SELECT CONTENT

The Bachelor Australia - Season 2 - Blake Garvey - F1 Sam Frost - F2 Lisa Hyde

Page 9 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

ownit - The Bachelor Australia - Season 2 - Blake Garvey - F1 Sam Frost - F2 Lisa Hyde - Page 9 Empty Re: The Bachelor Australia - Season 2 - Blake Garvey - F1 Sam Frost - F2 Lisa Hyde

Post by AllAboutLove Tue Jan 20, 2015 9:28 pm

Well, it seems that Sam's luck with guys is once again short-lived. In some ways, as stated in my previous post, I said that Sam, while lucky to not be with Blake who didn't really love her, is still worse off than him, post-show. AU public in general are against her, her ring which was said to be $58K was valued at $18-22K ($AUS). She is selling it to pay off debt and give the rest to the two charities she supports (Stroke Foundation in honor of her step-dad and Beyond Blue in honor of her mom).

It seems the guys she finds herself with are not that into her. I was all for this Dane guy but after these shots, no thank you. She can do better than that. Especially since he is a smoker (ugh!). Too bad she won't do 'Ette (and the AU public don't want her to) since she may never find a guy who is authentically into her. But, the 'Ette doesn't help that either as most may just want fame. What a mess this all is. Hope she finds someone down to earth and real who wants to actually be with her.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2916100/Sam-Frost-Swans-player-Dane-Rampe-surrounds-bevy-blondes-jilted-Bachelor-star-claims-s-relationship-sports-star.html
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

ownit - The Bachelor Australia - Season 2 - Blake Garvey - F1 Sam Frost - F2 Lisa Hyde - Page 9 Empty Re: The Bachelor Australia - Season 2 - Blake Garvey - F1 Sam Frost - F2 Lisa Hyde

Post by AllAboutLove Tue Jan 20, 2015 9:36 pm

stuckinsc wrote:

I put the casting of Blake on the producers.  It seems pretty obvious that he is not a catch at all.  No pity for Blake to me, but I still think being honest is hard, I watched Blob pretend to be with Estella at Trista and Ryan's wedding, and many other examples since.  

I didn't watch, so if these women weren't into him did they pretend or was it the amazing everybody leaves season? It is so easy to say after the fact I didn't want him, but they show something else on the tv screen.  

He was an ass, plain and simple, but F1 did stay with him for a while and being the rejected F1 gives you much more public sympathy than the girl he eventually dumped.  Note, Melissa who is still on and off my screen versus, Estella, Jessica, etc., etc. who are long gone from the public.

As for Jason and Molly on the AFTR when they got back together Jason did say that he knew Molly was being considered for the bachelorette and I swear they said they had talked at least that once, but I refuse to re-watch it to see.  I dislike Jason, have since day one of DeAnna's season and skipped his season until the finale.  I don't understand how he got so lucky to get Molly.  But Melissa was a lying POS IMO, so I actually felt bad for the crap that Jason and Molly endured to allow Melissa the fake to garner public sympathy and further her career.

I know nothing about Blake and don't feel sorry for him or F3, they both know what they are getting.  I am happy for his F1 that she seems happy and maybe now has a great guy to be with her instead of the former stripper.  I just think that he actually did her a favor by  helping her garner more public sympathy.  Of course, Australia maybe vastly different from here, so it maybe less an issue.  Most Australians I know are much less uptight about this stuff than the southern US citizens I deal with everyday.
Too much to address and not worth it to talk in-depth about Blake once again, but to clarify, Sam does not have public sympathy in Australia. If anything, the AU public are mostly anti-Sam. Very cynical about the whole thing and believe she got what she deserved (heartbreak, etc, etc). If anything, there is more AU public sympathy towards Blake and Louise (which makes sense since the majority of AU public didn't like Sam - they said she was too young/immature since she spoke her mind/questioned the process/questioned the lead - and preferred Louise and her baking skills while on the show). There was a small time when Blake was lambasted but his stripper past was forgiven very quickly and is never brought up by the media.
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Wed Jan 21, 2015 5:23 am

Sam poses for Maxim Australia.

