SELECT CONTENT

Sean & Catherine Lowe - Bachelor 17 - Discussion

Page 64 of 80 Previous  1 ... 33 ... 63, 64, 65 ... 72 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

humbled - Sean & Catherine Lowe - Bachelor 17 - Discussion - Page 64 Empty Re: Sean & Catherine Lowe - Bachelor 17 - Discussion

Post by justrosie Sun Apr 10, 2016 6:56 pm

umngirl wrote:^Cat has her own stationary company and a has her first capsule collection of her fashion line available. Before that she had a limited release line through a different stationary company and has also been doing various graphic design work since she left Amazon.

I say good for Catherine. I took a look at the cards and wonder what age group she is targeting. Personally speaking, I can't imagine who I would give any one of the cards to. The clothes are a versatile wardrobe.

justrosie

Back to top Go down

humbled - Sean & Catherine Lowe - Bachelor 17 - Discussion - Page 64 Empty Re: Sean & Catherine Lowe - Bachelor 17 - Discussion

Post by Beach Lover Mon Apr 18, 2016 12:31 pm

I got the feeling Cat was very career oriented before they got engaged. But she seems to have settled in very well with Sean's more traditional family views.  If she can stay home with her babies and still do something on the side to release her creative juices, more power to her. It would be a perfect balance IMO.

I wonder if Cat's judgmental attitude, like with Molly, has rubbed off on her from Sean.  I just finished his book and I like him less now. The guy has a real ego issue IMO.
Beach Lover
Beach Lover

Back to top Go down

Post by bleuberry Mon Apr 18, 2016 12:36 pm

Staying home is haaard! Hopefully Catherine will do whatever she feels is best for her, even if that changes after bub arrives. Sometimes it isn't what you expected or thought you'd enjoy.

As for Sean's ego, there's a reason Cat was always my favourite half of SeanCat laugh out loud.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

In a little glass church built from the inspiration of dreams,  their vows danced through the air 
like smoke from a vigil candle, consummating a love now deeply matured. -Zak Waddell
bleuberry
bleuberry

Back to top Go down

Post by sosleepy Mon Apr 18, 2016 2:43 pm

More than the career stuff, what I never understood is how Catherine went from being a Vegan to being a full out meat/BBQ eater! I know she married a meat eater, but usually being vegan extends beyond personal taste preference. It's usually a moral/ethical choice. I still feel like she changed so much of who she was for this man. Hey- if it makes her happy, more power! But I always found what I perceived to be such an about face in her personality (tree- hugging, laid back, non-judgmental, career woman) to the woman she has become rather startling. But, let's face it. On paper, the two didn't match at all. So one of them had to make compromises to make it work. And I think for the most part, that was Cat.
sosleepy
sosleepy

Back to top Go down

Post by umngirl Mon Apr 18, 2016 3:15 pm

^Catherine's veganism was never a moral/ethical thing for her. She got home from Kenya and just really craved fresh veggies because she rarely had them while in Kenya. That's how it started. She still eats vegan food and cooks vegan meals for them but she's just not strictly vegan anymore. That was a decision she made just like her original decision to turn vegan.

She's still very much the creative, Seahawks-loving, laid-back, etc. person that she always was. The only real difference to me is that her faith is much stronger now that it was before she was on the show, but again, that was her decision and journey to take. All JMO.

umngirl
umngirl

Female Posts : 20215

Back to top Go down

Post by sosleepy Mon Apr 18, 2016 3:21 pm

^ ok, thanks for the clarification. I still find it a little odd. Like I crave fresh veggies too; I typically eat more veggies than I do meat or animal products. But that preference doesn't make me take the leap into cutting out animal products all together. Usually to make that jump (not just vegetarian, but full blown vegan) takes a moral/ethical choice. Usually being the operative word.
sosleepy
sosleepy

Back to top Go down

Post by umngirl Mon Apr 18, 2016 3:22 pm

sosleepy wrote:^ ok, thanks for the clarification. I still find it a little odd. Like I crave fresh veggies too; I typically eat more veggies than I do meat or animal products. But that preference doesn't make me take the leap into cutting out animal products all together. Usually to make that jump (not just vegetarian, but full blown vegan) takes a moral/ethical choice. Usually being the operative word.

Her BFF is vegan so that probably was one reason she stuck with it longer.

umngirl
umngirl

Female Posts : 20215

Back to top Go down

Post by lipsis Mon Apr 18, 2016 3:31 pm

Catherine was vegan for only about five years and she was never a total vegan. If she was someplace that couldnt accomodate that diet she ate what they had. She was advised by a nutritionalist that more protein in a diet was better for her health so she now eats more meat. She still eats a lot of vegan food though.

