SELECT CONTENT

Nick Viall - Bachelorette 10 - 11 - Discussion #8

Page 1 of 80 1, 2, 3 ... 40 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

cancersucks - Nick Viall - Bachelorette 10 - 11 - Discussion #8 Empty Nick Viall - Bachelorette 10 - 11 - Discussion #8

Post by GuardianAngel Sat Sep 05, 2015 9:41 pm

Continue here.

emusha wrote:
Nibbles22 wrote:I say if anyone has an issue with Nick posting shirtless pics, avoid his SM, it's as simple as that. no idea Life's too short to be angry over someone you don't like in the first place. It's a waste of positive energy. jmo

well I will confess I do thoroughly enjoy mock-following miss MeAndi she's great entertainment to follow tho I've lost touch of her comings and goings recently -- time to go fix that! Hugesmile

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71448

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

cancersucks - Nick Viall - Bachelorette 10 - 11 - Discussion #8 Empty Re: Nick Viall - Bachelorette 10 - 11 - Discussion #8

Post by MVMom39forever Sat Sep 05, 2015 10:53 pm

To the member who posted in prior thread at least he is not selling anything on SM, I respectfully disagree. Nick is selling himself.

If you look at his SM pattern prior to appearing on Andi's season, he very rarely posted anything resembling a selfie. Now he is taking cues from the Kardashian/Jenner clan in his SM posting.

Some want more, some think he's a douchebag.

I don't follow anyone from this franchise on SM but I am far more tolerant of the former leads who are transparent in their actions and intentions. I would never knock anyone for trying to make a living by leveraging their franchise fan base. Shoot, Fleiss makes lots of
money off them, why shouldn't they make money too?

But while I always smile when I see what many, many former cast members are up to, I have a short list who just rub me wrong: Jef Holmes, Jake the pilot actor, Blob, Chris Soules and now bringing up the rear is Nick.
MVMom39forever
MVMom39forever

Female Posts : 2975

Back to top Go down

cancersucks - Nick Viall - Bachelorette 10 - 11 - Discussion #8 Empty Re: Nick Viall - Bachelorette 10 - 11 - Discussion #8

Post by Nibbles22 Sat Sep 05, 2015 11:13 pm

I think there are at least 2 dozen more you could add to that list, including past leads, and partners, or spouses of some of those leads.  jmo
Nibbles22
Nibbles22

Female Posts : 1358

Back to top Go down

Post by Seabear Sat Sep 05, 2015 11:17 pm

I wonder if Nick vacations in the South of France shirtless and in a euro speedo if we will run through a whole thread in less than an hour!??  cantstopl  

I live in a town were people are shirtless all the time. Lucky for me, I don't mind the view on the sidewalks and crosswalks. Hugesmile
Seabear
Seabear

Back to top Go down

Post by whit90 Sat Sep 05, 2015 11:23 pm

It was me that said that sorry to disagree . I would much rather see his pics. than selling some crap like others do. If you followed him and looked at his IG photos he has very few photos of himself . It is his fans that go to his portfolio by professional photographers that post the pics. that are in them. So no I do not see him selling himself like others who post daily their periscope or snapchat to try to get attention and tweet every move they make.
whit90
whit90

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 05, 2015 11:41 pm

Seabear wrote:I wonder if Nick vacations in the South of France shirtless and in a euro speedo if we will run through a whole thread in less than an hour!??  cantstopl  

I live in a town were people are shirtless all the time. Lucky for me, I don't mind the view on the sidewalks and crosswalks. Hugesmile

I don't think anyone is disputing Nick's right to jog shirtless or drink his morning coffee shirtless or stare out the window shirtless and so forth. It's the fact that every time he takes his shirt off, he has this compulsive need to take out his phone, take a picture, then post it to IG.

whit90 wrote:It was me that said that sorry to disagree .  I would much rather see his pics. than selling some crap like others do. If you followed him and looked at his IG photos he has very few photos of himself . It is his fans that go to his portfolio by professional photographers that post the pics. that are in them. So no I do not see him selling himself like others who post daily their periscope or snapchat to try to get attention and tweet every move they make.

