SELECT CONTENT

Nick Viall - Bachelorette 11 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion #7

Page 53 of 80 Previous  1 ... 28 ... 52, 53, 54 ... 66 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

dope -  Nick Viall - Bachelorette 11 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion #7 - Page 53 Empty Re: Nick Viall - Bachelorette 11 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion #7

Post by GuardianAngel Thu Aug 27, 2015 9:11 pm

There will always be a double standard in everyone's eyes depending on the topic, and who is favoured.

If your favourite suddenly became a male model, it will be a wonderful idea, and looked upon as why not take the opportunity.

If someone you despise became a male model, they are seeking attention and fame.

We know that's just the way it is. No one will suddenly all agree with each other. That's why we discuss.

If one doesn't like anything he does with his life, it's your right to voice your opinion. If one is happy for him, it's their right to voice their opinion.

If one gets frustrated because another posts glowing comments, then the double standard comes into play.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71507

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

dope -  Nick Viall - Bachelorette 11 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion #7 - Page 53 Empty Re: Nick Viall - Bachelorette 11 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion #7

Post by Guest Thu Aug 27, 2015 9:17 pm

Dear Mods, 

I can only speak for myself, I do always want to interact with the non Nick fans because I try to see where them come from. Therefore, I try to interact with them, ask them why do they think this and this, and I try to tell them what I see too. I know we can not sway others over, but I try to express my POV too because every coins must have two sides. I interact with them in a general thread not because I think I'm the only one who is right and cannot accept negative comments about Nick and feel the need to defend him, just because I really see things very differently that I need to voice out.

For me, it's always ideas exchange, not attacking/defending.

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Thu Aug 27, 2015 9:19 pm

sdmom wrote:For one shirtless picture Nick posts, there are twenty more that he's fully clothed. In fact, the one IG photo before the shirtless one, he's dressed up  for an event to support the  fight against domestic violence. It was talked about in fan thread, but not in discussion thread, because no one brings the picture over. I admire people who take time, money and/or energy to support charity work. I am not really a fan of Josh, but I respect his heart for charity, same for Ben's upcoming trip to Honduras. I would even admire the current couple as well if they do the same.
:yes: ITA. I think it is an admirable quality in anyone to use their platform for charity and bring attention to the needs of others and issues that are important. That Nick is using his platform to bring awareness to domestic violence is something that I personally appreciate.

It is a positive to me that Nick uses that platform in such a way and if posting some shirtless pics when he is now a signed model and that is what he is selling as a model is his body/looks then by all means no problem - I see it as Nick doing his job and his IG is linked to his website which is tied into his job as a model and all models use these avenues to promote and build a brand based on physicality.

TB, Ben posts pics of him w/out a shirt on eating his dinner.
F1/lead Bette, Shawn and K posts pics of him without a shirt on promoting candles and him on golfing nude.
F2, Nick posts shirtless pics of him hiking the trail to the Hollywood sign.

It's all the same to me.
Just guys not having shirts on and posted on personal IG accounts.
It's no bid deal to me that any of them do it. no idea

Last edited by AllAboutLove on Thu Aug 27, 2015 9:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Thu Aug 27, 2015 9:22 pm

peggy0221 wrote:Dear Mods, 

I can only speak for myself, I do always want to interact with the non Nick fans because I try to see where them come from. Therefore, I try to interact with them, ask them why do they think this and this, and I try to tell them what I see too. I know we can not sway others over, but I try to express my POV too because every coins must have two sides. I interact with them in a general thread not because I think I'm the only one who is right and cannot accept negative comments about Nick and feel the need to defend him, just because I really see things very differently that I need to voice out.

For me, it's always ideas exchange, not attacking/defending.

Peggy, this is an excellent post. This is what goes on in every thread on this forum. We all exchange our opinions. Everyone is going to respond to a post whether we agree or not, and that is the whole idea of a forum.

No one should refrain from posting what they think. Agree or disagree, we all dislike someone, and we all voice our opinions. If someone were to post a negative comment in Jason Mesnick's General Discussion thread, and someone else responds with a positive one, that's great. The same goes for Nick Viall's general discussion thread. No more, no less important than the other.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71507

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by TrishB Thu Aug 27, 2015 9:22 pm

chasingpavements wrote:
bleuberry wrote:Is one hip bone missing? laugh out loud Something looks strange to me in that pic.

Someone commented pull up your pants and if he lost his belt laugh out loud. I wonder if he walks around like that or if it's just for photo ops. question
I always feel awkward on behalf of the people taking these pics for Nick. With Nick being like "hey, man, let me just take my shirt off. No, you can't get in the pic with me! Wait, my pants aren't low enough. Are my arms flexed enough? Okay, ready - lets do 25 takes just to be safe".

I wouldn't feel too awkward CP :winkie: Who knows? maybe whoever took that pic truly enjoyed it, perhaps even encouraged it? laugh out loud!  I also want to mention that Nick was hiking, isn't it absolutely normal to be shirtless while doing that?....95% or more of his shirtless (or semi-shirtless) pics, have been done in photoshoots, and by a professional photographer through an agency,  since he is part of a couple of them now...very impressive IMO.  Trust me, I have also enjoyed the shirtless pics of our new Bach while running/jogging in the middle of a street, and while sitting at the table for dinner...these boys are great looking, lucky for us that once in a while we get to see how hard they work to keep in shape Smiley

IMHO (and humble one as well) I would never picture Nick telling anyone to take his pic, with or without a shirt, telling them to wait as his pants are not low enough, and asking them to take 25 at least, etc etc ...Sounds very funny actually, but he just does not strike me as a man to act like that, on the contrary...IMO he is very humble and doesn't even realize how hot he is, probably, laugh out loud!

dope -  Nick Viall - Bachelorette 11 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion #7 - Page 53 Daniel12

"If I have seen far, It is because I have stood on the shoulders of giants" - Quoted by my beloved son Daniel on his HS Yearbook, June 2001 - Photo taken in Cusco, Peru by his best friend Thomas
TrishB
TrishB

Female Posts : 416

Back to top Go down

Post by umngirl Thu Aug 27, 2015 9:23 pm

peggy0221 wrote:
umngirl wrote:
peggy0221 wrote:

At least he doesn't hurt anyone doing it
Fame whore so much, but why not?

