SELECT CONTENT

Vacations - Vacation Planning - Discussion

Page 8 of 20 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14 ... 20  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

BackToHappy - Vacations - Vacation Planning - Discussion  - Page 8 Empty Re: Vacations - Vacation Planning - Discussion

Post by Norcalgal Sat Nov 30, 2019 2:37 pm

@GuardianAngel Your photos are a great advertisement for Cuba in the winter! And of course, you would take pics of dogs! BackToHappy - Vacations - Vacation Planning - Discussion  - Page 8 2764

Been watching this crap show like forever
Norcalgal
Norcalgal

Female Posts : 5304

Back to top Go down

BackToHappy - Vacations - Vacation Planning - Discussion  - Page 8 Empty Re: Vacations - Vacation Planning - Discussion

Post by GuardianAngel Sat Nov 30, 2019 4:47 pm

@Norcalgal The funny story about the dog under the park bench, we had packed a couple of buns each with meat and cheese for our half day trip to see the caves since we were leaving early and wouldn't have time for breakfast. We were laughing because we had been eating so much, heaven forbid we miss breakfast!

I was not going down/up 156 steps and 700 some odd feet down into a cave as beautiful as they were. My friend went down, and I was walking around the grounds. Ran into the resident dogs. I started giving him some of my sandwich. One of the tour guides told me he was one of three offsprings of the mom and dad who were also somewhere around the grounds. His sister came along, and I gave her some, she didn't want the bread though, just the meat. laugh out loud smart girl

I started walking around looking for the others so I could share and of course I found them. One didn't like cheese but gladly ate the meat and bread, the other ate anything I gave him. laugh out loud

Needless to say I had nothing left to give. I went to sit on a bench and one of them followed me and laid under the bench across from me. Smiley

I found this youtube of the caves that we went to which were in Matanzas.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OY3LlVdAMTw

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71448

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Doats Sun Jan 26, 2020 10:28 pm

The 2020 US Figure Skating Championship skates are over and it was a GREAT year for all the following reasons:

1. Greensboro NC was a great host.

2. Programs to watch on YouTube:
   a. Mariah Bells' free skate to KD Lange's Hallelujah. This was perhaps one of the most beautiful skates I have ever seen. Mariah was mesmerizing and took the silver without landing a quad jump.
   b. Nathan Chen's short and free skate programs to see quad jumps, spot on spins and amazing footwork. Nathan is changing the sport for the better and it is a privilege to watch him  do it.
   c. Madison Chock/Evan Bates' free dance. Lyrical, modern interpretation of a cobra. Sounds silly but was gorgeous to watch.
   d. As for the pairs, don't miss Jessica Calalang/Brian Johnson's pairs long program. They took the silver medal for an unforgettable performance. (Plus, Jessica's mother and grandmother sat directly in front of me and were incandescent with delight! They were also a joy to watch.)

Am heading home tomorrow on Delta Greensboro to Atlanta to San Francisco. Will keep an eagle eye out for Pilot Pete.

Hoping everyone takes copious notes on tomorrow's episode as I won't be able to watch until Tuesday.

Doats

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Sun Jan 26, 2020 10:36 pm

@Doats thanks for all the details! It sounds like you had a wonderful time!

I will check out some of those youtubes!

Safe travels!

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Doats Sun Jan 26, 2020 10:43 pm

@GuardianAngel the free skate programs for Nathan and Jason (both right up there with Brian Boitano as my favorite male skaters) may not be up yet as they skated only about 3-4 hours ago.

I try to go to Nationals every year--it's my winter vacation. Next year is in San Jose, CA and I live in the Bay Area so no plane fare. Yay!

Doats

Back to top Go down

Post by Doats Sun Jan 26, 2020 10:46 pm

Sorry for the double post but I forgot to mention Jason Brown and both his short and free skates. Jason has no quad jumps but took silver as he made up the difference in the excellence of his transitions, clean triple jumps, spins and incomparable foot work.

I love this guy!

Doats

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Sun Feb 07, 2021 11:47 pm

I cannot wait to be able to travel to somewhere warm again.

I'm going back to Cuba as soon as I'm comfortable travelling. Who else is planning a trip as soon as it's safe?

BackToHappy - Vacations - Vacation Planning - Discussion  - Page 8 1f334 BackToHappy - Vacations - Vacation Planning - Discussion  - Page 8 2708

https://twitter.com/SandalsResorts/status/1358605481435086849

All Rules

GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Norcalgal Mon Feb 08, 2021 2:43 am

@Doats Thanks so much for the recommendation for the US National skates! I loved Mariah Bell and Madison and Evan's snake charming ice dance! And I smiled when you said that Jessica's mother and grandmother were 'incandescent'!

When I went to the 2002 Winter Olympics, Katerina Witt and several of her friends sat behind me (I had ring side seats) and I loved, loved their banter and commentary. Most of us are accustomed to hearing the analysts comments when we watch a dance on TV. But in an arena, it's quiet - just music and the sound of the blades on ice.

