SELECT CONTENT

College Football - All Teams - Discussion

Page 2 of 23 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12 ... 23  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Buckeyes - College Football - All Teams - Discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: College Football - All Teams - Discussion

Post by umngirl Mon Aug 04, 2014 5:54 pm

^I've always been a Charlie Strong fan even though he's never coached one of my teams.

And Big 10 fans here? I'm a Wisconsin Badgers fan born and raised.

Yes I did go to a rival university but it was for the education. Although I do cheer for them when they're not playing Wisconsin

Buckeyes - College Football - All Teams - Discussion - Page 2 87b72b10 Buckeyes - College Football - All Teams - Discussion - Page 2 86669110 Buckeyes - College Football - All Teams - Discussion - Page 2 Fd795c10
umngirl
umngirl

Female Posts : 20215

Back to top Go down

Buckeyes - College Football - All Teams - Discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: College Football - All Teams - Discussion

Post by stuckinsc Mon Aug 04, 2014 7:54 pm

umngirl wrote:^I've always been a Charlie Strong fan even though he's never coached one of my teams.

And Big 10 fans here? I'm a Wisconsin Badgers fan born and raised.

Yes I did go to a rival university but it was for the education. Although I do cheer for them when they're not playing Wisconsin

I like the Big 10, and if you beat up on the whiny Nebraska Cornhuskers I will like you even more! Should be interesting with the addition of Maryland and Rutgers to bring in the east coast. I think Ohio State and Michigan get most of the press, so I enjoy when another team from the Big 10 does well.

Also, we need to get these conference names fixed. The Big 12 has ten, the Big 10 has 14, please can we fix this?

I do think the Big 12 will eventually go away and Texas will end up in the ACC or the PAC12. They had overtures from the Big 12 and were not interested. I really thought they would have joined the PAC8 to make the PAC12, but the whole Baylor thing got in the way.

I am still sad that Texas and A&M are in difference conferences. It was a great rivalry.
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Female Posts : 10802

Back to top Go down

Post by Iam4UGA Tue Aug 05, 2014 11:26 am

stuckinsc wrote:http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/11303427/charlie-strong-confirms-suspensions-dismissals-texas-longhorns-players

I am proud of Charlie Strong for not comprising how he wants the team run.  I respect him for releasing players and especially good players who refuse to play by the rules.

No offense to the Longhorns at all or to you Stuck, but Richt does this all of the time and he just gets bashed by the fans.  no no  I am glad he is not compromising the values. These kids just jump up and down on my last nerve. If they would just abide by the rules - the world is their oyster so to speak!

"How careful I must be, somewhere a little fellow watches me." - Herman Boone - High School Hall of Fame Coach
Iam4UGA
Iam4UGA

Female Posts : 800

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Tue Aug 05, 2014 11:47 am

Iam4UGA wrote:
stuckinsc wrote:http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/11303427/charlie-strong-confirms-suspensions-dismissals-texas-longhorns-players

I am proud of Charlie Strong for not comprising how he wants the team run.  I respect him for releasing players and especially good players who refuse to play by the rules.

No offense to the Longhorns at all or to you Stuck, but Richt does this all of the time and he just gets bashed by the fans.   no no   I am glad he is not compromising the values.  These kids just jump up and down on my last nerve.  If they would just abide by the rules - the world is their oyster so to speak!

Sounds like my kind of coach. Especially at that age, they need some sense knocked in their heads and be reminded of how they got to that level.  

I come with a peace offering for rooting for the gators. This is the Dawg I got at the Atlanta airport a couple of years ago. Press his belly and marching band music plays with "Go Dawgs" laugh out loud

Buckeyes - College Football - All Teams - Discussion - Page 2 Bullda10
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71487

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by FLChica Tue Aug 05, 2014 12:12 pm

stuckinsc wrote:
Kashathediva wrote:South Eastern Conference?

Yup, SEC = South Eastern Conference.  

It is composed of two divisions, East and West.  The West has Alabama, Texas A&M, Auburn, Mississippi State, Ole Miss, Louisiana State, and Arkansas.  The East has University of Florida (those evil Gators), University of Georgia, University of South Carolina, University of Tennessee, Vanderbilt, University of Kentucky, and University of Missouri.  

