SELECT CONTENT

Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - Discussion - #2

Page 4 of 80 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 42 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - Discussion - #2  - Page 4 Empty Re: Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - Discussion - #2

Post by sissyintexas Fri Jan 23, 2015 8:43 pm

albean99 wrote:I don't see being TB would help with a political career either, Sprite. 

I live in Texas and both Ted Cruz & Rick Perry embarass me. I will admit to this knocking Chris down a peg or two in my eyes.

Agree with this 100%!

Looks like we are neighbors.

sissyintexas

Back to top Go down

Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - Discussion - #2  - Page 4 Empty Re: Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - Discussion - #2

Post by beader Fri Jan 23, 2015 9:41 pm

KB_Mom wrote:
mindless wrote:LOL, that hair. He really needs to do something else with it.

Maybe he should pick a hairstylist as his F1 Hugesmile

Maybe that should be added to a list why Becca is NOT F1. Isn't she a hair stylist?

beader

Back to top Go down

Post by MiniDiva Fri Jan 23, 2015 9:47 pm

beader wrote:
KB_Mom wrote:
mindless wrote:LOL, that hair. He really needs to do something else with it.

Maybe that should be added to a list why Becca is NOT F1.  Isn't she a hair stylist?

Becca is a Chiropractic Assistant, Ashley S. is a hairstylist.   giggling
MiniDiva
MiniDiva

Female Posts : 4101

Back to top Go down

Post by barbell Fri Jan 23, 2015 10:40 pm

MiniDiva wrote:
beader wrote:
KB_Mom wrote:

Maybe that should be added to a list why Becca is NOT F1.  Isn't she a hair stylist?

Becca is a Chiropractic Assistant, Ashley S. is a hairstylist.   giggling

As wacky as Ashley S is, maybe she is the one responsible for Chris' awful hair (or at least it looks like she stands it on in with her craziness in Episode 4)
barbell
barbell

Back to top Go down

Post by beader Fri Jan 23, 2015 10:41 pm

Oh, thanks, MiniDiva. So I guess Becca isn't responsible for Chris's hair! And neither is Whitney.

beader

Back to top Go down

Post by Bhaka Sat Jan 24, 2015 12:09 am

albean99 wrote:I don't see being TB would help with a political career either, Sprite. 

I live in Texas and both Ted Cruz & Rick Perry embarass me. I will admit to this knocking Chris down a peg or two in my eyes.

Another Texan here. Just saw your post and loved it. Obviously, I completely agree with you. I can't imagine anyone using TB as a stepping stone into politics, but sometimes simple name recognition is the name of the game.
Bhaka
Bhaka

Back to top Go down

Post by MiniDiva Sat Jan 24, 2015 1:50 am

Donald Trump still gets the prize for "bad hair day" . cantstopl

souleschris
6 hours ago
Met Donald Trump in Des Moines today!#TheBachelor @BachelorABC
Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - Discussion - #2  - Page 4 10948952_1542008329386859_1978299525_n
MiniDiva
MiniDiva

Female Posts : 4101

Back to top Go down

Post by livlafluv1 Sat Jan 24, 2015 2:32 am

Jimmy Kimmel has Chris Soules listed on fri night's schedule for his show--I realize he was in Iowa today at a farm expo. Did anyone see it? Wondering if it was a repeat of an earlier interview scratch

Eta- and by today I mean Friday, the expo was friday
livlafluv1
livlafluv1

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Sat Jan 24, 2015 8:13 am

Seriously it's beginning to look like the harvester has been styling his hair.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by JBF Sun Jan 25, 2015 11:20 am

This really belongs on some sort of Edit/Storyline type thread, but I will dump this here in "general discussion" for now.

I re-watched the first three episodes and jotted down some "stuff" of interest.

Now... first

I do NOT want get anybody here upset with me if my "take" on this season is not matching The Spoilers and all of the hard work everybody has done sleuthing this season. Yes... I will confess that... *gulp!*...  I am beginning to question whether or not there is some sort of "gotcha" involving the spoiled F3 "dumpee". Not jumping to conclusions yet and I will be perfectly happy with any outcome this season, whether it was successfully spoiled months ahead of time or an "I didn't see that coming" surprise.

After all,  we are only at EPISODE THREE!

