SELECT CONTENT

DWTS Season 20 - Episode Discussion - *Spoilers - Sleuthing*

Page 30 of 70 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 50 ... 70  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

teamsouleshakers - DWTS Season 20 - Episode Discussion - *Spoilers - Sleuthing*  - Page 30 Empty Re: DWTS Season 20 - Episode Discussion - *Spoilers - Sleuthing*

Post by lurker11 Mon Apr 06, 2015 11:33 pm

imo, The judges have warped judging when it comes to older contestants and they fawn over the idea of having certain iconic celebs on the show. Much like they were obsessed with Tommy Chong last season, they are obsessed with Ms. Patti this season.
lurker11
lurker11

Back to top Go down

teamsouleshakers - DWTS Season 20 - Episode Discussion - *Spoilers - Sleuthing*  - Page 30 Empty Re: DWTS Season 20 - Episode Discussion - *Spoilers - Sleuthing*

Post by Guest Mon Apr 06, 2015 11:34 pm

lurker11 wrote:It's been my impression from DWTS blogs that the judges know relatively who is doing amazing in votes. Their comments regarding Chris make me think he's beating some of the top people in votes. In past seasons they've had to prop up people who probably weren't killing it in votes. I'm assuming they want to push Chris to the bottom.

I'd say so. They're trying to talk Chris down. I liked his dance, it was as good as last week for me when he was praised. Clearly the scores/comments/jeopardy were trying to prop Willow and Ryker, who must be underachieving in votes (not surprising since they are younger and the voting demo is older) BUT TOTB want yo have then around, I guess. Willow's score was nuts. And I don't remember the judges so obviously saying "vote for her/him" like they did with both willow and Ryker tonight. I never get thEse show adgendas, because why not keep the couples that are resonating most with your viewers?

Back to top Go down

Post by Rolly Mon Apr 06, 2015 11:38 pm

Jolena wrote:
cindebugg wrote:1-855-234-5602

:Thanktwo

And you can also vote on line (ABC.com) and if you have a DH or roommate you can have them vote by phone (landline and cell) and also on line. Chris needs our support! bestbud!
Rolly
Rolly

Female Posts : 3913

Back to top Go down

Post by lurker11 Mon Apr 06, 2015 11:40 pm

relaxing wrote:
lurker11 wrote:It's been my impression from DWTS blogs that the judges know relatively who is doing amazing in votes. Their comments regarding Chris make me think he's beating some of the top people in votes. In past seasons they've had to prop up people who probably weren't killing it in votes. I'm assuming they want to push Chris to the bottom.

I'd say so.  They're trying to talk Chris down.  I liked his dance, it was as good as last week for me when he was praised.  Clearly the scores/comments/jeopardy were trying to prop Willow and Ryker, who must be underachieving in votes (not surprising since they are younger and the voting demo is older) BUT TOTB want yo have then around, I guess.  Willow's score was nuts.  And I don't remember the judges so obviously saying "vote for her/him" like they did with both willow and Ryker tonight.  I never get thEse show adgendas, because why not keep the couples that are resonating most with your viewers?

it's more important to keep a pro like Mark Ballas, besties with Derek and who has famous important dance parents happy than it is to keep pros like Witney happy. Witney is 21 and will be around for years, they have plenty of time to give her her due. It was rumored Mark would leave after last season and the treatment he and Sadie got. They can't risk losing Mark who is one of their most popular pros.

