SELECT CONTENT

Nick Viall - Bachelorette 11 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion #7

Page 71 of 80 Previous  1 ... 37 ... 70, 71, 72 ... 75 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

wilhelminamodels -  Nick Viall - Bachelorette 11 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion #7 - Page 71 Empty Re: Nick Viall - Bachelorette 11 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion #7

Post by Guest Fri Sep 04, 2015 1:08 am

AllAboutLove wrote:
OnePromise wrote:Because I'm a numbers, accuracy type person, I took one for the team and counted the number of shirtless pictures on Nick's IG just for perspective.  There are a total of 12 shirtless IG postings.  A dozen.  Out of almost 300 total.  That's a whopping 4%.  
Darn. 4% is not cutting it. I do wonder... out  of that 4%... how many are professional photographs opposed to the many we see by other guys from this franchise who posts pics of themselves shirtless?

Bottom line, if Nick wants to model he will need to promote that side of him - especially on his SM.

With male models, it is always more about the physique/body and shirtless pics. David Beckham does underwear as does countless other models. Nick actually reminds me of another model (not facially similar but similar in that they are not the typical model guy... more cute than rugged) who forayed into movies... Jamie Dornan (Calvin Klein model and 50ShadesofGrey actor).

I ask this, as someone who knows absolutely nothing about the modeling industry: is that really true? I noticed that Brooks and Drew, who are both also represented by Wilhelmina have had 4 and 0 shirtless pics in the last YEAR, respectively, on IG. And, most of Brooks' pics were funny ones, not posed "look how hot I am" ones. Even Drew's girlfriend, who I believe is also a model, actually has a private IG, which you would think would be a bad business decision if SM "likes" is really the way to becoming a top model.

Courtney Robertson, who's arguably the most successful model from this franchise, actually said in her book that her agent said that going on the Bachelor would not help her career and would most likely hurt it. I can't imagine someone like Nick really making it big with his age, mediocre looks, and reality TV history, but who knows?

All, IMO!

Back to top Go down

wilhelminamodels -  Nick Viall - Bachelorette 11 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion #7 - Page 71 Empty Re: Nick Viall - Bachelorette 11 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion #7

Post by AllAboutLove Fri Sep 04, 2015 2:21 am

All Jmo: I think it depends on what that model is marketed as - more about clothes or more about the physique.

If Nick is getting lots of shots with his pants half unbuttoned then that is what he may be marketed for.
It is similar to Jamie Dornan, David Beckham, etc (not that Nick is even close to that league of people) but they promote their physiques/bodies rather than clothing. So a sex factor if you will more than promoting clothes.

Considering that Nick has the sex factor (meaning, he is fine with that and on both season he became somewhat the poster boy for talking about sex openly) it is not surprising that this is how he will be marketed.

I don't compare to the others in the franchise who model b/c I don't see them as having marketed themselves or have others market them that way. Some models are more clothing models (I see Brooks as that) and so they fit that look while others are more no-clothing/underwear models (which I see Nick as).

AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by california90 Fri Sep 04, 2015 2:23 am

I would like to let you ALL know that I was in this topic earlier and pressed to reply this morning and that was the end of it for my laptop!!! It froze my laptop and I force restart and it was too much for my poor laptop that the hard drive finally broke down. I never did a full backup but I know I saved a good amount of the really important docs. Sheesh, all for wanting to reply! Lol. I can't even remember what I wanted to reply to haha.

california90

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Fri Sep 04, 2015 2:26 am

california90 wrote:I would like to let you ALL know that I was in this topic earlier and pressed to reply this morning and that was the end of it for my laptop!!! It froze my laptop and I force restart and it was too much for my poor laptop that the hard drive finally broke down. I never did a full backup but I know I saved a good amount of the really important docs. Sheesh, all for wanting to reply! Lol. I can't even remember what I wanted to reply to haha.

Ugh! So sorry about that with your hard drive. Immensely frustrating when that happens. hmmm

Blame it on Nick. Definitely Nick's fault. wilhelminamodels -  Nick Viall - Bachelorette 11 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion #7 - Page 71 3806527698
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by OnePromise Fri Sep 04, 2015 2:29 am

CP, if you want to get a good idea of what type of photos are promoted for male models, take a look at Wilhelmina's home page for men and click to any of the portfolios listed:

http://www.wilhelmina.com/miami/models/mainboard/men

In my opinion, Nick's portfolio is tame considering some of the other guys.  

But, you are right.  He will probably not "make it big" in the modeling world.  I don't really think that he is intending to.  It seems to me like he is viewing the whole modeling thing as an adventurous side job to his otherwise regular and kinda boring life.

