SELECT CONTENT

Becca Tilly - Bachelor 20 - #2 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Page 65 of 80 Previous  1 ... 34 ... 64, 65, 66 ... 72 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

frenchie - Becca Tilly - Bachelor 20 - #2 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*   - Page 65 Empty Re: Becca Tilly - Bachelor 20 - #2 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Post by mindless Mon Nov 30, 2015 9:43 am

nothatgirl wrote:
loveactually9 wrote:Something tells me that if she had been chosen for a HTD, she would've gladly taken Ben home even knowing that Lauren would probably be F1. She could've chosen to leave at any point but didn't, and it was Ben who sent her home sooner than she likely expected

In a heartbeat. They ALL do. At the end of the day, it's a competition and they all want to go as far as they can in this game. How else did TBTB get 25 hot women to compete for guys like Bob and Jake? They all want to go as far as they can, b/c being in the f4 increases chances of things like GMA interviews, being asked to be the Bachelorette, getting appearance fees, and getting endorsement opportunities. I remember RS saying Becca had been promoting CALIA, Carrie underwood's athletic line, on Ben's season. This just gives you a bit of insight into how Becca approached this. I believe she did have a crush on Ben, but, equally as important, I think she was jealous of the attention and opportunities her friends, like Ashley, Kaitlyn, Sammi, etc. got and this was her chance.  JMO.

I doubt Becca approached CALIA for any other reason than to have free clothes to wear on TV. They need a lot of outfits for the show and no one wants to appear on TV in their worn out saggy old clothes. Why go out and buy a bunch of new stuff, when you can just ask for it for free, since it'll be on TV? Becca did what anyone with some connections and half a brain would do.

Actually I was just reading this article in Allure (Feb 2014) about the Bachelor thanks to clicking around Dr. Rose's site: http://drfranklinrosemd.com/houston-plastic-surgeon-dr-franklin-rose-featured-in-february-allure-magazines-beauty-the-bachelor/

Now, knowing that the eyes of fashion bloggers will be on them, competitors beg and borrow from their friends, theirs sisters (both biological and sorority), even the other women in the Bachelor house. The savviest women will approach designers for loaners. While contestants are forbidden from telling potential benefactors what show they'll appear on, simply saying that the garment or accessory might be featured on national TV is enough to let them fill their roller bags and jewelry cases with gorgeous finds that would normally be out of reach.

That's what Becca did, because this isn't her first rodeo. It annoys me that RS the idiot twisted it into some kind of ulterior motive, which is nonsense IMO.
mindless
mindless

Back to top Go down

frenchie - Becca Tilly - Bachelor 20 - #2 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*   - Page 65 Empty Re: Becca Tilly - Bachelor 20 - #2 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Post by Guest Mon Nov 30, 2015 10:31 am

Yeah...but this was just an athletic line. I doubt sweatpants and tank tops that don't look much different than stuff you find at Target is going to be "out of reach" for Becca. I'm not doubting that Becca was savvy about this, but that's my whole point. It wasn't just about Ben - it was about the free clothes, free travel, other endorsement and apperance opportunities, etc. I don't have an issue with that, but it is what it is, IMO.

Back to top Go down

Post by mindless Mon Nov 30, 2015 12:18 pm

It's not just tank tops and sweatpants, there are some sweaters and coats too: http://www.caliastudio.com/family/index.jsp?categoryId=58637076

Those aren't Target prices. Sure they're not out of reach for the average person, but again, why pay for something when you can get it for free? Do you think they're worth enough to go on the show again just so you can get them for free? I don't think so, though who knows what other lines she may have approached. It just sounded to me like she saw them at some event and liked them, and then when she got cast again she approached the line via a friend. I saw nothing shady about it, in fact it didn't even cross my mind there was anything wrong with it until RS made a big deal out of it.

IMO she didn't go on the show again so she could ask for free stuff, she asked for free stuff because she was going on the show again. I'm sure she's enjoying whatever perks are involved, but so are all of them. It doesn't set her apart from the rest in any way. On the contrary, she enjoyed those perks already thanks to being on the show once, so I tend to believe her primary reason for going back was Ben.
mindless
mindless

Back to top Go down

Post by rhondam Mon Nov 30, 2015 12:23 pm

^ I totally agree mindless! Ben was her reason and if he didn't choose her then B'ette would be another good reason for her as well. Like you said, she already has the fame, the followers, the perks—so why would her reasons be about that?!
rhondam
rhondam

Female Posts : 2142

Back to top Go down

Post by bluwavz Mon Nov 30, 2015 12:42 pm

I sure hope her primary reason wasn't for Ben and I sure hope looking for love with the lead wasn't anyone's primary reason for doing the show. It's absolutely silly for that to be anyone's primary reason (especially when you don't know the lead!) because chances are the lead isn't going to like you all that much, if at all, and that turned out to be the case for Becca. For all these women I tend to believe their primary reason was something other than Ben and if any of them ended up with him, then that's just the icing on the cake and a pleasant surprise. If not, oh well. It's smart to have ulterior motives because if you get dumped, at least you can have what else you came on for and it lessens the blow. It's stupid to primarily go on for the lead because you have so much more to lose that way and it makes the rejection a lot harder. Anyone who is truly, primarily looking for love doesn't do it on a TV show where the chances are slim to none. They're all looking to get something out of this. No one's motives are true and pure.

