SELECT CONTENT

Nick Viall - Bachelorette 11 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion #7

Page 69 of 80 Previous  1 ... 36 ... 68, 69, 70 ... 74 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

dope -  Nick Viall - Bachelorette 11 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion #7 - Page 69 Empty Re: Nick Viall - Bachelorette 11 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion #7

Post by OnePromise Thu Sep 03, 2015 12:24 pm

Because I'm a numbers, accuracy type person, I took one for the team and counted the number of shirtless pictures on Nick's IG just for perspective.  There are a total of 12 shirtless IG postings.  A dozen.  Out of almost 300 total.  That's a whopping 4%.  

To compare, he has posted a generic food/drink posting about 20 times, city/scenic views 16 times and funny or meaningful quotes about 20 times.  The type of photo he posts the most often are those with family or friends... About 130 times.  

If Nick really is using his physique to attention seek, he should post himself shirtless more often.  I wouldn't complain.  On the contrary, I think that he posts about what he is excited about in life, what he cares about the most... His family and friends, his travels and the exciting new things in his life.  IMO, he does this to give his fans a glimpse into his life.  Recently his IG has changed to be an editorial about his life... One experience at a time.  If he took a shirtless modeling shot, he shares it.  If he hugged Ben H to congratulate him, he shares it.  If he attends the VMAS, he shares it.  If he travels to NYC, he shares it.  If he climbs to the Hollywood sign shirtless, he shares it.  

As a fan I say, keep it up Nick.  Loving "a day in the life of Nick" to be sure.

OnePromise

Back to top Go down

dope -  Nick Viall - Bachelorette 11 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion #7 - Page 69 Empty Re: Nick Viall - Bachelorette 11 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion #7

Post by Guest Thu Sep 03, 2015 12:32 pm

OP thumbsupclapping!clapping!clapping!

Back to top Go down

Post by sdmom Thu Sep 03, 2015 12:49 pm

OP, Good Post I agree word
Nick posted a shirtless picture yesterday afternoon. Less than two hours later, the picture was posted here and generated pages and pages of discussion (from page 62) from fans and non fans. What's my point? People do talk about him, positively and negatively.
Also, Nick's facebook, which is much more private than his twitter and IG, still lists he WORKS at Salesforce. He updated his account on 8/22, so my assumption is he probably still works there. Do I know this for sure? NO, but I don't think anyone here on this board is certain, we are just speculating. BTW, he said he was approached by the model agent who didn't know he was on tv, not the other way around. I don't know if this is posted before but just want to make it clear.

"Even if I knew that tomorrow the world would go to pieces, I would still plant my apple tree"~ Martin Luther
sdmom
sdmom

Back to top Go down

Post by emusha Thu Sep 03, 2015 1:03 pm

I think CH's comment to Ben when he was announced as TB to allow the experience to enhance his real life is really spot on and I think it's because of the recent "fame got in their heads" people in the franchise i.e. Chris Soules, Andi and a bunch of other people who pander to the public even unsuccessfully (such as Chris B who publicly apologized for letting fame get to his head).

There's no reason a human Nick would be completely immune to the fame. Personally, I think the easy money and perks can be very appealing for people. Maybe Nick felt like he's been through a lot on tv might as well get something out of it. Plus he's made to handle the negative comments which literally roll off his back. I have nothing against the likes of michelle money, sean, jillian and others who are obviously very invested in the fame part of the game as an activity which supplements a certain kind of lifestyle for them. Is Nick a fame-ho? Maybe. Does that make him a person who treats people badly and loses sight of his imperfections or even his priorities in life? Don't think so but I don't know for sure since I don't interact with him daily.

In general, everyone goes on this show partly for the TV show adventure part of it -- every single person that goes on this show does it with that being part of the appeal - the exposure and what it could be for them. Consider of the thought process you'd have to go through to make a decision to date ON TV (not speed dating, online dating or getting set up but on a TV show?) that should tell you something.

I will say though when people who are into attention for the attention their charm starts to wear off -- I have yet to see something that has made his appeal imperfect diminish just yet
emusha
emusha

Back to top Go down

Post by mindless Thu Sep 03, 2015 1:10 pm

ironcat wrote:The truth is, unless someone here is Nick's accountant, none of us know how successful Nick's career has been to date.  There have been a lot of assumptions made that he was doing extremely well in his sales job, making gobs of money, and so well thought of that he was allowed to take off lots of time to be on two Bachelor shows (and possibly DWTS?).  IF he has really now chucked this all in order to pursue a modeling career at almost 35 years of age,  I have to question how well he actually was doing at SalesForce.  Breaking into modeling is tough; yeah, he has a great body (so do lots of male models, athletes and gym rats), his face is pleasantly handsome IMO but I don't think he has the drop dead gorgeous looks that many male models do have, so I will be very surprised if we ever see him in a major photo shoot of any kind where serious money would be paid.  I really hope he's not chasing this at his age, and hasn't really quit his sales job.  That would indicate to me that fame really has gone to his head.

