SELECT CONTENT

Des & Chris Siegfried - Fan Forum - General Discussion

Page 1 of 46 1, 2, 3 ... 23 ... 46  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

hawaii - Des & Chris Siegfried - Fan Forum - General Discussion Empty Des & Chris Siegfried - Fan Forum - General Discussion

Post by realitynut Sat Aug 10, 2013 8:00 am

the curse of the hollywood sign date ! First it was frank in ali's season and now brooks.

realitynut

Back to top Go down

hawaii - Des & Chris Siegfried - Fan Forum - General Discussion Empty Re: Des & Chris Siegfried - Fan Forum - General Discussion

Post by Newto Sat Aug 10, 2013 8:28 am

However, in the final analysis, Frank was not right for Ali and Brooks was not right for Des. All's well that ends well. JMHO.

Well behaved women rarely make history.
Newto
Newto

Female Posts : 13874

Back to top Go down

hawaii - Des & Chris Siegfried - Fan Forum - General Discussion Empty Re: Des & Chris Siegfried - Fan Forum - General Discussion

Post by agentcurls Sat Aug 10, 2013 12:28 pm

Columbia, MD wrote:However, in the final analysis, Frank was not right for Ali and Brooks was not right for Des.  All's well that ends well.  JMHO.
However, maybe Frank was right for Ali after all, (though Ali was not right for Frank at the time, obviously).....but she has stated she regretted getting engaged to Roberto....and her current boyfriend is Frank's doppleganger, both in looks and in personality it seems.

I'm rooting for Chris and Des, as they seem pretty happy at this moment. But only time will tell whether they are right for one another in the long run, particularly after how the relationship started. But I'm glad they are giving it a go!

Joey & Kelsey - You're the One

Joey & Kelsey - Why I Love You
agentcurls
agentcurls

Back to top Go down

Post by Pia1 Sat Aug 10, 2013 12:59 pm

I also think that it will help their relaionship that they are starting their life together away from the glitz and glamour of Hollywood. Many have been sucked in into to that lifestyle so I'm so glad that they've decided to live away from it. At this time, they don't seem to be interested in that lifestyle. Hoping all the best for them.

I also just watched their dates and I can really see that they're very compatible in every way. I'm glad that they chose each other.

And one day I turned around and looked back and saw that each step I’d taken was a choice, to go left, to go right, to go forward or even to not go at all. Every day every man has a choice between right and wrong, between love and hate, and sometimes between life and death and the sum of those choices becomes your life-Jamie Fraser
Pia1
Pia1

Back to top Go down

Post by Alanna Sat Aug 10, 2013 1:12 pm

The difference between these two and Ali and Roberto is that Des was genuinely confused but at the end of the day actually does want and need someone like Chris versus a man who cannot commit or doesn't know what he wants. Otoh, Ali and Rob had totally different goals and life objectives, he wanted someone more aligned with wife and mommyhood and she wanted to be on E! Frank was much more compatible with her life goals than Roberto and I suspect the same is true for her current bf who is also working in media. I don't see Des and Chris with competing life interests at this point so IMO now that she understands how much he loves her, she's fallen in love with him back and in fact their goals are probably much more in line with each other, which will serve to bond them even more.

Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
Carrie: What an amazing observation!
Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
~ Sex and the City

:dancingcupcake:

All the J’s all the time: #jash #Jo^3 #jaitlyn

#teamhannahB
Alanna
Alanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 10, 2013 2:23 pm

Alanna wrote:The difference between these two and Ali and Roberto is that Des was genuinely confused but at the end of the day actually does want and need someone like Chris versus a man who cannot commit or doesn't know what he wants. Otoh, Ali and Rob had totally different goals and life objectives, he wanted someone more aligned with wife and mommyhood and she wanted to be on E! Frank was much more compatible with her life goals than Roberto and I suspect the same is true for her current bf who is also working in media. I don't see Des and Chris with competing life interests at this point so IMO now that she understands how much he loves her, she's fallen in love with him back and in fact their goals are probably much more in line with each other, which will serve to bond them even more.
I don't think it's a matter of Brooks can't commit and doesn't know what he wants, but that Des is just not right for him and he knows it. When the right girl comes along I'm sure he can commit. He was thinking of getting married to his last girlfriend until she cheated on him and he never let her back. He has this thing for being cheated on (and might have hinted it was a reason he started to go away from Des). He obviously knows what he wants, or he wouldn't have been able to pack up and get out when he did . . . and stick with it.

Back to top Go down

Post by 2observe Sat Aug 10, 2013 2:42 pm

agentcurls wrote:
Columbia, MD wrote:However, in the final analysis, Frank was not right for Ali and Brooks was not right for Des.  All's well that ends well.  JMHO.
However, maybe Frank was right for Ali after all, (though Ali was not right for Frank at the time, obviously).....but she has stated she regretted getting engaged to Roberto....and her current boyfriend is Frank's doppleganger, both in looks and in personality it seems.

