SELECT CONTENT

MAFS - Dave and Ashley - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Discussion

Page 18 of 41 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 29 ... 41  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

MarriedAtFirstSight - MAFS - Dave and Ashley - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Discussion - Page 18 Empty Re: MAFS - Dave and Ashley - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Discussion

Post by GuardianAngel Wed Feb 10, 2016 10:44 pm

So called sister and family have proven they know how to cause drama on SM. Her season is over. If it was so miserable, get over it, move on. It's a new season, I don't care about what happened on Season 2. Thankfully it's over. You caused me much grief around here. Smiley

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71474

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

MarriedAtFirstSight - MAFS - Dave and Ashley - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Discussion - Page 18 Empty Re: MAFS - Dave and Ashley - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Discussion

Post by Guest Thu Feb 11, 2016 10:44 am

Cortney responded to this on her SM today.

link

Cortney Hendrix added a post from 11 February at 12:30 to their Timeline.
3 hrs · ·
I received a message this morning from friend & concerned woman-- completely invested in MAFS. Here is part of her message to me:

I am invested in the show because I met my hubby and got married quickly. I would
Like to know that it can and does work. Silly I know. But I really feel like you and j are awesome together. You seem like a woman of faith who knows how to love someone. That is a gift. I would hate to think this is all just a job to stay together for the network and the brand.
I pray gods plan over you and your husband and I certainly hope it's the real deal.
‪#‎concerned‬

A&&nd this is my response:

Thanks for sending me a message!
Yes ma'm- I am a God fearing woman of faith!

I am not sure who is spilling what beans- I haven't been following the comments on social media in the past few weeks... It got very ugly and I am disappointed truthfully- so I separated myself a tad.

Jason and I are 100% in a real marriage- and for us, this experiment worked. It worked because we busted our asses to change ourselves and become a husband & wife that deserved the other person. It's been incredibly challenging at times- deaths, births, success, failures, growth & celebrations. I wouldn't change it for the world. He's my person and I love him with everything I am- I want to be a better woman, wife & best friend to him because he deserves it. Not me.
Jason and I will be celebrating our 2 year anniversary on March 23rd. SO MUCH has happened in 2 years- my old life prior to marrying Jason feels like eons ago. I am a different person now than I was then- I am a better version of me, THANK GOD. And I am so proud of myself & of my husband. We have been, and will continue, to work on ourselves and our marriage - no matter what.

Being a part of this experiment is pure insanity. It is not rational- it's not practical- it's def not the popular or socially acceptable thing to do... it is so far outside the box of what our society lives in and confides itself too... it shocks & challenges viewers & couples into rethinking everything we have ever been taught about marriage or even learned first hand through a relationship. .. and It's so crazy that it just might work! And it does- but it's not handed to anyone. It's fought for- day in and day out.

When couples choose to get divorced at the end of the experiment or down the road- that doesn't mean the experiment failed. 'An experiment is a procedure carried out to verify, refute, or validate a hypothesis. Experiments provide insight into cause-and-effect by demonstrating what outcome occurs when a particular factor is manipulated.'
I think the experiment has been a success thus far for every single person involved because it's left an imprint on their lives and has forever changed all of us for the better. We learned who we are through this! To know who you are, and to love the person you are- to be this emotionally intellegent & aware is empowering!
What Is Emotional Intelligence?

' Emotional intelligence is the ability to identify and manage your own emotions and the emotions of others. It is generally said to include 3 skills:

1. Emotional awareness, including the ability to identify your own emotions and those of others;

2. The ability to harness emotions and apply them to tasks like thinking and problems solving;

3. The ability to manage emotions, including the ability to regulate your own emotions, and the ability to cheer up or calm down another person.'

I am willing to put money on it, that ALL seasons: 1, 2 & 3 would agree with me on that one smile emoticon

This experiment can't fail a person- it can only fail when the root of this experiment is eliminated... COMMITMENT. Marriage is fragile- esp in the beginning. All it takes is one half of the relationship to call it quits- one person to stop trying, or not value their spouse as a human being... and POOF. We think the experiment failed. Fingers are pointed- blame is deflected- vicious attempts are made in order to excuse behavior... Bottom line: when I need to find the culprit of why bad things happen in my marriage sometimes, I just have to go to the bathroom and look in the mirror.

xoxo
Cortney Hendrix
FYI Television Network Married At First Sight Kinetic Content A&E

Back to top Go down

Post by Brill Thu Feb 11, 2016 11:52 am

see2love, you beat me to putting that here. :yes:

I think this paragraph should really speak to Ashley....

COMMITMENT. Marriage is fragile- esp in the beginning. All it takes is one half of the relationship to call it quits- one person to stop trying, or not value their spouse as a human being... and POOF. We think the experiment failed. Fingers are pointed- blame is deflected- vicious attempts are made in order to excuse behavior... Bottom line: when I need to find the culprit of why bad things happen in my marriage sometimes, I just have to go to the bathroom and look in the mirror.

Amen to the bolded!!! :claphands

MarriedAtFirstSight - MAFS - Dave and Ashley - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Discussion - Page 18 G61033

"All Opinions By Me are IMO, Unless Otherwise Noted" Hugesmile
Brill
Brill

Female Posts : 3171

Back to top Go down

Post by just2relax Thu Feb 11, 2016 12:00 pm

This is the most amazing letter. It's incredibly honest and insightful. A must read for anyone in a committed relationship.

just2relax

Back to top Go down

Post by momof2dogs Thu Feb 11, 2016 1:01 pm

I know this is off topic, but my mom and dad just celebrated their 55th anniversary and they knew each other less than 3 months before they got married. So, these things can work. Yes, they have had some tough times, but they stood by each other no matter what. Everything Courtney said exactly describes my parents' relationship.

momof2dogs

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Thu Feb 11, 2016 1:10 pm

:claphands Courtney! I always felt she was so mature for her young age, however now it's obvious she has learned and grown more as time goes on.

