SELECT CONTENT

Britt Nilsson - Bachelorette 11 - Discussion

Page 39 of 61 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40 ... 50 ... 61  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

nashville - Britt Nilsson - Bachelorette 11 - Discussion - Page 39 Empty Re: Britt Nilsson - Bachelorette 11 - Discussion

Post by Sprite Tue Jan 12, 2016 10:45 pm

StacyNor wrote:I don't get being friends with someone on the show has to do with anything. Becca and Whitney are friends with the dislikeable and crude Kaitlyn but that doesn't make me judge Whitney and Becca any less. I actually like the other two, while Kaitlyn just annoys me to no end. Andi is friends with Catherine and I adore Catherine while I don't give a damn about Andi. From what we have seen from Britt after the show, it shows a woman that has stuck to her values and staying true to herself. I really appreciate that from her, she was judged harshly on the show until fans now realize they got more than they bargained for with Kaitlyn while she found love outside the show and seems happy. Be careful what you you wish for, you might get it. Now most people that wanted Kaitlyn cant stand her... God really does work in mysterious ways.

I was just saying that even people who may have not gotten along on the show, seem to get over it rather quickly once they are out of the bachelor bubble. They don't seem to hold the show against each other for the most part.

From what I understand, Britt doesn't do a lot on SM so it is harder to see who ... if anyone ... she maintains a friendship with from the show. To me she is rather different than most of the people off the show. I see her as a throwback ... kind of a hippie type if you will. While there have been plenty of cast members who are into their faith, she sort of stands alone for me in her bohemian ways if that makes sense.

Catherine and Andi are friends? I mean they seem to occasionally respond to each other, because they are both alums but I don't see them as friends. Acquaintances at best. Andi and Kelly on the other hand seem to be pretty good friends.

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

nashville - Britt Nilsson - Bachelorette 11 - Discussion - Page 39 Empty Re: Britt Nilsson - Bachelorette 11 - Discussion

Post by Guest Tue Jan 12, 2016 10:51 pm

She is pretty active on IG (at least 1-2 posts/day), but the only friend from the show she ever posts about is Megan (the ditzy one). I think she said that they talk everyday. She used to be friends with Jillian and Nikki, but I haven't seen any posts about them recently.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 12, 2016 11:22 pm

albean99 wrote:Didn't Britt seem to go out of her way to make the others feel she was the competition? They knew what she was like around them and that she was different around Chris so it's natural that they'd have blamed her for some of the things. Of course Chris could have "manned up" and defused the situation but he's not that smooth. Luckily they're all out of that situation, other than Becca, so don't have to be friends if they don't want to.

I agree, and this is why I never thought she was being judged harshly. All other girls were being judged too, like Whitney's voice, which she cannot have any control about that.

It's more about Britt's own attitude in the show that people had problem with. Just like Sharleen mentioned, Britt is always ON, which could be very annoying. I for one cannot live with someone like that, her energy and her OTT attitude about everything, are just too much. Not to mention, the way she confronted Chris twice, especially one in front of other girls, were bad enough.

Back to top Go down

Post by mindless Wed Jan 13, 2016 8:48 am

She also acted very entitled. When the other girls got date cards or were on dates or came back and started telling what happened, Britt would start crying about how hard it is for her. She was acting like Chris was her man and everyone else was there just to make her love life harder. Sorry, but the poor misunderstood Britt thing doesn't fly with me at all. I'm not saying she's a bad person or intentionally mean, just thoughtless and self-centered. There's being real and then there's being inconsiderate. She may very well be a highly emotional person, but that doesn't make it OK to pour those emotions out anywhere to anyone with no concern for how it makes them feel. People like that are just immature IMO.
mindless
mindless