I don't think Becca's any different from the other women, so I expect to see her campaigning hard to be the lead along with Caila, Amanda and whomever else. It's not wrong for her to do that. Why is it so bad if that was her primary reason for doing the show? Plenty of our past leads came on the show just for that.
bluwavz
bluwavz
Access

Female Posts : 19236

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 30, 2015 12:47 pm

She went on the show for Ben and she was very genuine with her intentions. Not my opinion.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Mon Nov 30, 2015 12:48 pm

Exactly^^ Let's see on one hand you are a chiropractor's assistant on the other hand--- well, do you really need another hand? Boring goes for fun. (not my idea of fun-hers)
That's like a magic genie asking a slice of wonder bread if they'd like to be an "everything" bagel for a day. No brainer unless you like being wonder bread.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by rhondam Mon Nov 30, 2015 12:50 pm

^ Blu, I believe she really did like what she saw and heard about Ben (from Kaitlyn, Britt and others) and she did meet him at MTA (CMIIW). I don't deny that getting next B'ette lead is another great reason (for many not all as I try not to talk in absolutes) and Becca, I think, would have been happy to do it if offered. Yes, nothing wrong with that.
rhondam
rhondam

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 30, 2015 12:55 pm

I'm not saying that she wasn't genuine about wanting to meet Ben...as genuine as you can be about meeting someone you've only seen on TV and have a very idealized notion have. Nonetheless, I believe that Becca genuinely thought this was her Prince Charming and they would live happily ever after. All I'm saying is that it wasn't JUST about Ben. If it was, free clothes would have never entered her mind. There's nothing wrong with that, but I just don't believe in placing Becca on some type of pedastal where she was only there for the purest of reasons. I see the girl at some type of sponsored event every other week. She likes free stuff and attention and money. Nothing wrong with it, what's wrong with admitting it? JMO.

Back to top Go down

Post by mindless Mon Nov 30, 2015 1:03 pm

bluwavz wrote:I sure hope her primary reason wasn't for Ben and I sure hope looking for love with the lead wasn't anyone's primary reason for doing the show. It's absolutely silly for that to be anyone's primary reason (especially when you don't know the lead!) because chances are the lead isn't going to like you all that much, if at all, and that turned out to be the case for Becca. *snip*

The chances may be small, but they're infinitely smaller if you don't go on the show at all. The chances were just as small for Lauren, yet she appears to be engaged to Ben now. I do think it's crazy to go on thinking that the lead will definitely fall in love with you and you'll live happily ever after, but I don't think it's crazy to hope that that could happen. Hope is what keeps us all going. Of course you need to consider if the sacrifice involved (taking a long leave/potentially losing your job/reputation) is worth it, but I don't think Becca has much to lose.
mindless
mindless

Back to top Go down

Post by bluwavz Mon Nov 30, 2015 1:07 pm

Exactly, nothatgirl. I don't think any of us are trying to say she didn't really want to meet Ben or that she didn't really like him. He is a far better catch and match than the last guy she met on TV and much more attractive and closer in age to her. I'm sure she did want to end up with Ben in the end after spending time with him and I'm sure she was genuinely upset when he dumped her. It's just that Becca's a lot more similar to the rest of these Bach folks than she is different. She does the exact same things many of them do with the ads, the events, the modeling, etc. She wasn't "more there for Ben" than any of the other ladies.
bluwavz
bluwavz
Access

Female Posts : 19236

Back to top Go down

Post by rhondam Mon Nov 30, 2015 1:09 pm

^ I disagree nothatgirl. I re-watched Chris' season and based on her experience on that alone and the fact that she doesn't appear in the least delusional to me) she's well aware that Ben may not choose her and her odds are 1:25. 

As for free and/or loaner clothes, almost all of them do it. Ashley S said she approached boutiques before Chris' season. Carly and Kaitlyn currently do it, so does Jade, most everyone in Hollywood has been doing it forever. Wouldn't many of us if given the same opportunity?
rhondam
rhondam

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 65 of 80 Previous  1 ... 34 ... 64, 65, 66 ... 72 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Becca Tilly - Bachelor 20 - #2 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

+66
stuckinsc
isittrue
beader
alwaystulips
kimberlyg