SELECT CONTENT

Nick Viall - Bachelorette 11 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion #7

Page 45 of 80 Previous  1 ... 24 ... 44, 45, 46 ... 62 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

teamnick -  Nick Viall - Bachelorette 11 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion #7 - Page 45 Empty Re: Nick Viall - Bachelorette 11 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion #7

Post by emusha Tue Aug 18, 2015 9:40 pm

chasingpavements wrote:I don't know why this has become pages of discussion about possessionista's opinion on Nick. I only brought her up to show that many people who meet Nick still don't fall in love with him and think he's the greatest guy in the world. I don't think Dana hates him and I never said that - like bleu said, I think she simply sees his motivations and intentions clearly. I think she realizes that he's someone who loves being on TV, loves the attention he gets, is very careful about how he presents himself, and cares deeply about what people think of him. None of that is "bad". It's also nothing new - JJ, one of his best friends from the show, said he was self-absorbed. It doesn't make him a bad person and it doesn't imply dislike.

curious what flipped for us to discuss nick as an attention seeker? haven watched the end of k's season
emusha
emusha

Back to top Go down

teamnick -  Nick Viall - Bachelorette 11 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion #7 - Page 45 Empty Re: Nick Viall - Bachelorette 11 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion #7

Post by nikikass Wed Aug 19, 2015 12:14 am

bleuberry wrote:I think all 3 have a lot in common (esp Jef and Nick) but I find Arie the more likeable one and Jef is just the worst laugh out loud.

Yes they have a lot in common they all brought the good bad and ugly on the boards. Another poster was referring to Nicks page counts being quite high. and I remember Arie and Jef having well over 60 or 70 Thread pages.

I actually like them all they are all polarizing that keep these threads moving fast and hard on the monitors. Yikes IMO I still have not seen anything to do this day like the boards were for Emilys Season.

To be honest I dont want to. The mods are doing a great job with keeping us all in line. giggling

nikikass
nikikass

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Tue Aug 25, 2015 12:08 am

Looks like Brad Smith, Bachelor Canada S1 is #TeamNick

Brad Smith ‏@bradcsmith 54m54 minutes ago
I was actually hoping it was @viallnicholas28! That would have been at least fun to watch! #TheBachelor

Brad Smith ‏@bradcsmith 1h1 hour ago
Congratulations Ben on being the next #Bachelor ...again..another season ....no one will give two ***** about!!
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 25, 2015 5:50 am

So, what do you guys think...will Nick's thread finally die down now that he's officially not doing any bachelor shows ever again! My prediction is that things will quiet down until he starts dating an ex-contestant or other reality TV star. 

Btw, loved possesionista's description of Nick's IG in her periscope "it's like it's trying way too hard, but I also feel very inappropriate looking at it". Completely how I feel - should come with a NSFW warning! 

Thought Brooks's tweet was interesting too: @brooksforester: There are a few reasons why @benhiggi was chosen over @viallnicholas28...okay one.Ben was an option.There is always #BacheloreinParadise

He's not wrong.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 25, 2015 6:49 am

^ chasing, curious to know, does that mean you believe he went on Kaitlyn's season for fame, and you think he would do it again to stay relevant?

In the reverse of most of the villain theory about him, I think he does not care one bit about what people think about him, that's why he went on Kaitlyn's season, posts his modeling pics, and all other things people have issue with. This could be interpreted as self-absorbed, because he really does his only thing.

But the thing is, according to my own observation, he didn't intent to hurt anyone's feelings in his quest for love (maybe it's fame from many general viewers' perspective), so I really cannot understand why people assume he does everything with a bad motive.

Taking Joe/Samatha as an example, they really did lie, deceive others for their own benefit, this I can understand why people would never believe them. But what's wrong about Nick? What he does except being self absorbed?

