SELECT CONTENT

Nick Viall Bachelorette 11 - Fan Forum - Thread #16

Page 78 of 80 Previous  1 ... 40 ... 77, 78, 79, 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Nick Viall Bachelorette 11 - Fan Forum - Thread #16 - Page 78 Empty Re: Nick Viall Bachelorette 11 - Fan Forum - Thread #16

Post by OnePromise Thu Aug 13, 2015 3:37 pm

It seems the majority of spoilers are leading to Ben H. being the next Bachelor. While it makes me mildly disappointed that I will not get to watch Nick's "journey to find love" on my television each week, I am also relieved that Nick is free to accept his next challenge in life.

I think that Nick was able to come out on top after two rough breakups on national television because he feels like he did not fail the challenge. The average person sees that he lost the girl and feels that he is the "runner up" or "loser". But in Nick's mind, he actually mastered the challenge by remaining true to himself in the face of controversy and difficulty. He didn't compromise himself to please others or keep a part of himself hidden in an attempt to come across as a more palatable version of Nick.

If Nick would have been chosen as the next Bachelor, I believe he would have approached that challenge in much the same way as in the past. He would have considered his stint on the show a victory if he was able to stay true to himself. Bonus points for meeting and securing a relationship with his future wife while avoiding irreparable emotional damage to any of the other ladies involved.

And I don't feel bad for Nick not winning the lead role as he likely doesn't feel that disappointed either. He has kept the possibility open because he loves a good challenge. But when that door closes, other opportunities waiting in the wings will open new and exciting doors for him.

Challenge accepted!!!

OnePromise

Back to top Go down

Nick Viall Bachelorette 11 - Fan Forum - Thread #16 - Page 78 Empty Re: Nick Viall Bachelorette 11 - Fan Forum - Thread #16

Post by rhondam Thu Aug 13, 2015 3:41 pm

Yay Nick is a winner in life!! The most meaningful title Smiley!!
rhondam
rhondam

Female Posts : 2142

Back to top Go down

Post by Seabear Thu Aug 13, 2015 4:13 pm

I am disappointed that we won't see Nick as the Bachelor because it would have  been such a fun season to watch.:tissuebox   I would bet Nick will be bummed at TPTB decision but like every other time they have kicked him in the teeth, he will move forward and become better for it.  I hope based on this outcome Nick realizes that TPTB are not really his "friends."  At least they gave him a decent edit this time around and he can use all this media attention to spring forward to much bigger and better things.  Hats of to Nick for making this season the most talked about and "amazing" or rather "glorious" ever!  On a petty personal note, I hope some day Nick turns some of his delightfully witty humor toward TPTB and subtly send some snark and shade their way....
Hugesmile  Particularly smug, self righteous CH who is like fingernails on a chalkboard to me.   Now I am going to accept the Bachelor choice and move forward. :bigsigh:  JMO
Seabear
Seabear

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 13, 2015 4:15 pm

I'm not a huge Nick fan but I was hoping he would be the next bachelor. Not really for him, as he seems fine with or without the gig, but for me. I'm selfish and I don't want to watch a season of Ben H. I have only seen two seasons of The Bachelor - Ben F and Chris S. I found Ben F to be funny, attractive and I was well entertained watching his dates. I was disappointed that he choose Courtney but I had fun watching his season. I found Chris Soules to be dull and boring. No exotic locations, no really fun dates (except for horseback riding with Becca - and they didn't show much of it) and no sense of humor. I have a feeling Ben H's season will be just as boring as Chris's season. Nick would be entertaining and fun to watch as TB. I can picture him going on some exciting dates. He is very articulate and can keep the conversation going. He has a good sense of humor and knows what he's looking for in a woman. I'm hoping that the spoilers are wrong and that Nick really is TB (although it sure sounds like the spoilers are all pointing to Ben H  hmmm ).

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Thu Aug 13, 2015 5:45 pm

I am of the mind that Nick is not TB because he didn't want to be... not really. Here's why I think this....

Nick's podcasts have convinced me that Nick knows exactly how this show works and if he really wanted to be TB he would have gone on the show and milked it for all it was worth by saying and doing the right things all the time and thus winning people over in a huge way. Essentially that is exactly what Ben H did... said and did the right things.

Nick didn't. He said even his mom wanted him to not be seen as a bad boy or controversial. Nick is Nick. Sex, drama, controversy, etc he did not stay away from that. Yes he is sincere about love and genuine about it but this tv show only defines genuine and sincere about love like people like Ben H who (imo, nice guy) but just politically correct like politicians - constantly aware of their image (onscreen and off) and making sure it fits good-guy definitions. If one is truly genuine about love only, imo, they would want to leave early on, as soon as they can and as soon as they realize that their roommate is the one and that there is nothing between oneself and the lead.

Nick never pretended, never stayed for a "gig" and never put on an act or went through the motions. And he still doesn't. I personally feel like Nick is of the mind that if TPTB want him as bachelor then that is on them choosing someone authentic like himself and if not then that is just them doing what they always do - going with a blank slate that viewers can project their own fantasies on. Nick doesn't allow for fantasies, he's too polarizing because he's too real and makes people uncomfortable, imo.