Oh boy! Just posting this because... well, not that many posters on this thread and this news is not exactly thrilling - quite the opposite, imo. I am not sure what the point is for all this other than trying to look good, etc., and I am no prude but to me, this is not what I would want to her to do as I don't find it too classy at all.

Not sure if this can be posted but there are more risque photos in the article/link here: http://www.thehothits.com/news/49944/photos:-'the-bachelor's-sam-frost-strips-off-for-maxim-magazine
ownit - The Bachelor Australia - Season 2 - Blake Garvey - F1 Sam Frost - F2 Lisa Hyde - Page 9 QAvoANJ

I am out of the loop but is this something that American past contestants as F1 or others have done? I certainly don't think it is Bachelorette potential but that is just me. Maybe it is a generational thing and maybe I am more prudish than I thought, but disappointed to be sure. These photographers always start out with a bikini shot and it goes from there. But so many of the girls these days do this type of shoot, models, actresses, what-not. Still, not my thing.

Maybe this Maxim shoot is why she posted this on her IG?
ownit - The Bachelor Australia - Season 2 - Blake Garvey - F1 Sam Frost - F2 Lisa Hyde - Page 9 24E44E5300000578-2919471-image-m-16_1421819675959
fro01 6 hours ago
Our weekly quote for the house  "Sometimes we make stupid decisions.. I think it's called being human" • Lets be real.. if we didn't f* up from time to time, life would be pretty boring #ownit
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by AEF Wed Jan 21, 2015 7:48 am

This is not good. I agree Sam is not better off. I think she has lost her way. To clarify Blake is not popular. I think people are waiting for Louise to wake up. This will do little for Sam.

AEF

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Wed Jan 21, 2015 8:23 am

AEF wrote:This is not good. I agree Sam is not better off. I think she has lost her way. To clarify Blake is not popular. I think people are waiting for Louise to wake up. This will do little for Sam.
IA. It is definitely not good, she is not better off, and she certainly seems to have lost her way, imo. I know everyone says "move on, move on" but this girl showed us during her season just how vulnerable/easy to hurt she is. I said it back then and still believe that she was much, much more hurt than people realise.

I think her doing the Maxim spread may have been encouraged the day of (it is the usual photographer spiel of you look so good, now get rid of your top, now show him what he gave up on, etc, etc.) which she would easily fall prey to without realising what that really all means. It takes me back to her comment after being dumped and talked about gaining so much weight that that may be the reason Blake didn't want her by the end of the show and then her trying to lose the weight and saying her best revenge is to just look 'hot'. I think she is dealing with major issues from such a public breakup and even her talking about her mom's depression, body issues/anorexia, etc, can touch into that to some degree.

It is just a mess. And Sam has proven she is choosing terrible men who seem to not want her for her (this Dane guy included) and making poor choices as well. The only light at the end of her tunnel is her charity focus but even that I must say is still something painful. I think she should talk to someone who can help her get through and navigate her fame and her heartbreak. The breakup was not mutual. It is easy to sit back and say she should have totally moved on by now but she definitely has had dysfunction in her life from a young age and she is further from her family living in Sydney which has always been her grounding foundation.

I know Blake is not popular (family of mine in AU, some even in Perth) remind me of this but he is more tolerated than Sam and definitely his past-stripper-adult-business is not brought up by the media at all (I haven't seen an article with him in it where it is ever mentioned). He still got the better end of the deal, imo.
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by stuckinsc Wed Jan 21, 2015 10:20 am

That shoot is not much different than the F6 bikini shoot that Brad 2.0 did with M Money, Ashley and Chantal (Ashley got the rose that date, should have been a big clue that RS was wrong).  I think MM took her top off for a shot like that during it, but can't be sure.

Maxim has been done by many hollywood young actresses.  I know Jessica Biel did one.  Now AU maybe more nudity than Maxim US, but I think Jessica had her top off as well, but covered up.  

I didn't watch this show, but how young is Sam?  Sounds like there is some family tragedy as well.  Perhaps she needs a little counseling to learn to appreciate and vale herself.  I have had years of counseling, so in no way mean this as an insult.

