SELECT CONTENT

The Bachelorette 11 - Kaitlyn Bristowe - #9 - Media - Tweets - IG - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Discussion

Page 25 of 80 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 52 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

stillwaiting - The Bachelorette 11 - Kaitlyn Bristowe - #9 - Media - Tweets - IG - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Discussion - Page 25 Empty Re: The Bachelorette 11 - Kaitlyn Bristowe - #9 - Media - Tweets - IG - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Discussion

Post by Rolly Wed Jul 22, 2015 11:59 pm

jen689 wrote:
sdmom wrote:And she still let Nick propose? According to the Daily Mail according to US instead of stopping him, she let him continue in his proposal after he got emotional. Yeah I know, TPTB made her do it!
I wonder if the producers offered her a "bonus" some type of financial compensation or perk if she let her F2 propose. During the proposal she may have thought I've rejected the rest of the men I can do this and experience a moment of pain for the "bonus" which will benefit me in the future

What kind of person would do this? Especially if they cared for that person at all. Disdainful. no
Rolly
Rolly

Female Posts : 3913

Back to top Go down

stillwaiting - The Bachelorette 11 - Kaitlyn Bristowe - #9 - Media - Tweets - IG - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Discussion - Page 25 Empty Re: The Bachelorette 11 - Kaitlyn Bristowe - #9 - Media - Tweets - IG - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Discussion

Post by Kashathediva Thu Jul 23, 2015 12:14 am

IDK.
Obviously, they do not hold the lead at knifepoint to get a double proposal.
They do not hold the lead's future children hostage ala Rumplestiltskin.
But are they able to hold them hostage over their edit? Future promos pulled out from under them?  Ok...let's remove all the selfish reasons from the decision, remove all the monetary reasons.
What's left is all the mumbo jumbo manipulation and psychological games used as all out ammo to get what is desired: 2 proposals.
I think you would have to be a very strong person to stick to your true values. How strong is a person under these conditions? Often boredom, fatigue, emotional stress, loneliness are all added factors.
Could she have told him to get up--get up!!! Yeah, I guess. But what the hell else was expected?  He either shows up to propose or he turns the limo around.
I simply don't have the answers.
I do know IMO it should be no more unfair for the lead to expect a proposal from both as it is for the F1-2 to propose and suit up/show up. The choice is two-fold.
Seldom does any--any lead come out of this unscathed. I am always amazed that anyone wants to be involved with this show.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by lurker11 Thu Jul 23, 2015 12:25 am

^^ that's sort of what has given me pause in the past couple days over the discussion about TPTB "disliking" Kaitlyn and that it's evident in the edit she has received. I think the producers/show-runners/editors genuinely separate whatever feelings they have for the contestants and the lead from the television show they create. That has to be the explanation for how they get what they do and edit the way they do, otherwise it is crazy.
lurker11
lurker11

Back to top Go down

Post by Alanna Thu Jul 23, 2015 12:27 am

lurker11 wrote:^^ that's sort of what has given me pause in the past couple days over the discussion about TPTB "disliking" Kaitlyn and that it's evident in the edit she has received. I think the producers/show-runners/editors genuinely separate whatever feelings they have for the contestants and the lead from the television show they create. That has to be the explanation for how they get what they do and edit the way they do, otherwise it is crazy.
IA. I think it's just business for the show and then sometimes they develop real friendships like in any work environment.

Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
Carrie: What an amazing observation!
Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
~ Sex and the City

:dancingcupcake:

All the J’s all the time: #jash #Jo^3 #jaitlyn

#teamhannahB
Alanna
Alanna

Back to top Go down

Post by stuckinsc Thu Jul 23, 2015 12:28 am

Kashathediva wrote:Interesting question at the end of the article: "What do you think of Shawn Boothe?"
From the edit we were shown--a box of rocks minus the rocks. A nice looking box albeit, but not even a rock in sight, perhaps some gravel. Praps.

My Kasha love grows. Shawn = blonde Josh Murray. JMO

AllAboutLove wrote:I really think she is MEkaitlyn but does it in a more manipulative way than MEandi.

