SELECT CONTENT

Celebrities - News - Discussion

Page 9 of 36 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 22 ... 36  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Celebrities - News - Discussion  - Page 9 Empty Re: Celebrities - News - Discussion

Post by albean99 Mon Sep 29, 2014 4:22 pm

I've become a big fan of her fashion sense after this weekend. Can't wait to see a pic of her dress - may even spring for a copy of Vogue.

I think he just knows that if he gives something to the press, they can have the private wedding that they want. I don't think being out in public for the wedding is going to help any future political plans he has, Tiger. He's been living in Italy for a long time. If he'd had the wedding in L.A. or NYC I might agree with you.

"Love is the Only Reality" -Ed Lambton
albean99
albean99

Female Posts : 15259

Back to top Go down

Celebrities - News - Discussion  - Page 9 Empty Re: Celebrities - News - Discussion

Post by GuardianAngel Mon Sep 29, 2014 7:00 pm

She is amazing when it comes to fashion. She is one classy lady. I came across a site that had a lot of pics of just her and what she was wearing. If I can find it again, I'll post it.

I've been following Clooney for years. He's been in politics for years, and he's owned a home in Italy for years. He doesn't need to get married to further his political career and he never would have gotten married if he wasn't in love. That statement was made by a protester for budget cuts. Italians complain about everything, I know, I've been there, my family are Italian. laugh out loud

The fact that he lives there more than he does in the US (especially when he was dating Elisabetta Canalis until she mentioned the M word)and got married there IMO is wonderful. Venice is special to him, he spends a lot of time there. I think that was a low key wedding, considering it could have been much more Hollywood style.

GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71354

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertiz Mon Sep 29, 2014 7:01 pm

I dont think the location matters in terms of attracting press and publicity.  The Kanye/Kim wedding was in Europe too and was tailor made for publicity.  Both weddings were spectacles, and it was purposeful.  I'm just not sure what Clooney's reason was.   It's easy enough to have a  more private wedding when money is no object. I like clooney - and his bride looked lovely. I'm just trying to figure out why he did what he did.
tigertiz
tigertiz

Back to top Go down

Post by stuckinsc Mon Sep 29, 2014 7:08 pm

tigertiz wrote:Something's not quite as it appears.  I agree with the person quoted in this article.  I'd bet he has political plans.  Hence all of the publicity and even the wedding itself.  
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/italy/11128418/George-Clooneys-wedding-to-Amal-Alamuddin-finally-ends.html

The wedding spectacle – the fourth in as many days involving Mr Clooney plying Venice’s crowded
Finally, it was over – the end of a wedding marathon which Mr Clooney’s publicists had always insisted would be low-key and private but which turned out be choreographed down to the last detail and designed to attract maximum media attention.

I followed Tony Parker's wedding to Eva Longoria in France and it was very much like this. Even the wedding in Germany that my husband went to was celebrated over three days.

Clooney love Italy and lives there, so I guess to me it isn't a big deal and like others have said, he has been involved in politics for years.

Personally, I think he just finally found his match. She is an incredible woman. Elizabeth C and both seemed a little shallow to me for a man who is not really shallow, though he is happy to let people get underestimate him based on his looks and charm.
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Female Posts : 10802

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Mon Sep 29, 2014 7:19 pm

tigertiz wrote:I dont think the location matters in terms of attracting press and publicity.  The Kanye/Kim wedding was in Europe too and was tailor made for publicity.  Both weddings were spectacles, and it was purposeful.  I'm just not sure what Clooney's reason was.   It's easy enough to have a  more private wedding when money is no object. I like clooney - and his bride looked lovely.  I'm just trying to figure out why he did what he did.

What did he do?
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by albean99 Tue Sep 30, 2014 10:15 am

Celebrities - News - Discussion  - Page 9 ?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.vogue.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2014%2F09_1%2F29%2Famal

Amal Alamuddin’s Wedding Dress: ​Behind the Scenes at Her Final Fitting with Oscar de la Renta

For human-rights lawyer Amal Alamuddin’s fairy-tale wedding to George Clooney, only a dream dress would do. Enter Oscar de la Renta.
He is the man every woman wants to hug!” Amal Alamuddin says happily. Surprisingly, the British-Lebanese human-rights barrister is not referring to George Clooney, her groom come September, but rather to the equally debonair Oscar de la Renta, who is designing her wedding dress. “George and I wanted a wedding that was romantic and elegant, and I can’t imagine anyone more able than Oscar to capture this mood in a dress,” she says. “Meeting him made the design process all the more magical, as he is so warm and such a gentleman.”

The rest of the article is here: 
http://www.vogue.com/2041281/amal-alamuddin-wedding-dress-oscar-de-la-renta/

albean99
albean99

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Tue Sep 30, 2014 10:52 am

Thanks bean!! Wow! Gorgeous! She's beautiful!