It's like Nick said in the podcasts, people fear/dislike what they don't understand. And I believe that in the world of what makes TB show, the type of person Nick is, who is truly sincere about finding love and doing so authentically just doesn't fit the "rules" of what this show is about. There's a reason that most of TB are puppets and not the smartest tools in the shed. By Nick saying Ben H was a younger Nick (and he did say he was giving himself too much credit with this) he was essentially saying... listen... the public only met me at age 32/33 and this was after many years of heartbreak and lessons of life learned... back when he was 25, if Nick had been on the show then? I think he may have been embraced more fully but that is not what Nick cares about. He said he doesn't care about the title or the position because to him, I think he understands that that is the driving motivational force for most leads, and not for Nick because he doesn't need it.

IMO, if Nick really cared about being TB, he would make ripples, not waves.
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by notarose Thu Aug 13, 2015 6:45 pm

Oh dear, I actually really like Ben H.  I found him to be very subtly nuanced with wry wit and also highly confident with the ability to perceive the workings, operate under the drama radar, but be very direct (his Shawn convo with K) when timely and, like Nick, a great listener & conversationalist.
For me, Nick and Ben bare similiarities but also function differently. K, at 30, IMO was less mature than Ben at 26 in many respects. I just didn't find Ben boring although the edit did attempt to push the "nice & wholesome" card.  For me, it was the lack of mutual interest that was boring.
A TB season with either Nick or Ben would just have differences because they have different lifestyles (Nick projects as urban core while Ben is a home owner likely in suburbia) plus Nick can be calm coupled with intensity while Ben is laid back calm.  Ben is more of a group schmoozer (chatting up locals at the dance hall) while Nick sits back for a time (bar convo with locals in Kerry was all K talking). Just a few examples.  Different but of equal value.
One thing I would not want is 2 TBs.  It's been done before... just NO.
Agree wholeheartedly with what has been said above. Nick has come out ahead after this past season and will seize opportunity as it presents itself. Exciting!  Doesn't really matter what each open door reveals. Lady or tiger giggling

Last edited by notarose on Thu Aug 13, 2015 6:53 pm; edited 1 time in total

from an empty moment something arrives
notarose
notarose

Back to top Go down

Post by Nibbles22 Thu Aug 13, 2015 6:49 pm

Great posts everyone!  I'm disappointed that the next bach is Ben H, simply because of the fact that he seemed to do, and say, everything that was politically correct during K's season.  So much so, it seemed more like an audition for the next lead, than someone who was in any way shape or form interested in a future with K.  I was really hoping that Nick would be the next lead, because it would have been one hell of a ride.  Not to mention, he might have found his true love, and it would have been incredible to watch.  I feel robbed. I hate vanilla. Nick Viall Bachelorette 11 - Fan Forum - Thread #16 - Page 78 2292733854
Nibbles22
Nibbles22

Female Posts : 1358

Back to top Go down

Post by notarose Thu Aug 13, 2015 7:01 pm

^^
I do agree that it appeared Ben was not interested in K.  In fact I think very few of the guys were so just kept their eyes open for future opportunities like BIP or next TB. JMO.  That makes it difficult to access their truer self because there wasn't much for them to work with in terms of real emotion. I imagine this happens every season however it just seemed more obvious in this past one.

True, Nick is guaranteed not vanilla. giggling

notarose
notarose

Back to top Go down

Post by notarose Thu Aug 13, 2015 7:06 pm

@nickviall
Beaches and Buildings #Chicago #skyline #summer #hancockbuilding http://iconosquare.com/viewer.php#/detail/1050943725371591962_28313266

photo 24DB441F-5407-4341-B418-9AF4DFF2AB57_zps2k1twpnv.jpg

notarose
notarose

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 13, 2015 7:57 pm

I hope one of the girls said I wanted Nick on the show laugh out loud when it airs. Slap hand me bad.

Back to top Go down

Post by mysthelma Thu Aug 13, 2015 9:16 pm

Remember Ben was spoiled earlier by media and sm touting him as the bachelor, so I believe most of the women who applied were pro Ben. Nick became a consideration after the final rose so I am sure the producers may have stuck with Ben because most of the women who applied wanted Ben

#teanCalia #TeamBryan #Brachel #RnBLove  Nick Viall Bachelorette 11 - Fan Forum - Thread #16 - Page 78 1f49b  Nick Viall Bachelorette 11 - Fan Forum - Thread #16 - Page 78 1f49c

"I can see the Man you deserve, and I want to be that Man" l o v ebeatingheartseeing hearts
mysthelma
mysthelma

Back to top Go down

Post by rhondam Thu Aug 13, 2015 9:18 pm

AAL, I love your insight. Thank you for sharing it with us!! Smiley I 100% agree that Nick wanted to do the show but only if they wanted him JUST THE WAY HE IS. And since they didn't or couldn't, he wouldn't! Smiley
rhondam
rhondam

Female Posts : 2142

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 78 of 80 Previous  1 ... 40 ... 77, 78, 79, 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Nick Viall Bachelorette 11 - Fan Forum - Thread #16

+64
Lymie36
KK4
DMBFan
rhondam
lovelove7