SELECT CONTENT

The Bachelor 20 - Ben Higgins - General Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* #3

Page 38 of 76 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39 ... 57 ... 76  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

16 - The Bachelor 20 - Ben Higgins - General Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* #3 - Page 38 Empty Re: The Bachelor 20 - Ben Higgins - General Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* #3

Post by avacaroline Tue Feb 23, 2016 12:35 pm

I'm rewatching the previews of next week now that I have the kiddos off to school. The morning after screencaps are interesting. Obviously, this isn't a clear indication of whether the "sex with all three" is true or not....but here's what I see: Although he is shown in bed with Caila, if you look closely, the left side of the bed is untouched- the comforter is even still pulled up. With JoJo, we only see half of the bed and Ben pulling back the curtains. Can't really tell the condition of "his" side of the bed, but we also don't see them waking up together.... With Lauren, on the other hand, we see clothes thrown all over the place and a bed that appears to have had two inhabitants..... :swinginglove :cutesmile!:

What does all of this mean? I have no idea, other than I feel like a weirdo trying to sleuth the condition of bed sheets. no no

I've hit a new low.
avacaroline
avacaroline

Female Posts : 807

Back to top Go down

16 - The Bachelor 20 - Ben Higgins - General Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* #3 - Page 38 Empty Re: The Bachelor 20 - Ben Higgins - General Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* #3

Post by bronco18 Tue Feb 23, 2016 12:38 pm

Those are great observations!!

wine SO UNMURDERY :cheeseyy
               :crazy dance:
bronco18
bronco18

Female Posts : 227

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 23, 2016 12:46 pm

The beds did look staged to me.

Lol! I just looked and you're right! Only LauBen's bed was messy not to mention the clothes all around ! Too funny .
Caila is sitting on a bed that's totally still made up except where Ben is. Jojo's, I can't tell yet. It's just funny to see all the clothes strewn about in LauBen's room giggling

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucas15 Tue Feb 23, 2016 1:05 pm

avacaroline wrote:I'm rewatching the previews of next week now that I have the kiddos off to school.  The morning after screencaps are interesting. Obviously, this isn't a clear indication of whether the "sex with all three" is true or not....but here's what I see:  Although he is shown in bed with Caila, if you look closely, the left side of the bed is untouched- the comforter is even still pulled up.  With JoJo, we only see half of the bed and Ben pulling back the curtains.  Can't really tell the condition of "his" side of the bed, but we also don't see them waking up together....  With Lauren, on the other hand, we see clothes thrown all over the place and a bed that appears to have had two inhabitants.....  :swinginglove   :cutesmile!:  

What does all of this mean? I have no idea, other than I feel like a weirdo trying to sleuth the condition of bed sheets.  no no

I've hit a new low.

Or - maybe a new high because this is great observation!

I don't know how many are familiar with the term "B-Roll" - when I first heard it I thought I misheard but then looked it up and found out what it means:

In film and television production, B-roll (B roll, or Broll) is supplemental or alternative footage intercut with the main shot. In fiction film, it is a technique used to indicate simultaneous action or flashbacks.
source: B-Roll

B-roll could also be viewed, in a sense, as a re-shoot of a scene to turn it into something different than it really was.

Now when I first heard it was specifically in relation to this series (but not this season) and it was used to turn a scene that happened one way into something that looked quite different when we saw it. IIRC the term was also used this season but I can't remember in what scene. It might have been in one of Sharlene's blogs, but it does suggest it's a relatively common practice.

So it's extremely possible, IMO, that B-Roll footage could make it seem like an overnight date went all night and ended when one of the parties left when in fact it wasn't an all-night date and the B-Roll footage was shot later on to make it seem like it was. IMO some of the past FD when we see someone leaving in the morning may not have been as they seem. And your powers of observation may have just caught the sneaky producers creating a perception that a date that actually ended early went all night.

JMHO

Last edited by Lucas15 on Tue Feb 23, 2016 1:11 pm; edited 2 times in total

Lucas15

Male Posts : 2809

Back to top Go down

Post by Tiggerlgh Tue Feb 23, 2016 1:08 pm

Lucas15 wrote:
avacaroline wrote:I'm rewatching the previews of next week now that I have the kiddos off to school.  The morning after screencaps are interesting. Obviously, this isn't a clear indication of whether the "sex with all three" is true or not....but here's what I see:  Although he is shown in bed with Caila, if you look closely, the left side of the bed is untouched- the comforter is even still pulled up.  With JoJo, we only see half of the bed and Ben pulling back the curtains.  Can't really tell the condition of "his" side of the bed, but we also don't see them waking up together....  With Lauren, on the other hand, we see clothes thrown all over the place and a bed that appears to have had two inhabitants.....  :swinginglove   :cutesmile!:  

What does all of this mean? I have no idea, other than I feel like a weirdo trying to sleuth the condition of bed sheets.  no no

I've hit a new low.

Or - maybe a new high because this is great observation!

