SELECT CONTENT

Shawn Booth - Bachelorette 11 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion

Page 74 of 80 Previous  1 ... 38 ... 73, 74, 75 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

GirlPower - Shawn Booth - Bachelorette 11 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion - Page 74 Empty Re: Shawn Booth - Bachelorette 11 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion

Post by agentcurls Fri Jun 12, 2015 9:48 am

When I had CC on during next week's pv, Shawn appeared to have said "...this guy is full of (bleep)..." He could've been talking about a past experience or something unrelated to Nick but we shall see.

Joey & Kelsey - You're the One

Joey & Kelsey - Why I Love You
agentcurls
agentcurls

Back to top Go down

GirlPower - Shawn Booth - Bachelorette 11 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion - Page 74 Empty Re: Shawn Booth - Bachelorette 11 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion

Post by emusha Fri Jun 12, 2015 10:00 am

I find neither tweet offensive nutty -- just to clarify -- any point I have made is taking into consideration his overall sm demeanor towards K
emusha
emusha

Back to top Go down

Post by nd4reality Fri Jun 12, 2015 10:29 am

Lucas15 wrote:
AllAboutLove wrote:There are some things that make me question:
... first season promo VO of Shawn saying "How am I supposed to fall in love with a girl who is out with other guys?"
... him saying to the other guys in the past Episode if K wants a guy like Nick, then she is not for him.

Imo, these little things are being kept in the edit, whether spliced or diced.
They are not on the cutting floor and if the spoiler is correct then they serve Shawn and not Kailtyn.
Given how Kaitlyn is being edited, it seems this may be the case, especially if Shawn is being tipped as next lead.

IMO it's too early for the show to be making any decisions about who will be the next lead; they have right until mid September to announce that and they will likely take all of the time they can. That said:

I think the edit choices of what to put in and what to leave out set up a scenario for Shawn to step into the lead role should they decide he's who they want. In particular his line "if K wants a guy like Nick, then she is not for me" strikes me as not organic but something the show "fed" to him to say and it's very much like the setup they gave Ali (who went on to be the next lead) on Jake's season. IMO so far the door for Shawn to be the next lead has been left very much open.

Well some seasons they pre-determine the next lead prior to the show airing or rather, the elimination of that contestant airing. Farmer Chris is the most recent example. RS had spoiled him as next lead right in the beginning when he told us that Josh was F1.

It will really all depend on his elimination from the show . Maybe the top guys (f2/f6) has more dramatic eliminations. Otherwise the role would go to someone who has more of a solid background like a dentist. yes

As of now I see that the edit is pointing to annoyed/angry Shawn. I really don't see how that is setting him up for next lead but that is just me. What they are setting up is a storyline which goes either that he is the redeemer (or sorts laugh out loud) or that is why she ended up alone.

JP also had a similar sort of storyline. While he was consistently there for Ash he was also angry with the situation he found himself in regarding what he perceived as the quality of the other guys she was dating. They showed his jealousy front and center. Like he did not know the premise of the show Rolling Eyes :P . But that was his storyline - the supportive yet angry f1-to-be.

nd4reality
nd4reality

Female Posts : 13685

Back to top Go down

Post by nd4reality Fri Jun 12, 2015 10:43 am

I was going to add to my previous post but this is a completely different question so needs a different post.

What exactly are Shawns "credentials" other than having washboard abs which almost all of the 25 contestants + Nick has ?

This is not a dis on him (I like him) but so curious why he is such a big deal.

Team #:tinfoil
iPad mini typos Embarassed  . So sorry.
nd4reality
nd4reality

Female Posts : 13685

Back to top Go down

Post by agentcurls Fri Jun 12, 2015 10:47 am

So, Shawn didn't even have a group date for the first round of dates. It has me thinking that they did have some amazing chemistry from the get go, & it was a strategic move on the part of tptb & K to put the "pause button" on it.
K was pretty gushy about him and taken aback by his confidence, and as a way to keep him on his toes, she left him out of that first round of dates. I think it's pretty telling. Even JP got a group date. Can't remember if Roberto did that first week.
Nick's presence is no doubt rocking the boat now. How much? Time will tell. She did seem very torn about letting Nick in. My guess is because she had already started painting "the fairytale fantasy" on the canvas in her head about a certain someone.
And yet, Shawn's edit this past episode does seem to to tilt towards separating himself from Nick & K and the jealousy is coming out.
No matter if he demonstrates a bit of the green-eyed monster, maybe he will be the one that K just can't let go (a la' Jillian's Ed). No girl wants a guy to be indifferent about something like that after all. K might be the type that gets her panties in a twist about guys being jealous over her.

