SELECT CONTENT

Nick Viall - Bachelorette 10 - 11 - Discussion #8

Page 45 of 80 Previous  1 ... 24 ... 44, 45, 46 ... 62 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Chicago - Nick Viall - Bachelorette 10 - 11 - Discussion #8 - Page 45 Empty Re: Nick Viall - Bachelorette 10 - 11 - Discussion #8

Post by Guest Fri Dec 18, 2015 1:21 am

california90 wrote:
mindless wrote:I just want him to find his one and only, get married and start a family. He's not getting any younger and I doubt he'll find his wife amongst some 20-something LA girls. If he's not in any hurry then fine, but he was already engaged once and was willing to propose to two women in the past two years, so forgive me if I've been under the impression that he's ready to settle down. This second youth is confusing me a bit. Early mid-life crisis?

Sounds like it. Or, maybe he tried so many times and is in one of those phases where he doesn't want to settle down because of the rejection? Maybe it'll be the best for him.. to not have to think about settling down and what he's looking for will come find him when he's not looking. He might be in his 30's, but he doesn't have a timeline, whereas females obviously have that if they want kids.
I think that probably has a lot to do with it - he's been rejected by women a lot in his life and it must be a nice boost to his self-esteem to have hot 20-somethings all over the country throwing themselves at him now because of his fame. I have noticed that he's seemed cocky in recent interview, something I never really saw before, and I think that's why. I agree with Alanna in that I don't think he's wanting to get married soon;  a guy bragging about his dating life being "more than adequate" probably isn't looking for a wife, but just having fun. Nothing wrong with that! Men are lucky to not have all the societal and biological pressures.

Back to top Go down

Chicago - Nick Viall - Bachelorette 10 - 11 - Discussion #8 - Page 45 Empty Re: Nick Viall - Bachelorette 10 - 11 - Discussion #8

Post by Guest Fri Dec 18, 2015 1:25 am

nothatgirl wrote:
snipped
I think that probably has a lot to do with it - he's been rejected by women a lot in his life.

I think we can confirm 3 women. Is that a lot?

Back to top Go down

Post by OnePromise Fri Dec 18, 2015 1:28 am

peggy0221 wrote:OP, but isn't normal person post on IG to seek for attention too? I think 99% posters love to have feedbacks on what they have posted. Then why when Nick does that, it's because of his inflated ego?

Peggy,
For sure, SM postings are usually done to garnish attention. I don't think that Nick posts because of his inflated ego. I think that he usually posts to share his life with others and get feedback... Ideally positive feedback. But as he himself said, he likes people to like him but that is not his ultimate goal in life. I think that Nick would be more fulfilled by simply being able to share his thoughts and experiences as a way of starting conversation and learning more about himself and others.

As for his inflated ego... It has definitely gotten a boost in the past few years after two rounds. He can hardly help having feelings that he is "a big deal" now. When you consider that he was "nobody special" before the show and now people all over the world give his ego inflation daily, it would be a small miracle to stay a completely humble man.

Nick is a realist. He is aware of his "fame" as a fact and lives his life with it in mind. In his opinion, he would be stupid to ignore the opportunities that it affords him. And I have to agree with him on that to a point. But does his awareness of his fame mean that his inflated ego is a bad thing? Not as long as he stays grounded in real life... In the things that should matter to him... The things that mattered before his "fame"....His home...family...friends...the real stuff. JMO.

OnePromise

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 18, 2015 1:30 am

Considering the three were all women he was prepared and wanting to marry, I'd say yes!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 18, 2015 1:30 am

More than adequate could be another way of saying he is satisfied with what he already has. Is it bragging? question scratch no idea

It's never at the level of the Eskimo Brother bragging anyway. Chicago - Nick Viall - Bachelorette 10 - 11 - Discussion #8 - Page 45 3806527698

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 18, 2015 1:46 am

OnePromise wrote:
peggy0221 wrote:OP, but isn't normal person post on IG to seek for attention too? I think 99% posters love to have feedbacks on what they have posted. Then why when Nick does that, it's because of his inflated ego?

Peggy,
 For sure, SM postings are usually done to garnish attention.  I don't think that Nick posts because of his inflated ego.  I think that he usually posts to share his life with others and get feedback... Ideally positive feedback.  But as he himself said, he likes people to like him but that is not his ultimate goal in life.  I think that Nick would be more fulfilled by simply being able to share his thoughts and experiences as a way of starting conversation and learning more about himself and others.  

As for his inflated ego... It has definitely gotten a boost in the past few years after two rounds.  He can hardly help having feelings that he is "a big deal" now.  When you consider that he was "nobody special" before the show and now people all over the world give his ego inflation daily, it would be a small miracle to stay a completely humble man.  

Nick is a realist.  He is aware of his "fame" as a fact and lives his life with it in mind.  In his opinion, he would be stupid to ignore the opportunities that it affords him.  And I have to agree with him on that to a point.  But does his awareness of his fame mean that his inflated ego is a bad thing? Not as long as he stays grounded in real life... In the things that should matter to him... The things that mattered before his "fame"....His home...family...friends...the real stuff.  JMO.

I don't know, I think the fame thing is all speculation about what Nick may have thought over the past 2 years. Marjority thinks he is a changed person becuase he posts this and that in his IG, because he left Sales Force. BUT the thing is, no one know for sure what is his projects in LA and what is his plan for the future. I think there are too much assumption have been made but based on too little we seen.