Going back to Episode 1:

I found it interesting that Whitney is the only one of the "frontrunners" (besides Britt and Kelsey) who gets a "bio" introduction. Miss "Are we ready to make a baby?" has an intro that is too good to abbreviate here, she watches a wedding couple stopping traffic (a sign! a sign!) and insists her doggie likes the taste of corn. She also complains about Chicago's bachelors (i.e. Chris Bukowski, James Case, Ed Swiderski, etc.): "sometimes these boys... just do not want to settle down!" (They do get frisky at times... for a blonde bombshell like her, it must be like juggling wolves.) She then tops it off by calling Chris "America's Prince" and... after asking her pooch if Chris is his (biological?) daddy... "I can help by *making* some pigs and cows and all that jazz. I know how to do it, so I'll get out there and get my hands dirty. No problem!"

I guess I should bring up Britt's intro too, since she hasn't dated in three years and is really missing the hugs. She considers herself "touchy-feelie" despite maintaining abstinence in her last relationship. She tells us that the physical should not dominate a relationship (kinda... I am not quoting her exactly) and tells Chris in their sit-down that a wife/girlfriend should be a "safe haven". Nonetheless, she does go to town with him, kissing-wise, both this episode and in episode 2... and 3... and is, thus, not unlike "virginal" Ashley minus the pierced belly-button.

Hey! As Amanda says, just his smile is a "panty dropper". That means the black bar may be required for others besides fully clothed Jillian.

Although Kaitlyn shocks everybody with her introductory "You can plow the $%#@ out of my field any day" (which impressed Chris enough to get mentioned in his ABC News interview), it is Whitney who surprises me... not necessarily shocks me. She tells him right out of the limo that she has watched the show since she was in high school, but wouldn't be here if it wasn't him. (And that second line is repeated by three other ladies on screen later.) On the surface, it a very sweet introduction... and she sure looks mighty cute in her sexy black. Except... *chuckle chuckle*... I am reminded of how Chris himself chewed out Nick in Belgium because HE watched every show and was "analyzing" his pecking order "in the game". No... I am not using that against her, but... it DID surprise me that she said that right away... in front of the guy so skeptical of such thangs.

Just a quick rundown of Chris' reaction shots with the first 15 ladies entering the mansion. Always fun to compare.
1.) Britt... Chris reads her note "Free hugs from Britt. I'm OK with that." Britt looks back and smiles.
2.) Whitney... gets  a "wow"
3.) Kelsey... gets another "wow"
... with two "wow"s in a row, I am reminded of this classic scene in The Golden Girls: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mP6ck8P9b1I
4.) Megan... "This is not gonna be easy."
5.) Virginal Ashley (one of the "I'm so glad it is you" gals)... Chris just looks pleased
6.) Trina's reaction from Chris was snipped
7.) Reegan and her ice-box "bloody" heart... he says he can use an extra heart on hand.
(He gets another heart later, since this show is obsessed with doing everything twice. He gets a small rock shaped like a heart.)
8.) Tara... "A cow-gal. I like her style".
(He may, but "classy and elegant" Britt and Whitney inside the house definitely do NOT and glare at her rather ominously.)
9 & 10.) Amber and Nikki don't get a reaction from him as Tara is the primary focus, preparing for her second entrance in a cocktail dress.
11.) Amanda the Secret Admirer has him asking "Can I open my eyes yet?" He must think he's playing Ghosts in the Graveyard.
12.) Jillian... he says she's cute at least.
13.) McKenzie... he responds "THIS is crazy", THEN...
14.) Crayyyyyyyzeeeee Ashley arrives, but we don't see his reaction to her. This is probably for the best.
15.) Kaitlyn and her pottytalk intro... he does look a bit gobsmacked and reacts "Didn't see that coming!"
Then Harrison arrives. Soules tells him "I feel this is a dream", prompting Harrison to smack him across the face. Then Harrison asks "How bad do you want to get in there?"

The other 15 limos arriving later run so fast with only a few reaction shots coming from him, but I will mention the following...
-Becca gets the "he's looking her over from head to toe" comment from the gals observing, but WE don't see this much on screen.
-Nicole's pig snout is one of TWO piggie references. (Again, many things happen in twos each episode.) Earlier Whitney asks if he inseminates them!
-Jordan arrives with little whiskey bottles. This is a delayed "double take". In episode 2, Whitney brings a bigger bottle... and much better stuff. (I think Kaitlyn also enjoys some of Whitney's stash with her steak dinner in episode 3 too. Make that a triple-play with the whiskey.)
-Jade is last out and gets a very prominent "whooh" from him.

