SELECT CONTENT

Married At First Sight - Season 1 - The 1st Year

Page 16 of 17 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Married At First Sight - Season 1 - The 1st Year - Page 16 Empty Re: Married At First Sight - Season 1 - The 1st Year

Post by dw_a_mom Thu Feb 26, 2015 8:00 pm

I need to find time to catch up and watch this ...

Just give me something that looks like a real love story to help me escape into my own version of fantasy for a while. And maybe against the odds one of those stories will actually survive real life. Nothing wrong with a little hope, right?
dw_a_mom
dw_a_mom

Female Posts : 3390

Back to top Go down

Married At First Sight - Season 1 - The 1st Year - Page 16 Empty Re: Married At First Sight - Season 1 - The 1st Year

Post by albean99 Thu Feb 26, 2015 10:32 pm

I'm finally caught up. It does appear that Jamie & Doug are doing well while Cortney & Jason are struggling. I'm enjoying the show although not as much as the 1st season.

"Love is the Only Reality" -Ed Lambton
albean99
albean99

Female Posts : 15259

Back to top Go down

Post by nuts2uiam Fri Feb 27, 2015 11:48 am

albean99 wrote:I'm finally caught up. It does appear that Jamie & Doug are doing well while Cortney & Jason are struggling. I'm enjoying the show although not as much as the 1st season.

I watch but as I posted earlier I think it is time to stick a fork in it. During the season I was vested in both couples, now I just want Jamie and Doug to go away. He supposedly had financial problems and buys her a car for Christmas, errrrrr, no, Car Max was plastered on the license plate, he said the name to his dad, they showed the name as the dealer and they had a commercial. So Doug, has now managed to become part of the product placement brigade.

I am much more interested in Jason and Courtney, who I see as very real. I also noted that Courtney and Monet seem to be a lot closer than Jamie and Courtney. I was fascinated by the initial show and the concept, but I do think it was more scripted than we were initially led to believe. I will watch the new show but be looking at it through a different lens.

I am guessing that the lack of posting means we are not alone with our thinking.
nuts2uiam
nuts2uiam

Female Posts : 719

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Fri Feb 27, 2015 1:12 pm

I really enjoyed the first season. By the end of the season, I got tired of trying to find links and making the time to watch it at a later date.

I watched the first two epi's of 1st year, and found it to be repetitive and scripted. Monet tweets up a storm and is always on my twitter feed. I wasn't interested in seeing her in the 1st year special. I just lost interest.

I am looking forward to the second season. We will have something to compare it with. If they keep the same format and same editing as season 1, they'll be successful. If they start monkeying around like they did in 1st year, they'll ruin a good thing IMO

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71354

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by jlccaz Fri Feb 27, 2015 1:16 pm

I do still watch these quickly on my iPad when I'm traveling or something to "keep up."

I am increasingly aware of the camera in the room and production forcing nearly to the point of scripting a conflict per couple per week -- a plot point and focus for that week's story. It's very forced and clunky...and not particularly entertaining.

I am so aware that these two couples are doing this for money. The Carmax thing was over the top. Doug was crying because no doubt he could not have paid for that car, and he sold his soul to the show to get her a car.

It's not appealing, and part of me wonders whether either couple has a long term chance in the real world without the show and the cameras.

They seem very carefully to keep their actual lives off camera, and just talk about these pseudo-manufactured pre-agreed (if not faked) topics: "you don't let me in" "I want/don't want a baby" "your mother died" "fire academy is hard" "Courtney has no job"
jlccaz
jlccaz

Back to top Go down

Post by atem Wed Mar 04, 2015 2:58 pm

dw_a_mom wrote:I need to find time to catch up and watch this ...

Me too!

Seems a lot has happened. Any clues if Courtney and Jason are still together?

Anything I post means it's Just My Opinion.  Don't feel like posting it every time I post. So, I thought I'd get that out of the way.

#Teamatem
atem
atem

Back to top Go down

Post by Linds911 Wed Mar 04, 2015 4:28 pm

^ So do I! I've only seen the first 2 episodes so far!

Cortney Hendrix
@KortKneee_Rae
Why does everyone jump to the worst conclusion ever? Remember we stopped in the middle of a convo- #dontbeadebbiedowner #MAFSFirstYear

I know we can reach the stars, You've already hung the moon  PINKHEART

Married At First Sight - Season 1 - The 1st Year - Page 16 8367-910 Married At First Sight - Season 1 - The 1st Year - Page 16 I_got_13 Married At First Sight - Season 1 - The 1st Year - Page 16 E5kqdm15 Married At First Sight - Season 1 - The 1st Year - Page 16 Father11
Linds911
Linds911

Female Posts : 11960

Back to top Go down

Post by Brill Fri Mar 06, 2015 1:51 pm

From Cortney:

·  2h 2 hours ago  

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=350636478472678 … see guys

I've said this before that they are doing fine :yes: and it is TPTB that try to make drama!! I wish they didn't do it but it is what it is!!
I can't wait to see the next episode it will be a blast I'm sure!! thumbsup Even good ole Elvis impersonator gets on the show! clapping!

Married At First Sight - Season 1 - The 1st Year - Page 16 G61033

"All Opinions By Me are IMO, Unless Otherwise Noted" Hugesmile
Brill
Brill

Female Posts : 3171

Back to top Go down

Post by dw_a_mom Fri Mar 06, 2015 10:00 pm

Interesting, I can see why trying to do a first year show isn't going to work as well as the "getting to know each other" part. But I do still hope to catch up and watch it; I liked these couples together.

It probably makes more sense to have a once a year re-union special than a short series trying to depict their lives.

Just give me something that looks like a real love story to help me escape into my own version of fantasy for a while. And maybe against the odds one of those stories will actually survive real life. Nothing wrong with a little hope, right?
dw_a_mom
dw_a_mom

Female Posts : 3390

Back to top Go down

Post by atem Sat Mar 07, 2015 11:51 am

dw_a_mom wrote:Interesting, I can see why trying to do a first year show isn't going to work as well as the "getting to know each other" part. But I do still hope to catch up and watch it; I liked these couples together.

It probably makes more sense to have a once a year re-union special than a short series trying to depict their lives.

I agree! I really like both couples!

Season 2 looks really interesting!

Anything I post means it's Just My Opinion.  Don't feel like posting it every time I post. So, I thought I'd get that out of the way.

#Teamatem
atem
atem

Back to top Go down

Post by Beeleever Sat Mar 07, 2015 1:32 pm

I am not liking the "First Year" series so far. It seems less real and way more manufactured than the original version of the show. The reason I loved MAFS was because of it's realness. This has been a disappointment.
Beeleever
Beeleever

Female Posts : 3644

Back to top Go down

Post by atem Sat Mar 07, 2015 11:11 pm

Beeleever wrote:I am not liking the "First Year" series so far. It seems less real and way more manufactured than the original version of the show. The reason I loved MAFS was because of it's realness. This has been a disappointment.

Have you checked out the commercials for Season 2? It looks really good!

#Teamatem
atem
atem

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 17 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Married At First Sight - Season 1 - The 1st Year

+24
california90
happygolucky
mtnlvr55
just2relax
2observe