I am also shocked that AU public support isn't more in favor of the dumped F1. I know in the US it was completely that way. Strange.
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Female Posts : 10802

Back to top Go down

Post by Norcalgal Wed Jan 21, 2015 2:12 pm

Didn't click on the photos. If Sam is having second thoughts, I'll support her. Who among us hasn't done something we regret? It's part of learning who you are and growing up!

Been watching this crap show like forever
Norcalgal
Norcalgal

Female Posts : 5321

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Wed Jan 21, 2015 2:35 pm

stuckinsc wrote:That shoot is not much different than the F6 bikini shoot that Brad 2.0 did with M Money, Ashley and Chantal (Ashley got the rose that date, should have been a big clue that RS was wrong).  I think MM took her top off for a shot like that during it, but can't be sure.

Maxim has been done by many hollywood young actresses.  I know Jessica Biel did one.  Now AU maybe more nudity than Maxim US, but I think Jessica had her top off as well, but covered up.  

I didn't watch this show, but how young is Sam?  Sounds like there is some family tragedy as well.  Perhaps she needs a little counseling to learn to appreciate and vale herself.  I have had years of counseling, so in no way mean this as an insult.

I am also shocked that AU public support isn't more in favor of the dumped F1.  I know in the US it was completely that way.  Strange.
Yup, the AU public is very different and much more cynical. BachelorAU is definitely *hate-watch* television and no one really believes in the love story. Plus, this was only their second season and it really was a PR disaster of epic proportions.

I mentioned it before and agree with you as well, I think she would benefit from counseling and taking some time out from SM. Spend time with her family. She is 25, had lots of tragedy, grew up in dysfunction, very poor, was bullied/mocked as a child, felt unworthy and had low self-worth growing up in the looks department, has been cheated on/betrayed by every guy she has had a relationship with, lots of heartbreak in personal relationships, had to help raise her younger siblings due to her mother's depression/anorexia/suicide battles, etc.

If you had watched her you would have seen someone who, while seemingly being *strong* and joking about things, was also very self-aware and extremely emotionally vulnerable. She vocalized her fear of being chosen as F1 and then dumped and pleaded with the lead not to do that, to rather take someone more worthy than her. Unfortunately, her worst fears became reality and I don't think she has really come to grips with it all... show or no show, it was very real for her... the girl was literally barely able to walk she was so emotionally frail by the end of the show. I honestly think that filming for 4 months was a HUGE part of this problem. The isolation, having to be so vulnerable and exposed, still filming while the show was being aired and then 5 weeks post FRC dumped right before the finale for the F3... I think the length of time of filming played havoc on her (and even the lead). Way too long a time and such a short turn-around of only 5 weeks FRC to Finale airing on TV and all that entailed.
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by stuckinsc Wed Jan 21, 2015 4:04 pm

AllAboutLove wrote:
stuckinsc wrote:That shoot is not much different than the F6 bikini shoot that Brad 2.0 did with M Money, Ashley and Chantal (Ashley got the rose that date, should have been a big clue that RS was wrong).  I think MM took her top off for a shot like that during it, but can't be sure.

I am also shocked that AU public support isn't more in favor of the dumped F1.  I know in the US it was completely that way.  Strange.
Yup, the AU public is very different and much more cynical. BachelorAU is definitely *hate-watch* television and no one really believes in the love story. Plus, this was only their second season and it really was a PR disaster of epic proportions.

I mentioned it before and agree with you as well, I think she would benefit from counseling and taking some time out from SM. Spend time with her family. She is 25, had lots of tragedy, grew up in dysfunction, very poor, was bullied/mocked as a child, felt unworthy and had low self-worth growing up in the looks department, has been cheated on/betrayed by every guy she has had a relationship with, lots of heartbreak in personal relationships, had to help raise her younger siblings due to her mother's depression/anorexia/suicide battles, etc.