Not important, but mentioning it anyway: Jade's sit-down with him gets the same guitar music he received when sitting with Andi on her first episode.

Quayzee Ashley's speech must have been important to the editors. People are like onions. All of us have many layers that need peeled away. That will be Chris' job. Also the handlers must have supplied plenty of onions as props, because these ladies a crying a great deal in the promos.

There is a delightful Whitney "reaction" shot when Chris ponders out loud who his secret admirer is. Both Whit and Jillian starting glancing about the room... as if just as curious as he is! Of course, Amanda's sit-down follows. Interesting tidbit about Amanda is that she comes from a town where his sister resides... or so it sounded from the mumbled dialogue. Also a brief discussion of Chicago, where Whitney is currently living.

Chris on Whitney:
"Talking to Whitney, like, right out of the gate... beautiful, smart, funny. I'm excited about her. If this is how they're all gonna be, I'm in trouble."

Chris on Kaitlyn (much later this episode, during their break dance routine):
"Kaitlyn is a firecracker. When she walked in, she said I could plow her field anytime... I'm not sure what that means, but I like it."
"Kaitlyn impressed me in a lot of ways tonight. She's definitely fun and goofy, but she's down to earth. She has a lot of the qualities I'm looking for in a future wife."

This isn't the only use of the W-word she gets in episode 1 :
-When he enters the room after the first 15, he and Kaitlyn have their verbal "dispute" ("I'll talk first and you can tell the joke afterward."). After three key Kaitlyn face shots, he tells us in PI session that he came on this show "to meet my wife"... *edit cut*... Kaitlyn shown again next to tell her joke.
-After he enters the room a SECOND time, following the next batch of limos and all 30 ladies present, he says "hi" again and Kaitlyn is shown saying "hi", along with Jade. After discussing all of the "amazing women here" (Becca shown), he says "my wife is in this room". Then he puts his hand to his chest... *edit cut*... A slightly-out-of-focus-and-in-the-foreground Carly is shown with her hand to her chest, standing by an in-focus Kaitlyn just observing.
(Not that we should always take these seriously since Andi often said "husband" whenever destined-to-be-dumped Chris was shown on screen. Also BOTH Kaitlyn and Whitney get the W-word in episode 3.)

Curious shot: Kaitlyn glances at the rose on the table and barks: "Who is feeling like they deserve this rose?" (Not that she should worry, being first called at the rose ceremony... after Britt gets that particular one.)

One repeating line of Chris' in rose ceremonies is his concern "about making a mistake".

Episode 2:

Both Kaitlyn and Whitney have plenty to say about Kimberly's boomerang moment. K thinks there are too many women on the show already (not that she has anything against Kimberly personally but "goodbye is goodbye"), while W... in her cute chipmunk voice... says "I've never seen anything like THIS before."

Silly thing to toss out here... Jade's "occupation" involves "cosmetics". At Whitney's wedding date in episode 3, we learn that the bride does that sort of thing, but it certainly isn't Whitney's occupation!

The two mommies are cleverly shown back to back:
1.) Juelia tells her sad-sad story of losing the daddy to suicide. This is a key moment for Becca to come out of the shadows. Both she and Kaitlyn look like they are welling up with tears listening, but Becca is doing much of the talking. This reminds me a little of Chris himself with Dylan last season and I wonder if the editors are "positioning" Becca (if not F1) as next 'ette already. They want a very sympathetic lead.
2.) McKenzie frets about discussing her son with the gals on the group date, but her fussing seems rather unnecessary compared to Juelia's.

Chris says that McKenzie discussing aliens "raises a red flag". But Chris! You consider THAT odd and not Ashley making sure all of the zombees are dead?!?

Megan's date is interesting for all of the helicopter shots. Even though Chris is sympathetic to her sad-sad backstory, you can tell he is struggling making a connection with her by the way they sit in the loooooooong rides and too-many-vehicle changes. Later, in episode 3, he tells Kaitlyn he would rather be at Costco than in any helicopter. Apparently the date itself (maybe not Megan) turned him off.

Oh yes... the zombee date. Worst line comes from Chris himself. "Oh... Amber. I didn't see you here." (Ouch)

Best line from Zombee Ashley: "What are you scared of?" He responds "drowning."
(Now... if that is Whitney jumping off a ship with him in the promos later this season, then she is a wonderful psychiatrist getting him over his fear of
a.) crashing weddings and
b.) diving into oceans.)