I'm rooting for Chris and Des, as they seem pretty happy at this moment. But only time will tell whether they are right for one another in the long run, particularly after how the relationship started. But I'm glad they are giving it a go!
IMO, Des and Chris relationship started just fine. Their relationship didn't just start when Brooks left, it started from the very beginning.
2observe
2observe

Female Posts : 3306

Back to top Go down

Post by agentcurls Sat Aug 10, 2013 2:49 pm

2observe wrote:
agentcurls wrote:

IMO, Des and Chris relationship started just fine.  Their relationship didn't just start when Brooks left, it started from the very beginning.
Let me rephrase that....after how their engagement started. Not being a nay-sayer, just realistic given this franchise's reputation.

I can be happy for them, but a little cautiously happy.

Joey & Kelsey - You're the One

Joey & Kelsey - Why I Love You
agentcurls
agentcurls

Back to top Go down

Post by 2observe Sat Aug 10, 2013 2:59 pm

agentcurls wrote:
2observe wrote:
agentcurls wrote:

IMO, Des and Chris relationship started just fine.  Their relationship didn't just start when Brooks left, it started from the very beginning.
Let me rephrase that....after how their engagement started. Not being a nay-sayer, just realistic given this franchise's reputation.

I can be happy for them, but a little cautiously happy.
OK!bestbud! giggling 
2observe
2observe

Back to top Go down

Post by MVMom39forever Sat Aug 10, 2013 4:46 pm

Adele1117 wrote:
Alanna wrote:The difference between these two and Ali and Roberto is that Des was genuinely confused but at the end of the day actually does want and need someone like Chris versus a man who cannot commit or doesn't know what he wants. Otoh, Ali and Rob had totally different goals and life objectives, he wanted someone more aligned with wife and mommyhood and she wanted to be on E! Frank was much more compatible with her life goals than Roberto and I suspect the same is true for her current bf who is also working in media. I don't see Des and Chris with competing life interests at this point so IMO now that she understands how much he loves her, she's fallen in love with him back and in fact their goals are probably much more in line with each other, which will serve to bond them even more.
I don't think it's a matter of Brooks can't commit and doesn't know what he wants, but that Des is just not right for him and he knows it. When the right girl comes along I'm sure he can commit. He was thinking of getting married to his last girlfriend until she cheated on him and he never let her back. He has this thing for being cheated on (and might have hinted it was a reason he started to go away from Des). He obviously knows what he wants, or he wouldn't have been able to pack up and get out when he did . . . and stick with it.
Good points all around! Alana - agree totally re: Ali/Frank/Roberto!

Agent Curls - I agree with you too! I was unspoiled thru ep 4 & liked Brooks because of how he acted with other guys. Yes, great first date in ep 2 but then their alone time was fairly hidden in ep 3-6 other than showing them kissing. I thought Brooks would fall victim to first date curse & be gone before HTD. I started really noticing Brooks because of what Chris said in ep 3 when he came back ("so good, so charming") on Dodgeball group date and then my daughter and I both howled over Brooks in the Mr. America contest of ep 4. He was hilarious and just a great sport but they never should us alone time with Des on that date!

I then became spoiled before ep 5 but at that point, I was team Chris and had already thought that Des & Chris' relationship was two-sided, nicely progressing ... but def acknowledge that Des was ga ga for Brooks too except it was just not reciprocated. The Brooks/Des date in ep 7 was a huge red flag when he said that he was behind her emotionally. I was just waiting to see Brooks catch up in HTD thru LCD so it would make sense for him to be F1 but we all know what happened.

So, YES, I am sure Brooks is capable of great love and will one day find it. He's a sweet guy and wish more contestants would bow out if they were not feeling it as the poor leads are confused enough as it is!

MVMom39forever
MVMom39forever

Female Posts : 2975

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Sat Aug 10, 2013 6:27 pm

realitynut wrote:the curse of the hollywood sign date ! First it was frank in ali's season and now brooks.
And a big part of me wonders if this wasn't the intention by tptb from inception.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by 2observe Sat Aug 10, 2013 6:47 pm

Kashathediva wrote:
realitynut wrote:the curse of the hollywood sign date ! First it was frank in ali's season and now brooks.
And a big part of me wonders if this wasn't the intention by tptb from inception.
I definitely think it was.  There where just too many similarities to Ali's Season and it led me to believe that when Brooks left he would not return.....just like Frank.  Someone posted after viewing Part 1 of the Finale (I don't recall the poster's name) that they noticed (on their Tivo recording during the credits) the camerman's info showed "Des and Brooks' Lovestory."   That to me confirmed that Des and Brooks lovestory was a producer manufactured one.  IMO, their lovestory was designed to capture the viewers and draw them into the manufactured lovestory, and it worked.

Last edited by 2observe on Sat Aug 10, 2013 8:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
2observe
2observe

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 46 1, 2, 3 ... 23 ... 46  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Des & Chris Siegfried - Fan Forum - General Discussion

+86
mysthelma
grace8136
alwaystulips
KB_Mom
Seabear