SELECT CONTENT

Ben Higgins - Bachelorette 11 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion #2

Page 57 of 66 Previous  1 ... 30 ... 56, 57, 58 ... 61 ... 66  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

BachelorFamily - Ben Higgins - Bachelorette 11 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion #2 - Page 57 Empty Re: Ben Higgins - Bachelorette 11 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion #2

Post by loveactually9 Tue Aug 04, 2015 11:46 pm

Ben favorited a tweet a couple of hours ago

Nicole Prolow ‏@NICOLEPROLOW 3h3 hours ago
really hoping @benhiggi will be the next bachelor so I can say me and half the other girls in evergreen have met him.

loveactually9

Back to top Go down

BachelorFamily - Ben Higgins - Bachelorette 11 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion #2 - Page 57 Empty Re: Ben Higgins - Bachelorette 11 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion #2

Post by AllAboutLove Wed Aug 05, 2015 12:16 am

Seems he wants the gig for sure.

It's interesting to me how so many want to find love via the way of making out with multiple girls (I include all the guys in this list). Even the good guys.
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by rosesrREd Wed Aug 05, 2015 12:36 am

AllAboutLove wrote:Seems he wants the gig for sure.

It's interesting to me how so many want to find love via the way of making out with multiple girls (I include all the guys in this list). Even the good guys.

It's a great opportunity, even for the good guy.
rosesrREd
rosesrREd

Female Posts : 1456

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Wed Aug 05, 2015 12:45 am

I don't know. I am starting to wonder how the pros outweigh the cons these days? hmmm

Is the money that good? The post-show opportunities really worth it and how so if one's job doesn't coincide with opportunities? Is it just fame and the desire for more? The slim chance of love? With TPTB seeming to be heading to a place of no return, it's a wonder any guy thinks they will find "the one" on this show.

Watching Bach NZ season 1 right after watching Bach US season 19 this year? The differences are so stark that they are completely different shows. With a 20th Season coming up, who knows what TPTB have planned.  affraid

I am starting to feel bad for whomever is the lead. Ben H and others can all do better than this, imo.
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by BlackHalo Wed Aug 05, 2015 12:54 am

I think Ben wants to promote his charity.

BlackHalo

Female Posts : 3323

Back to top Go down

Post by soccermom333 Wed Aug 05, 2015 12:58 am

^^^ I agree and what a great way to do it. IMO
soccermom333
soccermom333

Female Posts : 6543

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Wed Aug 05, 2015 1:06 am

Charity and The Bachelor... now there's two world's colliding speechless
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 05, 2015 3:14 am

I think that it's just a really hard opportunity to turn down - you get paid close to $100,000, which is like 1-2 years salary for him, you get to travel the world for free, you get to meet celebrities like Jimmy Kimmel and Ellen, you get a billboard of yourself in major cities, you have a platform to discuss important things (like Jason did with single parents and Sean did with his religion), you get perks like flying first class and going to Disney Land with a fast pass, you get opportunities for money, etc. I don't think that people like Jason, Des, or Brad were obsessed with fame and attention and they all want back to their normal lives. Most ex-leads don't regret doing it, even if they didn't find everlasting love; I think viewers are more worried about it than they are.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 05, 2015 8:47 am

Favorites dont mean all that much imo. A tweet can get favorited for a million different reasons. Ben has never PUBLICLY shown any interest on his SM about TB, unless it's in relation to some other comment that someone has made. This new favorite being an example; the girls all being able to say they met him.

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Wed Aug 05, 2015 9:08 am

I think if Ben H is the lead then that is why he need not publicly do anything.

If he is lead then I think the reason Ben hasn't been on GMA interviewed like Dr Chris or Nick is because TPTB may want the first time he is interviewed about being the bachelor to be live on AfterParadise where it can draw in ratings and have that exclusive for themselves.

And if it is in the next few weeks, and Ben is on AfterParadise live then I can see Ben talking about his upcoming trip and perhaps a cameraman or two will go with to get some footage for his intro package.

It seems full-circle since that is what Ben H first talked about on TBette first episode... charity work, etc. jmo
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by Lievta Wed Aug 05, 2015 1:17 pm

AllAboutLove wrote:Charity and The Bachelor... now there's two world's colliding speechless

All I can say is rofl rofl rofl

For a moment each seemed unreal to the other — then the slow warm hum of love began.
Lievta
Lievta

Back to top Go down

Post by alwaystulips Wed Aug 05, 2015 2:33 pm

The franchise used to include at least one date a season which helped bring attention to a charity or cause during a show, even in a small way.  Those were often some of my favorite dates, e.g. Ashley's group date painting a classroom in an orphanage in Thailand.  That one really stuck with me.

But, with each season it seems as if every date becomes more crass, snarky, cynical and basically a stunt, e.g. teaching sex ed to kids, stripping dates, fake lie detector tests.

If Ben becomes the Bachelor, I hope we'll get an opportunity to see one group date which highlights helping others.  That would be great.
alwaystulips
alwaystulips

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 57 of 66 Previous  1 ... 30 ... 56, 57, 58 ... 61 ... 66  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Ben Higgins - Bachelorette 11 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion #2

+86
Linds911
MiniDiva
eliza3
TrishB
hdman