If you had watched her you would have seen someone who, while seemingly being *strong* and joking about things, was also very self-aware and extremely emotionally vulnerable. She vocalized her fear of being chosen as F1 and then dumped and pleaded with the lead not to do that, to rather take someone more worthy than her. Unfortunately, her worst fears became reality and I don't think she has really come to grips with it all... show or no show, it was very real for her... the girl was literally barely able to walk she was so emotionally frail by the end of the show. I honestly think that filming for 4 months was a HUGE part of this problem. The isolation, having to be so vulnerable and exposed, still filming while the show was being aired and then 5 weeks post FRC dumped right before the finale for the F3... I think the length of time of filming played havoc on her (and even the lead). Way too long a time and such a short turn-around of only 5 weeks FRC to Finale airing on TV and all that entailed.

Wow, poor girl. It sounds like reality tv was a very bad idea for her. I wish her the best. Honestly maybe she should leave AU for a while if they are being so tough on her. Sounds like she should have left the show before the end as well. Good luck to her. Time away from men to realize her own worth would probably serve her well.
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Female Posts : 10802

Back to top Go down

Post by KB_Mom Wed Jan 21, 2015 5:41 pm

I didn't watch or follow Bach Australia but did read in the gossip rags about the Bach pulling the switcheroo.

Reading about her here- such a young woman who has already had two lifetimes worth of heartache sad

ETA:I do hope she finds her way to happiness.
KB_Mom
KB_Mom

Female Posts : 2514

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Thu Jan 22, 2015 7:01 am

stuckinsc wrote:

Wow, poor girl.  It sounds like reality tv was a very bad idea for her.  I wish her the best.  Honestly maybe she should leave AU for a while if they are being so tough on her.  Sounds like she should have left the show before the end as well.  Good luck to her.  Time away from men to realize her own worth would probably serve her well.
She actually did try to leave but the lead begged her to stay. In fact, he (in front of all the girls) pleaded with her to stay and talk to him and when she finally agreed to talk to him he had tears in his eyes and told her he basically couldn't be there if she wasn't there.

Honestly? The way the lead treated her was magical to watch. It was like nothing I and many others had seen before on these shows (until Bach Canada with Tim ... but that was after this show aired). Those who watched the season and fell in love with their story were literally in tears. He cherished that girl. His words, his BL, everything. Even the other women at the women-tell-all were blown away by how different he was with Sam and had tears in their eyes. He was a totally different person with Sam. He even stated that she was "one of the world's best kept secrets." It wasn't just editing. He literally fought for her to stay and she pleaded with him all along the way to make 100% that he really wanted her in the end so as not to break her friends (the other girls on the show) hearts. She would cry when the other girls left because she felt horrible for what they were going though.

The lead was so obviously not interested in the other girls. He would literally and figuratively lean back/away from them and was so awkward (including with his F3 whom he is with now and whom he didn't even seem upset AT ALL when he let her go... in fact he smiled and wished her the best). With Sam, he would constantly reassure her that he was in love with her and she was the only one prior to FD that he told this to (the other girl, F2 that he said this to it was very obvious it was forced/scripted). Also, there were NO fantasy suite/overnight dates. Fantasy Dates, yes but no overnights (this is the norm for Bach Aussie, the first season didn't have them either). When he proposed and said she was the only one he was in love with the whole show it was totally believable. He had proven with his words and actions that this was the case and had told her he was in love with her earlier on in the show.

So, the shock of the breakup was craziness for those watching/sleuthing. At least with Jason you could see he was upset letting Molly go. He actually cried. This guy smiled when he let his F3 go. Ultimately, the guy gave an Emmy award performance with Sam.

Anyway, there is no making sense of him at all and she is definitely better off not being with him but I cannot say she is better off because of the experience.
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by AEF Sat Jan 31, 2015 2:02 am

http://www.news.com.au/entertainment/tv/sam-frosts-engagement-ring-sold-at-auction-for-31720/story-fn8yvfst-1227200776010

Sam saying she is not doing Bachelorette

AEF

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

The Bachelor Australia - Season 2 - Blake Garvey - F1 Sam Frost - F2 Lisa Hyde

+8
Enough
HodanG
Norcalgal
emusha
AEF