SELECT CONTENT

The Bachelorette 11 - Kaitlyn Bristowe - Tweets - IG - *Sleuthing* - *Spoilers* - Discussion

Page 2 of 80 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 41 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Kimmel - The Bachelorette 11 - Kaitlyn Bristowe - Tweets - IG - *Sleuthing* - *Spoilers* - Discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: The Bachelorette 11 - Kaitlyn Bristowe - Tweets - IG - *Sleuthing* - *Spoilers* - Discussion

Post by gurlbrit Wed Mar 11, 2015 12:01 pm

Kashathediva wrote:So what do you think--Britt in white and gold and Kaitlyn in black and blue?

Very appropriate!

Kimmel - The Bachelorette 11 - Kaitlyn Bristowe - Tweets - IG - *Sleuthing* - *Spoilers* - Discussion - Page 2 3806527698

I have decided to stick with love. Hate is too great a burden to bear. ~Martin Luther King, Jr.
Kimmel - The Bachelorette 11 - Kaitlyn Bristowe - Tweets - IG - *Sleuthing* - *Spoilers* - Discussion - Page 2 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR253Ow-60TiHI_WfFAw57aXihRYDkVee0D2Kixr_9D0h6ZohGIWA    
gurlbrit
gurlbrit

Female Posts : 3835

Back to top Go down

Kimmel - The Bachelorette 11 - Kaitlyn Bristowe - Tweets - IG - *Sleuthing* - *Spoilers* - Discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: The Bachelorette 11 - Kaitlyn Bristowe - Tweets - IG - *Sleuthing* - *Spoilers* - Discussion

Post by jcrbil Wed Mar 11, 2015 12:06 pm

I love it. I do think the outfits we saw on Kimmel are indicators of their style- which I hope on that first episode we'll get to see- Kaitlyn's "edge" and Britt's more traditional look.

jcrbil

Back to top Go down

Post by gurlbrit Wed Mar 11, 2015 1:04 pm

Didn't know where else to put this.  Not sure if Sean is stirring up for TPTB or if he and Cat truly believe this.  If so, I wonder if TPTB will come to realize that this is so not what most people want to see.

TV Watch
The Bachelorette

Sean Lowe on Bachelorette Twist: 'It's Downright Degrading'
Sean Lowe

Reuters/Landov

By lynette rice
@lynetterice
updated03/11/2015 AT 09:15 AM EDT

•originally published03/10/2015 AT 11:35 PM EDT

Sean Lowe may owe his marital happiness to The Bachelor, but that doesn't mean he's always up for toeing the party line.

A day after ABC announced that it would feature two bachelorettes for season 11, Lowe spoke out via his personal blog that the plan to feature Britt Nilsson and Kaitlyn Bristowe vying for the affection of 25 men was "downright degrading."

"No one likes the idea," Lowe wrote, adding that his wife Catherine, "thinks it's disgusting."

This isn't a new idea. Back in 2004, season 6 of The Bachelor held a Ladies' Choice Ceremony in which 25 women were offered the choice between Jay Overbye and Byron Velvick.

Still, Lowe and his wife, 28, have a unique perspective on how these kinds of situations can play out on TV.

"As we were sitting on the couch watching this trainwreck of an announcement, [Catherine] made a good point," Lowe wrote. "One of these poor girls is going to suffer the same rejection she suffered the first go around. And ... get this ... on the first episode. The producers will give the guys the chance to choose which woman they'd like to have as the Bachelorette. The other woman will be sent home on the first night. The first night only allows for very brief conversations, and it's really hard to get to know anyone in that amount of time. Basically, the guys will be left to choose based on looks for the most part."

"I know this show is already awkward and degrading ... especially if it's not handled well by the main star," he continued. "I also realize this is 'just another reality TV show.' But, in a way, it's not. The Bachelor and The Bachelorette still have a certain amount of credibility. Why? People watch it because they hope to see people find true love. I'm proof. It happens."

"It's downright degrading for the women ... for the two chosen and the women watching at home," continued Lowe, 31. "This move transfers the power back to the men on the show specifically designed for the women. As one Tweet said, 'Once again, you'll have women competing for the attention of men.'"

