SELECT CONTENT

Doug Hehner & Jamie Hehner - MAFS - Season 1 - Discussion

Page 46 of 54 Previous  1 ... 24 ... 45, 46, 47 ... 50 ... 54  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

JamieOtis - Doug Hehner & Jamie Hehner - MAFS - Season 1 - Discussion  - Page 46 Empty Re: Doug Hehner & Jamie Hehner - MAFS - Season 1 - Discussion

Post by provenceguy Mon Jun 05, 2017 12:46 pm

Jamie sure likes the shoes she is wearing on the cover of her book. She wears them every week on Unfiltered.
provenceguy
provenceguy

Female Posts : 1880

Back to top Go down

JamieOtis - Doug Hehner & Jamie Hehner - MAFS - Season 1 - Discussion  - Page 46 Empty Re: Doug Hehner & Jamie Hehner - MAFS - Season 1 - Discussion

Post by nuts2uiam Tue Jun 06, 2017 12:57 pm

Newto wrote:IA she is an opportunist.  Always was, probably will always be.  However, this is her way and she is entitled to it so long as she does not get grubby or hurt someone else in the process.  Registries are put up by many people, not only celebrities.  You can ignore them if you wish.

Parents frequently loan or give thousands to their children who are buying a house.  Federal law allows gifts up to $11K per person per year without incurring gift tax consequences.  So, right off the bat, you can give over $20K to your child and their spouse.

JMHO.

Actually that number is now and has been since 2014 at $14k. I agree with all you said, but Jamie and Doug were in contract for a house when the deal fell through due to his student loan delinquency. I would think if there were help available from parents it would have been then when they were so devastated over the loss of the house. Again, not our business, however, I do find it curious that she was clearly stating that they had no money to buy an house and had to move in with Doug's family to save for a house down the road. Lot's of stuff could have happened financially since then, but the oversharing (in my opinion) beget lots of questions, when things don't seem to add up again, this is simply my own opinion.

Separately, I guess I have a problem in what seems to me, to be a direct bid for gifts. In fact she is repping one registry that has a PO Box and her address. I guess I am just an old foggie, but begging is never pretty and putting your address in my opinion is nothing short of begging. I am delighted that they are happy and she is going to have the child she has aways wanted, everyone deserves such great happiness. I just wish she weren't so obvious in soliciting gifts. I am almost eating for the housework party registry to be made public. Sorry to be so critical, but, I feel this way about baby showers and wedding showers in general. In my day, they were for close friends and family not the masses. Off my soapbox now before I fall. :soapbox :soapbox
nuts2uiam
nuts2uiam

Female Posts : 719

Back to top Go down

Post by Newto Tue Jun 06, 2017 3:54 pm

@nuts2uiam - to some extent I agree with you about the showers. For the first child it is nice, but for subsequent children of the same sex, I don't know. My mom did not believe in showers and did not allow any one to throw a wedding shower for me, yet she hosted and paid for a shower for my then best friend. I never did figure that one out.

I didn't know the gift threshold had gone up to $14K. Thanks for updating me! We gave our kids money only after all the contracts were signed and the lenders could not question why we were gifting them.

Don't worry about the soapbox. We all get on once in a while. It's good to let it all hang out sometimes.

Well behaved women rarely make history.
Newto
Newto

Female Posts : 13874

Back to top Go down

Post by smartcat Tue Jun 06, 2017 4:40 pm

I kind of tired of Jamie and Doug somewhere along the way and especially Jamie. A little too beggie and needy for me to follow but,
I still check in on them to see how Jamie's pregnancy is progressing and I'm hoping as we all are with a full heart that they have their healthy, sweet, "rainbow baby" and their HEA
smartcat
smartcat

Female Posts : 13954

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Tue Jun 06, 2017 5:02 pm

I almost feel as if we are having a generational discussion here. LOL. I think we might be all close to the same age group/generation.
Things are different now. Sigh.
I was shocked when my daughter was engaged. Where I live it is now customary for the mother and/or mother of the groom to be the hostess of the bridal shower. In my day, it was hosted by friends of the bride or other family and was considered rude for the mother or mother-in-law to be involved.
My daughter was so burnt out(thank you, God!) after that experience, that she did not do baby showers. Such a relief.
But they do register now for baby gifts as they do wedding gifts. That actually made things quite a bit easier.
What I find even more bizarre as far as funding goes is those Go Fund Me pages. I am seeing them for all kinds of things now. Funerals. Vacations. Hospital bills. Honeymoons. All kinds of things.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by Amberish Wed Jun 07, 2017 10:25 pm

I don't interpret Jamie begging for anything. She has family, friends, and certainly a loyal following that must be interested in what she needs and she registered. Who doesn't register these days?
Amberish
Amberish

Female Posts : 1472

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Wed Jun 07, 2017 11:35 pm

IMO there's nothing wrong with registering. I prefer that. I look at a registry when I receive an invitation to someone's bridal shower or baby shower. I purchase the item, I bring it to the shower all nicely wrapped. I've never seen a PO box on a gift registry where I would simply mail it and say here you go, you're welcome.

