SELECT CONTENT

Married At First Sight - Season 1 - The 1st Year

Page 15 of 17 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16, 17  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Married At First Sight - Season 1 - The 1st Year - Page 15 Empty Re: Married At First Sight - Season 1 - The 1st Year

Post by nuts2uiam Fri Feb 06, 2015 5:45 pm

happygolucky wrote:I'm anxious to watch this show with you, since you mentioned it, now reading it seems really interesting to watch "the experiment", but can't find time. Maybe I should just skip TB and pick this, so much more real and raw and actually educational. How many episodes were in the first season? (should I watch that first to understand the background)

I will watch but I have that sinking feeling that it will not be as good. I think the show will be more scripted that the original OR perhaps more scripted than the original appeared to be. I figure it was the same way when Trista and Ryan were on, was it scripted? Sure. As much as today, JMO, but I doubt it. If that happened it will be too bad as I thought it was pretty raw and unvarnished. However that said, once you knew that Jamie and Doug had made it together, we found out it was really never in doubt once the honeymoon was underway. The road might have been bumpy but I think that there were fewer crisis's than we originally thought.
nuts2uiam
nuts2uiam

Female Posts : 719

Back to top Go down

Married At First Sight - Season 1 - The 1st Year - Page 15 Empty Re: Married At First Sight - Season 1 - The 1st Year

Post by GuardianAngel Fri Feb 06, 2015 5:52 pm

happygolucky wrote:I'm anxious to watch this show with you, since you mentioned it, now reading it seems really interesting to watch "the experiment", but can't find time. Maybe I should just skip TB and pick this, so much more real and raw and actually educational. How many episodes were in the first season? (should I watch that first to understand the background)

I would say you should watch the series first. I believe there were 9-10 epi's? It will give you a better understanding as to how they got to where they are now.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71428

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Litta123 Fri Feb 06, 2015 6:15 pm

happy, I agree with GA that you need to watch the original series. Frankly, that's where more of the relational "instruction" takes place if you're looking to learn something. Truthfully, I'm not enjoying the first year show as much as the original...not sure why. Maybe because it feels more scripted.

Married At First Sight - Season 1 - The 1st Year - Page 15 8d63b049-e7f5-45bc-9c52-8e1babe4aa1b
Litta123
Litta123

Back to top Go down

Post by albean99 Fri Feb 06, 2015 6:27 pm

nuts2uiam wrote:

I will watch but I have that sinking feeling that it will not be as good.  I think the show will be more scripted that the original OR perhaps more scripted than the original appeared to be.  I figure it was the same way when Trista and Ryan were on, was it scripted? Sure.  As much as today, JMO, but I doubt it.  If that happened it will be too bad as I thought it was pretty raw and unvarnished.  However that said, once you knew that Jamie and Doug had made it together, we found out it was really never in doubt once the honeymoon was underway.  The road might have been bumpy but I think that there were fewer crisis's than we originally thought.

It's not as highly edited as TB but there has to be drama or we'd probably complain it's boring. I don't think they're going to change their format since it worked so well the first time. IMO TB uses editing and manipulation (as opposed to 'scripted') to get what they want but hopefully this show will avoid going to that extent.  :Nod:

"Love is the Only Reality" -Ed Lambton
albean99
albean99

Female Posts : 15295

Back to top Go down

Post by california90 Sat Feb 07, 2015 2:26 am

i havent watched yet but i've watched the original series. is this first year good? where can i watch/catch up?

california90

Back to top Go down

Post by albean99 Sat Feb 07, 2015 9:50 am

california90 wrote:i havent watched yet but i've watched the original series. is this first year good? where can i watch/catch up?
They have them here, california90.  http://www.fyi.tv/shows/married-at-first-sight-the-first-year

It's not as good as the first series imo but still nice to see them in their lives. There seems to be more emphasis on the problems for the drama but there are issues so they have to show them.