Well the base salary alone for an account executive at SalesForce is around 90k per year, so I do think he's making a decent living, especially compared to a lot of other people from this franchise. I don't believe for one minute he'd throw that kind of money away for any fame venture. Whatever you may think of him, he's not that stupid. He had a SalesForce link in his SM profiles for a while, probably in exchange for getting to take some more time off. But now he's got personal ventures to promote, such as his modelling and blog, so it makes sense that he's promoting those instead of his day job. Doesn't mean he quit.
mindless
mindless

Back to top Go down

Post by alwaystulips Thu Sep 03, 2015 1:16 pm

My point was not about the amount of shirtless pics.  It was the timing of posting yesterday's pic.  

Posting it yesterday after the DWTS announcement says to me he wanted to remind people that even though he didn't get the gig, he is still smokin' hot, and here's my half naked body to prove it.  For all I know, it was a visual FU to Julie Berry, his friend who's an associate producer on DWTS this season.  That's how I see it, but I know people see it differently.

Frankly, I don't think we'll ever know what happened with their (his/Julie's) conversations and the subsequent casting, but Nick seemed to really buy deep into the idea that he was a viable choice - hence, his disappointment.  If that's the disappointment he was referring to.  He wasn't direct about it. 

As for leaving SalesForce, I don't think he has confirmed or denied it publically.  In response to the SM conversation with the spouse of someone who works there, he just said don't pay attention to second half information.  He doesn't owe anyone a direct answer, but that's part of my main issue with Nick.  He's rarely direct in his communication, IMO.  Maybe it's just his way of keeping people talking about him.

I just had a horrifying thought.  What if TPTB give Nick a co-hosting shot on the "After" Bachelor/Bachelorette shows they are considering?!  Please noooooooo.
alwaystulips
alwaystulips

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 03, 2015 1:17 pm

90k? wow, that's a very very decent earning.
Never know that, really. Maybe an ex 'ette didn't know it as well, otherwise she may pick Nick over her ex-fiancee cantstoplgiggling

Back to top Go down

Post by OnePromise Thu Sep 03, 2015 1:40 pm

alwaystulips wrote:My point was not about the amount of shirtless pics.  It was the timing of posting yesterday's pic.  

Posting it yesterday after the DWTS announcement says to me he wanted to remind people that even though he didn't get the gig, he is still smokin' hot, and here's my half naked body to prove it.  For all I know, it was a visual FU to Julie Berry, his friend who's an associate producer on DWTS this season.  That's how I see it, but I know people see it differently.

Frankly, I don't think we'll ever know what happened with their (his/Julie's) conversations and the subsequent casting, but Nick seemed to really buy deep into the idea that he was a viable choice - hence, his disappointment.  If that's the disappointment he was referring to.  He wasn't direct about it. 

As for leaving SalesForce, I don't think he has confirmed or denied it publically.  In response to the SM conversation with the spouse of someone who works there, he just said don't pay attention to second half information.  He doesn't owe anyone a direct answer, but that's part of my main issue with Nick.  He's rarely direct in his communication, IMO.  Maybe it's just his way of keeping people talking about him.

I just had a horrifying thought.  What if TPTB give Nick a co-hosting shot on the "After" Bachelor/Bachelorette shows they are considering?!  Please noooooooo.

As much as I would love to watch Nick every week, I don't think that CH would stand for that. He has said a number of times that Nick is too wordy. I can't see that avenue being right for him. He would do much better giving counsel to the contestants during the actual show. Sort of a "what not to do" type of thing. But you never know, Nick does seem to bring attention to the show in one way or another.

OnePromise

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 03, 2015 1:43 pm

peggy0221 wrote:90k? wow, that's a very very decent earning.
Never know that, really. Maybe an ex 'ette didn't know it as well, otherwise she may pick Nick over her ex-fiancee cantstoplgiggling
Haha, so true! Instead of writing her that heartfelt letter, he should have just written his salary in humongous font and that girl would have been his.

Back to top Go down

Post by bleuberry Thu Sep 03, 2015 1:47 pm

Here, my notice of assessment from my 2014 tax return. laugh out loud

dope -  Nick Viall - Bachelorette 11 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion #7 - Page 69 6rj59l

In a little glass church built from the inspiration of dreams,  their vows danced through the air 
like smoke from a vigil candle, consummating a love now deeply matured. -Zak Waddell
bleuberry
bleuberry

Back to top Go down

Post by ironcat Thu Sep 03, 2015 1:47 pm

In Chicago, 90K won't go all that far, it would make him moderately successful for someone in their mid 30's (compared to the average, college educated population, NOT Bachelor Nation, which seems to attract a high percentage of the un/underemployed).  The important factor would be how much he is earning in commissions and/or bonuses, that's where the serious money gets made.  All I'm saying is IF Nick did quit SalesForce to focus all his efforts into modeling, it indicates to me that he wasn't making all that much extra in his sales job, or he is becoming obsessed with fame, or both.  And I agree that I hope he isn't that stupid.

(This is based on my 30 years of experience as a head hunter, BTW.)

Last edited by ironcat on Thu Sep 03, 2015 1:56 pm; edited 1 time in total

ironcat

Back to top Go down

Post by Justafan2 Thu Sep 03, 2015 1:54 pm

Just wanted to throw it out there that a certain previous 'ette's ex-fiancee makes way over 90K a year with what they are doing.

Justafan2

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 69 of 80 Previous  1 ... 36 ... 68, 69, 70 ... 74 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Nick Viall - Bachelorette 11 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion #7

+59
GuardianAngel
jen689
Bet2Win
FLChica
Mustang19