GA, Jodi fans will not like you much.  The UGA Bulldogs do not like the Florida Gators at all.  LSU is also made fun of by the Gators too, so maybe Jodi has that in common.

My husband is a graduate of Florida State University, so he doesn't like the Gators either.  FSU is part of the Atlantic Coast Conference.  

My team, Texas, is part of the Big 12, which now has 10 teams, how funny.  That is because the traitors that are Missouri and Texas A&M left us for the SEC.  Missouri mostly because they are whiners.  Texas A&M wanted more money and respect.

Please feel free to ask, I will be happy to share info and bring you up to speed.
Looks like things have worked out o.k. for the Aggies since they joined the SEC.  The last time they played a Big 12 team was in the Cotton Bowl vs. OU January 2013.  The Aggies crushed the Sooners 41-13 and Stoops still whines about Sumlin & company.  O who?

Moving to the SEC and producing a Heisman winner has put the Aggies on the national stage.  Sumlin has nailed down the top recruits in the 2013 & 2014 classes.  Sorry Charlie.  Mack Brown is gone and TAMU is no longer the little brother in Texas.  Gig 'em.
FLChica
FLChica

Female Posts : 1336

Back to top Go down

Post by stuckinsc Tue Aug 05, 2014 5:22 pm

FLChica wrote:
stuckinsc wrote:
Kashathediva wrote:South Eastern Conference?

Yup, SEC = South Eastern Conference.  

It is composed of two divisions, East and West.  The West has Alabama, Texas A&M, Auburn, Mississippi State, Ole Miss, Louisiana State, and Arkansas.  The East has University of Florida (those evil Gators), University of Georgia, University of South Carolina, University of Tennessee, Vanderbilt, University of Kentucky, and University of Missouri.  

GA, Jodi fans will not like you much.  The UGA Bulldogs do not like the Florida Gators at all.  LSU is also made fun of by the Gators too, so maybe Jodi has that in common.

My husband is a graduate of Florida State University, so he doesn't like the Gators either.  FSU is part of the Atlantic Coast Conference.  

My team, Texas, is part of the Big 12, which now has 10 teams, how funny.  That is because the traitors that are Missouri and Texas A&M left us for the SEC.  Missouri mostly because they are whiners.  Texas A&M wanted more money and respect.

Please feel free to ask, I will be happy to share info and bring you up to speed.
Looks like things have worked out o.k. for the Aggies since they joined the SEC.  The last time they played a Big 12 team was in the Cotton Bowl vs. OU January 2013.  The Aggies crushed the Sooners 41-13 and Stoops still whines about Sumlin & company.  O who?

Moving to the SEC and producing a Heisman winner has put the Aggies on the national stage.  Sumlin has nailed down the top recruits in the 2013 & 2014 classes.  Sorry Charlie.  Mack Brown is gone and TAMU is no longer the little brother in Texas.  Gig 'em.

FL, you are killing me! I thought you were my Florida pal. I miss Texas and A&M being in the same conference. But since I went to UT from 1990-1994, I am kind of used to us getting our butts kicked, so truly, you aren't upsetting me.

I will be impressed if A&M continues to thrive post Johnny Football. As much as I don't like him and his choice of friends, Johnny M is a once in a generation type player. I will be impressed if they keep up with the success. They have definitely won the recruiting battles the last two seasons, and rightfully so. I will be happy to watch and see a coach who has the passion for the game again. I felt Mack had lost it. I still adore Mack and would love to see him on College Gameday with Lee Corso.

I will confess, I am still routing for everyone but Missouri and Arkansas to beat A&M, but I might get over that someday.

As for beating OU in bowl games, now come on, Boise State, West Virginia and Florida are all unimpressed. I am not an OU fan or a Stoops fans. So making fun of them is fine by me.

stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Back to top Go down

Post by stuckinsc Tue Aug 05, 2014 5:25 pm

Iam4UGA wrote:

No offense to the Longhorns at all or to you Stuck, but Richt does this all of the time and he just gets bashed by the fans.   no no   I am glad he is not compromising the values.  These kids just jump up and down on my last nerve.  If they would just abide by the rules - the world is their oyster so to speak!

UGA, I have always supported Richt and was glad to hear that he has the top HS junior QB prospect committed to UGA, so he will stick around longer. I think UGA fans don't show Richt nearly enough respect. I always cheer for UGA at the cocktail party and usually choose the underdog for the border bash!

