SELECT CONTENT

MAFS - Australia - Season 1 - Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Page 2 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

MAFS - Australia - Season 1 - Discussion - *Sleuthing -  Spoilers*  - Page 2 Empty Re: MAFS - Australia - Season 1 - Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Post by just2relax Tue May 19, 2015 1:14 am

I am disappointed. There was not enough background on anyone or anything---I don't know much about any of the people matched, the experts seem so vague. A big thing was made out of the rancher living out in the middle of nowhere but nothing said about his "wife"'s views on living in the country. The only family we met was the rancher's mom and grandma who made a good impression, but do the other 3 not have family? I'll watch a little more but if there is not more depth it will be too silly for me.

just2relax

Back to top Go down

MAFS - Australia - Season 1 - Discussion - *Sleuthing -  Spoilers*  - Page 2 Empty Re: MAFS - Australia - Season 1 - Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Post by AEF Tue May 19, 2015 1:49 am

MAFS was a huge ratings success last night in Australia
http://www.smh.com.au/entertainment/tv-and-radio/nines-married-at-first-sight-to-get-second-series-20150519-gh4vc1.html

AEF

Back to top Go down

Post by cosmokramer Wed May 20, 2015 6:41 pm

just2relax wrote:I am disappointed.  There was not enough background on anyone or anything---I don't know much about any of the people matched, the experts seem so vague.  A big thing was made out of the rancher living out in the middle of nowhere but nothing said about his "wife"'s views on living in the country.  The only family we met was the rancher's mom and grandma who made a good impression, but do the other 3 not have family? I'll watch a little more but if there is not more depth it will be too silly for me.  

ITA. More so compared to the current US season of MAFS, where we saw a couple people in the casting special, then got to know a little bit more of the final 6. Here it was just boom these 4, weddings, now the other 4 and weddings. I didn't realize the lack of knowledge of the couples until we saw them after the wedding and I wgot into them for the first time, before that, they were as strangers to us as they were to their partners.

I'm sure this will change as the show goes on, we'll see them living together, getting to know each other and so on. I guess I'll find out more about each one of them as their partners do.

cosmokramer

Back to top Go down

Post by thirteen Sun May 24, 2015 8:22 pm

I really liked the first episode! Can't wait to watch more and I think there is some great potential with the first two couples. Smiley

Don't judge people on who they used to be. Allow them to be who they are. See them "now". Not "then".
thirteen
thirteen

Female Posts : 414

Back to top Go down

Post by AEF Tue May 26, 2015 1:33 am

These interviews were presumably filmed very recently and I am sure I read this was filmed over six months ago. Body language looks good.
http://aca.ninemsn.com.au/article/8991111/married-at-first-sight\\
http://aca.ninemsn.com.au/article/8991111/married-at-first-sight

AEF

Back to top Go down

Post by robinvi Tue May 26, 2015 6:15 pm

I agree the success might be due to the fact that they weren't legally married. Less pressure than the American versions. Plus overall better matches, it could be the generally more laid back vibe of Aussies.
robinvi
robinvi

Back to top Go down

Post by nuts2uiam Wed May 27, 2015 11:36 am

where do you watch? HULU???
nuts2uiam
nuts2uiam

Female Posts : 719

Back to top Go down

Post by thirteen Wed May 27, 2015 7:49 pm

nuts2uiam wrote:where do you watch?  HULU???
You can watch it here:

http://ontv.to/show/married-at-first-sight-australia

Don't judge people on who they used to be. Allow them to be who they are. See them "now". Not "then".
thirteen
thirteen

Female Posts : 414

Back to top Go down

Post by ThankMeLater Thu May 28, 2015 11:45 pm

Watched the first ep and love it! I have hope that at least 2 or 3 will make it.

ThankMeLater

Female Posts : 3528

Back to top Go down

Post by AEF Sat May 30, 2015 8:44 pm

Second episode was just as strong as the first and also nailed the ratings. I think Australians are relating to the fact of how real these people seem to be and how they interact in everyday life (that scene of the boys sitting around with Michael and they way spoke to each other was classic).

Chemistry was so strong between James and Michelle but guess we have seen that initial chemistry is not the only indicator on this show. Again thought these next two couples appear to be good matches although in different ways from the first two and all really likable. Seems all these individuals are committed to finding someone so maybe that will neutralise the not really married part. As well as what has been pointed out - takes the pressure cooker situation away where past emotions and experiences seem to well up along with defences.

If successful these couples could really have a true wedding ceremony and get married at the finale!

AEF

Back to top Go down

Post by ThankMeLater Sat May 30, 2015 8:52 pm

^ I agree. I really enjoyed the first two eps. All the couples are likable and seem very real. I'm excited for this season Smiley

ThankMeLater

Female Posts : 3528

Back to top Go down

Post by charriotoffire Sun May 31, 2015 10:24 pm

I like all the couples! Maybe because of the australian men? Thank you guys for the links. I'm loving the show so far.
charriotoffire
charriotoffire

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

MAFS - Australia - Season 1 - Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

+16
Pia1
anOldBMW
Linds911
2observe
crazychicken