Lowe isn't the only one from the franchise to speak out about the new twist. Season 9's Desiree Hartsock, as well as season 6's Ali Fedotowsky, tweeted out words of disappointment after Monday's announcement.

http://www.people.com/article/sean-lowe-bachelorette-season-11-twist-degrading

I have decided to stick with love. Hate is too great a burden to bear. ~Martin Luther King, Jr.
Kimmel - The Bachelorette 11 - Kaitlyn Bristowe - Tweets - IG - *Sleuthing* - *Spoilers* - Discussion - Page 2 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR253Ow-60TiHI_WfFAw57aXihRYDkVee0D2Kixr_9D0h6ZohGIWA    
gurlbrit
gurlbrit

Back to top Go down

Post by jcrbil Wed Mar 11, 2015 1:10 pm

Go to Sean's blog on patheos.com to see JP's comments on 2 b-ettes.

jcrbil

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Wed Mar 11, 2015 1:30 pm

Glad to see Sean say this. Notice I did not call him Yawn! Go Sean!

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by bleuberry Wed Mar 11, 2015 1:44 pm

It really is all yuck. no no

Kimmel - The Bachelorette 11 - Kaitlyn Bristowe - Tweets - IG - *Sleuthing* - *Spoilers* - Discussion - Page 2 6rj59l

In a little glass church built from the inspiration of dreams,  their vows danced through the air 
like smoke from a vigil candle, consummating a love now deeply matured. -Zak Waddell
bleuberry
bleuberry

Back to top Go down

Post by jen689 Wed Mar 11, 2015 1:50 pm

gurlbrit wrote:...The Bachelor and The Bachelorette still have a certain amount of credibility....People watch it because they hope to see people find true love...."
Britt and Kaitlyn signed a contract knowing there is a 50/50 chance they will either stay or go.    

I hope the rejected Bachelorette has the opportunity to pick out of few of her favorite men from the show.  The producers cast them all to participate on BIP.  She is then given a third opportunity to find true love from the franchise.

jen689

Female Posts : 3056

Back to top Go down

Post by soccermom333 Wed Mar 11, 2015 2:15 pm

I agree with JP that TPTB are loving this! They are ruthless and love the chatter they are getting. JP plans on watching and I would not be surprised if TPTB are contacting alumni and promising them a free trip to LA for the premiere if they continue to "talk' about the next season.

Ruthless! partytime :stirthepot :uptonogood
soccermom333
soccermom333

Female Posts : 6543

Back to top Go down

Post by Ladybug82 Wed Mar 11, 2015 2:35 pm

I agree with JP that all the discussion is exactly what they want.  But I disagree with him that everyone will still tune in anyway, I will not be watching if it's Britt.  I find it hard to make myself sit down and watch tv during the summer as it is, but I will not watch a lead I don't care for at all.  #teamkaitlyn
Ladybug82
Ladybug82

Female Posts : 9471

Back to top Go down

Post by gurlbrit Wed Mar 11, 2015 5:42 pm

I tweeted Mike Fleiss about the salon.com article, here's his response to me!

"@gurlbrit: @fleissmeister did U rly intend for Bachette to become this controversial salon.com/2015/03/10/the…” Don't judge before you see it!"

gurlbrit
gurlbrit

Back to top Go down

Post by pavalygurl Wed Mar 11, 2015 6:43 pm

Kashathediva wrote:Glad to see Sean say this. Notice I did not call him Yawn! Go Sean!

I noticed Kasha. I will give credit where due. I respect him for saying this. Not sure of why but good that he did.

pavalygurl

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Wed Mar 11, 2015 6:54 pm

There is always hope for change! Never lose hope! Smiley

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 80 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 41 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

The Bachelorette 11 - Kaitlyn Bristowe - Tweets - IG - *Sleuthing* - *Spoilers* - Discussion

+73
Lucas15
MVMom39forever
colie079
KDizzle
Wanderlust
Monalisamiami83
emusha
happygolucky
Emmabee
cindebugg
Gale1