Ashley can learn from her in the Emotional intelligence department. Those items are exactly what Ashley needs to learn in her life.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71474

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by latergator Thu Feb 11, 2016 8:14 pm

some of my observations and opinions, feel free to skip over if you need to...

from what I recall (only what I've seen on TV).  Ashley was not all in at the wedding, but was slowly warming up at the reception and then seemed be warming up more on the wedding night and part of the honeymoon. things really seemed to move south and changed between her and Dave at the move-in together time. his little tantrum at the first night back at his apartment was quite juvenile I thought.  personally, I wonder what Dave has done that pushed her completely away.  she initially did not like his looks at all, but then repeatedly said that he was a good guy with many traits that she admired.  Ashley definitely has her issues, but she has been clear in her diary moments with with the experts that she is not feeling it with him since the move-in. Dave strikes me as needy and controlling. I get the impression that he measures his worth by the number of friends he has, and believes that by turning on the "charm" people will succumb to his personality. I wonder about his perverse clinging to his "poor me" mantra. I wouldn't be surprised if he has a tattoo on his body saying something to the effect "my dad died when I was 7, so treat me extra special". it strikes me as strange that as distant Ashley has been, that here we are week 5 and Dave is still 'falling' for Ashley... even while admitting that he knows nothing about her or her family?

as distant as Ashley is, I honestly believe that she knows something about Dave that we don't know. it's really too bad about them. oddly I think they make a striking couple, but it looks doomed and dead in the water. just one more "poor me" that Dave can add to his repertoire.  
   MarriedAtFirstSight - MAFS - Dave and Ashley - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Discussion - Page 18 Perple10    MarriedAtFirstSight - MAFS - Dave and Ashley - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Discussion - Page 18 27345210     MarriedAtFirstSight - MAFS - Dave and Ashley - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Discussion - Page 18 Chill-10
latergator
latergator

Back to top Go down

Post by jlccaz Fri Feb 12, 2016 11:59 am

What was this couple's wedding date? Someone made a records request on June 4 2015 for the 2007 disorderly conduct criminal record of "a" David Norton of West Babylon, NY from Arizona Supreme Court. (And yes, lo and behold, MAFS David Norton Linked In profile has him living in Arizona in this time frame.) The AZ Supreme Court defendant was ordered to domestic violence counseling. (note to acknowledge that someone somewhere else on the internet first located this criminal record)

In any event guys, just imagine finding out about that history about a Complete Stranger you had just married on the assumption that this was a professional "experiment" involving "experts." I would love to know who requested that record on 6/4 and how it lines up with the wedding date. So, if someone knows/recalls their actual wedding date, could they post it.

This show is Crap. C-R-A-P, crap.

(I can PM the case number to anyone who wants to muster that ounce of sleuthing energy to validate, or see for themselves.)

jlccaz
jlccaz

Back to top Go down

Post by ribbons of color Fri Feb 12, 2016 12:47 pm

I don't believe for a second, that the producers, experts, and who ever else in involved with this production, would let this experiment move forward without a complete and thorough background check on each person chosen for this experiment. This marriage would have never moved forward if this were him. Criminal records where domestic violence counseling was ordered would not be acceptable , sorry just don't see this happening, to many legal issues involved to let this slide, that would mean they (the show) would be intentionally putting Ashley in physical danger, IMO this is not Dave Norton that is appearing on MAFS.

ribbons of color

Back to top Go down

Post by crazychicken Fri Feb 12, 2016 1:05 pm

jlccaz If you don't mind can I ask a question when you say this David is from West Babylon NY, do you mean that is his address when charged, just wondering as you also mention that the MAFS David lived in Arizona at the time

Sorry just confused it just seems a common name and before forming a conclusion would like to verify his identity better

crazychicken

Back to top Go down

Post by jlccaz Fri Feb 12, 2016 1:54 pm

ribbons of color wrote:I don't  believe for a second, that the producers, experts, and who ever else in involved with this production, would let this experiment move forward without a complete and thorough background check on each person chosen for this experiment.  This marriage would have never moved forward if this were him.  Criminal records where domestic violence counseling was ordered would not be acceptable , sorry just don't see this happening, to many legal issues involved to let this slide, that would mean they (the show) would be intentionally  putting Ashley in physical danger, IMO this is not Dave Norton that is appearing on MAFS.

Maybe you're right. West Babylon is Long Island. Doesn't the age match precisely though? And coincidence that he says lived there in that time period? Weird to me, regardless.
jlccaz
jlccaz

Back to top Go down

Post by Brill Fri Feb 12, 2016 2:03 pm

My brain isn't working great today, why would this tweet be interesting??? scratch no idea

MAFSFan ‏@MAFSFan · 15m15 minutes ago

MAFSFan Retweeted Slushie Slinger

So...Ashley and David live in the house owned by a previous cast applicant of #MarriedAtFirstSight ? Interesting.

MAFSFan added,

Slushie Slinger @SlushieSlinger1 @ittybittykity @MerrillB5683 @MAFSFan Cromwell is the owner of the house David and Ashley live in.

MarriedAtFirstSight - MAFS - Dave and Ashley - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Discussion - Page 18 G61033

"All Opinions By Me are IMO, Unless Otherwise Noted" Hugesmile
Brill
Brill

Female Posts : 3171

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 41 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 29 ... 41  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

MAFS - Dave and Ashley - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Discussion

+64
junhanso
michelle1109
cindebugg
snglrose
sun20j2001