SELECT CONTENT

Married At First Sight - Season 2 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Discussion

Page 51 of 51 Previous  1 ... 27 ... 49, 50, 51

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Married At First Sight - Season 2 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Discussion - Page 51 Empty Re: Married At First Sight - Season 2 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Discussion

Post by SomeGuy Sat Jun 20, 2015 2:51 am

The train is wrecked. Season 2's couples didn't fail because they couldn't find love (that phrase is sooooooooooo icky). They failed because they weren't honest with themselves and/or each other. The much vaunted personality inventories, profiling questionnaires, the simple security checks all [seem] to have failed to identify participants with significant problems that should have disqualified them from participating in the show. Had this all remained concealed from the public at large, probably things would continue, on the air, as before albeit, one would hope, with a little more care in the selection process than seems to have happened in S2. But it's pretty hard to sweep court orders and recorded threats under the carpet.

That none of the couples remained together doesn't speak well for the MAFS process. NTL The Experts said that 0 for 3 was a plausible possibility (IIRC, that happened in the original Danish series, at least after the 6 month check or perhaps later). That's not what wrecked the train, though. It's the conduct that, in any marriage, is the basis for ending any marriage, that's the train leaving the rails.

- - -
In an honest effort to stay on the right side of the rules here: the above is, of course, my personal opinion. It contains some personal recollections which may or may not be accurate.

Last edited by SomeGuy on Sat Jun 20, 2015 2:53 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Typos again - ARGH!!!)

Trust your instinct to the end, though you can render no reason. -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

SomeGuy

Location : The marshals at Witness Relocation said leave this blank ;-)

Back to top Go down

Married At First Sight - Season 2 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Discussion - Page 51 Empty Re: Married At First Sight - Season 2 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Discussion

Post by stillhoping Sat Jun 20, 2015 1:06 pm

Well...I do love a love story. So...I will watch season 3 ...with a knowing "eye".

I won't watch any spin offs. I am sick of them all at this point. I just want them to go away.
I can not see what the "3 gals" have in common other than an interest to get more reality tv time. I have grown to dislike and distrust "retreads" on any reality show.

As for a lawsuit ? I guess Jess may have a chance....but the others? I liked Jac a lot but if she plans to do more reality tv or file a lawsuit I will come to dislike her. I really hoped she and Ryan R would work it out but honestly I think he is "not that into her" and she is a bit overwhelming.

I think they all need to go back to their day jobs. I get sick of the spin offs. Lately I have had to turn to other countries - I have been watching Oz version and I love the young couple. I also like the way one couple split up before the "reveal" cause the guy was NOT into the (rather annoying) woman. I think Ryan R may have wanted to say that but was not able to cause of the producers.

I hope they can pull this off the next time - my rules would be - NO models, actors.. and no spin off future money beyond maybe one "recap" or "revisit" show a year later or one appearance on a future show. I am tired of the professional reality people. Give us real people looking for romance not failed wannabes looking to show off their model portfolio or bring their guitar to sing their demo song.
stillhoping
stillhoping

Female Posts : 128

Back to top Go down

Post by jlccaz Sat Jun 20, 2015 5:52 pm

The people willing to sign this particular contract are a subset of those willing to go on TV reality format show. Of those willing to be filmed and televised, we get the dregs who would also marry a stranger. Not the other way around, see?
jlccaz
jlccaz

Back to top Go down

Post by SomeGuy Sun Jun 21, 2015 12:06 am

Some somewhat random comments:

A lawyer is required to render an honest effort on behalf of the client. But that doesn't mean that lawyer promises a win. They can say "there's a good chance that [/pick an outcome]" but "we will get you lots of [/desired outcome]" is out. A suit is nothing more than an effort to get a desired outcome from the defendant. But none of this is ever a sure thing, and it's not hitting the Power Ball lottery. Even though lots of people think that. Beyond that, not every suit makes it into court. Suits deemed frivolous, are tossed out all the time.

DISCLAIMER: I am not a lawyer. The last time I was in court, I wasn't called "counselor", I was called "Mr. Foreman" (we found for the plaintiff, FWIW). I am married to a lawyer, though.

After seeing Ryan D, Jo Jo, & Co., I had a sense I'd seen them somewhere else. I did a Google Image search. Sure enough, there were more people looking just like them. The search phrase? "Guido".

By definition, anyone who gets past the initial screening for any reality (sic) show certainly has some inherent desire to "get on TV". Having "fifteen minutes of fame" is seductive. So where's the surprise that some participants see MAFS as some sort of springboard to more than fifteen minutes. And if the participant thinks appearing on MAFS means they'll eventually be holding an Emmy or Oscar, that's their problem. But I don't see any of this as a disqualification. Unless the participant is somehow acting or performing their way through the whole process. I don't think anyone in S1 or S2 has even come close to that.

While in Europe, I tried to stream the original, Danish MAFS. I don't speak Danish but I thought I could guess my way through what was going on. Forget it, the show's not to be found, beyond mentions, period. So much for that idea.

Trust your instinct to the end, though you can render no reason. -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

SomeGuy

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr&MrsSmith Mon Jun 22, 2015 6:13 pm

Didn't see Season 1. I watched the first few episodes of this farce in hopes of a real story. I hoped to see love, but I would have been content to watch real struggle. Nothing was real.

This show is a joke. Everything about it is fake. Everything they showed us was staged. I wouldn't even mind the awful outcome if they had actually showed us what happened between the couples.

I can't believe I'm saying this, but the Bachelor/Bachelorette franchise is more honest than this one. I am ok with tv making a mockery of dating, but this show makes a mockery of marriage and that is not ok.

Best thing to come from this show was some interesting conversation in the threads.
Mr&MrsSmith
Mr&MrsSmith

Female Posts : 578

Back to top Go down

Post by SomeGuy Tue Jun 23, 2015 12:37 am

It's interesting that after the 6 month update, this thread has become almost dead. I think you're right. We're all burned out on MAFS as it's been in S2.

I suggest trying S1. The editing and produced drama, not too surprisingly, were present there, too, but the stories are worth seeing.

SomeGuy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 14, 2016 1:29 pm

Interest info may come to light. S2 cast contractual gag order will expire June 2016.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 51 of 51 Previous  1 ... 27 ... 49, 50, 51

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Married At First Sight - Season 2 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Discussion

+90
TwinkleB13
WatcheronWall
TheEyesHaveIt
sherrie714
Sulamit