Sorry, I disagree with that. If you look at his IG, the first 50 pictures, there are only 7 that are NOT of him. Along with loving the sound of his voice, the guy LOVES looking at himself.
jmo.

Back to top Go down

Post by whit90 Sat Sep 05, 2015 11:58 pm

Many of the pictures are with him and his friends., some at concerts , with his friends and family, Jared , and Ben. Some just scenic views., some with bloggers or random fans. So sorry I disagree that the guy loves looking at himself. Plus the pictures of him drinking coffee and staring out the window were done by his friend who is a professional photographer. To me people love to take pictures of Nick or with Nick.
whit90
whit90

Back to top Go down

Post by Seabear Sun Sep 06, 2015 12:56 am

Some have called some past leads/cast humble. I do not think AnyOne that chooses to go on Reality TV particularly the Bachelor franchise can be called humble. Every single one of them wants to be seen on TV. After the show airs SM is an extension of the fame game. IMO opinion Nick is no worse than any of the others. He is experiencing the modeling and others are spending their time tweeting, IG, snap chatting their lives and products. Very few of the cast that get much airtime on their seasons just go home and disappear. Some of the past leads have gone on several other reality shows. It is incredibly popular to want to be famous these days. Each of these people make their own choices and we as viewers all line up on each side of the aisle to give our opinions. JMO  

Regardless of shirt on or shirt off. Baggy dresses or lowcut body hugging gowns. All of these people want to show what they got. I don't think it is an accident that there are so many personal trainers or fitness buffs cast. I doubt many gals who look bad in a bathing suit get cast either. JMO

One thing about Nick that makes him polarizing is he is not cookie cutter.  He lives his life with abandon. I think he goes out of his way to not throw anger toward others. He smirks and uses humor and is very authentic. It seems that no matter what he does it will always rub some the wrong way. JMO
Seabear
Seabear

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 06, 2015 1:12 am

As many many people say in the defense of other leads/contestants - when the opportunity comes up, why not take it? He's selling himself as a brand, but why not?

And I respectfully hope Nick is not to be compared with Chris soules because Nick never pretends to be someone he is not. Does he ever said he just enjoys simple life in a small town? Never! He always talks about go big or ho home, this is very consistent!!

He is going big in his own way, like him or hate him.
You gotta admire he is always himself.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 06, 2015 1:19 am

Fake is when...
You claim you are a faithful Christian, but hold grudges longer than anyone.
You claim to be in love with a brunette, but actually crazy only about blonde.
You claim to be a victim of cyber bullying, but you bully non fans.
You claim to want a wife to start a family IOWA, but you seek every opportunity to stay in the limelight.

The list goes on...

So how can Nick be compared to those people when he always talks about adventurous, follow his heart, and he really does.

Back to top Go down

Post by happygolucky Sun Sep 06, 2015 2:55 am

I've shortened the post as much as I could, even tho' I would quote you completely Emusha, but these are parts that I just couldn't leave out. Hugesmile
(reduced) Emusha wrote:Has anyone brought the idea that Nick likes to travel and get into exciting new adventures in his life? I was completely struck by how HARD the first Andi season was for him but how exhilarated he was and how much he loved it. He couldn't stop raving about how great of an experience it was when he was the ONE person who had every right to complain.

Based on his philosophies (clearer to me more than ever cos of that dating blog post he wrote about how growth is really the thing that can allow for a relationship to thrive ...sorry I don't recall specifics) the one thing I'll say that I for sure understand about this guy (not that I understand much) is that I think he thrives off being challenged, putting himself out of his comfort zone and going in guns blazing even when the odds are absolutely stacked against him. If there ever was one person who embodies -- go big or go home, go guns blazing to follow your heart even if you fall flat on your face in front of a whole nation of people etc it would be this guy.

There are a few things I do know -- he self-reflects, he seeks and thrives in challenges, he believes in taking big risks in life and he values love -- a definition of love that's his own and one he won't compromise on: a great love per one of his very first moments on our tv screens.

