SELECT CONTENT

Nick Viall - Bachelorette 11 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion #7

Page 66 of 80 Previous  1 ... 34 ... 65, 66, 67 ... 73 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

8 -  Nick Viall - Bachelorette 11 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion #7 - Page 66 Empty Re: Nick Viall - Bachelorette 11 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion #7

Post by umngirl Wed Sep 02, 2015 11:50 pm

peggy0221 wrote:
umngirl wrote:
peggy0221 wrote:

You said it so right, thousands of other models are also a dime in a dozen, not only Nick. And I too wonder why there are still thousands of people out there wanting to be a model scratch

After all, maybe Nick is just as normal as those thousands of people. Just happened we don't know those thousands, they maybe posting thousands of shirtless pic too.rotfl

Some people make it sound like Nick is some top model with all these gigs. He's not. That was my point. He's exactly like the other thousands trying to achieve the same modeling goals. A special snowflake in that regard he is not.

Maybe you can point me to comments indicating Nick is a top model?
I thought I never see one.

Besides, just so you know, he is always a top model in my book, always.
 But I don't know nor can I see other's book.

Talk of a lucrative modeling career, being shot by all these different photographers so he must be sought after, etc.

Truth is, he is trying to build a working portfolio and get gigs. He's not a guy just being given top jobs like the cream of the crop are able to do.

8 -  Nick Viall - Bachelorette 11 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion #7 - Page 66 87b72b10 8 -  Nick Viall - Bachelorette 11 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion #7 - Page 66 86669110 8 -  Nick Viall - Bachelorette 11 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion #7 - Page 66 Fd795c10
umngirl
umngirl

Female Posts : 20215

Back to top Go down

8 -  Nick Viall - Bachelorette 11 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion #7 - Page 66 Empty Re: Nick Viall - Bachelorette 11 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion #7

Post by bleuberry Thu Sep 03, 2015 12:17 am

He now has 'Wilhelmina Models' in his IG bio. giggling Once upon a time didn't he have a link to Salesforce there?

8 -  Nick Viall - Bachelorette 11 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion #7 - Page 66 6rj59l

In a little glass church built from the inspiration of dreams,  their vows danced through the air 
like smoke from a vigil candle, consummating a love now deeply matured. -Zak Waddell
bleuberry
bleuberry

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 03, 2015 12:26 am

giggling giggling I am here laughing my head off because Nick is not the new bachelor and he is still getting talked about. Imagine! Nick if you read here live loud and proud. Best of luck to you, continue to keep it real.

Back to top Go down

Post by OnePromise Thu Sep 03, 2015 12:26 am

I don't think anyone, including Nick, believes that he is a "special snowflake" or top model.  As you said, he is starting at the beginning of his modeling career just like every other new model.  He is building his portfolio just like every other new model.  He is advertising himself on SM just like every other new model.  And whether we agree with it or not, new male models with nice bodies are asked to use them as a selling point because they are a big selling point.  Just like many female models are asked to pose in bikinis or even nude.  I don't think that it is right to judge Nick (or any model) for just doing his job.  IMO, Nick's portfolio is quite tame when compared to most other male models of any age.  

I also do not think it fair to assume that he is posting any photos (even the shirtless ones) just to get attention for himself or to boost his ego.  Nick knows what everyone knows... Sex sells.  If he wants to be successful as a male model, he has to show skin.  That is how it works.  He has decided to try to be sucessful in the modeling world, so he has to play the game.  

And to be quite honest, Nick did not seek this opportunity out.  He was approached first.  And if I were to think of him as a "special snowflake" for anything, it would be that someone saw Nick's handsome face and thought he would make a successful model... And at age 35, well past the typical starting age for most models.   I don't know about all of you, but that alone is impressive to me.  How flattering and complimentary to have a stranger who is trained to find talent, approach you?  If I were Nick, I'd feel encouraged as well.

BTW, I thought that since Nick was not the next Bachelor, everyone would stop talking about him. Don't get me wrong, I love to discuss Nick, but it seems like the hype surrounding him doesn't fade away too easily... Even among those who are not fans of Nick. Smiley

OnePromise

Back to top Go down

Post by sdmom Thu Sep 03, 2015 12:37 am

If I only read this thread, I would think the only thing Nick posts is his shirtless pictures. He posted attending a charity event- no mention here. He posted why he thought Ben is GOAT- no mention here. Ben thanked him for his support and insight, even before other names - no mention here. When he posts a shirtless picture: BOOM! Fans and non fans debate back and forth. Doesn't this serve his purpose: generating more publicity and boost his ego? hmmm

"Even if I knew that tomorrow the world would go to pieces, I would still plant my apple tree"~ Martin Luther
sdmom
sdmom

Back to top Go down

Post by bleuberry Thu Sep 03, 2015 12:53 am

We still talk about contestants (many of whom were not leads) years later and for some even a decade after their season, and naturally Nick is from the most recent one, and still living in the spotlight to an extent.