I am just proud of Strong for standing his ground and getting rid of players no matter their productivity. That has not been the normal in the state of Texas as a whole.
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Back to top Go down

Post by stuckinsc Sun Aug 24, 2014 5:14 pm

College Football starts Thursday night with an SEC double header. I will be cheering for Steve Spurrier and the Gamecocks to beat Texas A&M!

Then Saturday we have Alabama vs. West Virginia, FSU vs. OK State and for me Texas vs. North Texas. I guess I should be glad others in the conference are playing real games.

Hook 'Em Horns!
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Back to top Go down

Post by stuckinsc Wed Sep 24, 2014 1:36 pm

Four weeks into the college football season. Florida State, Alabama, Oregon and Oklahoma are all awesome. Auburn is still undefeated, but it was close. Georgia lost a heart breaker to South Carolina, so that will make a national championship hard for them to get.

I was impressed that FSU sat Jameis Winston down for a whole game for off field conduct issues. Clemson isn't an easy win, so to me it showed that integrity was just as important as winning and his backup rose to the challenge.

It is a tough season for Texas, Charlie Strong is cleaning house and more and more players are getting kicked off the team. We have one terrible loss to BYU, who might not be too bad, and barely to UCLA. I hope they guys can find their pride and rise up. Also our starting QB quit football due to concussion issues. Sad to lose his career, but glad to see that he cares more about his long term health.

Anyone else interested in college football on this board?
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Wed Sep 24, 2014 2:20 pm

Yes indeed - PAC12 and a Quacker Backer all the way. Go OREGON GO DUCKS

____________________________________________________________________________                       
Don't look down on anyone unless you are helping them up.
Walk with the wise and become wise; associate with fools and get in trouble.  Proverbs 13:20
SLA44
SLA44

Female Posts : 2755

Back to top Go down

Post by stuckinsc Wed Sep 24, 2014 2:36 pm

SLA44 wrote:Yes indeed - PAC12 and a Quacker Backer all the way.  Go OREGON   GO DUCKS

So far so good for them. They already had a tough one and survived, so it looks good. Which do you think is their toughest game to come?
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Back to top Go down

Post by FLChica Wed Sep 24, 2014 5:06 pm

stuckinsc wrote:Four weeks into the college football season.  Florida State, Alabama, Oregon and Oklahoma are all awesome.  Auburn is still undefeated, but it was close.  Georgia lost a heart breaker to South Carolina, so that will make a national championship hard for them to get.

I was impressed that FSU sat Jameis Winston down for a whole game for off field conduct issues.  Clemson isn't an easy win, so to me it showed that integrity was just as important as winning and his backup rose to the challenge.

It is a tough season for Texas, Charlie Strong is cleaning house and more and more players are getting kicked off the team.  We have one terrible loss to BYU, who might not be too bad, and barely to UCLA.  I hope they guys can find their pride and rise up.  Also our starting QB quit football due to concussion issues.  Sad to lose his career, but glad to see that he cares more about his long term health.

Anyone else interested in college football on this board?

It's been an interesting four weeks in college football, to say the least!  Have to admit that I was glad the old ball coach managed to squeak out that win against Georgia.  Not that I'm a Gamecock fan, it just made the throttling they received from TAMU in week one that much more impressive. The Aggies face the Razorbacks a.k.a. woo-pig-sooie at Jerry World on Saturday.  You'll be pulling for TAMU on this one, right?

I'm a Florida native, but feel the handling of Famous Jameis's latest bad behavior was poor at best.  FSU initially levied a half game suspension and stepped it up to a full game only after the huge outcry from the public.  Then Jameis trots out there in full uniform pre-game like it's just another day at the ballpark.  Poor Jimbo had to deflect blame from his Heisman guy and blame the equipment staff for that one.  

Agree that it's a tough season for your Longhorns and feel awful for David Ash.  Thoughts & prayers for his good health after the concussions.  How do you feel about Swoopes leading the team?  So much hype for him coming out of high school based on potential, but haven't seen it translate to the college level so far.  Do you think he's the real deal?
FLChica
FLChica

Female Posts : 1336

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 23 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12 ... 23  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

College Football - All Teams - Discussion

+10
markat53
whit90
albean99
SLA44
FLChica