SELECT CONTENT

Jason & Molly Mesnick - Bachelor 13 - Discussion

Page 53 of 61 Previous  1 ... 28 ... 52, 53, 54 ... 57 ... 61  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Jason & Molly Mesnick - Bachelor 13 - Discussion - Page 53 Empty Re: Jason & Molly Mesnick - Bachelor 13 - Discussion

Post by Sprite Fri Jan 27, 2017 8:53 am

sosleepy wrote:I like Jason! Never really understood all the backlash against him, and to this day I'm surprised that out of 34ish seasons Jason is the only one to commit his "grievous error." Love Molly even more. She's awesome. I'm so completely meh/annoyed with Melissa though. 

Jason faded back to real life. He and Molly are legit. He isn't sanctimonious at all like certain other successful formers. He doesn't take himself too seriously. He seems like a good dad. He isn't offensive at all. And I still credit him for being the first Bachelor to walk down the aisle with his chosen lady. I think he deserves that credit, and it often gets gifted to Sean instead.

But he didn't walk down the aisle with his chosen lady. He picked Melissa and he married Molly who was his runner up. As successful as they have been post show, that is not the same as picking and marrying the same woman. Nevertheless, it's good to see them happy even though I was never a huge fan of anyone from that season...other than Jilly. They went through hell and despite all the odds against them, still managed to make it work. Got to give them yes

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Jason & Molly Mesnick - Bachelor 13 - Discussion - Page 53 Empty Re: Jason & Molly Mesnick - Bachelor 13 - Discussion

Post by bleuberry Fri Jan 27, 2017 10:36 am

Back then fans/the franchise were probably grasping because of the dry spell. Even being the first Bachelor to marry someone remotely from his season was an accomplishment laugh out loud. The odds are better nowadays but but 8 years ago? Unheard of IMO.

Technically Molly was 2nd choice but their wedding was long referred to as the first Bachelor wedding. It will always have a little * though.

Jason & Molly Mesnick - Bachelor 13 - Discussion - Page 53 6rj59l

In a little glass church built from the inspiration of dreams,  their vows danced through the air 
like smoke from a vigil candle, consummating a love now deeply matured. -Zak Waddell
bleuberry
bleuberry

Back to top Go down

Post by sosleepy Fri Jan 27, 2017 11:01 am

To me Molly was the last one standing when the show stopped airing. Melissa had been dumped. Molly was the new F1. She was on every single episode up until the bitter end. Semantics. Jason, to me, is the first Bachelor success story. Just a little messy, but that's life and most seasons of this silly show.
sosleepy
sosleepy

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Fri Jan 27, 2017 11:23 am

sosleepy wrote:To me Molly was the last one standing when the show stopped airing. Melissa had been dumped. Molly was the new F1. She was on every single episode up until the bitter end. Semantics. Jason, to me, is the first Bachelor success story. Just a little messy, but that's life and most seasons of this silly show.

The show's premise is supposed to be a social dating experiment. What has always stuck in my craw is that even though this is the premise, TPTB did a lot behind the scenes to force situations rather than let them naturally unfold. Had the show not been so set to sway Jason a certain way, he may have chosen Molly as his final. This is only one example I can think of from many. In past seasons, cast going against the grain of TPTB, have paid for it in bad post PR or edit. It's ironic that a reality tv show, was forced from being reality in many ways.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 27, 2017 11:45 am

From listening to their podcasts, I never got the impression Jason was really swayed to pick Melissa. Molly talked about how she was a completely different person on-camera/around Jason versus off, so I don't think Jason ever got to really know the real Melissa. Plus, he was always really into her look. It seemed like the biggest thing was that Jason wasn't ready to propose to her and the show essentially blackmailed him with a bad edit and manipulated him to get him to do so. IMO.

I think that Jason/Molly count as a success story, but I do think that not getting engaged on the last day of filming really helped. I think that puts so much pressure on a couple and it forces them to worry about the wedding, instead of just getting to know each other. Molly said she wasn't in love with Jason or ready to say yes to a proposal on that last day of filming, so I think being able to say yes when they were genuinely in love and knew each other and Molly had gotten to know Ty really helps, IMO.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Fri Jan 27, 2017 11:52 am

From my understanding from several sources I had during filming and post filming, --Jason was encouraged to pick Melissa.
As far as cast really getting to know the lead, this probably holds true to every season and most cast. It's said even the F1-F2 only spend very little real time with the lead. So you can connect, but really knowing each other comes after the show. IMO

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by atem Sun Feb 05, 2017 12:49 am

I read here in the Social Media non discussion thread that Jason is going to be at some GMA thing with Nick and some other former Bachelors? Why?

Anything I post means it's Just My Opinion.  Don't feel like posting it every time I post. So, I thought I'd get that out of the way.

#Teamatem
atem
atem

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Sun Feb 05, 2017 12:49 pm

There was no description in the article, it just said they would be on.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71354

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by bleuberry Mon Feb 27, 2017 5:19 pm

Can't believe it was 7 years ago! Happy Anniversary to the Mesnicks.

Jason & Molly Mesnick - Bachelor 13 - Discussion - Page 53 Img_9011
Jason & Molly Mesnick - Bachelor 13 - Discussion - Page 53 Img_9010

Jason & Molly Mesnick - Bachelor 13 - Discussion - Page 53 6rj59l

In a little glass church built from the inspiration of dreams,  their vows danced through the air 
like smoke from a vigil candle, consummating a love now deeply matured. -Zak Waddell
bleuberry
bleuberry

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Mon Feb 27, 2017 5:25 pm

Oh my gosh, 7 yrs??? That's insane (that I remember that like it was yesterday)

Hoorray Jason and Molly!

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71354

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Alanna Mon Feb 27, 2017 5:27 pm

Ahh I've become a very big fan of them, especially Molly. Congrats to them!

Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
Carrie: What an amazing observation!
Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
~ Sex and the City

:dancingcupcake:

All the J’s all the time: #jash #Jo^3 #jaitlyn

#teamhannahB
Alanna
Alanna

Back to top Go down

Post by ReneeM Mon Feb 27, 2017 5:32 pm

laugh out loud I was pretty young when Jason's season aired but I loved him and molly SO MUCH. I was supposed to sleep over at my aunt's house the night of the finale airing and when he chose Melissa I cried & threw the biggest tantrum of life and forced my aunt to take me home and by the time I got home, I missed most of the ATFR drama.

ReneeM

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 53 of 61 Previous  1 ... 28 ... 52, 53, 54 ... 57 ... 61  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Jason & Molly Mesnick - Bachelor 13 - Discussion

+122
LaineyG
Jolena
HavaDrPepper
casjacknick
ddsmom17