SELECT CONTENT

Chris Soules & Whitney Bischoff - Bachelor 19 - Discussion - #2

Page 29 of 73 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 51 ... 73  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

chrissoules - Chris Soules & Whitney Bischoff - Bachelor 19 - Discussion - #2 - Page 29 Empty Re: Chris Soules & Whitney Bischoff - Bachelor 19 - Discussion - #2

Post by albean99 Tue May 05, 2015 9:39 am

Lucas15 wrote:
MiniDiva wrote:
star_D wrote:Yes. According to my little research :Embarrassed!: (I feel I am a stalker), her mother died [on] 05/04/2005.

Thank you for sharing that info as it explains a lot to me as anniversary dates of loss are very significant to those left behind.  sad

Indeed it does. I was curious why she planned to stay after the Kentucky Derby; to be with her family on the 10th anniversary of her mother's death explains why. In fact, this article explains a lot about where Whitney is and why she wasn't in LA with Chris last night:

Fox News Article

“We’re making the best of a really cool situation that we’re both a part of that’s not going to last much longer. I think that people pay way too much attention to other people’s lives. We’re just normal people and living a kind of abnormal life for a couple more weeks,” he said.

I love this quote from the article. Of course that's what we do here but still it's a good point. :Nod:

Whitney was pretty clear about going back to L.A. although it's likely Chris could be going home tonight. I'm pretty sure that's why he's so unsure about it. He'll be there for the finale in any case so even if he's off the show they'll be in L.A. for the 18/19th.

"Love is the Only Reality" -Ed Lambton
albean99
albean99

Female Posts : 15357

Back to top Go down

chrissoules - Chris Soules & Whitney Bischoff - Bachelor 19 - Discussion - #2 - Page 29 Empty Re: Chris Soules & Whitney Bischoff - Bachelor 19 - Discussion - #2

Post by mindless Tue May 05, 2015 9:45 am

If people didn't pay too much attention to other people's lives, Chris would've been back on that farm for the past year instead of on teevee. Just saying. I hate when attention whores say things like that.
mindless
mindless

Back to top Go down

Post by bleuberry Tue May 05, 2015 9:48 am

mindless wrote:If people didn't pay too much attention to other people's lives, Chris would've been back on that farm for the past year instead of on teevee. Just saying. I hate when attention whores say things like that.

He probably (naively) thought people would stop inquiring once the show ended since they don't really feed into the couple fandom we're so used to.

chrissoules - Chris Soules & Whitney Bischoff - Bachelor 19 - Discussion - #2 - Page 29 6rj59l

In a little glass church built from the inspiration of dreams,  their vows danced through the air 
like smoke from a vigil candle, consummating a love now deeply matured. -Zak Waddell
bleuberry
bleuberry

Back to top Go down

Post by albean99 Tue May 05, 2015 9:54 am

Chris is anything but smooth so probably not a great comment to make but I liked it maybe because of that. You're forced to take the bad with the good when you choose to be on tv but doesn't mean you have to like it. I'm so glad my boys would never go on a reality show.

"Love is the Only Reality" -Ed Lambton
albean99
albean99

Female Posts : 15357

Back to top Go down

Post by FLChica Tue May 05, 2015 9:57 am

albean99 wrote:
Lucas15 wrote:
MiniDiva wrote:

Thank you for sharing that info as it explains a lot to me as anniversary dates of loss are very significant to those left behind.  sad

Indeed it does. I was curious why she planned to stay after the Kentucky Derby; to be with her family on the 10th anniversary of her mother's death explains why. In fact, this article explains a lot about where Whitney is and why she wasn't in LA with Chris last night:

Fox News Article

“We’re making the best of a really cool situation that we’re both a part of that’s not going to last much longer. I think that people pay way too much attention to other people’s lives. We’re just normal people and living a kind of abnormal life for a couple more weeks,” he said.

I love this quote from the article. Of course that's what we do here but still it's a good point. :Nod:

Whitney was pretty clear about going back to L.A. although it's likely Chris could be going home tonight. I'm pretty sure that's why he's so unsure about it. He'll be there for the finale in any case so even if he's off the show they'll be in L.A. for the 18/19th.
Chris is right and that's what makes it possible for folks like the Kardashians to become famous just for being famous. 

I've always felt that an entertainer or athlete is entitled to privacy in their personal life. When the movie ends-game is over-concert complete, my "rights" to them is over. They've fulfilled their obligation to me, so to speak.   yes

PRIDE is concerned with WHO is right. Humility is concerned with what is right. 

** Tell the truth - even when it is unpopular. **
FLChica
FLChica

Female Posts : 1336

Back to top Go down

Post by mindless Tue May 05, 2015 9:59 am

bleuberry wrote:
mindless wrote:If people didn't pay too much attention to other people's lives, Chris would've been back on that farm for the past year instead of on teevee. Just saying. I hate when attention whores say things like that.

He probably (naively) thought people would stop inquiring since they don't really feed into the couple random we're so used to.