OnePromise

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 04, 2015 2:40 am

So, Nick has always been portrayed as the cocky douche who loves the attention more than anything, who would do whatever it takes to advance himself, but now, what he does is showing some pretty tame shirtless pic which most think would not help him at all.

Shall I conclude that, maybe we have over analyzed, and looked too much into these people's sm, and this douche is just stupid. 

wilhelminamodels -  Nick Viall - Bachelorette 11 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion #7 - Page 71 3806527698

Back to top Go down

Post by california90 Fri Sep 04, 2015 3:10 am

AllAboutLove wrote:
california90 wrote:I would like to let you ALL know that I was in this topic earlier and pressed to reply this morning and that was the end of it for my laptop!!! It froze my laptop and I force restart and it was too much for my poor laptop that the hard drive finally broke down. I never did a full backup but I know I saved a good amount of the really important docs. Sheesh, all for wanting to reply! Lol. I can't even remember what I wanted to reply to haha.

Ugh! So sorry about that with your hard drive. Immensely frustrating when that happens. hmmm  

Blame it on Nick. Definitely Nick's fault. wilhelminamodels -  Nick Viall - Bachelorette 11 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion #7 - Page 71 3806527698

That's it no more defending this guy! Lol... Part of me really is dying inside though that I don't have everything. Sigh. Lesson learn to backup my life laugh out loud

california90

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Fri Sep 04, 2015 3:22 am

^ O/T: So sorry for that happening. I had that happen before and it was horrible. sad
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by whit90 Fri Sep 04, 2015 9:03 am

chasingpavements wrote:
AllAboutLove wrote:
OnePromise wrote:Because I'm a numbers, accuracy type person, I took one for the team and counted the number of shirtless pictures on Nick's IG just for perspective.  There are a total of 12 shirtless IG postings.  A dozen.  Out of almost 300 total.  That's a whopping 4%.  
Darn. 4% is not cutting it. I do wonder... out  of that 4%... how many are professional photographs opposed to the many we see by other guys from this franchise who posts pics of themselves shirtless?

Bottom line, if Nick wants to model he will need to promote that side of him - especially on his SM.

With male models, it is always more about the physique/body and shirtless pics. David Beckham does underwear as does countless other models. Nick actually reminds me of another model (not facially similar but similar in that they are not the typical model guy... more cute than rugged) who forayed into movies... Jamie Dornan (Calvin Klein model and 50ShadesofGrey actor).

I ask this, as someone who knows absolutely nothing about the modeling industry: is that really true? I noticed that Brooks and Drew, who are both also represented by Wilhelmina have had 4 and 0 shirtless pics in the last YEAR, respectively, on IG. And, most of Brooks' pics were funny ones, not posed "look how hot I am" ones. Even Drew's girlfriend, who I believe is also a model, actually has a private IG, which you would think would be a bad business decision if SM "likes" is really the way to becoming a top model.

Courtney Robertson, who's arguably the most successful model from this franchise, actually said in her book that her agent said that going on the Bachelor would not help her career and would most likely hurt it. I can't imagine someone like Nick really making it big with his age, mediocre looks, and reality TV history, but who knows?

All, IMO!

Brooks has posted a shitless pic. with his pants unbuttoned with a glimpse of his underwear showing and looks great.
whit90
whit90

Back to top Go down

Post by Nibbles22 Fri Sep 04, 2015 9:36 am

^^^ uh yeah, funny how that works, and imo, Nick doesn't have mediocre looks.
Nibbles22
Nibbles22

Female Posts : 1358

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 04, 2015 9:46 am

I just think, if Nick does things the same way as the majority, he would not be a controversial character that induced this much of love, as well as hate. 

I like him the way he is, I like him as Nick Viall.
He's definitely not perfect, he does things that maybe questionable for some, but this is exactly the Nick I see an edge.

I would not like him anymore when the day he becomes the majority and does things to please the mass.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 04, 2015 10:02 am

whit90 wrote:
chasingpavements wrote:
AllAboutLove wrote:

All, IMO!

Brooks has posted a shitless pic. with his pants unbuttoned with a glimpse of his underwear showing and looks great.

:yes: to the bolded. Nick is putting out a very different vibe than others who had modeling work before ever coming on the show. I've followed Brooks since Des' season.  First one I ever remember.  It's not his thing.  One pic like that over a couple years and hundreds of pictures is pretty different than what I've seen posted on here re Nick in the past few months.  JMO.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 71 of 80 Previous  1 ... 37 ... 70, 71, 72 ... 75 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Nick Viall - Bachelorette 11 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion #7

+59
GuardianAngel
jen689
Bet2Win
FLChica
Mustang19