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by albean99 Tue Sep 30, 2014 11:04 am

There's more here.  https://gma.yahoo.com/first-look-george-clooney-amal-alamuddins-wedding-photos-121500433--abc-news-celebrities.html?vp=1

People & Hello mags have a shot of them on their covers.

albean99
albean99

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertiz Tue Sep 30, 2014 11:17 am

GuardianAngel wrote:
tigertiz wrote:I dont think the location matters in terms of attracting press and publicity.  The Kanye/Kim wedding was in Europe too and was tailor made for publicity.  Both weddings were spectacles, and it was purposeful.  I'm just not sure what Clooney's reason was.   It's easy enough to have a  more private wedding when money is no object. I like clooney - and his bride looked lovely.  I'm just trying to figure out why he did what he did.

What did he do?
He chose to have an over the top 3 day wedding that was about as public as one could possibly have. ( No private limos on those open canals.) And he did this, after his publicists insisted he'd have a low key and private wedding. So I'm trying to figure out - why the change?  Sure the publicists could have been wrong.  But it was still a gigantic public spectacle and he's certainly no Kanye. It's not because he married a movie star who is a famewhore and demanded it.     For goodness sake, there hasnt even been one word about anyone Amal had previously dated.  She's been quite private.  He chose Venice and those open canals, over getting married at Lake Como, or at any stunningly beautiful  private chateau or castle in Europe.  I'm just curious as to why he did this.
tigertiz
tigertiz

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Tue Sep 30, 2014 11:49 am

See, I don't see it as being such a big whoop. 
Yes, the arrival on the grand canal allowed public viewing access. Other than that, it was a small private Saturday evening wedding. I think only 60 were invited. 
 Many wedding celebrations extend over the weekend, especially if it's a "destination" for the guests.  Rehearsal dinner the evening before, sometimes a bridesmaid or family luncheon, then the wedding event and then a brunch the following morning. I've been a guest and a participant at many of these.  So I don't see this as any different and in Italy you have to have the civil wedding in addition. 
I am not a celeb watcher, so had not heard much about any of it until it happened. 

Her gown is beautiful!

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by stuckinsc Tue Sep 30, 2014 11:51 am

tigertiz wrote:
GuardianAngel wrote:

What did he do?
He chose to have an over the top 3 day wedding that was about as public as one could possibly have. ( No private limos on those open canals.) And he did this, after his publicists insisted he'd have a low key and private wedding. So I'm trying to figure out - why the change?  Sure the publicists could have been wrong.  But it was still a gigantic public spectacle and he's certainly no Kanye. It's not because he married a movie star who is a famewhore and demanded it.     For goodness sake, there hasnt even been one word about anyone Amal had previously dated.  She's been quite private.  He chose Venice and those open canals, over getting married at Lake Como, or at any stunningly beautiful  private chateau or castle in Europe.  I'm just curious as to why he did this.

I am just curious. Do we know that Venice was his choice? It may have been Amal's choice. Venice may be a special city to the two of them.

The three day thing is pretty normal in Europe at least from my limited experience.
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Female Posts : 10802

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Tue Sep 30, 2014 12:01 pm

IMO it doesn't matter where or what they planned, there would be a huge media gathering. He was the most eligible bachelor for years, this was big news.

As far as the three day celebration, that is very common in Italy and other parts of Europe. I really don't think it was over the top in terms of the actual wedding, it was an evening wedding, inside a private hotel as opposed to an outdoor Hollywood garden style. The only time they were visible was getting too and from the hotel on the water taxi's.  What was OTT was the media racing around trying to get photos and everyone else on SM.

The locals and tourists loved it, they got to see glimpses, and they were so gracious to those who lined up the streets and bridges to congratulate them. I read many Italian tweets and articles, they couldn't be happier to get a glimpse. I wouldn't compare him to Kanye, not at all. Different worlds altogether.

My BFF's daughter got married last summer. She had both families and bridal party at her house on Friday afternoon, till later in the evening, wedding morning, all the bridesmaids and their parents, as well as her own family at her house, while the bride was getting ready, for light buffet before the church ceremony at 1pm (and me who was organizing all the food) church, beautiful reception, then Sunday morning brunch for the bride groom and families again before they left for their honeymoon.

It's an Italian thing, and I'm sure other cultures as well. In Italy, you can have whatever number of parties ceremonies you like, but you still have to do the city hall to make it legal and they aren't open on weekends. Smiley

These are just my opinions. Personally I would have loved to see more of them especially after the ceremony and before the reception. I didn't get to see nearly enough of them, and I was scoping them out all weekend. Everything was so tight lipped. I wished they would have gotten in their Amore boat and rode around waiving to everyone! Being Italian, and his ties to Italy just made it all the more exciting for me.
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 36 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 22 ... 36  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Celebrities - News - Discussion

+38
ddsmom17
Scooby
sdmom
ReneeM
mprssdbyu