SELECT CONTENT

Josh Murray - Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - Thread #7

Page 53 of 70 Previous  1 ... 28 ... 52, 53, 54 ... 61 ... 70  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

nomnomnom - Josh Murray - Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - Thread #7 - Page 53 Empty Re: Josh Murray - Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - Thread #7

Post by aviej Thu Apr 30, 2015 2:31 pm

relaxing wrote:
luvlady345 wrote:Said the man who has never been able to keep an adult relationship, yeah he is really great and a good catch. It's everyone else fault he is just picky and no woman is like his mom. Yup the Murray guys are just great it's all their women fault....I see where this is going.

Agree.  I'm not a fan of Andi but Josh doesn't appeal to me much more.  Josh is using perks from being on the show as much as anyone to build a career as a salesman, not what he presented himself as on the show.  He seems to love flying around the country every few days making appearances.  He could have (like Brooks or Becca) actually put some thought into if Andi was right for him on the show, instead of setting his sights on winning.  And to me the no relationships because he was too busy taking care of his capable, independent adult siblings attending college and being "picky" probably just means he enjoys being single and playing the field.  

Hope he and Andi both mature and find great relationships, but to me they are quite similar in being a bit spoiled, entitled and my way or the highway.  JMO.
I agree Good Post
aviej
aviej

Back to top Go down

nomnomnom - Josh Murray - Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - Thread #7 - Page 53 Empty Re: Josh Murray - Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - Thread #7

Post by officeRules Thu Apr 30, 2015 2:34 pm

I'm confused about your idea that Canada is a reality star haven.   I'm in Toronto and have never met a reality star in my life.  It is on the 'circuit' of post-show Bach people.  We do have a few every once in a while.  (Josh, Ed, Micheal was here a few years ago).  This reality star activity is no more or no less than any big city in North America.

officeRules
officeRules

Female Posts : 992

Back to top Go down

Post by leselihau Thu Apr 30, 2015 3:50 pm

I'm not and never was pro Josh/Andi and/or pro Nick. I've always been neutral on all three of them. I was appalled with Nick's comment on the ATFR and thought it was extremely classless to go there. Is it good television, sure....but what happens in the bedroom needs to stay in the bedroom...PERIOD. But Josh and Andi's words and actions in the media after that were just as appalling to me. For me, if you choose to go on a reality tv show, at least in part you have a desire to be "famous". That may not be the whole story...but that desire is there. And when you do it TWICE (whether it's the same show or two different ones doesn't matter), then I think it shows you've been bitten by the Hollywood bug. So for me, they're all just out there seeking some fame and fortune from their stint (or two) on tv. I don't think any of them are better than the other.

I'm a big fan of Chris Lambton and I think even though he turned down TB gig...I still think he was seeking some fame....I mean look at him now.

leselihau

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 30, 2015 5:31 pm

aviej wrote:
relaxing wrote:
luvlady345 wrote:Said the man who has never been able to keep an adult relationship, yeah he is really great and a good catch. It's everyone else fault he is just picky and no woman is like his mom. Yup the Murray guys are just great it's all their women fault....I see where this is going.

Agree.  I'm not a fan of Andi but Josh doesn't appeal to me much more.  Josh is using perks from being on the show as much as anyone to build a career as a salesman, not what he presented himself as on the show.  He seems to love flying around the country every few days making appearances.  He could have (like Brooks or Becca) actually put some thought into if Andi was right for him on the show, instead of setting his sights on winning.  And to me the no relationships because he was too busy taking care of his capable, independent adult siblings attending college and being "picky" probably just means he enjoys being single and playing the field.  

Hope he and Andi both mature and find great relationships, but to me they are quite similar in being a bit spoiled, entitled and my way or the highway.  JMO.
I agree Good Post

I have a few comments regarding the bolded. First, who ever said Josh couldn't keep an adult relationship? My understanding is he did have one or two more serious relationships prior to his years at UGA.  What exactly constitutes "keeping" an adult relationship, being married? If so, then none of the leads or contestants are capable of "keeping" an adult relationship, as they too are all still single.  I get that Josh may have less 'dating" experience than many, but that doesn't mean he's incapable of being in a good relationship.

Also, it's TPTB that determine how a contestant is "presented" on the show so Josh had no control over the editing or the storyline they set for him. They wanted him as the former athlete, not the financial advisor.  I also don't think that his higher profile from the show aided him in any way with his career as a financial advisor (which is more or less a form of "sales").  The AdvoCare opportunity I believe was pesented to him by a close friend and it seems he would have likely gone that route regardless of whether he had been on a reality show. Yes, his Bachelorette exposure has allowed him to reach out to more people, but it's been more his hard work and dedication to his team that is giving him success with that right now.  

And as far as Andi, despite how TPTB wanted to spin her persona,  I get the feeling being an assistant DA wasn't necessarily what her heart wanted anymore, nor was maybe law in general.  I know several lawyers who became disallusioned with their career choice once they did it for a while.  So when other opportunites in things that were more her passion arose after the show, she went for it. I'm not going to berate her for that. I would have likely done the same thing if given the chance.  

To the second bolded,  I beiieve Josh did put a lot of thought into whether Andi was the right one for him while on the show and he was convinced she was. Real life outside of the bubble can change that though. That doesn't mean his intentions weren't true at the time.  The problem for these two as I see it is that what they wanted and valued in their life post show was different and they couldn't compromise or support each other. I bolded the 'they" because I do feel they both played a role in their relationship not working.

