SELECT CONTENT

Andi Dorfman - The Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #2

Page 12 of 80 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 46 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Andi Dorfman - The Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #2 - Page 12 Empty Re: Andi Dorfman - The Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #2

Post by Guest Tue Jan 06, 2015 4:12 pm

Cuppa_Realitea wrote:
aviej wrote:As Andi has stated before, she doesn't feel that at this point she can devote the attention to law as she should since so many other things are going on in her life at this point. So, as was said previously, as soon as the "dust settles" and their schedules have some measure of normalcy or consistency, then she'd return to law. I give her props for not being too consumed in work so that she can give her relationship sufficient time to nurture. They are already fighting an uphill battle of getting engaged after two months, so what's wrong concentrating energies on that for right now? There is no expiry date to her law degree, she can certainly go back to that if she wants. If she doesn't that's okay too. Many times people start careers in a field and they realise at some point that it's not really what's at the core of their heart. What if her heart has always been in the fashion industry? We don't know. Let's just give her a chance to be!!!

I am not a fan of Andi's, so I am taking a risk here. I would love to be as fortunate as Andi as to have been able to pursue a career in law and I do think in some respects she is foolish to toss it aside as she is currently doing. There are many young women out there who would wish they were so fortunate as to have her education. That said, it just may not be fulfilling to her in ways that matter and she feels she needs something more creative. And she has the freedom to do that and it is acceptable within her family to do so. Her sister Rachel also has a law degree but went on to become a Marine Biologist I think it is. I think Andi and her sister were probably brought up to believe they could do anything they set their mind to and then received the financial backing to do it, and do it on numerous occasions apparently. Sometimes figuring out what to do for a profession is a process, one you can indulge when you have a safety net, which the majority of people don't have. She has been blessed in many ways and I wonder if she hasn't become spoiled in the process. But then I do not know any of these people at all really.

Well said! I do think fashion is something that makes her happy. She also has posted how much she loves other DIY projects around the house. There is nothing wrong with that, I admire a creative person because I am not. The law degree will be there when and if she is ready to use it again. Life is short, do what makes you happy if you have the means.

Back to top Go down

Andi Dorfman - The Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #2 - Page 12 Empty Re: Andi Dorfman - The Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #2

Post by Guest Thu Jan 15, 2015 1:51 pm

http://instagram.com/p/x4Z6n6B57o/

Back to top Go down

Post by whit90 Sun Jan 25, 2015 10:20 pm

I see MeAndi trying to stay in the spot light with all the IGS she is posting. I feel that she's is trying to hard to make people feel for her like she was the victim in this so called relationship. I still see a woman that has no job, home , and lost. She to me has not changed who she is she is still the woman that degraded so many people and said or had Kelly say some of the meanest things I have ever read. I guess daddy Hy will take care of her till she finds whatever she is looking for. Because IMO after this weekend and the way she has behaved in the last year and a half no one will take her as a professional business person.
whit90
whit90

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Sun Jan 25, 2015 10:31 pm

whit90 wrote:I see MeAndi trying to stay in the spot light with all the IGS she is posting. I feel that she's is trying to hard to make people feel for her like she was the victim in this so called relationship. I still see a woman that has no job, home , and lost. She to me has not changed who she is she is still the woman that degraded so many people and said or had Kelly say some of the meanest things I have ever read. I guess daddy Hy will take care of her till she finds whatever she is looking for. Because IMO after this weekend and the way she has behaved in the last year and a half no one will take her as a professional business person.
It will be hard to change that image and take her seriously with the more time that goes by.  hmmm

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Sun Jan 25, 2015 10:41 pm

One of the first things potential employers do is look through SM to see how the potential employee conducts themselves.

The longer she does nothing, is not a good indication of her level of motivation or handling stress.

She needs to get out there and figure out what she wants and go after it.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71487

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by stuckinsc Sun Jan 25, 2015 11:00 pm

I had respected her behavior up to this point. But this post to me is just a feel sorry for me. Reflect all you want, but do it in private.

DUI Dorfman is going to be her only option as a lawyer in the future.
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Female Posts : 10802

Back to top Go down

Post by whit90 Sun Jan 25, 2015 11:56 pm

I just wonder how many IG's Andi is going to post of her trying to look sad. It is not working by the comments being said.
whit90
whit90

Back to top Go down

Post by umngirl Sun Jan 25, 2015 11:58 pm

So what's with the shilling of a random phone app? I get when people promo like clothes, shoes, accessories, and services that they get for free but a weird phone app that's totally pointless? That I don't get.

Andi Dorfman - The Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #2 - Page 12 87b72b10 Andi Dorfman - The Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #2 - Page 12 86669110 Andi Dorfman - The Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #2 - Page 12 Fd795c10
umngirl
umngirl

Female Posts : 20215

Back to top Go down

Post by stuckinsc Mon Jan 26, 2015 12:59 am

umngirl wrote:So what's with the shilling of a random phone app? I get when people promo like clothes, shoes, accessories, and services that they get for free but a weird phone app that's totally pointless? That I don't get.

I didn't even notice that. I just thought the oh poor me pics are fairly pathetic. Plus her expression doesn't look sad to me it looks like Andi trying to act sad. Glad to know I don't have to keep respecting Andi.
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Female Posts : 10802

Back to top Go down

Post by luvlady345 Mon Jan 26, 2015 9:20 am

Maybe it's a friend's app she is trying to promote. People do that, it's not uncommon, when she did the pic, I didn't think she was trying to look sad just promoting the app.

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.”

― Bernard M. Baruch
luvlady345
luvlady345

Female Posts : 1822

Back to top Go down

Post by luvlady345 Mon Jan 26, 2015 9:28 am

Just like all of the SM things I am using now came by word of mouth that people like using an passing it on, and  they are  not getting paid. That is all I took from Andi's  IG pic. That's how they all keep in touch.

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.”

― Bernard M. Baruch
luvlady345
luvlady345

Female Posts : 1822

Back to top Go down

Post by jlccaz Mon Jan 26, 2015 11:37 am

GuardianAngel wrote:One of the first things potential employers do is look through SM to see how the potential employee conducts themselves.

The longer she does nothing, is not a good indication of her level of motivation or handling stress.

She needs to get out there and figure out what she wants and go after it.

In the US it is not advisable and no longer common practice for savvy employes to comb social media. Lots of EEOC risks and formal agency guidance warning of this. Large employers don't do that except maybe to suss out criminal background or other disqualifying information and then these checks are best carried out by hired third party experts who only report information that triggers bona ride qualification criteria.

It is a lawsuit waiting to happen to screen candidates informally on their social media because the employer then inadvertently learns private information (medical affiliations, sexual protestation etc) that it is legally not permitted to influence hire or fire decisions and it increases risk of nuisance suits.

By the time an employee signs a release if such an investigation is legitimately required for a desired position they can remove or make private compromising statements or images. And none of Andi's quotes or photos are remotely offensive. They are consistent with her role on the show which is already the elephant in the room in a serious job opportunity as a lawyer.

In many states it is now illegal by statute to ask a job candidate or employee for their SM password and violating password protections on FB or others is a felony computer crime so never done by employers.

All of that is An aside, LOL. Just a public service announcement! Not much relevance to show veterans as they rarely apply for real jobs after their fifteen minutes end! I doubt Andi is going back to law anyway. I think she really damaged that path.
jlccaz
jlccaz

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 80 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 46 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Andi Dorfman - The Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #2

+77
Laura Walsh
ElonM
SafronSahara
Luvstruck
dw_a_mom