SELECT CONTENT

Desiree & Chris Siegfried - Bachelorette 9 - Discussion

Page 16 of 32 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 24 ... 32  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Desiree & Chris Siegfried - Bachelorette 9 - Discussion  - Page 16 Empty Re: Desiree & Chris Siegfried - Bachelorette 9 - Discussion

Post by jlccaz Sun Oct 23, 2016 11:37 am

They practically have a fiduciary duty to the baby to post those pictures through media and put that money in a trust fund for him which will grow and grow, and give him freedom and education.

Period, it's just being smart and responsible parents, that's my view!

jlccaz
jlccaz

Back to top Go down

Desiree & Chris Siegfried - Bachelorette 9 - Discussion  - Page 16 Empty Re: Desiree & Chris Siegfried - Bachelorette 9 - Discussion

Post by sosleepy Sun Oct 23, 2016 1:56 pm

jlccaz wrote:They practically have a fiduciary duty to the baby to post those pictures through media and put that money in a trust fund for him which will grow and grow, and give him freedom and education.

Period, it's just being smart and responsible parents, that's my view!  

Exactly. Other couples have received huge monetary incentives through DWTS, MBC appearances, shilling, tv wedding deals, their own freaking reality tv shows. What has Des taken monetarily or exposure wise comparatively? Practically next to nothing. And even when she did take this deal with US, she still made it classy with just his hand. Look, Des and Chris aren't even like my faves, though I like them. I just think totally unbiased opinion, they are literally the most low key and grounded and get the least amount of exposure of ALL of these couples. And with that comparison, it's really hard to throw stones at them and criticize.
sosleepy
sosleepy

Back to top Go down

Post by sparkler Sun Oct 23, 2016 1:58 pm

mindless wrote:Congrats to Des and Chris!

I find Asher one of the more palatable Bachelor baby names.  ^edit*

I have watched the gilmore girls episodes a million times and the only other asher I have ever heard of is on that show...asher fleming. An old guy having a relationship with a college girl...Not a positive image so not my favorite name. As for Wrigely, meh, it reminds me of a worm (weird I know, it is really for the Cubs). I love Des and Chris though and am very happy for them. I think they will be great parents.

sparkler

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Sun Oct 23, 2016 2:06 pm

I think there is an Asher on How to Get A Way With Murder.
It is a more popular name lately, IMO.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by umngirl Sun Oct 23, 2016 2:09 pm

Those two Asher examples are why I can't get behind the name. A murderer or a creepy old guy who dates college girls. Lol

Desiree & Chris Siegfried - Bachelorette 9 - Discussion  - Page 16 87b72b10 Desiree & Chris Siegfried - Bachelorette 9 - Discussion  - Page 16 86669110 Desiree & Chris Siegfried - Bachelorette 9 - Discussion  - Page 16 Fd795c10
umngirl
umngirl

Female Posts : 20215

Back to top Go down

Post by sosleepy Sun Oct 23, 2016 2:12 pm

Asher is actually an extremely old biblical/Jewish name. He was one of Jacob's sons in the Old Testament. So with that in mind, it is a classic name. It's just making a HUGE resurgence right now and is pretty trendy. I personally really like it. For me, it always reminds me of The Giver if you've read that book (one of my childhood faves, still holds up as good literature as an adult). Asher was the main character Jonas' best friend. He was kind and jolly, a great kid. That's what I think of when I think of the name Asher. Smiley
sosleepy
sosleepy

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Sun Oct 23, 2016 2:20 pm

umngirl wrote:Those two Asher examples are why I can't get behind the name. A murderer or a creepy old guy who dates college girls. Lol

Thankfully there are zillions of names available for all to choose according to their own personal taste.
I had to edit my post because @sosleepy I liked yours so much and was thinking the exact same thoughts. I would love it if my next grandson was named that...but that will not be, I think.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by alwaystulips Sun Oct 23, 2016 2:24 pm

Interesting. I never think about TV characters when I think of whether I like a name.

I tend to make historical connections and even how it sounds when I say it. As so sleepy said, it's a Hebrew name and has a long connection to Israel's history. It's sometimes translated as fortunate, blessed, happy one. I like that.
alwaystulips
alwaystulips

Back to top Go down

Post by mindless Sun Oct 23, 2016 2:45 pm

sparkler wrote:
mindless wrote:Congrats to Des and Chris!

I find Asher one of the more palatable Bachelor baby names.  ^edit*

I have watched the gilmore girls episodes a million times and the only other asher I have ever heard of is on that show...asher fleming. An old guy having a relationship with a college girl...Not a positive image so not my favorite name. As for Wrigely, meh, it reminds me of a worm (weird I know, it is really for the Cubs). I love Des and Chris though and am very happy for them. I think they will be great parents.

I'm a huge fan of Gilmore Girls (have the DVD's) and I didn't even remember there was an Asher on that show until you mentioned it. laugh out loud I guess I don't associate names with TV characters unless it's a really unique name we're talking.
mindless
mindless

Back to top Go down

Post by mercieme Sun Oct 23, 2016 2:57 pm

umngirl wrote:Those two Asher examples are why I can't get behind the name. A murderer or a creepy old guy who dates college girls. Lol

Interesting, I can't get behind the name "Hitler" as well but it didn't stop some people from naming their child that. My point being no one cares really whether we get behind the names of their children, it's their child after all....jmo.

Anyways mazel tov to Des & Chris, wish them much continued happiness with this precious new addition.

mercieme

Back to top Go down

Post by bleuberry Sun Oct 23, 2016 3:15 pm

I thought about Asher from HTGAWM too but these shows are fleeting, and it'll be old news by the time little Asher starts school laugh out loud.

Desiree & Chris Siegfried - Bachelorette 9 - Discussion  - Page 16 6rj59l

In a little glass church built from the inspiration of dreams,  their vows danced through the air 
like smoke from a vigil candle, consummating a love now deeply matured. -Zak Waddell
bleuberry
bleuberry

Back to top Go down

Post by Ash2214 Sun Oct 23, 2016 3:16 pm

sosleepy wrote:Asher is actually an extremely old biblical/Jewish name. He was one of Jacob's sons in the Old Testament. So with that in mind, it is a classic name. It's just making a HUGE resurgence right now and is pretty trendy. I personally really like it. For me, it always reminds me of The Giver if you've read that book (one of my childhood faves, still holds up as good literature as an adult). Asher was the main character Jonas' best friend. He was kind and jolly, a great kid. That's what I think of when I think of the name Asher. Smiley

Agreed. The biblical/Hebrew meaning of Asher is happy. I love it. It's different without being ridiculous. I simply think it's a cute name and it definitely has become more popular within the past year or so.

A cute name to go with a very, very cute baby I would bet.

Ash2214

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 32 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 24 ... 32  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Desiree & Chris Siegfried - Bachelorette 9 - Discussion

+73
Just Looking
SafronSahara
provenceguy
ddsmom17
Billysmom