Back to top Go down

Post by rhondam Wed Jan 13, 2016 1:49 pm

It is obviously to me that she is highly emotional and all of them (that had any feelings for Chris) would've felt the same way as she did about hearing about others' dates. Her mistake, and she admitted this on WTA and said she felt really really bad, was processing her feelings outloud and she regretted that and apologized to the women for it. She said she spent a lot of time trying to determine if her and Chris could work. Look she had an immediate connection with him on night one and their feelings toward each other only increased. He was singling her out with attention in front of the other women, so I can't help but believe it was obvious to all of them what was developing between them. The top ones saw her as a huge threat and admitted their worry about her. She was selfish (like we all would/should be) and trying really hard to figure out if Chris was someone she could see a life with bc she couldn't deny her feelings (which I think caught her off guard). I can definitely see being very conflicted in that situation. She should've processed internally though, especially because there weren't any real friends around, despite them seeing the obvious relationship between her and C, to talk to.
rhondam
rhondam

Female Posts : 2142

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 13, 2016 2:31 pm

mindless wrote:She also acted very entitled. When the other girls got date cards or were on dates or came back and started telling what happened, Britt would start crying about how hard it is for her. She was acting like Chris was her man and everyone else was there just to make her love life harder. Sorry, but the poor misunderstood Britt thing doesn't fly with me at all. I'm not saying she's a bad person or intentionally mean, just thoughtless and self-centered. There's being real and then there's being inconsiderate. She may very well be a highly emotional person, but that doesn't make it OK to pour those emotions out anywhere to anyone with no concern for how it makes them feel. People like that are just immature IMO.  

She was so entitled! I remember Jade apologizing to HER, for daring to go on a date with Chris. The worst was definitely at the WTA when she said she knew she would have ended up with Chris, if it hadn't been for Carly. Even if that was true (which I don't think it was), how disrespectful is that to Whitney? Becca got asked a very similar question after the finale and she never said "yup! if I had just said ILY, he'd be all mine! just so you all know, whitney was second choice!" And that probably was true! It's called having consideration for others, which Britt had zero of.

I think it was Graham that said that the show just takes one part of your personality and exaggerates it 100 fold. I'm sure that Britt has a lot of wonderful qualities that we never got to see, but that doesn't mean she wasn't also selfish, entitled, thoughtless, and overly emotional. JMO.

Back to top Go down

Post by mindless Wed Jan 13, 2016 3:10 pm

And that super long hug at the WTA? Talk about disrespectful. She definitely wouldn't have ended up with Chris no matter what. There already seemed to be little love lost there at the time of the WTA and this week on Bachelor Live, Chris kept comparing Olivia to Britt. He once again underlined that when looking for a wife he wanted to find someone who could handle themselves in a group setting, which certainly applies to his F2 women. Britt not so much. That was always the main issue, not whether she was fake or real, which is what the TPTB tried to sell us to amp up the drama between her and Carly. Chris saw that she wasn't the kind of person he wanted by his side and that had little to do with what Carly said, or Jade. The fact that Britt still hasn't acknowledged that tells a lot. Last time I checked she was still blaming Carly and the edit.
mindless
mindless

Back to top Go down

Post by Nonina430 Wed Jan 13, 2016 5:20 pm

As you can tell by posts I'm not into cookie cutter type individuals.
Sarah Jessica Parker said it best by referring to these types
" The Real People" The different bring us change, evolution 
if you may. I think of David Bowie may he RIP. Who not to
many know,  helped to bring down the Berlin Wall. That's 
where Heroes came from.Which he wrote a decade before 
it occurred. He wept while singing a concert at the wall hearing singing
On the other side. Britt be happy.

Nonina430

Back to top Go down

Post by rhondam Wed Jan 13, 2016 6:17 pm

nothatgirl wrote:
mindless wrote:She also acted very entitled. When the other girls got date cards or were on dates or came back and started telling what happened, Britt would start crying about how hard it is for her. She was acting like Chris was her man and everyone else was there just to make her love life harder. Sorry, but the poor misunderstood Britt thing doesn't fly with me at all. I'm not saying she's a bad person or intentionally mean, just thoughtless and self-centered. There's being real and then there's being inconsiderate. She may very well be a highly emotional person, but that doesn't make it OK to pour those emotions out anywhere to anyone with no concern for how it makes them feel. People like that are just immature IMO.  