I can show you what I found after the double standard too, I can copy and paste those msg and show you via pm. It's the same in every thread.

While the shirtless pics aren't causing harm, they are unnecessary. Modeling or otherwise. If he is a decent enough model, his portfolio he takes to castings will get him hired just fine without him having to post shirtless pics on IG. Again JMO. FTR, I know models/singers/etc get "discovered" on social media all the time. Nick isn't an unknown so it's not the same thing as when that happens by accident IMO.

It may not be normal in the state, but as I poster earlier, TONS of male artists up to any age and young guys  post this kind of pic.
There are unnecessary, according to your standard, especially for those teenagers who is just a normal person without the hope to become famous. but we don't find it abnormal because we know what's behind it.
 Maybe you know what's behind Nick too? Let us know if you do, thanks.

I find shirtless pics from people of any age, race, etc. unnecessary unless they are in a situation where being shirtless makes sense, like swimming. And the teenage boys I used to teach who posted shirtless selfies got the same message from me.

dope -  Nick Viall - Bachelorette 11 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion #7 - Page 53 87b72b10 dope -  Nick Viall - Bachelorette 11 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion #7 - Page 53 86669110 dope -  Nick Viall - Bachelorette 11 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion #7 - Page 53 Fd795c10
umngirl
umngirl

Female Posts : 20215

Back to top Go down

Post by rhondam Thu Aug 27, 2015 9:28 pm

Mods and Members, IMO the problem doesn't stem from negative and differing opinions about each other's fans. I see the problem when non-factual information is being posted as fact.  

**edited** Nick using hashtag hipbone referred to him wanting attention and equating it to women's thigh gap when IN FACT he used the hipbone hashtag because some commenters were mistakening his hipbone and shadow for his p*nis.

**edoted** Nick was not working based on heresay information from a commenter on his IG post whose husband worked for SalesForce and FAILING TO include the balance of the information to complete that statement and that is that Nick said that the woman should not believe everything she hears and that he is still working there.

It was my understanding that an important rule on this board is to use IMO and JMO. These untruths wouldn't have carried the weight they did had all the information been included in these posts!!! JMO

Last edited by GuardianAngel on Thu Aug 27, 2015 11:56 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : glaring typo!! :))
rhondam
rhondam

Female Posts : 2142

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Thu Aug 27, 2015 9:29 pm

umngirl wrote:
I find shirtless pics from people of any age, race, etc. unnecessary unless they are in a situation where being shirtless makes sense, like swimming. And the teenage boys I used to teach who posted shirtless selfies got the same message from me.
I respect that and understand it. However I do find it interesting that Ben can post pics of him shirtless eating dinner and yet he doesn't get this type of feedback that Nick garners for his shirtless pics in his thread. But that is for his thread.

For Nick's thread, it just doesn't seem to be any different than any of the other guys on this forum who are posting shirtless pics when they don't need to be without a shirt.
So, all of them are in the same boat: Nick, Shawn, Ben, etc, etc, etc.

It really is just different strokes for different folks.
Nick and other guys already mentioned seem to want to go shirtless (all of them) when they don't need to be.
But because they do, I just see it as the same thing amongst all of them and I say flaunt it while you can and while you are young.
jmo
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Thu Aug 27, 2015 9:31 pm

Ok. enuff. I'm tired and bitchy.

An hour later and one big bowl of ice cream, life is good.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Thu Aug 27, 2015 11:48 pm

OK...
It has been about an hour--70 minutes roughly since this thread has been unlocked and I am about to lock it again.
We do not call other members out on this forum.
I don't know how to spell this out more clearly. It is becoming very frustrating for all of the mods.
Apparently, there seems to be some confusion with forum rules. I am going to suggest for any member who sees their posts edited, deleted or other issues to visit the About our site section.
here

Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Back to top Go down

Post by Bet2Win Thu Aug 27, 2015 11:51 pm

For clarification, the general discussion threads are here for discussion, good, bad and ugly regarding the cast member. What is not up for discussion is other members, whether individually or collectively.

Examples:

1. Bet is hypocritical and sure has a double standard when it comes to Joe Blow vs Jane Doe.

2. This forum has double standards when it comes to Joe Blow vs Jane Doe.

3. Joe blow's fans have double standards.

Above, not acceptable.

What is acceptable: I hate Joe Blow, he's a mysogonistic pig. I actually like Joe Blow, finally a real man. I'm neutral on Joe Blow, but his picker sure is off.

Bet2Win
Bet2Win

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Thu Aug 27, 2015 11:58 pm

Joe Blows. IMOAA.
Did you say his pecker is off?

Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 53 of 80 Previous  1 ... 28 ... 52, 53, 54 ... 66 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Nick Viall - Bachelorette 11 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion #7

+59
GuardianAngel
jen689
Bet2Win
FLChica
Mustang19