SELECT CONTENT

DWTS Season 22 - General Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Page 10 of 19 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 14 ... 19  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

swoon - DWTS Season 22 - General Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 10 Empty Re: DWTS Season 22 - General Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Post by lipsis Tue Mar 22, 2016 12:13 pm

I echo everyone's sentiments. I thought it was a great first night with several standouts but not an obvious frontrunner.

Geraldo and Misha were horrendous. I think Geraldo took the criticsm in stride but Misha seemed hurt. Kinda felt bad for her...but only a little bad. Flutie want much better.

I liked Marla. She has an elegance about her. Hard to believe she is 52. I also enjoyed Jodi and while I agree on the facial expression criticism comments, I thought she was underscored. Nice that Keo and Tony both got partners that stand a chance of lasting for a bit, I think, I hope.

The two NFL current players will probably battle it out for a while. Antonio reminds me of Jacoby Jones, a bit hyper but fun and talented. Von is very charismatic and a sexy beast.

Kim did better than I thought she would, She dances with a lot of personality.

Nile did a remarkable job. Its amazing he can dance that well by only following Peta. I think this will be a great challenge for both of them.

Thought Ginger was overscored but props to her for getting out there in that costume so soon after baby.

Those are my thought. Did I miss anybody?

swoon - DWTS Season 22 - General Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 10 Samuel10swoon - DWTS Season 22 - General Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 10 Samuel10 swoon - DWTS Season 22 - General Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 10 Family10swoon - DWTS Season 22 - General Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 10 Samuel15swoon - DWTS Season 22 - General Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 10 Seanca10
"Where would you see us in like five years? What would our lives be like?" ~ Sean Lowe
"We would obviously be married, I hope. I wouldn't be surprised if there was a kid involved in five years." "And we would be happy!" ~ Catherine (Giudici) Lowe
lipsis
lipsis

Back to top Go down

swoon - DWTS Season 22 - General Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 10 Empty Re: DWTS Season 22 - General Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Post by GuardianAngel Tue Mar 22, 2016 1:20 pm

Originally I was only interested in Doug. I think because I was so turned off last season with Tony once again being paired up with a no hope type of partner, but I was very surprised and very much enjoyed the season opener.

I enjoy it much more when there are no immediate front runners. Nyle is so handsome and boy can he dance.

What a difference a season makes without pretty boy Derek. JMHO there are a couple where I don't think there's any hope, but at least I know Derek and his partner aren't in the top spot.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71466

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Tue Mar 22, 2016 1:26 pm

sara11 wrote:I rewatched Nyles dance on mute now - truly incredible that he could do that. This season is honestly his to lose, everyone loves him after tonight.
I also LOVE Wanya and Lindsay. They had me smiling the whole way through so I hope he continues dancing well. Lindsay is shaping up to be one of the best pros on the show.
Most of my votes on facebook went to Doug this week - I always vote for the endearing under dog in the beginning. Hope he does better next week.

My top 3 prediction is Nyle, Wanya and Antonio - I think atleast 1 NFL player will make it to the finale.

He was really good and if I was to pick a winner based on night one, he would be it. I just fear how he will do during the softer dances when the music isn't as loud. He said he could feel some vibration during that dance, but how about when it is something like a waltz or tango? Also, as much as he is liked, I don't know his fan base. Antonio was also really good and football fans are big voters. Fans for models? Don't know. I still expect Nyle to be in the F3 if he continues like this and who knows, he could still take it all.

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by sara11 Tue Mar 22, 2016 1:31 pm

Sprite wrote:

He was really good and if I was to pick a winner based on night one, he would be it. I just fear how he will do during the softer dances when the music isn't as loud. He said he could feel some vibration during that dance, but how about when it is something like a waltz or tango? Also, as much as he is liked, I don't know his fan base. Antonio was also really good and football fans are big voters. Fans for models? Don't know. I still expect Nyle to be in the F3 if he continues like this and who knows, he could still take it all.

For the ballroom dances, I would assume Peta will choreograph a lot in hold so that she can move him around or tap the beat on his shoulder. The football fans are out in full force but if Nyle wins over the general audience I don't think he could be beat.

sara11

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Tue Mar 22, 2016 1:47 pm

sara11 wrote:
Sprite wrote:

For the ballroom dances, I would assume Peta will choreograph a lot in hold so that she can move him around or tap the beat on his shoulder. The football fans are out in full force but if Nyle wins over the general audience I don't think he could be beat.