"Love is the Only Reality" -Ed Lambton
albean99
albean99

Female Posts : 15295

Back to top Go down

Post by 2observe Fri Feb 13, 2015 12:40 am

I'm wondering why the producers haven't showed us Courtney and Jason spending time with Courtney's family.
2observe
2observe

Female Posts : 3306

Back to top Go down

Post by nuts2uiam Fri Feb 13, 2015 10:07 pm

2observe wrote:I'm wondering why the producers haven't showed us Courtney and Jason spending time with Courtney's family.

My guess is that she went to her family for Thanksgiving and we are not up to Christmas yet in the new show. I am guessing that is when we might get that peek.
nuts2uiam
nuts2uiam

Back to top Go down

Post by jlccaz Fri Feb 13, 2015 10:13 pm

North Carolina is also pretty far from NYC, unlike Binghamton, where a producer and small crew could drive. This show is pretty low budget. If Courtney's family came to NYC, I bet they'd be filmed ... if they signed releases. Jamie's family seems pretty happy to be on TV, not in bad way, just saying it isn't everyone's cup of tea.
jlccaz
jlccaz

Back to top Go down

Post by Brill Wed Feb 18, 2015 3:40 pm

I am very disappointed in how they are doing this. scratch They did such a great respectable job with the initial series and keeping my :fingersarecrossed that they aren't screwing with season 2.

IMO we knew this is Reality TV but I did not want to see them add the crazy drama to it!!! :headbanging I'm seeing lots of complaints about this 1st year stuff and hope they don't lose lots of fans when season 2 starts. no no

Married At First Sight - Season 1 - The 1st Year - Page 15 G61033

"All Opinions By Me are IMO, Unless Otherwise Noted" Hugesmile
Brill
Brill

Female Posts : 3171

Back to top Go down

Post by nuts2uiam Wed Feb 18, 2015 4:17 pm

Brill wrote:I am very disappointed in how they are doing this. scratch  They did such a great respectable job with the initial series and keeping my :fingersarecrossed  that they aren't screwing with season 2.

IMO we knew this is Reality TV but I did not want to see them add the crazy drama to it!!! :headbanging  I'm seeing lots of complaints about this 1st year stuff and hope they don't lose lots of fans when season 2 starts. no no

Two weeks ago the show closed with Courtney open the door to the empty apartment. This week same thing except we hear Jason say, "oh, yeah about that" or something similar. Sorry to say this but I really don't care about Monet any more, she is not a couple and as best as I can recall "married at 1st sight means married, not tried it and it didn't work out." It would be nice at the end to get a recap of where she is now, but how she navigates her path to her new hubby is of no relevance to the show. I think it is a way of giving credence to the validity of the premise of MAFS, by showing how she has grown in relationships. Nothing against Monet but I would much rather see the two actual couples who made it.

I have two scenarios for the Courtney/Jason ending. Jason will say he found them a new apartment to make a fresh start or he will say she felt Courtney was leaving him and he didn't need to keep a big place for himself and he decided to move in with NEPH. I kept thinking they were going t address it and then about 9:45 I said, they are going to paly this out again, and sure enough. STUPID really as we have already seen the Valentines Day special.
This is getting annoying and they should have quit while they were ahead with a hit. I sat predicting Jamie's mom would not show and sure enough, she didn't and watching them play toss the dice was uncomfortable. I would rather have been shown the words on the dice and seen a closing bedroom door than witness what we were shown. That said, I always prefer to imagine what the outcome is than to have it shown. I will give the Fantasy suite that!!!!
nuts2uiam
nuts2uiam

Back to top Go down

Post by Amberish Thu Feb 26, 2015 3:24 am

I know some have panned the 1st year, but I'm enjoying this series more and more each episode.

For those interested, we knew Courtney was only away for two days, so what actually happened is all that could have happened and that is the landlord offered Jason the larger studio apartment next door, that also had a yard, and Jason took him up on the offer, which of course means he had to move immediately.

After watching this episode and previews of the next, we're seeing Courtney and Jason struggling as a couple, whereas Jamie and Doug are growing closer. Monet has met someone that she's really interested in and is in a good place.
Amberish
Amberish

Female Posts : 1472

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 17 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16, 17  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Married At First Sight - Season 1 - The 1st Year

+24
california90
happygolucky
mtnlvr55
just2relax
2observe