Back to top Go down

Post by Montaname Tue Aug 25, 2015 8:47 am

Just finishing watching Bachelor "reveal." Thank goodness the Nick thing was a fake out. I almost gagged thinking he would be the one. Ben might be a bit of a boring bachelor cuz he seems normal, sweet and sincere, but at least he isn't insufferable. Wouldn't have watched a season with Nick, but would have still had to see his nausea inducing smirk on all the other press he would have gotten.
Montaname
Montaname

Back to top Go down

Post by remockered Tue Aug 25, 2015 9:01 am

Nick is a class act. I personally believe that Nick was never in play for bachelor, but was willing to play on the speculation, because it benefitted his brand and TPTB benefited from the press/ suspense. JMO, I think they may have been interested in the two bachelor gig, but as posters have noted, Nick would never do that to himself. I still think the franchise will try and utilize him in some fashion, as he is ratings gold. Would I have loved to watch him on my TV, yeah, but not at his expense. JMO, but it is hard to read some of the visceral hate generated by posters on sm and boards, so for me, this will be a good break. I was not interested in Sean or CS, as they were so bland. Time will tell with Ben; hopefully, Nick gave him some good advice.
remockered
remockered

Back to top Go down

Post by leselihau Tue Aug 25, 2015 9:24 am

I just think it's funny that there is still speculation that Nick DIDN'T come on the show to "benefit his brand." I like Nick and would have LOVED to see him as TB because I think he would have been highly entertaining and is sincere in his quest to find love (I think generally speaking most people are). I also think that Nick is an INTELLIGENT man and he knew or at least had the thought that in order for him to have a shot at TB gig he had to go back on the show for Kaitlyn. That's not saying he didn't care about her...but I don't believe that he called and begged producers to come back on. I think producers knew there was flirtation and interest before hand, played his heartstrings a bit and probably even encouraged him to do it to repair his image and maybe have a shot at TB. I think he would have been 100% ok with being let go at F3 knowing that's the prime spot for TB to come from.

I actually think that the reason Nick isn't TB is because he likely demanded too much money, as he should...he is worth FAR more than Ben, imo, when it comes to ratings and such.

leselihau

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Tue Aug 25, 2015 9:39 am

chasingpavements wrote:So, what do you guys think...will Nick's thread finally die down now that he's officially not doing any bachelor shows ever again! My prediction is that things will quiet down until he starts dating an ex-contestant or other reality TV star. 

Btw, loved possesionista's description of Nick's IG in her periscope "it's like it's trying way too hard, but I also feel very inappropriate looking at it". Completely how I feel - should come with a NSFW warning! 

Thought Brooks's tweet was interesting too: @brooksforester: There are a few reasons why @benhiggi was chosen over @viallnicholas28...okay one.Ben was an option.There is always #BacheloreinParadise

He's not wrong.

I am speaking from my own perspective, one that goes into about 98% of the threads daily and keeps abreast of the postings.
Probably over half of the Nick postings have nothing to do with him being involved in this franchise. So to answer the question about the thread dying down --no.
The people who enjoy following him and posting about him are going to continue doing so. Those that don't care for him will move on as other threads regarding other cast.
I interpreted Brooks' comment to mean as I myself felt: Nick was never a contender as a choice in his mind or TPTB's for TB. He simply was not an option.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by isittrue Tue Aug 25, 2015 10:46 am

chasingpavements wrote:So, what do you guys think...will Nick's thread finally die down now that he's officially not doing any bachelor shows ever again! My prediction is that things will quiet down until he starts dating an ex-contestant or other reality TV star. 

He's not wrong.

Oh I think Nick will find someway to stay relevant. He enjoys it too much not to at this point. jmho

isittrue

Back to top Go down

Post by Luvstruck Tue Aug 25, 2015 11:25 am

isittrue wrote:

He's not wrong.

Oh I think Nick will find someway to stay relevant.  He enjoys it too much not to at this point.  jmho

I think ABC knows Nick brings viewers so they will use him whenever they can. Just having him show up last night was an indication of how they will pull him out of the hat when they can for a surprise.

Luvstruck

Back to top Go down

Post by umngirl Tue Aug 25, 2015 11:32 am

I'm so thankful I can look forward to a season where I don't have to watch Nick attempt to woo the lead with his brand of romance. Unless he's been hiding something....

teamnick -  Nick Viall - Bachelorette 11 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion #7 - Page 45 87b72b10 teamnick -  Nick Viall - Bachelorette 11 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion #7 - Page 45 86669110 teamnick -  Nick Viall - Bachelorette 11 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion #7 - Page 45 Fd795c10
umngirl
umngirl

Female Posts : 20215

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 45 of 80 Previous  1 ... 24 ... 44, 45, 46 ... 62 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Nick Viall - Bachelorette 11 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion #7

+59
GuardianAngel
jen689
Bet2Win
FLChica
Mustang19