SELECT CONTENT

Nick Viall - Bachelorette 11 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion #6

Page 5 of 79 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 42 ... 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

BeYou - Nick Viall - Bachelorette 11 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion #6 - Page 5 Empty Re: Nick Viall - Bachelorette 11 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion #6

Post by Guest Sun Jul 19, 2015 10:39 pm

Not sure if this has been brought up here before (sorry, haven't been around this forum for a while), but confirmation from Sharleen that Nick was not baited by producers to go on the show from her alltheprettypandas blog:

It amazes me how quick viewers are to make judgments about people on these shows yet how steadfast they are in those hasty first impressions. That said, while I know the Nick-those who are not fans out there won't be changing their minds any time soon, I do want to make one thing very clear: Nick was not begged, paid, or coerced into coming on this season. He truly, legitimately had a huge crush on Kaitlyn, felt they could potentially have something very special, and did what he had to to pursue her.

Back to top Go down

BeYou - Nick Viall - Bachelorette 11 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion #6 - Page 5 Empty Re: Nick Viall - Bachelorette 11 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion #6

Post by MonicaJM2001 Sun Jul 19, 2015 11:01 pm

reason wrote: :claphands  :claphands

AllAboutLove wrote:Nick is basically doing Kaitlyn's job by tweeting/posting as to what was going on during the show that made him go all the way to F2 and he is also doing F1/Shawn's job by publicly supporting Kaitlyn post-show even with the spoiler by Kaitlyn.

Imho, Nick is the better person at the end of the day since he is able to do both these things and somehow the "happy couple" is not. Based on this, IMO Nick is the one in a healthier place overall.

Word that says it best.

Nick is great at multi-tasking. If I worked at ABC I would offer to pay for and air his wedding to whoever he ends up with in the real world instead of their soon to be revealed couple who have done no favors for TPTB with their snapchat snafu ruining the surprise ending. Let them get married on their own dime, not that I think a wedding will actually happen....

I was going to (insert any productive activity) but then well...........Nick
MonicaJM2001
MonicaJM2001

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 20, 2015 1:15 am

SueSt wrote:
chasingpavements wrote:Yeah, in my opinion there are only a few things that Nick could have done to make Kaitlyn this angry: lashed out at her for leading him on, bad-mouthed Shawn to her, leaked things to RS and tabloids, and/or  moved on romantically immediately making Kaitlyn think that he just went on for attention/never loved her.

Well that would be hypocritical, no?

There is something else he might have done - maybe he got to the FRC and told her he couldn't propose, that he decided they weren't right for one another. Would that be a FRC first? Would she blow a gasket? Would tptb ever let that happen?

Back to top Go down

Post by whit90 Mon Jul 20, 2015 1:27 am

BKay wrote:
SueSt wrote:
chasingpavements wrote:Yeah, in my opinion there are only a few things that Nick could have done to make Kaitlyn this angry: lashed out at her for leading him on, bad-mouthed Shawn to her, leaked things to RS and tabloids, and/or  moved on romantically immediately making Kaitlyn think that he just went on for attention/never loved her.

There is something else he might have done - maybe he got to the FRC and told her he couldn't propose, that he decided they weren't right for one another. Would that be a FRC first? Would she blow a gasket? Would tptb ever let that happen?

That would be a refreshing ending :yes:
whit90
whit90

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 20, 2015 1:30 am

But I bet K wouldn't call it that!!

Back to top Go down

Post by stuckinsc Mon Jul 20, 2015 2:31 am

BKay wrote:
SueSt wrote:

That would make this whole crapfest season worth it. Then she can say yes to Shawn they can have their happy ending and Nick can be Nick.
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Female Posts : 10802

Back to top Go down

Post by happygolucky Mon Jul 20, 2015 6:16 am

I honestly have no idea why such a "turn around" about Nick's "manipulative" style from Kaitlyn's part (if that's what it's truly about, because I don't follow her)
But I would try with the guess ... let's say Nick proposed, was turned down and after all he went through and they had done "together", he might had said something to Kaitlyn, maybe he was hurt enough to snap back ... in the line of "why did you... if you weren't ...?" ... which made Kaitlyn feel bad ... well, one thing we should know by now is that "nobody puts Baby in the corner" ... Kaitlyn isn't SWSNBN, she isn't Becca or Whitney, Des or some other Bette, who doesn't dare to bite back ... so maybe they didn't part ways in "all good spirit" (we might never know and see everything that went on) ...
the show starts, Nick begins his SM campaign for the season the moment his "arrival" is announced in the preview. He starts supporting the articles that back-up Kait, he tweets about each episode with the sentiment of those times ... kindness ... appreciation ... importance of staying true to yourself ... "hold on to love, not grudges" ...
and people see that, like it, media starts to change their tune about the "Nick from last season", his supporters are making themselves louder, wanting him to be the winner ...