Been watching this crap show like forever
Norcalgal
Norcalgal

Female Posts : 5304

Back to top Go down

Post by Doats Mon Feb 08, 2021 2:56 pm

Norcalgal wrote:@Doats Thanks so much for the recommendation for the US National skates! I loved Mariah Bell and Madison and Evan's snake charming ice dance! And I smiled when you said that Jessica's mother and grandmother were 'incandescent'!

When I went to the 2002 Winter Olympics, Katerina Witt and several of her friends sat behind me (I had ring side seats) and I loved, loved their banter and commentary. Most of us are accustomed to hearing the analysts comments when we watch a dance on TV. But in an arena, it's quiet - just music and the sound of the blades on ice.

How very lucky to get to attend an Olympics!

Nationals were not held "live" this year; so disappointing! However, I streamed the skates live on Peacock so I got to see all the skaters, not just the final group. Chock and Bates repeated their "snake free skate" and took the silver.

Your last sentence, "just the music and the sound of the blades on ice," perfectly and eloquently describes the experience.

Doats

Back to top Go down

Post by Doats Fri Apr 23, 2021 8:55 pm

GuardianAngel wrote:I cannot wait to be able to travel to somewhere warm again.

snipped

I'm going back to Cuba as soon as I'm comfortable travelling. Who else is planning a trip as soon as it's safe?

We are planning a rail trip at the beginning of June. Taking Amtrak's Coast Starlight from Los Angeles to Seattle and have booked a "bedroom" as the trip is 30+ hours.

I am counting the days...

Doats

Back to top Go down

Post by albean99 Fri Apr 23, 2021 9:22 pm

I think we're going to Waco, Texas Hill Country, and Austin for a 3-4 day trip soon. We can drive and are fully vaccinated.

Our sons and daughter-in-law are also vaccinated and we'll all be heading to Disney World in September. Our granddaughter will be 14 months then and not likely able to be vaccinated although there's a good chance she got some immunity from breast milk when her mom was vaccinated. We went quite a bit when our kids were young and could drive and we all have very happy memories. (photo from 1995)

BackToHappy - Vacations - Vacation Planning - Discussion  - Page 8 VAIO7XAxFJimuYYsBJRDKgtwLu2oYC86KIP0YLRbLvYxzCqg2C-yxJzWK5vU2J0kE_AsTGeYi1swhLhMbNCSAl0_j71z24Q9qHF3BvEN4GCzTdsMgxlIg8N69MEcJYmpsU6SO32vdUjduV8SaoUNsCmlbHvtDwteaCOogce4pjy14qEOSuogAei4h34Cuo-wx5T6uBLBvT5-VmoVHV3DR9K-0qQ8ES8ZLMNcLu5GzqVsLeP9xBD7UtG094z9AyrjjzWBG65sqZPTonOmPfVqRp74ES7A5wbwFJ6Ih9KoPcUwfCVnVbMU4TDSbzJLHApKCaSPrfPKr2izWtH1NfCflkeRp_ye5bFV4ejLhWJpXuzYRP9xpdjEfAwHzSphQ6_o1LERy5488SHJlpIuVUKPBenJSUlkal_Kj69uTSRptmAOq5hwCRtVfgHdwf1ZxOaiki1wELdwiJ9IBYz1yQSkfO935bQYLHLhuWLFdsfPvvZ4MKFr7fSmdE1Brknpx4LSY15Jx3bX2Q2iAnNGg3BJgwsM6aTsdUxfYRCBiJc6O6ldwXfKeBfvg44ByQRWhpKvBlPiMJfRlQZlX9nON6yJFDGfA73Er5UHTt5Otsmg6XpTzjidqCajWSqzDmtvqC0G4iuMizp79mn38c3qDNc51SsuccHqHqMPJA67htAnvTAoc3jKjQt3oHOp9P1Yv6Z1FYQVFbE9o6Jbjrjdpud_Tv869A=w1090-h720-no?authuser=0

"Love is the Only Reality" -Ed Lambton
albean99
albean99

Female Posts : 15305

Back to top Go down

Post by nikikass Fri Apr 23, 2021 10:53 pm

I am actually going to this resort in November.

Sandals Emerald Bay.  Cant wait its been so long!!  BackToHappy - Vacations - Vacation Planning - Discussion  - Page 8 1710264613  BackToHappy - Vacations - Vacation Planning - Discussion  - Page 8 1710264613  Hugesmile

GuardianAngel wrote:I cannot wait to be able to travel to somewhere warm again.

BackToHappy - Vacations - Vacation Planning - Discussion  - Page 8 1f334  BackToHappy - Vacations - Vacation Planning - Discussion  - Page 8 2708

https://twitter.com/SandalsResorts/status/1358605481435086849
nikikass
nikikass

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 20 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14 ... 20  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Vacations - Vacation Planning - Discussion

+16
2observe
veg_out
Astrobach
Norcalgal
Mommyof2