Kaitlyn has the ability to get people to feel sorry for her even though it is her own actions that cause the destruction. Talk about manipulative. When someone calls her out she is just like, "Well what about you?!" and deflects from the facts about herself. no no

She is her "own worst enemy" yet she is praised for forgiving those low-life plebeians from her self-assigned "Queen Kaitlyn" throne.  Rolling Eyes

I think her "forgiveness" stance is more about being seen as someone who thinks that she is above everyone else thus Kaitlyn thinks her forgiveness is some prized treasure that people should seek to earn. Like someone is so #blessed if they are pardoned by Kaitlyn. Rolling Eyes

jmho

I agree, MeKaitlyn is just as manipulative and mean as MeAndi.

AmyB wrote:
bleuberry wrote:Hard to know what went on behind the scenes, but we'd be fooling ourselves if we thought TPTB didn't have a hand in Nick proposing IMO. I can't lay blame solely on Kaitlyn.
She could've easily stopped him once he was up there and had gotten emotional, there was no need to let him get down on one knee. At that point there'd be nothing TPTB could do (Nick isn't stupid, once she stopped him he obviously would've realized she was turning him down and wouldn't have gone through with the proposal even if the producers stopped filming to talk her back into letting him propose). They would've been mad at her of course, but her edit is already so bad that I don't see what else they could've done to "punish" her. The onus is on her to have a bit of class and integrity and not make someone get down on one knee before breaking up with them - and this is coming from someone who doesn't even like Nick.

remockered wrote:Just to be clear, if by some miracle it is Shawn who gets rejected, it is just as despicable, and wrong.  It should not matter who the rejectee is, but to not have an ounce of humanity to spare them the humiliation when all they have done is love you, just is beyond belief.  To make it worse, the rejectee thought he was the only one and even if by chance there were two suitors, they made it later, so the first arriving would think he was last.  Just dirty pool by all players involved.

Amy and remockered both. This is not a girl who was afraid of TPTB and what they would do to her. She escaped to go to Shawn and Ben's room. She had sex earlier than TPTB encourages. She told Shawn he was the one in week five. She broke the rules a lot. Anyone who has ever watched this show knows if you break the rules they punish you. Then she continued to break the rules by ruining the foiler and spoiling her own season. I just can't make myself buy that MeKaitlyn feared retribution from TPTB for anything at all.

And no matter if the spoiler is the best foiler ever and Shawn is turned down, I hate the proposing to get turned down. I appreciated that after Ashley, the show seemed to realize that hearing a man's proposal turned down doesn't make anyone happy.
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Female Posts : 10802

Back to top Go down

Post by stuckinsc Thu Jul 23, 2015 12:32 am

Alanna wrote:
lurker11 wrote:^^ that's sort of what has given me pause in the past couple days over the discussion about TPTB "disliking" Kaitlyn and that it's evident in the edit she has received. I think the producers/show-runners/editors genuinely separate whatever feelings they have for the contestants and the lead from the television show they create. That has to be the explanation for how they get what they do and edit the way they do, otherwise it is crazy.
IA. I think it's just business for the show and then sometimes they develop real friendships like in any work environment.

Sorry for double posting. I think TPTB will edit however is best, I think they felt sorry for Des and chose to show every painful minute of her being giddy about Brooks and getting dumped by Brooks and Des was their best player ever, she went that whole summer playing along that she may have ended up with the guy who dumped her.

I do think that TPTB is happy to punish leads for disobeying TPTB's rules, so I do think they are letting us see more of the lies Kaitlyn told than maybe we would have.

I truly believe we had to "see" pre-FS sex because Kaitlyn was a head case about it. Yes, TPTB egged that on, but if in the moment Kaitlyn had freaked out less, or just told Shawn earlier it wouldn't have been such a huge storyline. She made it the big deal by letting it consume her so much, which I am sure they loved.
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Female Posts : 10802

Back to top Go down

Post by bleuberry Thu Jul 23, 2015 12:35 am

Kashathediva wrote:IDK.
But are they able to hold them hostage over their edit? Future promos pulled out from under them?  Ok...let's remove all the selfish reasons from the decision, remove all the monetary reasons.
What's left is all the mumbo jumbo manipulation and psychological games used as all out ammo to get what is desired: 2 proposals.
I think you would have to be a very strong person to stick to your true values. How strong is a person under these conditions? Often boredom, fatigue, emotional stress, loneliness are all added factors.
Could she have told him to get up--get up!!! Yeah, I guess. But what the hell else was expected?  He either shows up to propose or he turns the limo around.
I do know IMO it should be no more unfair for the lead to expect a proposal from both as it is for the F1-2 to propose and suit up/show up. The choice is two-fold.
Seldom does any--any lead come out of this unscathed. I am always amazed that anyone wants to be involved with this show.