I don't know how many are familiar with the term "B-Roll" - when I first heard it I thought I misheard but then looked it up and found out what it means:

In film and television production, B-roll (B roll, or Broll) is supplemental or alternative footage intercut with the main shot. In fiction film, it is a technique used to indicate simultaneous action or flashbacks.
source: B-Roll

Now when I first heard it was specifically in relation to this series (but not this season) and it was used to turn a scene that happened one way into something that looked quite different when we saw it. IIRC the term was also used this season but I can't remember in what scene.

So it's extremely possible, IMO, that B-Roll footage could make it seem like an overnight date went all night and ended when one of the parties left when in fact it wasn't an all-night date and the B-Roll footage was shot later on to make it seem like it was. IMO some of the past FD when we see someone leaving in the morning may not have been as they seem. And your powers of observation may have just caught the sneaky producers creating a perception that a date that actually ended early went all night.

Or the opposite where it made it look like people left or there wasn't a FD when we know there was **cough** Emily's season. **cough***
Tiggerlgh
Tiggerlgh

Female Posts : 6175

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 23, 2016 1:13 pm

I wasn't a member here back in Emily's season, and I really did think there was no FS, none at all. How naive was I. 16 - The Bachelor 20 - Ben Higgins - General Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* #3 - Page 38 1f602

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucas15 Tue Feb 23, 2016 1:13 pm

Tiggerlgh wrote:Or the opposite where it made it look like people left or there wasn't a FD when we know there was **cough**  Emily's season. **cough***

Yes - it certainly could be used to do that too. It can be used to make anything look different than what really happened.

Lucas15

Male Posts : 2809

Back to top Go down

Post by KB_Mom Tue Feb 23, 2016 1:25 pm

I can't quite put my finger on how it will play out in remaining epis leading up to FRC and JoJo's exit... but I felt like Ben\JoJo conversation about her ex was foreshadowing. Ben said, paraphrasing, that he's been in relationships where a person from the past came back into the other person's life, and it didn't work out well for him. (Part of his "unlovable" feeling- relationship going well until an ex pops up and woman he is in relationship with chooses ex over Ben???) I'm sure a lot was left on the cutting room floor, but from what they showed us, this "obstacle" seemed way too easily resolved and Ben too easily reassured.

I think somehow Ben's concern about whether JoJo is over her ex will come up again. I'm of the belief he was a goner for Lauren from early on, but for drama effect, the issue of whether JoJo is over her ex and Ben's fear of her going back to ex may be played out. Could possibly explain why JoJo was dragged to F2 (to keep the drama) because for me, after that horrid HTD, If I were Ben, I would have run :Bendog and told JoJo "nice knowing you"

JMO

"Learning is a gift. Even when pain is your teacher." Maya Watson
KB_Mom
KB_Mom

Female Posts : 2514

Back to top Go down

Post by FMG2015 Tue Feb 23, 2016 2:29 pm

I've hit a new low.

Looking at the screencaps of the preview. It looks like the scene where Lauren says I love you, she is wearing a pink top/dress. In the screencap of Lauren/Ben during the morning after, you see a pink dress/blouse on the floor next to the bed.

FMG2015

Back to top Go down

Post by NCGalBecca Tue Feb 23, 2016 2:33 pm

Looks like a post FD meltdown is coming per his latest blog post on People:

But with that, I knew I had three women left that I felt absolutely amazing about. But Fantasy Suites presented even more pressure than before, and I can tell you now I never expected this week to unfold the way that it did. I had to say a goodbye in a way I never thought I would, to a girl I wasn't sure I ever would say goodbye to … and she did not take it very well at all. I don't think neither she nor I anticipated that kind of emotion overflowing when goodbye happened so unexpectedly. They say what happens in the Fantasy Suites stays in the Fantasy Suites, but next week's episode definitely puts that to the test.

One faces the future with one's past. - Pearl Buck
NCGalBecca
NCGalBecca

Female Posts : 1904

Back to top Go down

Post by Tiggerlgh Tue Feb 23, 2016 2:36 pm

NCGalBecca wrote:Looks like a post FD meltdown is coming per his latest blog post on People:

But with that, I knew I had three women left that I felt absolutely amazing about. But Fantasy Suites presented even more pressure than before, and I can tell you now I never expected this week to unfold the way that it did. I had to say a goodbye in a way I never thought I would, to a girl I wasn't sure I ever would say goodbye to … and she did not take it very well at all. I don't think neither she nor I anticipated that kind of emotion overflowing when goodbye happened so unexpectedly. They say what happens in the Fantasy Suites stays in the Fantasy Suites, but next week's episode definitely puts that to the test.

I wonder what the unexpected way he said good bye was.
Tiggerlgh
Tiggerlgh

Female Posts : 6175

Back to top Go down

Post by jupi Tue Feb 23, 2016 2:38 pm

NCGalBecca wrote:Looks like a post FD meltdown is coming per his latest blog post on People:

I feel bad but my first thought was, will this be Caila's B'ette audition?

16 - The Bachelor 20 - Ben Higgins - General Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* #3 - Page 38 27dmB0k
"You're my person."  heartbeat  

jupi

Female Posts : 218

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 38 of 76 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39 ... 57 ... 76  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

The Bachelor 20 - Ben Higgins - General Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* #3

+99
AmoreBella
Cinn3
Rolly
sdmom
aviej