While she and Sean may not match on paper, they match on the important stuff that doesnt show on paper. She always was a traditional girl in relationships and wanted a traditional family. If you watched their season she talked about some of the stuff she went though as a kid. Her life was very turbulant. According to her (via her talks at church), she has the life that she always wanted now.

"Where would you see us in like five years? What would our lives be like?" ~ Sean Lowe
"We would obviously be married, I hope. I wouldn't be surprised if there was a kid involved in five years." "And we would be happy!" ~ Catherine (Giudici) Lowe
lipsis
lipsis

Back to top Go down

Post by sosleepy Mon Apr 18, 2016 3:45 pm

^^ I did watch Sean's season when it originally aired. (I've sadly seen pretty much all of these seasons. I can't quit this dumb show! laugh out loud)  I actually really liked Catherine on the show. She was so laid back and cool about everything compared to the average Bach girl contestant. She was def my favorite that season (well, maybe ties with Des), and in an alternate universe I wouldn't have minded seeing a Catherine season of the 'ette. I also got the impression her home life was rather turbulent, so I'm glad she has that family stability she always wanted through the Lowes. I also agree compatibility is not totally about "what's on the paper." But sometimes the stuff that does go on paper (which is many times very core and important stuff) could rear its ugly head later on down the line.
sosleepy
sosleepy

Back to top Go down

Post by Beach Lover Tue Apr 19, 2016 12:11 am

Cat was always my favorite half of that duo too and I'm happy that she has the life she wants now. That's the only reason I tolerate Sean is because he does seem to make her happy. But I still think he needs to tone it down with his holier than though attitude. maybe fatherhood will bring his ego down a notch or two.
Beach Lover
Beach Lover

Back to top Go down

Post by stuckinsc Tue Apr 19, 2016 7:46 am

JMO, all this discussion tells me is that Cat has no real values of her own. She was Vegan so long (5 years when you are under 30 is a long time and a commitment too) because the bff. She became a Christian because of Sean and now that he is a louder voice in her life a meat eater too. I do think Sean's family especially Jay gave Cat a stability she lacked. I get it, I am attracted to warm mother figures for a similar reason.

BUT, I do not blame Sean. Cat is the one who gladly thoroughly embraces this. And while I find Sean sanctimonious, I have heard him admit that CWS and other things were at least partially on him. Cat on the other hand becomes Wratherine and IMO a nasty, whiny, hypocritical b****. I would love for someone to put together all the thngs she said to JPG and follow it with all her flimsy excuses post CWS and MBC. Cat has what we used to call the convert problem. Those who convert hold their beliefs much more strongly to the point of attack than those for whom beliefs are long held who have time to realize that nothing is without some flaw. I personally dislike Cat/Wrath much more than Sean now. I have read his words admiting he was wrong. I have yet to hear that from her. Again all JMO.
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Female Posts : 10802

Back to top Go down

Post by justrosie Tue Apr 19, 2016 8:41 am

stuckinsc wrote:JMO, all this discussion tells me is that Cat has no real values of her own. She was Vegan so long (5 years when you are under 30 is a long time and a commitment too) because the bff. She became a Christian because of Sean and now that he is a louder voice in her life a meat eater too. I do think Sean's family especially Jay gave Cat a stability she lacked. I get it, I am attracted to warm mother figures for a similar reason.

BUT, I do not blame Sean. Cat is the one who gladly thoroughly embraces this. And while I find Sean sanctimonious, I have heard him admit that CWS and other things were at least partially on him. Cat on the other hand becomes Wratherine and IMO a nasty, whiny, hypocritical b****. I would love for someone to put together all the thngs she said to JPG and follow it with all her flimsy excuses post CWS and MBC. Cat has what we used to call the convert problem. Those who convert hold their beliefs much more strongly to the point of attack than those for whom beliefs are long held who have time to realize that nothing is without some flaw. I personally dislike Cat/Wrath much more than Sean now. I have read his words admiting he was wrong. I have yet to hear that from her. Again all JMO.

"She became a Christian because of Sean"

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I seem to remember a Crucifix shown hanging on a wall at her mother's home during hometown visit. To me that would indicate a believer in Christ (Christian) resides there. Was Catherine not a believer in Christ (Christian) prior to being baptized into the Baptist faith?

I really take issue with certain religious sects suggesting they have cornered the market on Christianity, and speak for all Christians by simply calling themselves "Christian". JMHO

justrosie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 64 of 80 Previous  1 ... 33 ... 63, 64, 65 ... 72 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Sean & Catherine Lowe - Bachelor 17 - Discussion

+79
Al
Tiggerlgh
grace8136
Beach Lover
justrosie