So based on all of that what I will say is...We don't know what is motivating Nick to expand his public profile specifically as a model and on a blog. He isn't pursing yet his own reality tv show or planning to come back to another tb franchise show. Modeling has perks like he gets to travel for shoots...dancing with the stars is a way to learn dancing.

At the same time I will not overlook the fact that Nick's profile last season had him listing "rock star" as his desired profession tho he can't sing -- so he might be into the attention and stardom...

In any case, one thing I do know before and also now is that this guy isn't one that will follow the beaten path cos it's safe.

So it'll be an adventure and maybe unpredictable to watch him go through life.
I'm cool with all the pursuits
**skipped** so I'll be a casual observer of these ppl cos it's fascinating to watch ppl wade through life and make decisions. I respect people who choose to carve their own paths so we'll see where it will take Nick. If he ends up in Hollywood well so be it... no idea  I don't see why it's such a big deal.

I don't think he makes decisions about how to treat people or how to act based on how that will get him more fame or attention. I don't see him as someone who will make decisions about who to date and how based on the fame factor. But what do I know -- I'm coming from an assumption that he is invested in knowing who he is and is guided by that. This assumption comes from having watched him through 2 season of Bette.

I do think Nick will stay authentic to who he is whatever direction the public platform takes him even if that means quitting his job. That's my guess.

Anyway my ramblings are over...the whole point is people nurture a public life/platform for their own reasons, they are affected by it and handled it in their own way, each individual is clearly changed by it as by anything else in life but that doesn't mean they've necessarily let the fame-seeking change them into horrible people or made them compromise their authenticity or their priorities in the big picture.
JMHO
ITA. And the colored part is also why I keep "following" Nick and adore/like him, because he lets me observe all that.

My whole life till my early 20's I was in a pursuit of an academic, professional life in technical, scientific field ... and most ppl that knew me then would tell you I was aiming for some "doctor" title, ppl had opinions of me that didn't match with how I viewed myself ... only in my late 20's I decided to take a chance and try the other passion of mine, but was never seen as the obtainable one, so I went to study art (well, intention was to finish my architecture degree) but I finished in film, with no aspiration for seeking fame, just pure passion for the picture & sound and storytelling. Today in my early 30's I work again in another field and I keep crushing everyone's expectations about me, while I'm trying to stay true to myself, my priorities and ambitions

...to say that people may not follow the paths that others have designed or imagined for them... and sometimes the decision to change the course comes only once the opportunities come our way.

happygolucky

Back to top Go down

Post by mindless Sun Sep 06, 2015 8:45 am

chasingpavements wrote:
Seabear wrote:I wonder if Nick vacations in the South of France shirtless and in a euro speedo if we will run through a whole thread in less than an hour!??  cantstopl  

I don't think anyone is disputing Nick's right to jog shirtless or drink his morning coffee shirtless or stare out the window shirtless and so forth. It's the fact that every time he takes his shirt off, he has this compulsive need to take out his phone, take a picture, then post it to IG.

*snip*

Um, he's posted a whopping two shirtless selfies in the past year. The other one you can only see his shoulders in. Then there's a couple taken by someone else and the rest are from modelling shoots. So his compulsion seems pretty mild to me.

And I couldn't disagree more about certain others being humble. I actually chuckled at the thought. I am glad Sean isn't posting shirtless pics anymore, considering he's married. And I saw a lifetime worth of his pink pecs during his Bachelor season. He still seems to post pics of himself at the gym every few days, just wearing a tank top, so yeah...

Brooks, even though in a relationship, is still posting shirtless pics and was the first one to start pulling his shirt off on AfterBuzz too. People had to tell him to calm down, let's do it after. But I like Brooks, he's a sweetie.

Anyhow, Nick at least is single and ready to mingle. So what if he wants to show the goods? How does it harm anyone? Promoting harmful products actually does (looking at you Josh, Sean and Andi). JMO.
mindless
mindless

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 80 1, 2, 3 ... 40 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Nick Viall - Bachelorette 10 - 11 - Discussion #8

+55
charmained
Norcalgal
lipsis
emusha
SueSt