Lastly, in my opinion Josh focusing more on his siblings during his UGA days is not all that crazy of an idea. If he had met the right woman I'm sure he would have dated, but like he said in yesterday's interview, he was the "old" guy in a small college town of much younger "girls" and he never found someone that really appealed to him. That's understandable to me, and I'm guessing it was a big reason for him moving to Atlanta after his brothers football season was over.

I don't see how his behavior makes him spoiled or entitled.  If anything, he has often been shown to put others first.  

I hope both Andi and Josh learned some valuable lessons in this relationship that will help them to find their perfect "fit" in the future. We're always discussing their "shortcomings" in these discussion threads, but they are just human, like us, and I doubt we have all handled our previous relationships perfectly. The goal should be to learn from our mistakes, and hopefully not make them again.

Last edited by Laudergirl on Thu Apr 30, 2015 7:00 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Laura Walsh Thu Apr 30, 2015 6:26 pm

Laudergirl,

I agree with everything you said. Andi changes careers and she's a bad person but Josh changes careers and it's okay. And I'm glad that you mentioned that Andi was not all at fault. I have never known in any relationship where the breakup is totally one person's fault. If Josh found things about Andi he didn't like I'm sure Andi also found things that she didn't like about Josh. You are so right that they are only human. I love them both so I don't come on here often because I don't like reading unkind things about either of them.
Laura Walsh
Laura Walsh

Back to top Go down

Post by nikikass Thu Apr 30, 2015 6:57 pm

leselihau wrote:I'm not and never was pro Josh/Andi and/or pro Nick.  I've always been neutral on all three of them.  I was appalled with Nick's comment on the ATFR and thought it was extremely classless to go there.  Is it good television, sure....but what happens in the bedroom needs to stay in the bedroom...PERIOD.  But Josh and Andi's words and actions in the media after that were just as appalling to me.  For me, if you choose to go on a reality tv show, at least in part you have a desire to be "famous".  That may not be the whole story...but that desire is there.  And when you do it TWICE (whether it's the same show or two different ones doesn't matter), then I think it shows you've been bitten by the Hollywood bug.   So for me, they're all just out there seeking some fame and fortune from their stint (or two) on tv.  I don't think any of them are better than the other.  

I'm a big fan of Chris Lambton and I think even though he turned down TB gig...I still think he was seeking some fame....I mean look at him now.

I totally agree with the Josh/Andi/Nick drama. I can see both sides but Nick redeemed himself after the season for me but Andi and Josh just annoyed me after.

With Chris Lambton the difference with the "fame" reference is is that he did it on his terms and did what he is good and passionate about.
(And I was not a Chris fan.. It was Roberto all the way for me, but I completely respect and admire Chris for doing it his way)
nikikass
nikikass

Back to top Go down

Post by whit90 Thu Apr 30, 2015 8:15 pm

GuardianAngel wrote:Lack of relationships is applicable to a very high percentage of reality tv contestants IMO.

He may be fussy, but why settle for what he doesn't like? If he wants someone like his Mother who has instilled solid family Christian morals, then so be it.

As far as changing careers, it appears to be going in the right direction. He is travelling more now than ever, as well as being asked to attend many charity events. He was/is in Toronto making tons of media rounds for the latest charity event.

I have a 31 yr old single son, he thinks the world of me. I wouldn't want it any other way.

clapping! clapping! Totally agree and where did Andi have all these relationships before Juans season. question IMO Andi has no idea what love is but the love of MeAndi. Wish Josh all the best he has a huge heart and is a great guy.
whit90
whit90

Back to top Go down

Post by luvlady345 Thu Apr 30, 2015 9:13 pm

officeRules wrote:I'm confused about your idea that Canada is a reality star haven.   I'm in Toronto and have never met a reality star in my life.  It is on the 'circuit' of post-show Bach people.  We do have a few every once in a while.  (Josh, Ed, Micheal was here a few years ago).  This reality star activity is no more or no less than any big city in North America.

Like I said earlier I know quite a few reality TV stars/people who have gone to Canada for meets/greets and speaking engagement.

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.”

― Bernard M. Baruch
luvlady345
luvlady345

Female Posts : 1822

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 30, 2015 9:57 pm

I'm not certain, but I think Josh was possibly just auctioned off at his charity event

Natalia Juarez ‏@lovistics 33m33 minutes ago
Full house here at #Bachelor & #bachelorette auction! @Epoch_Getaways @jmurbulldog #singles #love #auction #date

nomnomnom - Josh Murray - Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - Thread #7 - Page 53 Cd4tnc10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 30, 2015 9:58 pm

Womdering if this was the winning bidder?

Fatima Zaidi ‏@zaidiafatima 28m28 minutes ago
Bachelor touchdown in Toronto! @jmurbulldog

nomnomnom - Josh Murray - Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - Thread #7 - Page 53 Auctio10

Back to top Go down

Post by aviej Thu Apr 30, 2015 10:29 pm

I thought he was hosting? The website had other males as bachelors. Maybe he served two roles?
aviej
aviej

Back to top Go down

Post by ThankMeLater Thu Apr 30, 2015 10:31 pm

^ He co-hosted and was being auctioned off Smiley

ThankMeLater

Female Posts : 3528

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 53 of 70 Previous  1 ... 28 ... 52, 53, 54 ... 61 ... 70  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Josh Murray - Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - Thread #7

+79
Beagle
chloep
Stacia620
officeRules
Bet2Win