SELECT CONTENT

Andi Dorfman - The Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #4

Page 67 of 84 Previous  1 ... 35 ... 66, 67, 68 ... 75 ... 84  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

8 - Andi Dorfman - The Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #4 - Page 67 Empty Re: Andi Dorfman - The Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #4

Post by Mustang19 Thu Oct 08, 2015 6:19 pm

eliza3 wrote:
Mustang19 wrote:
chasingpavements wrote:

Yeah...this just seems like a way for Andi to get her picture taken and get some publicity, not an actual desire to support and provide for low-income women. When she pulls a Sean and does some actual charity work in private, without immediately publishing it on IG, I'll gain a little bit more respect for her but this isn't it.

(jmo)

So agree with the bold, for anyone really. Andi always seems to have an ulterior motive, always looking for a way to benefit her - even if it as simple as a pat on the back. (IMO) If Sean does that, then he gained a little respect from me. I'm not holding my breath when it comes to Andi.

So if she does charity work in private with no SM photos, how would we know?   It's possible she is already doing that.   With SM being just a snippet  of a persons life, it's hard for me personally to know exactly what Andi is and isn't doing 24/7.  I wish I knew more about what she is actually doing work wise, charity wise and personally, but I don't feel like I have enough info to get a handle on it.

JMHO

The charity she is helping could mention something, or someone working there, her family, friends, etc. How did anyone know Sean did charity work without him posting about it? I imagine the people helped probably said something, grateful for the help. If Andi goes out of her way for anyone, I'm guessing she will most definitely want, at the very least, a pat on the back (IMO).
Mustang19
Mustang19

Female Posts : 1192

Back to top Go down

8 - Andi Dorfman - The Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #4 - Page 67 Empty Re: Andi Dorfman - The Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #4

Post by Beach Lover Thu Oct 08, 2015 8:48 pm

I'm actually going to defend Andi here because I do think she does more charity than what we are aware of.   I have seen several people and organizations thank her both via Twitter and IG comments for being part of an event or benefit that she never mentioned or posted about on SM. Since she's been in NYC it seems she's at some kind of function once or twice a week, and the ones that are more glitz and glamour and have celebs involved are the ones she tends to post about more,  and not so much the regular, lower key charity events.
Beach Lover
Beach Lover

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Thu Oct 08, 2015 9:09 pm

Personally speaking, she doesn't owe me anything. She should live her life as she chooses and is hopefully happy and productive. There are various levels of charity. That that is done for others humbly is considered a higher level than that that others are knowledgable of. So if she faded away and did good works and no one ever knew or have credit, it does not diminish the act one tiny bit.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 08, 2015 11:38 pm

Beach Lover wrote:I'm actually going to defend Andi here because I do think she does more charity than what we are aware of.   I have seen several people and organizations thank her both via Twitter and IG comments for being part of an event or benefit that she never mentioned or posted about on SM. Since she's been in NYC it seems she's at some kind of function once or twice a week, and the ones that are more glitz and glamour and have celebs involved are the ones she tends to post about more,  and not so much the regular, lower key charity events.

Interesting. Thanks for bringing that up. Sometimes I wonder if I judge her too harshly - there must be SOME reason someone like Sharleen considers her such a good friend. And, I do notice that she actually brings up political issues and social movements on SM, which very few Bachelor/ette alum do (either because they don't care or because they don't want to alienate fans because of their beliefs). Either way, there probably is more to Andi than meets the eye, it's just there's so much immaturity and craziness there that it's hard to see anything else.

(jmo)

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Fri Oct 09, 2015 1:08 am

She wouldn't have to post one single SM pic of her attending any event. It would be fans that take pics with her, that post to their own SM.

Often times these types of pics are found just by searching.

The fact that she makes a point of IG or tweeting the more "important" functions, tells me right there the type of person she is. The higher end ones, don't need the exposure as much as the smaller charities. She is the one looking for exposure in those instances IMHO.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71507

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by kimberlyg Sat Oct 10, 2015 4:19 pm

See, I don't care if Andi does charity events or whatever.  I just wish she would work.  Her family may be Atlanta-wealthy, but there is zero chance they are NYC-wealthy and it doesn't seem like any of her projects are getting off the ground at all (what happened to "Andi's Apple," the scarf company, etc.). $3500/month in rent doesn't pay itself.

kimberlyg

Female Posts : 789

Back to top Go down

Post by Linds911 Sat Oct 10, 2015 4:43 pm

Not 100 percent certain but think the scarfs were a one time modeling gig. She might still be filming the web series but all she's talking about lately is her book.

I know we can reach the stars, You've already hung the moon  PINKHEART
No, I never knew a love like this, Now we're picking purple irises  8 - Andi Dorfman - The Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #4 - Page 67 1f49c

8 - Andi Dorfman - The Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #4 - Page 67 8367-910 8 - Andi Dorfman - The Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #4 - Page 67 I_got_13 8 - Andi Dorfman - The Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #4 - Page 67 E5kqdm15 8 - Andi Dorfman - The Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #4 - Page 67 Father11
Linds911
Linds911

Female Posts : 11979

Back to top Go down

Post by timfan Sat Oct 10, 2015 4:44 pm

Why do people care if andi works or not she is the one who has to pay the bills and if the bachelor /bachelorette people endorse products and can make money at it I see nothing wrong with it jmo
timfan
timfan

Back to top Go down

Post by kimberlyg Sat Oct 10, 2015 6:46 pm

I highly, highly doubt that endorsing products on twitter or instagram can get you enough money to afford an apartment in NYC.  If people from the franchise, including Andi, want to shill and make extra spending money, I have zero issues with that (so long as they look into the products their endorsing at least somewhat)...  but I just look side-eyed that as a sole source of income that it's sufficient.  I make six figures and feel like I can barely afford living here sometimes.

kimberlyg

Female Posts : 789

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Sat Oct 10, 2015 6:50 pm

LOL I hear that. I know when my daughter and son-in-law moved out their small(yet nice) one bedroom on 57th and Lex was 3700 a month. The kitchen was so tiny you could literally only fit one person in at a time.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by Beach Lover Sat Oct 10, 2015 9:11 pm

I know her finances aren't our business, but it's hard when you follow her SM not to wonder how she does it in NYC. We know her rent must be very high, esp. in West Village, but how about all those trendy restaurants she is often eating at, the shopping she does, and all the events she attends?  Not only is she living in Manhattan, she seems to be living it in style, not scraping by.

I still think she was given a nice little advance for her book deal, and that may be what she is living off of now. I'm also guessing her Andi's Apple Web Series may have been scrapped. Just a feeling. She hasn't mentioned it at all recently, It doesn't appear she has a camera crew following her in public, no premiere date was given and her sneak peak trailor was removed from the internet. Not good signs that this project is going forward.
Beach Lover
Beach Lover

Back to top Go down

Post by eliza3 Sat Oct 10, 2015 9:31 pm

I really don't care what she does for work, how she pays her bills or where her money comes from. To me, that doesn't tell me much about the person. I know several people who have large trust funds, some do wonderful things with their lives, some don't. So it's not the amount of money or where it comes from for me, but what one choses to do with their lives that I find interesting.

I personally think Andi is working hard at finding a place where she belongs. That can take time and the process can be painful. I hope she finds that that makes her happy.

I also think that since we don't hear much about her dating, that she was very hurt by the break up with Josh, regardless of how or who ended it.

JMHO
eliza3
eliza3

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 67 of 84 Previous  1 ... 35 ... 66, 67, 68 ... 75 ... 84  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Andi Dorfman - The Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #4

+86
Southernpeach30
citygirl1962
isittrue
cindebugg
rhondam