SELECT CONTENT

The Bachelor 20 - Ben Higgins - Premier - Episode 1 - Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Page 49 of 49 Previous  1 ... 26 ... 47, 48, 49

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Kimmel -  The Bachelor 20 - Ben Higgins - Premier - Episode 1 - Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 49 Empty Re: The Bachelor 20 - Ben Higgins - Premier - Episode 1 - Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Post by albean99 Mon Jan 11, 2016 11:19 am

We all watch this crazy show. What does that say about us? giggling

I have no issue with them coming on the show the first time for the adventure and travel. I'd much rather do that than Survivor and eat worms or whatever. I love TAR but it's not for everyone and I'm sure harder to get on. Why not do the show (unless you're my kids of course)? Being a lead for the 1st time doesn't bother me either because it's a financial decision and there's a shot you may find someone to like/love. I don't like the former f1 coming back as lead or former cast coming back on the show, especially if they made it to the f2 or 3 which may be why Amber is getting less flack than Becca and Nick. I didn't like it when Mary & the other one came back in Byron's season either. To me it's a drama ploy on TPTB's part and I don't care if the castmember is into the lead or not. That's just me.

I don't count BP or BIP unless you're a multiple offender. It just looks bad other than your first time imo.

"Love is the Only Reality" -Ed Lambton
albean99
albean99

Female Posts : 15259

Back to top Go down

Kimmel -  The Bachelor 20 - Ben Higgins - Premier - Episode 1 - Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 49 Empty Re: The Bachelor 20 - Ben Higgins - Premier - Episode 1 - Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Post by mizzoufan Mon Jan 11, 2016 5:48 pm

Where is the hate for Ben going on the show again? Becca seems to get the backlash for going on the show, while Ben is giving a free pass. Double standards seem to be alive and well.

mizzoufan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 11, 2016 6:10 pm

mizzoufan wrote:Where is the hate for Ben going on the show again? Becca seems  to get the backlash for going on the show, while Ben is giving a free pass. Double standards seem to be alive and well.

Ben didnt go on record that he thought the process didnt work and was too short. For example.

And BTW, I have no particular feeling about Becca coming back in a Yeah or "Hate" way, but I do agreewith some posters who said she would prob have come back for almost anyone and if she really was interested in Ben could easily have made contact like Tenley and others.
I dont think any of the above make her "worse" than any other returnee before or after, but I do think that somehow portraying her as better than other returnees or assuming she's there JUST for Ben is ludicrous.  

IMO (in case that wasnt clear!)  Kimmel -  The Bachelor 20 - Ben Higgins - Premier - Episode 1 - Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 49 2498057887

Last edited by sophienette on Mon Jan 11, 2016 6:11 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by mysthelma Mon Jan 11, 2016 6:11 pm

Yeah Ben could very have said no thanks but he wanted to be the lead for the opportunity, fame and hopefully find a partner which is not a guarantee. There have been others who turned it down like Chris L, Roberto I believe.

I view all of them the same no one is better than the other some are much more likable like Ben
mysthelma
mysthelma

Back to top Go down

Post by bleuberry Mon Jan 11, 2016 6:56 pm

Call me naive but I actually don't think Ben is wanting to become famous out of this. Some lean more towards the serious relationship part and I think Ben is one of them. Though I'm sure the travel, experience, and money were a part of it too.

Kimmel -  The Bachelor 20 - Ben Higgins - Premier - Episode 1 - Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 49 6rj59l

In a little glass church built from the inspiration of dreams,  their vows danced through the air 
like smoke from a vigil candle, consummating a love now deeply matured. -Zak Waddell
bleuberry
bleuberry

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 11, 2016 7:28 pm

I agree! I've always gotten the vibe that he's actually kind of uncomfortable with the attention.

Back to top Go down

Post by rc49ers Mon Jan 11, 2016 7:39 pm

I think Ben is a great choice , Its been a while since I looked for Mondays to get here , but this season , liking the contestants and Ben , that's happened for me .
I feel Ben comes across very caring and sincere , and I for one am going to enjoy this season .

:girlfan girldance group hug

Kimmel -  The Bachelor 20 - Ben Higgins - Premier - Episode 1 - Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 49 Its-ra10 It's raining LOVE!!            Kimmel -  The Bachelor 20 - Ben Higgins - Premier - Episode 1 - Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 49 Air_fi10 .....And an Amazing Adventure!!  

Kimmel -  The Bachelor 20 - Ben Higgins - Premier - Episode 1 - Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 49 Baseball-1 Life Is Like baseball, You Will Not Hit Every Pitch!
rc49ers
rc49ers

Back to top Go down

Post by brittany4400 Mon Jan 11, 2016 7:55 pm

Rcers, I haven't been this excited since Des and Chris. Ben is the first bachelor I have actually been happy about. It's like he is handsome and just darn cute and likable all in one.
brittany4400
brittany4400

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Mon Jan 11, 2016 8:20 pm

brittany4400 wrote:Rcers, I haven't been this excited since Des and Chris. Ben is the first bachelor I have actually been happy about.  It's like he is handsome and just darn cute and likable all in one.
Same here - I feel the same way and I hope there is an ending as great as Des's and Chris's turned out. yes :Woah-hoo:
SLA44
SLA44

Female Posts : 2755

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 11, 2016 8:58 pm

mizzoufan wrote:Where is the hate for Ben going on the show again? Becca seems  to get the backlash for going on the show, while Ben is giving a free pass. Double standards seem to be alive and well.
I wouldn't call it a double standard because it's not the same situation. Coming back as the lead (where you're getting paid a six figure sum and getting to be in control - or as 'in control' as TPTB allow you to be) is different than coming back as a contestant fighting for one person again. Now, if Ben hadn't been the Bachelor and had come back as a contestant on the Bachelorette Season 12? Then I would be judging him the same way I judged Nick and Becca. But in this current situation, Ben's not getting the backlash that Becca's getting because he's not doing the same thing as her.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 49 of 49 Previous  1 ... 26 ... 47, 48, 49

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

The Bachelor 20 - Ben Higgins - Premier - Episode 1 - Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

+52
IWouldMarryAshleyI
california90
bronco18
Mommyof2
Sprite
KB_Mom
theKeptGrits
Dog&pheonix
Ayana
pavalygurl
Ash2214