She was so entitled! I remember Jade apologizing to HER, for daring to go on a date with Chris. The worst was definitely at the WTA when she said she knew she would have ended up with Chris, if it hadn't been for Carly. Even if that was true (which I don't think it was), how disrespectful is that to Whitney? Becca got asked a very similar question after the finale and she never said "yup! if I had just said ILY, he'd be all mine! just so you all know, whitney was second choice!" And that probably was true! It's called having consideration for others, which Britt had zero of.

I think it was Graham that said that the show just takes one part of your personality and exaggerates it 100 fold. I'm sure that Britt has a lot of wonderful qualities that we never got to see, but that doesn't mean she wasn't also selfish, entitled, thoughtless, and overly emotional. JMO.

I'm not trying to change minds here but I do want to explain why I see Britt so differently. I wouldn't say she felt entitled, which would mean she laid claim to him, but it is my opinion that if each woman concentrated on their own relationship and tried to figure out if it was even suitable for them like Britt was doing and they all should be doing throughout the entire process, I believe they would've understood what place she was coming from instead of assuming it was one of entitlement.

I believe she really did have an internal (and sometimes external no no ) struggle about her conflicting intense feelings for Chris vs the long-lasting compatibility of what may or may not be. So I can easily see how her one-track mind of trying to sort out her feelings would lead the women and the viewers to believe this self-centeredness meant she thought she was "it". On the other hand, I came to believe that she was just very unaware and overly emotional because of being so engrossed and concerned with her own welfare. I am fairly certain that she didn't set out to play games with any of the women's heads like Olivia is doing.

At the WTA I believe what she said was misinterpreted by many. What I think she was trying to say was, if Carly hadn't twisted her words (intentionally or not) about Arlington when talking to Chris, she would/or would not be with him because of something either of them did or decided to do and that that would have nothing to do with Carly. And you are right, she was very unaware of her words and their affects on others and it very likely did hurt Whitney. I honestly don't think she was thinking about anyone but herself, she was obviously still hurting.... Just think, she thought Carly was her friend because Carly let her believe that and now she's watching it all unfold on TV and sees the betrayal from "her friend". Add she still believed she had feelings for Chris and I can see why she was an emotional mess on WTA. About Jade, I do not remember this apology but if she did, that would be on her, not on Britt.

Last edited by rhondam on Wed Jan 13, 2016 6:24 pm; edited 2 times in total
rhondam
rhondam

Back to top Go down

Post by bleuberry Wed Jan 13, 2016 6:22 pm

Britt was weird on the show and got on my nerves, so can't imagine what the people who actually lived with her thought. Idk, for some it brings out their worst traits. I can easily say that I like her 100x times better off the show laugh out loud. I think she's a good person, just all wrong for a TV dating show competing with other women.

nashville - Britt Nilsson - Bachelorette 11 - Discussion - Page 39 6rj59l

In a little glass church built from the inspiration of dreams,  their vows danced through the air 
like smoke from a vigil candle, consummating a love now deeply matured. -Zak Waddell
bleuberry
bleuberry

Back to top Go down

Post by rhondam Wed Jan 13, 2016 6:27 pm

^ I wholeheartedly agree—this was not the right venue for her!
rhondam
rhondam

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 13, 2016 9:06 pm

Rhonda, I get what you mean and I understand an emotional girl like Britt could be conflicting inside about this and that, but this is exactly about maturity and considerate that she lack of. It is also why some of us think she is an entitled brat, she can process her feelings out loud, just because she has feelings for chris? It's like telling other girls, "hey, it's my game to lose, so I have all the right to be mad."

This is how I see her during the show, she has issues, just like all other girls, and it is not necessarily about jealousy.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 39 of 61 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40 ... 50 ... 61  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Britt Nilsson - Bachelorette 11 - Discussion

+95
sparkler
North
Norcalgal
missnana
SafronSahara