Yes. It will depend on how well he can do in relation to the better known football players and if he really engages the audience. He will seriously have to bring it in order to beat the football players and their fans. I can't wait to see how it goes. This is the first time in several seasons where I am actually excited for the show.

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by lipsis Tue Mar 22, 2016 2:01 pm

I think GA nailed it. The No-Hough factory Derek was always given the luxury have being paired with a front runner prospect. It seems most of the pros this season are in a position to compete. (Sorry Edyta and Artem) And we, the audience, can watch and judge for ourselves as to who we want to win.

swoon - DWTS Season 22 - General Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 10 Samuel10swoon - DWTS Season 22 - General Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 10 Samuel10 swoon - DWTS Season 22 - General Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 10 Family10swoon - DWTS Season 22 - General Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 10 Samuel15swoon - DWTS Season 22 - General Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 10 Seanca10
"Where would you see us in like five years? What would our lives be like?" ~ Sean Lowe
"We would obviously be married, I hope. I wouldn't be surprised if there was a kid involved in five years." "And we would be happy!" ~ Catherine (Giudici) Lowe
lipsis
lipsis

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Tue Mar 22, 2016 4:45 pm

lipsis wrote:The official cast as announced on GMA this morning and exactly as the spoilers have been saying

Marla Maples, dancing with Tony Dovolani
Mischa Barton, dancing with Artem Chigvintsev
Antonio Brown, dancing with Sharna Burgess
Doug Flutie, dancing with Karina Smirnoff
Wanya Morris, dancing with Lindsay Arnold
Paige VanZant, dancing with Mark Ballas
Von Miller, dancing with Witney Carson
Geraldo Rivera, dancing with Edyta Sliwinska
Kim Fields, dancing with Sasha Farber
Ginger Zee, dancing with Val Chmerkovskiy
Jodie Sweetin, dancing with Keo Motsepe
Nyle DiMarco, dancing with Peta Murgatroyd

Bringing this forward. Thanks for doing this lipsis. I will copy this on the first page, first post for easy reference. In case there are others out there like me, who paid little attention to the spoilers, because I thought I wouldn't be interested. Now I need to familiarize myself with everyone!

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71466

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Bet2Win Tue Mar 22, 2016 4:51 pm

I recorded it and really wasn't interested in watching it, but thought what the hay, I'll watch it before I delete it. Loved it and loved Nyle, the boys to men guy, and was pleasantly surprised with Marla Maples.
Bet2Win
Bet2Win

Back to top Go down

Post by emiusacska Tue Mar 22, 2016 5:16 pm

Am I the only one here who is a huge Mischa Barton fan
emiusacska
emiusacska

Female Posts : 301

Back to top Go down

Post by MiniDiva Tue Mar 22, 2016 9:31 pm

I bet we have a lot of guys in the finale this season - it will be a different but fun season, Derek is gone but Len is back.  giggling
MiniDiva
MiniDiva

Female Posts : 4101

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Tue Mar 22, 2016 11:40 pm

MiniDiva wrote:I bet we have a lot of guys in the finale this season - it will be a different but fun season, Derek is gone but Len is back.  giggling

I think a guy will win it. The men seem stronger this year with several serious contenders.

Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by officeRules Mon Mar 28, 2016 10:36 am

I am a huge Nyle fan... He is really a great representation of our Deaf community!   I haven't posted here often, but I have been a fan since before his ANTM days.  

He mentioned in a previous interview that because the DWTS floor is wooden planks the vibration travels at different speeds.  They tried turning the bass up for vibrations, but it just kept messing them up.  They are using body touches and eye-contact to follow on the dance floor.

IMO, (as a Deaf person),  the slower dances are much easier to follow along with the beat because you have time to adjust and cover up mistakes.  This one was great.  I worry more about the quickstep, but once Nyle practices it until he knows it I do think it will be okay.

He talks about the vibrations messing him up very briefly in the second video from the top here;

http://www.people.com/article/dwts-Nyle-DiMarco-vlog-week-2

He talked about this in more depth in a different interview. I will post it if I can find it again.
officeRules
officeRules

Female Posts : 992

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 19 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 14 ... 19  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

DWTS Season 22 - General Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

+43
dw_a_mom
Spoil Me Again
Norcalgal
GuardianAngel
Linds911