Last edited by lurker11 on Mon Apr 06, 2015 11:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
lurker11
lurker11

Back to top Go down

Post by KB_Mom Mon Apr 06, 2015 11:43 pm

Every week I make my kids let me use their cell phones to max the number of times I can vote for Chris.  Of course they think I am nuts.  :crazed

"Learning is a gift. Even when pain is your teacher." Maya Watson
KB_Mom
KB_Mom

Female Posts : 2514

Back to top Go down

Post by Rolly Mon Apr 06, 2015 11:47 pm

KB_Mom wrote:Every week I make my kids let me use their cell phones to max the number of times I can vote for Chris.  Of course they think I am nuts.  :crazed

I know exactly what your talking about.... giggling
Rolly
Rolly

Female Posts : 3913

Back to top Go down

Post by mindless Mon Apr 06, 2015 11:57 pm

I watched SYTYCD for years and have taken dance lessons in various styles myself and I thought the judges were perfectly fair with their scores this week. His extensions were so half-assed and he had to take an extra step at least a couple of times to steady himself. And Witney did most of the dancing anyway. Last week he at least nailed the little he did, except for the awkward turning lift, and most importantly he had the right attitude for the dance. So one point less than last week for this dance that even my non-dancing bf thought was bad, seems pretty accurate.

Patti definitely gets a few extra points for being Patti, but it was her best dance so far I think.
mindless
mindless

Back to top Go down

Post by northernviewer Tue Apr 07, 2015 12:04 am

I think the older dancers should be scored with their age taken into consideration, the same as a person with a handicap should be. Otherwise, they shouldn't be invited to compete because it's a physical impossibility for them to be as good as a younger, physically stronger person is. Nothing irks me more than the criticism older ones get.... Buzz aldrin comes to mind. They were plain old mean to him, and I was disgusted with the judges for some of the things they said.

The (FRC) Proposal..."Will you marry me because I'd really like to date you"
northernviewer
northernviewer

Female Posts : 5386

Back to top Go down

Post by mtnlvr55 Tue Apr 07, 2015 12:14 am

teamsouleshakers - DWTS Season 20 - Episode Discussion - *Spoilers - Sleuthing*  - Page 30 11139787_10153191016551740_5239639616471977681_n
Interesting that Melissa Rycroft is touring with the group.

Dancing with the Stars
mtnlvr55
mtnlvr55

Female Posts : 1417

Back to top Go down

Post by mtnlvr55 Tue Apr 07, 2015 12:31 am

witneyfacts
2 hours ago
Wishing #TeamSouleShakers the best tonight and please vote for them! Call 1-855-234-5602, ABC.com, or Facebook
teamsouleshakers - DWTS Season 20 - Episode Discussion - *Spoilers - Sleuthing*  - Page 30 11142830_1567168683536099_1875791864_n
mtnlvr55
mtnlvr55

Female Posts : 1417

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 07, 2015 12:36 am

I loved tonight's show! I'm not a big fan of Nastia. Her dancing was excellent, as she always is, but I get absolutely no emotion from her, I agreed with Len, so it leaves me feeling flat. Rumer, I liked, her moves are powerful. Michael didn't and hasn't thrilled me, so I was okay with him leaving tonight. Ryker, I enjoyed watching him, different flare to their dance with the music choice. I didn't realize he's cousins with Julianne and Derek... interesting, but the boy can move and has charisma. I thought Chris was okay, he compared to Michael or Susanne, so I don't think he deserved a 6 whatsoever! Patti Labelle needs to go. Yes, she's a hoot, but she's not doing much different from week to week, other than the "Patti shuffle", and no one want to say so because it's P.L. I love watching Noah, it amazes me what he can do, I'm in complete aw of the lifts he's been doing. I hope he stays for a little while. Willow was okay,but I don't think it was worthy of 3 10's! My favorites this season are Robert and Kym. I love that he has no dance experience and their chemistry is memorizing, that make me smile and that's what I like.

I agree with the discussion above that the judges score according to the viewers votes. They make that pretty obvious.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kristinkko Tue Apr 07, 2015 1:14 am

You can also clear your history and cookies and vote over and over online until 8 pm Eastern time tomorrow.
Kristinkko
Kristinkko

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 30 of 70 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 50 ... 70  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

DWTS Season 20 - Episode Discussion - *Spoilers - Sleuthing*

+76
onlyme
LindaPete
Ayana
nannymargie
Jeepers