Joey & Kelsey - You're the One

Joey & Kelsey - Why I Love You
agentcurls
agentcurls

Back to top Go down

Post by julychild Fri Jun 12, 2015 10:51 am

nd4reality wrote:I was going to add to my previous post but this is a completely different question so needs a different post.

What exactly are Shawns "credentials" other than having washboard abs which almost all of the 25 contestants + Nick has ?

This is not a dis on him (I like him) but so curious why he is such a big deal.

He is a "big deal" because he was edited that way. Whether we like it or not, viewers are manipulated into feeling one way or the other about the key players on reality TV shows. He might as well be a BD in real life too but as far as this show is concerned we have been forced to notice him. We will find out why soon enough.

julychild

Back to top Go down

Post by nutty1 Fri Jun 12, 2015 11:00 am

I think if I didn't read spoilers, I may not even remember who Shawn was.

"My goal in life is to be as good of a person as my dogs already think I am"    
"God puts the right people in our lives when the timing is just right." - Jef
"Love is everything it's cracked up to be…It really is worth fighting for, being brave for, risking everything for" - Nick
"What I felt for you was greater than a moment" - Nick
"I knew I loved you right away & I didn't even know why" - Ben
"You're my person" - Lauren
nutty1
nutty1

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Fri Jun 12, 2015 11:04 am

They pretty much do this every season with someone hidden.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by jojo47 Fri Jun 12, 2015 11:27 am

nd4reality wrote:
bleuberry wrote:If he's f1, it would be a fun surprise if he basically never mentioned her. Did Des's Chris talk about her at all on SM.
Correct. Neither did josh. Nor any other f1.
All contestants should keep their thoughts of the season to themselves imo.

She is a big girl who makes her own decisions and should be able to defend them on her own, without her suitors on soc media using stupid hashtags.
Shawn can post or not post what he wants just like the board favorite. It's his journey also just like the other contestants.

Kaitlyn has taken heat on SM this week for bringing Nick back. Shawn is a critical part of this storyline, in that he personally has issue with Nick's return. I really don't think the show wants him tweeting in Kaitlyn's defense on this subject right now.

The epi description for this week has this for Shawn's date:

One last one-on-one date for the week involves a sincere man who spends the day kayaking with the Bachelorette and tries to make her feel better about her shaky situation with some of the men. But in a moving exchange, he opens up to Kaitlyn about a life-changing event and his already whirlwind feelings for her.

He may not wholeheartedly be telling Kaitlyn that it's alright she brought Nick back, but he's clearly trying to make her feel better about it at some level.
jojo47
jojo47

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 12, 2015 11:29 am

nutty1 wrote:I think if I didn't read spoilers, I may not even remember who Shawn was.

clapping! thumbsup I agree

Back to top Go down

Post by sdmom Fri Jun 12, 2015 12:31 pm

I didn't find his first tweet offensive and understood he's trying to make a joke. But then he brought up her name again on Ben's IG, both times without prompting, plus he faved TeamKaitlyn or TeamCaitlyn. To me, it seems Shawn is trying to be funny at the expense of Kaitlyn. It's one thing to not support her publicly, but  another thing to try to be funny when there's so much against her. I don know.....
Maybe Kaitlyn got his humor but I don't, nor after three questionable tweets, IMO of course.

"Even if I knew that tomorrow the world would go to pieces, I would still plant my apple tree"~ Martin Luther
sdmom
sdmom

Back to top Go down

Post by SueSt Fri Jun 12, 2015 12:36 pm

nd4reality wrote: (snipped) As of now I see that the edit is pointing to annoyed/angry Shawn. I really don't see how that is setting him up for next lead but that is just me. What they are setting up is a storyline which goes either that he is the redeemer (or sorts laugh out loud) or that is why she ended up alone.

JP also had a similar sort of storyline. While he was consistently there for Ash he was also angry with the situation he found himself in regarding what he perceived as the quality of the other guys she was dating. They showed his jealousy front and center. Like he did not know the premise of the show  Rolling Eyes  :P . But that was his storyline - the supportive yet angry f1-to-be.

giggling
SueSt
SueSt

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 74 of 80 Previous  1 ... 38 ... 73, 74, 75 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Shawn Booth - Bachelorette 11 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion

+76
mprssdbyu
FLChica
traveler90
maniluh
Cecilia