and Kaitlyn maybe can't reconcile with the fact how things ended with them. (And then there's Shawn and his media portray and his edit and fan-reaction ... but that's not for this thread.) So for her Nick is manipulating (I'm only going with what supposedly she is expressing on SM) ...and doing what Nick does best, turning the negative situation into the positive one ... but IMHO, Kaitlyn shouldn't be snarky at that, because she is just the same.
It's why I find her a compelling person and it's why I adore Nick.

happygolucky

Back to top Go down

Post by stuckinsc Mon Jul 20, 2015 6:41 am

happygolucky wrote:I honestly have no idea why such a "turn around" about Nick's "manipulative" style from Kaitlyn's part (if that's what it's truly about, because I don't follow her)
But I would try with the guess ... let's say Nick proposed, was turned down and after all he went through and they had done "together", he might had said something to Kaitlyn, maybe he was hurt enough to snap back ... in the line of "why did you... if you weren't ...?" ... which made Kaitlyn feel bad  ... well, one thing we should know by now is that "nobody puts Baby in the corner" ... Kaitlyn isn't SWSNBN, she isn't Becca or Whitney, Des or some other Bette, who doesn't dare to bite back ... so maybe they didn't part ways in "all good spirit" (we might never know and see everything that went on) ...
the show starts, Nick begins his SM campaign for the season the moment his "arrival" is announced in the preview. He starts supporting the articles that back-up Kait, he tweets about each episode with the sentiment of those times ... kindness ... appreciation ... importance of staying true to yourself ... "hold on to love, not grudges" ...
and people see that, like it, media starts to change their tune about the "Nick from last season", his supporters are making themselves louder, wanting him to be the winner ...

and Kaitlyn maybe can't reconcile with the fact how things ended with them. (And then there's Shawn and his media portray and his edit and fan-reaction ... but that's not for this thread.) So for her Nick is manipulating (I'm only going with what supposedly she is expressing on SM) ...and doing what Nick does best, turning the negative situation into the positive one ... but IMHO, Kaitlyn shouldn't be snarky at that, because she is just the same.
It's why I find her a compelling person and it's why I adore Nick.

HGL, interesting theory. But if it is as you describe, IMO I would call her self-centered not compelling, her lack of empathy to realize how badly she might have hurt someone is just startling to me. Again JMO.

And I too adore Nick. Let bygones be bygones and try to be positive if he can. That is my kind of guy, he walks the walk while talking the talk.
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Female Posts : 10802

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Mon Jul 20, 2015 6:58 am

I don't see Kaitlyn in the same category as Nick. Not even close.
Nick is much deeper and multi-faceted and thus he is compelling to me.
Kaitlyn compels me to want her season to be over.

Last edited by AllAboutLove on Mon Jul 20, 2015 7:01 am; edited 1 time in total
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by happygolucky Mon Jul 20, 2015 7:00 am

Stuck, you know I agree with you ... only that I'm less attached to this season, because I've decided to not follow TB show anymore (maybe other versions around the world I might watch again after reading this forum), and I actually don't care about Kaitlyn's story. I only care for Nick's, how will he get out of this mess and rise again.
I find Kaitlyn compelling, not in relationship with Nick, but for her self-serving purposes ... that doesn't mean I find her attractive or that much exciting/interesting (because we pretty much get what we see with her), but I like that she doesn't pretend to be who she is not and depending on the ending, how she will deal with the aftermath, I will be able to decide where she lands on my respect scale.

happygolucky

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Mon Jul 20, 2015 7:08 am

I think there is a difference between people being who they are and not pretending to be someone they are not and can say "I'm ok with that" when it comes to not being everyone's cup of tea and people who just live in the moment and use that as a reason for their actions, no matter who they affect, and look down on those who don't like them by saying "Well, if you don't like me it's because you need to acquire some taste!" The former is Nick, the latter is Kaitlyn (based on their SM bios). One I respect, the other I don't.

jmho
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by happygolucky Mon Jul 20, 2015 7:23 am

AAL ... I don't find Kaitlyn and Nick the same ... after all I'm on Nick's team and I couldn't care less for Kaitlyn. It would be another discussion, if I start analyzing and breaking down Kaitlyn's characteristics/personality. I do find "compelling" those people who I see as "invincible", who are capable to make their mark. That doesn't mean that I like those people or that I find their actions morally right or of virtue/respectable. Some most compelling people in human history did some awful things and it's why we study them in the history of civilization. I may chose the "wrong" word, but it's what I understand under that term.

happygolucky

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 79 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 42 ... 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Nick Viall - Bachelorette 11 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion #6

+75
DMBFan
quietpal
ReneeM
Lymie36
rhondam