:yes: yes

Thanks Kasha. I thought it was a given - tptb will get whatever they want out of the ending. I don't think that Emily, Des, or Andi did anything special, it just happened to fit their storyline at the time. If they wanted f2s to stick around and propose, I fully believe they could have.

stillwaiting - The Bachelorette 11 - Kaitlyn Bristowe - #9 - Media - Tweets - IG - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Discussion - Page 25 6rj59l

In a little glass church built from the inspiration of dreams,  their vows danced through the air 
like smoke from a vigil candle, consummating a love now deeply matured. -Zak Waddell
bleuberry
bleuberry

Back to top Go down

Post by Rolly Thu Jul 23, 2015 12:43 am

What I would love to see is before the FRC TPTB takes the F2 and shows him snippets of the show we have seen. And he gets to the FRC and has second thoughts and says, "We've had a lot of fun and I love and care about you but it's clear you are not "the one" for me. I've seen what you have with the other "other guy" and you clearly are meant for each other". He leaves her. The end. Has this ever happened?

And as much as I think Andi's explanation to Nick was BS at least she didn't bring him to the FRC and have him propose. So at the end of this season TPTB will get what they want, two proposals. Yippeee. :thud
Rolly
Rolly

Back to top Go down

Post by bleuberry Thu Jul 23, 2015 12:56 am

And besides, entertainment wise alone, how could they bring two guys to the end and spend so much air time amping up their beef, only to send one home in boring fashion? I can't imagine they even considered letting Nick leave early a second time.

If I'm a producer, then hellz yes, Nick (and def Shawn if he's f2 - can you imagine?! laugh out loud) will be getting rejected seconds after proposing.

stillwaiting - The Bachelorette 11 - Kaitlyn Bristowe - #9 - Media - Tweets - IG - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Discussion - Page 25 6rj59l

In a little glass church built from the inspiration of dreams,  their vows danced through the air 
like smoke from a vigil candle, consummating a love now deeply matured. -Zak Waddell
bleuberry
bleuberry

Back to top Go down

Post by Rolly Thu Jul 23, 2015 1:10 am

bleuberry wrote:And besides, entertainment wise alone, how could they bring two guys to the end and spend so much air time amping up their beef, only to send one home in boring fashion? I can't imagine they even considered letting Nick leave early a second time.

I understand that many people see a guy proposing and being rejected as "entertainment"...I just don't. I am prepared for a proposal and a rejection but it's not my cup of tea.

I wonder how Andi was able to send Nick home before the FRC but Kaitlyn isn't or didn't? Maybe Kaitlyn wanted that bonus. no idea I am really ready for this season to be over.
Rolly
Rolly

Back to top Go down

Post by bleuberry Thu Jul 23, 2015 1:17 am

Now I do enjoy drama, but f2 proposals aren't my cup of tea either.

bleuberry
bleuberry

Back to top Go down

Post by LoveDovez Thu Jul 23, 2015 1:33 am

I agree with you 100% plus Nick should have known better to come back again. Now here he is at 34, already proposed to 2 women on TV having, slept with both women on TV. It would lead some people to think he sure isn't that good in the sack. cantstopl

Sorry I meant to put he would have proposed to 2 women. He didn't get the chance to with MeAndi.

Last edited by LoveDovez on Thu Jul 23, 2015 1:53 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Wording a sentence wrong.)
LoveDovez
LoveDovez

Female Posts : 4070

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 25 of 80 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 52 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

The Bachelorette 11 - Kaitlyn Bristowe - #9 - Media - Tweets - IG - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Discussion

+91
bachfangal
chi-girl
just2relax
MiaHawk
marloon
mariebeth
cn13
richmondrose
mprssdbyu
Spoil Me Again
swtea24