SELECT CONTENT

Becca Tilly - Bachelor 20 - #2 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Page 66 of 80 Previous  1 ... 34 ... 65, 66, 67 ... 73 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

fingerscrossed - Becca Tilly - Bachelor 20 - #2 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*   - Page 66 Empty Re: Becca Tilly - Bachelor 20 - #2 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Post by bluwavz Mon Nov 30, 2015 1:17 pm

Of course I would. If I went on this show, I'd do exactly as Becca did. After the show, I'd want to go to events and I'd want a modeling contract and I'd want to get paid for posting ads on IG instead of working an actual job. I'd want all the opportunities that come from being on the show. Who wouldn't want their life to be so much easier than the one you had before? But not for a second would wanting to be with the lead be my primary motivation for doing it. That wouldn't rank high at all for me. Not ever.
bluwavz
bluwavz
Access

Female Posts : 19236

Back to top Go down

fingerscrossed - Becca Tilly - Bachelor 20 - #2 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*   - Page 66 Empty Re: Becca Tilly - Bachelor 20 - #2 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Post by rhondam Mon Nov 30, 2015 1:21 pm

^ Well it might rank high, along with possible B'ette lead where you get to pick your own guy, if you'd already been on the show once before and you were ALREADY receiving said perks.
rhondam
rhondam

Female Posts : 2142

Back to top Go down

Post by mindless Mon Nov 30, 2015 1:38 pm

nothatgirl wrote:I'm not saying that she wasn't genuine about wanting to meet Ben...as genuine as you can be about meeting someone you've only seen on TV and have a very idealized notion have. Nonetheless, I believe that Becca genuinely thought this was her Prince Charming and they would live happily ever after. All I'm saying is that it wasn't JUST about Ben. If it was, free clothes would have never entered her mind. There's nothing wrong with that, but I just don't believe in placing Becca on some type of pedastal where she was only there for the purest of reasons. I see the girl at some type of sponsored event every other week. She likes free stuff and attention and money. Nothing wrong with it, what's wrong with admitting it? JMO.

Eh, I'm sure they all spend weeks agonizing over what to pack in those allocated two suitcases. Not much of a leap from that to asking for some free clothes.

I don't put Becca on a pedestal, but I also don't feel like picking apart everything she does in hopes of finding some ulterior motives. Not saying anyone here does, but I think RS twisted the story to make it sound more dramatic and since then I've seen comments on various sites about Becca going on the show to promote CALIA, which is just so far from the truth IMO. That's why I can't stand RS. He steals stuff from here without giving any credit and has the reasoning skills of a toddler, yet people take his stupid opinions as fact and spread them around the internet as facts. Just annoys me.
mindless
mindless

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Mon Nov 30, 2015 2:07 pm

rhondam wrote:^ I totally agree mindless! Ben was her reason and if he didn't choose her then B'ette would be another good reason for her as well. Like you said, she already has the fame, the followers, the perks—so why would her reasons be about that?!

To continue with the fame, the followers and the perks. She had a taste of it and she wants to make sure it doesn't go anywhere.

With a new season, there are more people entering the Bachelor arena. The perks and followers may go to someone else. How better to keep your name out there and distinguish yourself from the bunch than to go back again. Sure she may have thought she might get the guy, although I doubt that, but if she did, bonus. If not, there is always the hope that she may be the Bette which gives you even more perks.

Becca may be a very nice person, but much of what I see from her is self promotion in one way or another. Doesn't make her a bad person, but for me she's not quite as above it all as she tries to make out.

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 30, 2015 2:07 pm

I definitely agree that RS makes things seem more dramatic and scandalous than they really are, but I do remember him specifically saying that Becca is no different than anyone else that goes on the show. That's the biggest point for me. I don't think that Becca is doing anything wrong and if I were in her shoes, you bet I would be asking for free clothes and going to all of these events and promoting whatever they wanted me to. It's just I feel like Becca is someone, who for whatever reason, gets put on this pedastal and THAT is what bugs me. She went for the same reasons everyone else does, which is a combo of desire for love and financial/career opportunities, and that's my only point. She's not someone who deserved more or less compassion and sympathy than anyone else. JMO.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Mon Nov 30, 2015 2:10 pm

nothatgirl wrote:I definitely agree that RS makes things seem more dramatic and scandalous than they really are, but I do remember him specifically saying that Becca is no different than anyone else that goes on the show. That's the biggest point for me. I don't think that Becca is doing anything wrong and if I were in her shoes, you bet I would be asking for free clothes and going to all of these events and promoting whatever they wanted me to. It's just I feel like Becca is someone, who for whatever reason, gets put on this pedastal and THAT is what bugs me. She went for the same reasons everyone else does, which is a combo of desire for love and financial/career opportunities, and that's my only point. She's not someone who deserved more or less compassion and sympathy than anyone else. JMO.

Thank you!!! bowdown

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Mon Nov 30, 2015 2:21 pm

mindless wrote: snipped

.. but I think RS twisted the story to make it sound more dramatic and since then I've seen comments on various sites about Becca going on the show to promote CALIA, which is just so far from the truth IMO. That's why I can't stand RS. He steals stuff from here without giving any credit and has the reasoning skills of a toddler, yet people take his stupid opinions as fact and spread them around the internet as facts. Just annoys me.

tyvm and that's a fact.

Becca IMO is no different than many other contestants before her or future contestants. Some go away and stay away from anything reality and others take advantage of any opportunities. I don't blame them for either decision.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71528

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by mindless Mon Nov 30, 2015 2:23 pm

I don't think Becca deserves any more anything than the others, but I also don't think she deserves any less just because she's a returnee. I just feel like she gets slammed a lot for no real reason, so I don't really understand where the notion that she's put on a pedestal comes from. I see nothing but the opposite to be honest.
mindless
mindless

Back to top Go down

Post by rhondam Mon Nov 30, 2015 2:34 pm

^ THIS!! Well said. And I am not one who puts her on a pedestal at all. I think she is just as deserving of being in the show as anyone else who goes on unless it is to deceive all of who they really are.
rhondam
rhondam

Back to top Go down

Post by bluwavz Mon Nov 30, 2015 2:36 pm

I do think there were some who thought Becca deserved a bit more than the others just because she's a returnee. Plenty expressed hope that Ben would let her go early if he wasn't feeling it with her or that he shouldn't put her family through a HTD if he wasn't going to pick her. For me, I do have less sympathy for a returnee because they should know better what to expect.

Becca isn't the only one who's been slammed here. Joelle, Caila and Amanda have been slammed plenty for different reasons and we haven't even seen any of them on TV yet.
bluwavz
bluwavz
Access

Female Posts : 19236

Back to top Go down

Post by rhondam Mon Nov 30, 2015 2:42 pm

^ My hope is for Ben or any lead to let someone go the minute they are not feeling it with them but unfortunately as most viewers know, TPTB convince/ask them to keep ________ (fill in the name here) until they give them the green light to let them go. It is then up to the lead how they will act.
rhondam
rhondam

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 30, 2015 2:54 pm

I was told by multiple people who would know that Becca went back on for Ben, and if it weren't him, she wouldn't have gone back on. It's not my intention to change anyone's opinion, but I thought I would share that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 66 of 80 Previous  1 ... 34 ... 65, 66, 67 ... 73 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Becca Tilly - Bachelor 20 - #2 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

+66
stuckinsc
isittrue
beader
alwaystulips
kimberlyg