Kaitlyn and Britt are the primary ladies showcased on that date (and I am rather disappointed that Becca was still lacking screen time). He initiates the kissing with both ladies, but with Britt it is all full-force with lots more tongue action. Nonetheless Kaitlyn gets more of the verbal praise, recycling a few words...
"Kaitlyn is a firecracker.  She's cool. She makes me laugh and she's so easy to talk to and she's smart. I mean... What the hell is she doing here for me? That's the question."

Amusingly, when Kaitlyn gets the group rose (much to Britt's disappointment), she simply responds to him with shrugged shoulders "ooooohhhhhkaaaayyy".After a voice-over saying she's happy to be on his "radar" (and Whitney also uses the word "radar" later), she is shown "hee-hee"-ing in a PI session holding up... nothing. Where's her rose?

When Whitney gives Chris his (second, but bigger and better) bottle of whiskey, she makes a rather interesting statement. It regards not getting her time with him earlier, but it was highlighted as some sort of theme in her personal storyline.
"I can't change what happened. I can only hope what will happen."

Episode 3:

Jimmy Kimmel's lines pretty much make this episode, but I am just focusing on the usual "same old-same old" edit details here. He keeps saying he is here to "help Chris" over and over. (Did everybody see the outtake scene of Kaitlyn and Jimmy discussing whether or not "size matters"? Jimmy would know about such stuff since he showers with Chris.)

While on the couch with Kaitlyn, Chris says "I want to spend time with her all night long." (Woah... Chris!!!! Doing what? Checking over your Costco receipts? Finding room for the ketchup? Figuring out what a pot-sticker is?) Of course, Kimmel arrives to chaperone ("consider me your adopted son"... or "a lubricant to smooth things through").

I am not so sure Kaitlyn was that confident with her "test-drive" answer to the fantasy date question. Yet Kimmel wasn't allowing her off the hook any more than most shocked jaw-to-the-ground TV viewers were.

It is rather cute the way Chris tries to shoo Kimmel away so he can have his alone time with her. "Go away... far away". Once again, Chris says Kaitlyn has a lot of qualities he wants in a wife.

Not to be outdone, he also says on Whitney's date: "I can abs-olutely imagine Whitney being my wife." Also "This will be the last wedding Whitney and I will crash IF we get married."

There is an interesting "off" moment of sorts at the start of this date. He discusses about "rolling with the cob" and Whit half understands it as "going with the flow". He responds with "and...", followed by some *bleeping*. She answers back as if semi-correcting him: "go with the flow". Nothing important here, but it humorously compares with her stern expressions regarding the "earthier" women in episode 1. This makes you wonder if Chris too may be too "earthy" for her dignified tastes. It also compares to Chris saying to Kait in episode 1 "I'll talk first and you can tell the joke afterward." Even if Chris is "earthy" and Whit is more polished, both need to partner with somebody who is less... corrective.

Nonetheless, Whit already sees him as a "future husband" and "this could be one of the greatest love stories of all time". This gal is loaded with even more sunshine than my beloved Ryan Park. A sampling of my favorites...
"This day is just perfect! I'm just looking around, feeling like I need to pinch myself that this is real! (dubbed in bit) I do feel we have a connection that cannot be faked. It is legit! It is real! (back to her) It is, like, storybook."
"There is something about weddings that is just very romantic. I'm abs-olutely that little girl who dreamed of her wedding since she was tiny and just couldn't wait until that was me! Now we are going to crash a wedding and I just can't wait!"

In a way, Whit and Kait are the "yin and yang" of Christopher's cranium. One is seemingly all sugar (but she may have a dark side lurking underneath) and the other is seemingly all spice (has she "test driven" many vehicles herself?). Whit called Chris "America's Prince" at the start of the show and after he compliments her on how her "genuine" nature makes him feel good, she responds "but that's how you make... us... feel" as if speaking for "all of America". (She then corrects her pronoun to "me".) Chris tells Kait earlier that he does not lead a glamorous life style and she responds "but that's what I actually like about you." (No pronoun corrections needed later.)

While these two are polar opposites, Becca and Jade are polar opposites of each other. Becca gets her group rose by NOT kissing him. In contrast, Jade is the first to get him... in bed (fortunately still clothed at this stage). In a way, these two have been under-the-radar because Britt and "virginal" Ashley are occupying their storyline "spots". Britt seemed to be against all of the "physical part" of relationships, but doesn't practice what she preaches. (Becca says she wants to kiss, but feels it will be more meaningful when received gradually.) Jade hardly seems the "virginal" type like Ashley, but... apart from the bed-hopping... she isn't as forceful as Ashley and her pierced belly button. Amusingly, Jade's profession could aid Ashley, since she wears more "cosmetics" then anybody else on the show. Nobody fusses that long before jumping into a pool.

