SELECT CONTENT

Bachelor New Zealand - Art Green - *Sleuthing* - *Spoilers*

Page 30 of 50 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 40 ... 50  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

happygirl - Bachelor New Zealand - Art Green - *Sleuthing* - *Spoilers* - Page 30 Empty Re: Bachelor New Zealand - Art Green - *Sleuthing* - *Spoilers*

Post by Guest Thu Apr 16, 2015 5:34 pm

why poppy is saying this: old mate art???

happygirl - Bachelor New Zealand - Art Green - *Sleuthing* - *Spoilers* - Page 30 154yr7c

Back to top Go down

happygirl - Bachelor New Zealand - Art Green - *Sleuthing* - *Spoilers* - Page 30 Empty Re: Bachelor New Zealand - Art Green - *Sleuthing* - *Spoilers*

Post by Guest Thu Apr 16, 2015 5:38 pm

poppy liked this comment

happygirl - Bachelor New Zealand - Art Green - *Sleuthing* - *Spoilers* - Page 30 30tt2s4

Back to top Go down

Post by stuckinsc Thu Apr 16, 2015 6:13 pm

I think Poppy was joking about old mate Art. Mate is the term for friend, but I wouldn't read anything into it.
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Female Posts : 10802

Back to top Go down

Post by robinvi Thu Apr 16, 2015 6:47 pm

Yeah the pic was taken during filming
robinvi
robinvi

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Thu Apr 16, 2015 6:49 pm

robinvi wrote:Yeah the pic was taken during filming
Based on the clothing it looks like an outing they had when the group date was cut short and Matilda and Art left (Based on convo and s/caps, Art went with Matilda that afternoon and visited her the next day too).
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 16, 2015 7:11 pm

ok thanks for the precisions stuckinsc and robinvi Smiley

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiebelle Thu Apr 16, 2015 7:54 pm

stuckinsc wrote:I think Poppy was joking about old mate Art. Mate is the term for friend, but I wouldn't read anything into it.

Yes, in New Zealand you would never call someone a "mate" if you were in a relationship with them. It's definitely a term used for a good friend or I think as Americans call them "buddy" not partner/ lover. Infact, if my husband addressed me as his "mate" I would be a little offended.

I think that this is an indication that Poppy is not F1 , although she is actually English so the word might have slightly different meaning there. However, I don't think so - I lived and worked in London for 3 years and the term was always used for "friend".
Katiebelle
Katiebelle

Back to top Go down

Post by stuckinsc Thu Apr 16, 2015 8:03 pm

Katiebelle wrote:
stuckinsc wrote:I think Poppy was joking about old mate Art. Mate is the term for friend, but I wouldn't read anything into it.

Yes, in New Zealand you would never call someone a "mate" if you were in a relationship with them. It's definitely a term used for a good friend or I think as Americans call them "buddy" not partner/ lover. Infact, if my husband addressed me as his "mate" I would be a little offended.

I think that this is an indication that Poppy is not F1 , although she is actually English so the word might have slightly different meaning there. However, I don't think so - I lived and worked in London for 3 years and the term was always used for "friend".

I have never ever heard my friend from NZ use the term friend unless he was really thinking. It is always mate. I find it cute. Same with my hubby's friend from the UK.

I do think that Poppy was joking about Art. Don't think it is a clue. JMO
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Female Posts : 10802

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 16, 2015 8:12 pm

Katiebelle wrote:

mate means friend in UK and Canada, generally used between guys, rarely between a female talking about a guy.
(Partner on the other hand is very common but in a serious committed relationship... not that I have heard it on this show, but since we talk about it)

Back to top Go down

Post by mindless Thu Apr 16, 2015 8:17 pm

I wouldn't take it literally. Poppy and Art seem to tease each other a lot, which is why I like them together. It could also be a play on 'soul mate'.
mindless
mindless

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 16, 2015 8:29 pm

mindless wrote:I wouldn't take it literally. Poppy and Art seem to tease each other a lot, which is why I like them together. It could also be a play on 'soul mate'.

yes. there are a lot of innuendos between them. true! happygirl - Bachelor New Zealand - Art Green - *Sleuthing* - *Spoilers* - Page 30 2498057887

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Fri Apr 17, 2015 1:39 am

stuckinsc wrote:
Katiebelle wrote:

I have never ever heard my friend from NZ use the term friend unless he was really thinking. It is always mate. I find it cute. Same with my hubby's friend from the UK.

I do think that Poppy was joking about Art. Don't think it is a clue. JMO
It is definitely a clue, imo. Even Sam on Bach Aussie used the term 'dude' with Blake and it was used this way intentionally when she was NOT with him romantically. Personally, speaking as a non-American myself, mate/dude, etc these terms, even in a joking way, would never be used for your lover or person you are romantically tied with (friends with benefits sure, but not lover). Also, I posted this earlier, but that photo where Poppy used the term mate, she originally had the caption as Art's harem. She then changed it a few days ago to just include the girls only on her IG. This was after all the rumors about the ex. And I think it plays a role that none of those girls are F1 (they are out while in TGA and likely this was when Matilda was at hospital). Sometimes SM and what people say and do means nothing. Sometimes it does. It never hurts to post on here what these things may or may not mean. That's what makes it fun with this board. Reading into things is par for the course when it comes to speculation and sleuthing. It may end up meaning nothing at all, but sometimes in a blue moon it is a clue and one has the little crumbs of speculation to look back here on this board and say, "Aaaha! So it did mean something!".

Another thing I noticed after I saw someone ask is that Matilda is the only girl who is not featured on the TBNZ website with her bachelorette dresses. The other girls are. Definitely a clue, imo. Bottom line is, until the show is over, everything can be refuted as just being rumors or not having meaning, etc. We could have RS spoiling the season for who the F1 is or even have Matilda herself tell us she is F1 and it still wouldn't stop the sleuthing or doubt. For me, I am looking for clues pointing towards Matilda as F1 for multiple reasons and have yet to see anything change my mind about her being F1. Even her best friends and family like posts about her and Art on SM. The only doubt I have is post-show. Will see how it pans out... So far I am enjoying this season and hope we get to see more of the love story and Art express his feelings a bit more.
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 30 of 50 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 40 ... 50  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelor New Zealand - Art Green - *Sleuthing* - *Spoilers*

+25
mindless
Jolena
Linds911
Katiebelle
Spoil Me Again