And I haven't really seen a changed Nick because I always think he's an adventurous romantic, probably because i'm such a person too, so I can understand why he can be chasing different aspects in life at the same time. "Fame", family, friends, works, love, are not mutually exclusive, so I really dont why people kind of confirm he is a player once he starts posting shirtless pic in IG.

I think we ASSUME too much about what he wanted because he was once engaged and went on the show 2 times. But I think one can still be adventurous when we are engaged, and I think some experiences do make us more clear about what we really want for in the future.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 18, 2015 1:51 am

Or people prefer he posts shirtless pic and product ad AFTER his "fame" faded out, found someone and get back to work, and he's already 40?

He's single and taking a career break, for sure he would do something crazy. Otherwise, it would be too late to even think about all these things.

Back to top Go down

Post by OnePromise Fri Dec 18, 2015 2:10 am

Peggy,
 I agree that many people assume too much about Nick based on his SM postings.  I think that if we were to ask Nick about what his SM says about "the real" Nick, he would say, "Not much". Which was exactly my point.  What does SM mean? Not much.  To me, it is much more about a person's true character.  And in the case of Nick, his true intentions are pure speculation on our part. An entertainment for most of us.  

I am pretty confident that the real guy is still pretty normal, grounded in reality and with a slightly larger than normal sized ego. He still loves his family and friends, cares about charity and the Packers (his most glaring flaw) and wants to find that one vital woman to share the rest of his life with.  His SM isn't going to send me into a tailspin questioning his true intentions... It's really just a source of entertainment for me... And I'd wager for him as well.

OnePromise

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 18, 2015 2:39 am

OnePromise wrote:Peggy,
 I agree that many people assume too much about Nick based on his SM postings.  I think that if we were to ask Nick about what his SM says about "the real" Nick, he would say, "Not much". Which was exactly my point.  What does SM mean? Not much.  To me, it is much more about a person's true character.  And in the case of Nick, his true intentions are pure speculation on our part.  An entertainment for most of us.  

I am pretty confident that the real guy is still pretty normal, grounded in reality and with a slightly larger than normal sized ego. He still loves his family and friends, cares about charity and the Packers (his most glaring flaw) and wants to find that one vital woman to share the rest of his life with.  His SM isn't going to send me into a tailspin questioning his true intentions... It's really just a source of entertainment for me... And I'd wager for him as well.  

100% agree!! :yes: :yes:
He's still that shameless shirtless jerk, he always mocks himself too, so I think it's better to treat his SM activities as some entertainment rather than a judge of character. Unless one day, he starts to post bible quotes, or to rant about people dislike his shirtless pic, otherwise, I still think he's just being foolish and playful, rather than trying to boost his ego. Chicago - Nick Viall - Bachelorette 10 - 11 - Discussion #8 - Page 45 1710264613

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Fri Dec 18, 2015 8:35 am

I don't see Nick as "lost" just because he doesn't work in the same job or doing the same thing he did this time last year or the year before or the year before that.

Life is about change and growth and experiencing new things and trying out new ventures. And so far all I have seen is a much, much happier and optimistic Nick than last year.  :Nod:

Having a degree and a particular job doesn't equate to not being "lost" nor do SM ads or TV stints or modeling or any other opportunity that Nick or anyone from these shows chooses to do mean one is.

For each person, their life's quality and fulfillment is defined for themselves. As long as he is happy, not playing the victim, and not whining and complaining about things (like Kaitlyn and Shawn and even Sean Lowe have been) that is what matters most.

AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by bleuberry Fri Dec 18, 2015 10:23 am

I think he's lost because he doesn't appear to have any direction. He's like a poor man's 1f, without the trust fund.  giggling

If I set the bar at what 'other' fame seekers are doing, then that's one heck of a low bar don't you think? laugh out loud

On a serious note, I do think it's sad, so many people lose themselves after this and buy into their own hype. Must be tough to come crashing back down to earth.
bleuberry
bleuberry

Back to top Go down

Post by stuckinsc Fri Dec 18, 2015 10:57 am

Just for me personally, I find a job a sexy quality in a man.

And sure a degree, a job, that doesn't make you who you are. But, it does shape who you are. I liked that Nick had a career and didn't just want to live off being on reality tv. Perhaps he is working on other things, but again, I say this about Sean and Cat, so I will say it about Nick too. I can only judge what is shown.

I personally feel that the FFF Instagram ad crossed a line for me. It wasn't anything to do with his life and something he likes it was a money grab. Pure and simple. Do others do it? Sure, but one of the things I liked about Nick was that he didn't do the stuff that most others did.

He is an adult, he can do what he wants and what he likes. You are entitled to like it. I am entitled to be disappointed. Neither is wrong, they are our feelings which are shaped by more than just Nick.

Personally, I would like Nick to put the suit back on and get back to what I can identify as work. I enjoy the shirtless selfies more when I don't feel like they are the reality tv version of the person on the street asking for a dollar.

Nick will do what Nick wants, but if cash grabs are more of what we get, then I will be less than impressed.
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Female Posts : 10802

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 45 of 80 Previous  1 ... 24 ... 44, 45, 46 ... 62 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Nick Viall - Bachelorette 10 - 11 - Discussion #8

+55
charmained
Norcalgal
lipsis
emusha
SueSt