Among our "twos" this episode:

1.) He says Carly "killed it" in the farmyard competition (a rather pointless group date).
2.) He says Whitney "killed it" at the wedding.

1.) At Costco, Kaitlyn says she will "push the shopping cart" and Chris responds that he will "navigate". (Poor boy was feeling old when she was teaching him to dance in episode 1. "Make this old guy breakdance? Are you kiddin' me?")
2.) Whitney is impressed with Chris' dance moves at the wedding, saying he can do The Shopping Cart and The Lawn Mower. (A few of the latter were at Costco too.) Also she does some "moves" in her PI session just as Chris did while discussing Kaitlyn in episode 1.

Keep this tidbit on the back burner. Maybe it means nothing at all, but I'll add it here anyway.

Last season, Andi kept saying she came here to find a husband. As it turned out, she didn't...
Likewise Jason talked much the same talk and even proposed to Melissa. Then he dumped her post-show and asked Molly if they could... date.
Backtrack to Andi's Men Tell All show when (was it?) Elan had brought a lady in the audience to "go on a date with" Chris. He was sitting with Harrison in the hot seat and seemed surprised by her arrival. Intriguingly she was from... Canada.

Last edited by JBF on Wed Feb 11, 2015 10:20 am; edited 1 time in total
JBF
JBF

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Sun Jan 25, 2015 11:09 pm

What I found interesting is the similarities between Chris' interaction with Whitney and with Kaitlyn solely regarding his "I am in charge/I am correct" ways/manner. (He strikes me as someone that wants a girl who will have fun with him and not question him at all and will let him have his fun! And if that involves alcohol? All the better!).

-- With Kaitlyn, when she wanted to take charge by telling a joke and Chris passively/aggressively 'put her in her place' in front of the other women.

-- With Whitney, basically responding, "No" to Whitney's interpretation of rolling with cob. Already 'correcting' her as you have pointed out JBF.

It even seems like he has a possible "correcting" Britt moment a bit in the upcoming episode and then says something about being there to find his wife and if the women don't believe him they can leave....

Totally passive-aggressive behavior, imo. No sense of self-awareness/reflection on his behavior to see if he should change how HE is acting (kissing so many women). Very selfish stance of "I" am the bachelor and you are here and if you don't believe ME, then leave! (Talk about immature!).

From what I have seen, Chris does not like women to question/challenge/etc him (Mackenzie asking him about kissing all the women for example) and yet? he has no problem with the women physically taking charge and initiating making out with him.

None. Whatsoever.

He is willing to make-out even with those he knows he is sending home and not seriously interested in as a wife (Amber, anyone?). This ties into the live-premiere and Iowan friends/family saying "That's our Chris" when kissing Britt first date.

Ummm... *red flag alert*

So, while the women are very welcome to physically fawn all over him, I don't see Chris as someone who is mature enough to self-reflect on his own actions and instead gets very defensive when questioned about his behavior.

The only woman he responded very well to that didn't fawn over him or indirectly question his behavior so to speak, was Becca. That is because she talked about herself not being ready and not questioning Chris kissing all the girls (and she not wanting to just be one of the girls).

***ETA: No wonder Chris gave Becca the rose. It was more about Becca NOT calling him out on his kissing bandit ways and thus not wanting to kiss him but rather Becca making it about her instead. She got 'rewarded' for not questioning him***

Smart play on Becca's side to make it about her and not Chris's actions/behavior when really, I am sure she was weirded out as many of the other girls were that he was kissing so many of them.

And Chris's reason for doing so (as told to Mackenzie)? He just wanted it to be real, how he is in real life.

Oops.

Good luck F1.

Last edited by AllAboutLove on Sun Jan 25, 2015 11:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by JBF Sun Jan 25, 2015 11:17 pm

I probably went overboard in my analysis above, but there is a lot that I am still struggling to figure out this season. Maybe I'll have a better grasp once Becca gets more screentime.
JBF
JBF

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 80 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 42 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - Discussion - #2

+114
Cameron2
mysthelma
bluwavz
northernviewer
mizzoufan