugesmile 
Muslady
Muslady

Back to top Go down

Post by SueSt Thu Aug 22, 2013 8:48 pm

misticia wrote:
To me, Sue, Des was very flattered by Drew infatuation, very attracted to him physically. He is also a very tender guy. But simply not her type of men. After Brooks dumped her, she was in a emotional storm and realized she needed a strong man, not as emotional as her. And Drew speaks easaly about his emotions. He was honnest with her, confessed all the difficulties he had in life and i guess this was not something easy for her. In the Cinderella story, the charming prince has a linear life before to meet the heroine. He had not to deal with an handicaped sister, an alcoholic father, etc.  Drew didn't present himself as a rock. Chris did. Drew is human, too much human. She realized what TPTB recorded during the break-up with Brooks could ne a deal breaker for a possible F1. She had to do a big move to prove the man she would pick, he was a choice and not a default. The only way to do it was to send home earlier the F2. And the F2 was Drew.
Thanks so much for your reply, Misticia. I really appreciate your thoughts and analysis. I definitely thought similarly regarding the early home for Drew; that Des was trying to take control of her out of control situation and was making a point... but hadn't really been able to understand why she would give up Drew.

But you make interesting points about Des wanting someone more linear (what a great and kind way to describe) and less emotional... it makes so much sense given the circumstances of the show and her emotional state at the time....

Sad that she didn't appreciate the type of strength Drew has to offer; the type of strength that is won on the battlefield of life, having faced dragons and slayed them (a real prince; to use your fairy tale analogy!). But we all have to go with what makes us comfortable... so I wish her well... And I'm happy for Drew too... because I'm guessing as a result of this experience that he is likely closer to understanding what he wants and needs from a mate!
SueSt
SueSt

Back to top Go down

Post by SueSt Thu Aug 22, 2013 8:57 pm

IrishGal wrote:Drew was the first FD?  So she had 5-7 days before she had the LCD with him?  During those 5 days she had a great date with Chris and a painful one with Brooks.  Maybe she just realized that her feelings were stronger for Chris and she wanted to spare Drew the humiliation of proposing? I wish she had told him right away like Ali told Chris, rather than starting out on the date activities.  I'm still impressed with how gracefully he handled it. He really is a gem.
Cheers to that!! :-)
SueSt
SueSt

Back to top Go down

Post by beader Thu Aug 22, 2013 8:57 pm

I may be wrong, but I got the feeling Drew was just getting into really dating to look for a wife--and having some fun while doing that. I think he needs to do some exploring and really getting to know some great women. He'll be a great husband. I hope he finds a great love when the time is right for him.

beader

Back to top Go down

Post by Muslady Thu Aug 22, 2013 9:04 pm

beader wrote:I may be wrong, but I got the feeling Drew was just getting into really dating to look for a wife--and having some fun while doing that.  I think he needs to do some exploring and really getting to know some great women.  He'll be a great husband.  I hope he finds a great love when the time is right for him.
These are my thoughts exactly.  I'm sure Drew will find his great love soon.  He has so much to offer and his heart is genuine.  I love all the pics from the sleuthers.
Muslady
Muslady

Back to top Go down

Post by misticia Fri Aug 23, 2013 1:25 am

Speaking of Drew dating, how do you picture the woman who would be the perfect match for him ?

misticia

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Drew Discussion Group

+16
misticia
Muslady