Then he is really naive. Having Whit in the audience clapping every week has been instrumental in keeping the votes coming his way, so obviously people are gonna notice her absence. I've seen people who don't even care about TB wondering about his fiancée missing on DWTS forums. And if he really wanted to keep it all private then he wouldn't be making #NationalLoversDay posts and whatnot. He knows he needs Whit to keep him in the competition, so complaining about people paying too much attention reeks of hypocricy IMHO.
mindless
mindless

Back to top Go down

Post by bleuberry Tue May 05, 2015 10:07 am

I do agree that he's naive. His privacy went out the window when he signed on the dotted line. And now he's paying the price, good and bad. They've been really fortunate IMO as they haven't had to weather too much tabloid drama, so if Whit not being at DWTS or why they aren't posting pics is the worst if it, I'd count myself lucky.

chrissoules - Chris Soules & Whitney Bischoff - Bachelor 19 - Discussion - #2 - Page 29 6rj59l

In a little glass church built from the inspiration of dreams,  their vows danced through the air 
like smoke from a vigil candle, consummating a love now deeply matured. -Zak Waddell
bleuberry
bleuberry

Back to top Go down

Post by FLChica Tue May 05, 2015 10:22 am

mindless wrote:
bleuberry wrote:

He probably (naively) thought people would stop inquiring since they don't really feed into the couple random we're so used to.

Then he is really naive. Having Whit in the audience clapping every week has been instrumental in keeping the votes coming his way, so obviously people are gonna notice her absence. I've seen people who don't even care about TB wondering about his fiancée missing on DWTS forums. And if he really wanted to keep it all private then he wouldn't be making #NationalLoversDay posts and whatnot. He knows he needs Whit to keep him in the competition, so complaining about people paying too much attention reeks of hypocricy IMHO.  
I get your point & I'm not being argumentative, but the word "all" is the key word. People in the public eye want and should be able to choose how much of their private life is shared. Posting a pic of his lover on #NationalLoversDay isn't sharing a private detail of their life. Chris told the literal, but not complete truth about Whitney's absence and it wasn't enough because "enquiring minds want to know". Judiciously sharing information while protecting his fiance' is the correct thing to do. IMHO.
FLChica
FLChica

Female Posts : 1336

Back to top Go down

Post by mindless Tue May 05, 2015 10:41 am

He would've saved himself a lot of grief by simply saying she'll be gone for a couple of weeks due to work and family matters. He gave birth to at least a dozen gossip rag stories by saying that he's "not existent" to her and that she's missing home and family. It's the oversharing that got the tabloids really going in this case, not the undersharing. Everyone says the wrong thing sometimes, but with Chris it seems to be a habit. Seems like someone walked him through what to say this time though, since that Fox article is much more eloquent.
mindless
mindless

Back to top Go down

Post by lipsis Tue May 05, 2015 10:52 am

IMO they signed up for the scrutiny when they agreed to be on TV so like it or not they need to deal with it. All of the media hoopla last week could have been avoided if they took control of what was out there and been forthcoming in the beginning. A simple "Whitney is in Kentucky for the Derby and to spend time with her family on the anniversary of her mothers death" would have quelled most of the gossip and a lot of the hate they received. Celeb's, and yes they are celebs at the moment, are best served by controlling their own narrative. They dont need to share the minutia but a truthful simple statement will go a long way with the public and ultimately give them (the celeb) more peace and privacy in the long run.

chrissoules - Chris Soules & Whitney Bischoff - Bachelor 19 - Discussion - #2 - Page 29 Samuel10chrissoules - Chris Soules & Whitney Bischoff - Bachelor 19 - Discussion - #2 - Page 29 Samuel10 chrissoules - Chris Soules & Whitney Bischoff - Bachelor 19 - Discussion - #2 - Page 29 Family10chrissoules - Chris Soules & Whitney Bischoff - Bachelor 19 - Discussion - #2 - Page 29 Samuel15chrissoules - Chris Soules & Whitney Bischoff - Bachelor 19 - Discussion - #2 - Page 29 Seanca10
"Where would you see us in like five years? What would our lives be like?" ~ Sean Lowe
"We would obviously be married, I hope. I wouldn't be surprised if there was a kid involved in five years." "And we would be happy!" ~ Catherine (Giudici) Lowe
lipsis
lipsis

Back to top Go down

Post by IrishGal Tue May 05, 2015 5:50 pm

Poor Chris. I really like him but sometimes I think he needs a handler 24/7.  giggling

Team Kaitlin!  Team Booth!
IrishGal
IrishGal

Female Posts : 3010

Back to top Go down

Post by bachfangal Tue May 05, 2015 6:05 pm

Everyone has his/her own opinion on how C/W should have and shouldn't have handled their own affairs.  We all feel  entitled just because both chose to be in public. "Naive" may have been the right word for him.  But we have to understand, these people are Reality TV personalities, they are not real celebs who have publicists, handlers and advisers.  They may be coached by producers at some point but not on every minute of their lives. They are not experts in this. Sure when they get into this, they expected to be in the limelight but not to this extent.

I really like interview with Foxnews. It portrayed Chris to as close as to what we saw him as the Bachelor -- the genuine all-american mid-western farmer.  The words he used just seemed straight to the point and honest.  It made his and Whitney's situation real and simple.
1) They are not big on social media.
2) They each have their own lives.  
3) "We’re just normal people and living a kind of abnormal life for a couple more weeks”

Taken in those context, there's really not much more to say.

Speculation catches on like wildfire in social media. I hope his interview to correct the rumors catches on as fast.  But then, does it really matter?  He'd be gone from TV soon enough.
All JMO

bachfangal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 29 of 73 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 51 ... 73  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Chris Soules & Whitney Bischoff - Bachelor 19 - Discussion - #2

+83
kdawng
ReneeM
CHO
timfan
mprssdbyu