It just didn't seem right to me either when I saw that. Maybe it's easier that way to get freebies sent to these former's, I have no idea, I get nothing for free. It certainly appeared to me that it was there for anyone who wants to send her anything. What other reasons would there be a PO box. Family friends out of town, would know the address to send it to, I would think.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71448

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Amberish Mon Jun 12, 2017 4:05 am

You must provide a shipping address to somewhere when registering, so clearly the PO Box couldn't be an issue, in that the registry posted here required an address and Jame provided a reasonably safe one. (For the record, the BB&B registry that they also listed at, didn't require a publicly listed address and, instead, they mask it: https://www.buybuybaby.com/store/giftregistry/view_registry_guest.jsp?pwsToken=&eventType=Baby&inventoryCallEnabled=true®istryId=544481640&pwsurl=)

Anyway, it sort of seems that in order for Jamie to avoid looking like an 'opportunist' or a 'former looking for freebies', she (1) shouldn't have registered, (2) shouldn't have said she registered or (3) shouldn't have disclosed where she registered...

Thing is, every 'former' I follow closely registers and/or announces somewhere that he or she is registered for a registering-type-of-event. And, if I don't bother following, but care enough, I'm sure I could discover registration.

I like Jamie's backstory. I like the fact that she has made something of herself despite her addict mother and horrendous upbringing. I like it that as soon as she was able to, she helped her younger siblings.

Anyway, she registered. Yes, she has IRL family and friends, but I expect she also has some sort of a following of sincere, caring fans that she communicates with that may also be sending her something. Heck, maybe I'll send a gift for all the reasons mentioned above or just because I can afford to do so.

Finally, and also, for the record, the few times I hand carry a gift for a registered-gift-type event that I expect to attend is when I didn't get around to purchasing early enough to have it shipped or when my gift is presented within an envelope.
Amberish
Amberish

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Mon Jun 12, 2017 10:05 am

I don't care what they do with their life, my opinion is that it was strange to post a registry with a PO Box shortly after the baby announcement. Call it an opportunist call it asking for freebies, call it accommodating her fans, call it whatever you want. You don't agree, that's fine. This is what we do here, discuss and share opinions.

I'm sure my opinion means nothing to her.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71448

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by nuts2uiam Mon Jun 12, 2017 2:00 pm

Amberish wrote:You must provide a shipping address to somewhere when registering, so clearly the PO Box couldn't be an issue, in that the registry posted here required an address and Jame provided a reasonably safe one. (For the record, the BB&B registry that they also listed at, didn't require a publicly listed address and, instead, they mask it: https://www.buybuybaby.com/store/giftregistry/view_registry_guest.jsp?pwsToken=&eventType=Baby&inventoryCallEnabled=true®istryId=544481640&pwsurl=)

Anyway, it sort of seems that in order for Jamie to avoid looking like an 'opportunist' or a 'former looking for freebies', she (1) shouldn't have registered, (2) shouldn't have said she registered or (3) shouldn't have disclosed where she registered...

Thing is, every 'former' I follow closely registers and/or announces somewhere that he or she is registered for a registering-type-of-event. And, if I don't bother following, but care enough, I'm sure I could discover registration.

I like Jamie's backstory. I like the fact that she has made something of herself despite her addict mother and horrendous upbringing. I like it that as soon as she was able to, she helped her younger siblings.

Anyway, she registered. Yes, she has IRL family and friends, but I expect she also has some sort of a following of sincere, caring fans that she communicates with that may also be sending her something. Heck, maybe I'll send a gift for all the reasons mentioned above or just because I can afford to do so.

Finally, and also, for the record, the few times I hand carry a gift for a registered-gift-type event that I expect to attend is when I didn't get around to purchasing early enough to have it shipped or when my gift is presented within an envelope.

Yes, they are certainly entitled to a registry and I too, am thrilled that she has managed to find happiness and her dream to be a mom will soon be realized.  That said, I personally don't know of a registry, (not saying it does not exist) that requires an address to be shown to the public.  Not in this day and age of identity theft and nut jobs.   I would think she had to authorize the publication of her address due to privacy concerns on the part of the company she registered with. Yes, it is a P.O. address, I know. I think in this day and age of having to sign off on everything to divulge anything, she had to agree to this.  Typically, I can call say Babies "r" us and say please send Jamie Hehner the blanket from her registry and they will ship it for me, without divulging her address.  I might be wrong, won't be the first time, but in my mind there is only one reason to do so, more swag for them.  I was a Jamie fan, but for me the shine is off the apple.  In another related event, I looked at her instagram only to check to see if she had a registry up there for her new house and she didn't.  Instead a picture of she and Doug in the bath tub, he kissing her forehead and his hand covering her breast in a tub of bubbles, captioned First Friday in our New home. I guess divulging your address isn't half bad.
nuts2uiam
nuts2uiam

Female Posts : 719

Back to top Go down

Post by provenceguy Sun Jun 25, 2017 4:45 pm

http://people.com/babies/jamie-otis-surprise-baby-shower-all-the-details/
provenceguy
provenceguy

Female Posts : 1880

Back to top Go down

Post by Amberish Mon Jun 26, 2017 4:29 pm

provenceguy wrote:http://people.com/babies/jamie-otis-surprise-baby-shower-all-the-details/

Thanks. Cute piece. Also, Cortney was there!

JamieOtis - Doug Hehner & Jamie Hehner - MAFS - Season 1 - Discussion  - Page 46 Jamie-10
Amberish
Amberish

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 46 of 54 Previous  1 ... 24 ... 45, 46, 47 ... 50 ... 54  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Doug Hehner & Jamie Hehner - MAFS - Season 1 - Discussion

+81
alwayscooking
Minney
gurlbrit
losinmemind
Idlemess