Last edited by bleuberry on Thu Sep 03, 2015 1:22 am; edited 1 time in total

8 -  Nick Viall - Bachelorette 11 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion #7 - Page 66 6rj59l

In a little glass church built from the inspiration of dreams,  their vows danced through the air 
like smoke from a vigil candle, consummating a love now deeply matured. -Zak Waddell
bleuberry
bleuberry

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 03, 2015 12:57 am

OnePromise wrote:
BTW, I thought that since Nick was not the next Bachelor, everyone would stop talking about him.  Don't get me wrong, I love to discuss Nick, but it seems like the hype surrounding him doesn't fade away too easily... Even among those who are not fans of Nick.  Smiley

I don't really understand that...Josh hasn't been on TV for 1.25 years and there's a thread #8 on him. We're only on #7 for Nick and he was JUST on TV. I just think it's a weird way to measure the importance of someone. When a character does something "controversial", conversation will ensue. That's why the threads for people that have gone back to their normal life have also disappeared, even though the guys themselves were super popular, like Roberto, Arie, Ben Z, etc. The ones that keep doing things worthy of critique will have happenin' threads. Has little to do with the popularity of the contestant, IMHO.

Back to top Go down

Post by sdmom Thu Sep 03, 2015 1:03 am

To me, I feel like we only talk about his shirtless pictures here, or I should say, his shirtless pictures generates more discussion. I actually enjoyed discussing if he got paid or not as a model now, and how he handles sm negativity, but I guess that's just me. Maybe those are topics more suitable for fan thread?

"Even if I knew that tomorrow the world would go to pieces, I would still plant my apple tree"~ Martin Luther
sdmom
sdmom

Back to top Go down

Post by OnePromise Thu Sep 03, 2015 1:12 am

chasingpavements wrote:
OnePromise wrote:
BTW, I thought that since Nick was not the next Bachelor, everyone would stop talking about him.  Don't get me wrong, I love to discuss Nick, but it seems like the hype surrounding him doesn't fade away too easily... Even among those who are not fans of Nick.  Smiley

I don't really understand that...Josh hasn't been on TV for 1.25 years and there's a thread #8 on him. We're only on #7 for Nick and he was JUST on TV. I just think it's a weird way to measure the importance of someone. When a character does something "controversial", conversation will ensue. That's why the threads for people that have gone back to their normal life have also disappeared, even though the guys themselves were super popular, like Roberto, Arie, Ben Z, etc. The ones that keep doing things worthy of critique will have happenin' threads. Has little to do with the popularity of the contestant, IMHO.

Along those lines of measuring a contestants popularity by number of threads... Nick's fan thread is on #17, while Josh's is only on #2.  I am not sure numbering of threads is a good way to measure a contestant's popularity as you said CP.  

However, my comment was really just to point out that a number of posters were very glad that Nick would no longer be mentioned after he was not announced as the next Bachelor.  And unfortunately for them, his name still keeps coming up.   But for me, this turn of events is fortunate as I enjoy speculating and discussing all things Nick related.  

In other more positive news, Nick wished Sharleen a Happy Birthday with a post on IG.

Nickviall: One of the best parts of my time with the show was meeting this special lady.  The 2nd was meeting her fiance.  Happy Birthday @sharleenjoynt.  Love you @machinelevine.  

Sharleen responded: Thank you @nickviall! Looking forward to your next visit.  #bromance

It is encouraging to me that someone as intelligent and cultured as Sharleen enjoys spending time with Nick.  That speaks volumes to me about his true character.

OnePromise

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 03, 2015 1:21 am

^^ That's just because for 8 months, Andi/Josh's fan thread were combined (like Kaitlyn/Shawn's are). Anyways, I agree - doesn't really matter much, but that's exactly why it would stop being brought up! Talking about why people talk about Nick is so boring, when we could be be making better use of that time predicting what underwear he'll be showcasing next!

In regards to Sharleen, who I love (obviously <--), I have to admit that her taste in friends isn't that discriminating. She has staunchly defended JP of "I love f-ing you" fame, "naked" lucy, Lauren "the mistress", and now Chris B, who's supposedly self-effacing. Who DOESN'T Sharleen like?

All, IMO!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 03, 2015 1:30 am

I would say, Nick has some dedicated fans, as well as some dedicated non fans too. The number of threads is not a meter to measure importance/popularity, but just simply show people either love to love him, or love to hate him too.

I think OP was just suggesting, in order for the non fans to not be annoyed by Nick anymore, let this thread die down. I think she is not intended to mean Nick is an important person who worth all the talk. CMIIW, OP. Smiley

Back to top Go down

Post by california90 Thu Sep 03, 2015 1:34 am

I think the die hard fans here might just amplify and talk him up, but that is because they're fans. It's no different than say SeanCat diehard fans or Andi fans (or even Emily/1F/Arie fans awhile back). Diehard fans in general are very intense and they WILL think they are special snowflakes. That is a given. When I'm in certain threads, I already know which poster will defend and which ones will talk smack laugh out loud.

california90

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 66 of 80 Previous  1 ... 34 ... 65, 66, 67 ... 73 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Nick Viall - Bachelorette 11 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion #7

+59
GuardianAngel
jen689
Bet2Win
FLChica
Mustang19