SELECT CONTENT

Olivia Caridi - Bachelor 20 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Page 48 of 48 Previous  1 ... 25 ... 46, 47, 48

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Olivia Caridi - Bachelor 20 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*  - Page 48 Empty Re: Olivia Caridi - Bachelor 20 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Post by Guest Tue Mar 08, 2016 3:29 pm

Just a question . What about Olivia's PI's? I thought those provoked issues with the viewers too. Did those Pi's show the real Olivia or parts there of ? I ask because her PI's kinda irritated me.

Back to top Go down

Olivia Caridi - Bachelor 20 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*  - Page 48 Empty Re: Olivia Caridi - Bachelor 20 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Post by Buckeye_Fan Tue Mar 08, 2016 4:01 pm

Here's an interview Olivia did after the WTA.
http://www.glamour.com/entertainment/blogs/obsessed/2016/03/olivia-caridi-bachelor

Buckeye_Fan

Female Posts : 612

Back to top Go down

Post by jen689 Tue Mar 08, 2016 5:02 pm

The Bachelor's Olivia Caridi Opens Up About 'Brutal' Childhood Bullying: 'I Was Severely Overweight'

She may not have meshed well with everyone in The Bachelor house, but Olivia Caridi says that's no excuse for the personal attacks she encountered.

"I knew people were talking about me, but I didn't anticipate the body shaming or the weirdness that came from that," Caridi tells PEOPLE exclusively of her reaction to contestant Emily Ferguson accusing her of "bad breath" and Amber James making fun of her "fat toes."

Says Caridi, "[The comments about my breath] hit the hardest. That was pretty embarrassing. That was pretty mean. I don't think you need to resort to body-shaming to make a point. That was really brutal and hurtful to watch."

Caridi, 23, admits she made some verbal missteps of her own (recall the Teen Mom comment) but says, "I take ownership of what I said. I apologized, and it's kind of hard to not get an apology back for the things that were said."

And for Caridi, the comments were more hurtful given the TV journalist's painful past with bullying.

"In elementary and middle school, I was severely overweight," she says. "I ate in the bathroom alone, people wouldn't sit next to me on the bus. I've lived this. So to live it again, it's brutal."

Still, Caridi says she hopes to move past the show and her shocking exit. "That was pretty epic," she says with a laugh. "But I've come to terms with it. Ben and I weren't' supposed to be together. I'm ready to move forward with my life."

And would she be up for a stint on Bachelor in Paradise? One word: "No!

http://www.people.com/article/bachelor-olivia-caridi-opens-up-childhood-bullying

jen689

Female Posts : 3056

Back to top Go down

Post by eirekay Tue Mar 08, 2016 5:03 pm

Sprite wrote:
Buckeye_Fan wrote:I thought it was appropriate for Olivia to own up to some of the things she said, and to apologize for them.  But did I miss the apologies from the other women for the nasty, petty things they said about her?  Or was that OK for them to say what they did?

Of course they didn't. In fact, one of the MOT women told Olivia that she hoped that Olivia had learned something from her experience of being bullied...as if she was the one that need to change her behaviour and not the bullies. Living well is the best revenge...go show them Olivia!

When Olivia brought up some of the comments to Emily, Emily's response was "That's besides the point." Literally, that's what Emily said.
eirekay
eirekay

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Tue Mar 08, 2016 6:14 pm

Emily and Hayley are idiot morons. Simple. And they aren't that pretty so I hope they get over that. 
JMOAA

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Tue Mar 08, 2016 11:06 pm

eirekay wrote:
Sprite wrote:
Buckeye_Fan wrote:I thought it was appropriate for Olivia to own up to some of the things she said, and to apologize for them.  But did I miss the apologies from the other women for the nasty, petty things they said about her?  Or was that OK for them to say what they did?

Of course they didn't. In fact, one of the MOT women told Olivia that she hoped that Olivia had learned something from her experience of being bullied...as if she was the one that need to change her behaviour and not the bullies. Living well is the best revenge...go show them Olivia!

When Olivia brought up some of the comments to Emily, Emily's response was "That's besides the point."  Literally, that's what Emily said.

I remember. I just wanted to slap her and yell at her...No, it is not beside the point you b*tchy little hypocrite!

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by veg_out Wed Mar 09, 2016 1:59 am

I'm in this girl's corner. She played her role and has learned from everything. I hope that doors open for her. Chin up, Liv. PINKHEART PINKHEART
veg_out
veg_out

Back to top Go down

Post by rhondam Wed Mar 09, 2016 2:37 am

Me too, I find myself often cheering for/defending the underdog. I got behind her when tptb took the Olivia show way too far over the top. I hope she kicks azz in real life now!
rhondam
rhondam

Female Posts : 2142

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 09, 2016 2:53 am

bluwavz wrote:While I think the twins are horrible as well, I don't think it says anything much about Lauren or Amanda if they're close friends with them. Even the classy Sharleen is close friends with some awful people from this show. Besides they know these people and we don't.

I was so mad when no one was held accountable nor apologized for how they treated Olivia. I guess if you're the "villain" of the show it's okay for you to be bullied. I was way more irritated and exhausted this season by the rest of the women bitching and moaning about Olivia than anything she actually said or did. I almost wished Chris Manson had announced her as the Bachelorette just to piss off those skanky twins.

I agree. I read in the eonline "10 things you didn't see" that Amanda and Lauren h were the two girls who hugged Olivia after her time in the hot seat. That's pretty amazing of Amanda, considering the only mean comments that Olivia ever made were about Amanda and men running away from her because she had children. It reminds me of Lauren posting that IG about forgiveness and remembering a person's good deeds after the Leah episode aired. They both seem like pretty forgiving, rational, and mature girls, which is a rarity in the franchise.

Totally agreed on how Olivia was treated. Like, OMG, she was an assertive, confident woman so obviously that means she deserves to be body-shamed and humiliated! IMO.

Back to top Go down

Post by Cocoasneeze Wed Mar 09, 2016 3:17 am

CH and the show are just wrong saying Olivia was in the wrong and needed to be more apologetic. For her teen mom comment, she apologised right away, and seemed sincere. Where was Emily's apology for tearing Olivia's looks and personality apart?

In afterbuzz they were correct, emily got away with being a bully because she was 'popular'.
Cocoasneeze
Cocoasneeze

Female Posts : 3689

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 48 of 48 Previous  1 ... 25 ... 46, 47, 48

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Olivia Caridi - Bachelor 20 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

+62
Beach Lover
kimberlyg
jen689
sparkler
Ariela