SELECT CONTENT

American Idol 15 - Farewell Season - Discussion - *Spoilers*

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

View previous topic View next topic Go down

American Idol 15 - Farewell Season - Discussion - *Spoilers* - Page 6 Empty Re: American Idol 15 - Farewell Season - Discussion - *Spoilers*

Post by leselihau Fri Apr 08, 2016 10:44 am

Loved last night's show. I agree with you lipsis...could have done without so much JLo....and I don't care for Harry's voice...but I like that they tributed the Idol Gives Back. It was a good show and the only person I really missed seeing on the show was Adam Lambert....was surprising to me that he wasn't there....but otherwise a GREAT night of Idol memories!

leselihau

Back to top Go down

American Idol 15 - Farewell Season - Discussion - *Spoilers* - Page 6 Empty Re: American Idol 15 - Farewell Season - Discussion - *Spoilers*

Post by lipsis Fri Apr 08, 2016 11:51 am

Adam is on tour right now. I guess since he spent a week mentoring and he performed twice that it wasnt a big deal if he didnt participate.

American Idol 15 - Farewell Season - Discussion - *Spoilers* - Page 6 Samuel10American Idol 15 - Farewell Season - Discussion - *Spoilers* - Page 6 Samuel10 American Idol 15 - Farewell Season - Discussion - *Spoilers* - Page 6 Family10American Idol 15 - Farewell Season - Discussion - *Spoilers* - Page 6 Samuel15American Idol 15 - Farewell Season - Discussion - *Spoilers* - Page 6 Seanca10
"Where would you see us in like five years? What would our lives be like?" ~ Sean Lowe
"We would obviously be married, I hope. I wouldn't be surprised if there was a kid involved in five years." "And we would be happy!" ~ Catherine (Giudici) Lowe
lipsis
lipsis

Back to top Go down

Post by albean99 Fri Apr 08, 2016 12:03 pm

Overall I enjoyed the show. Still wish we could have ended up with a female winner like we started. There wasn't a female winner since Jordan Sparks in season 6 other than season 12 when they pushed through 2 women for the final, Candice and Kree. Of that I was glad because it was getting ridiculous with all the WGWG (white guys with guitars) winners. I guess Trent is another one of those although he deserved to win as much as La'Porsha in the end and is an excellent singer.  

The good: Seeing all my favorites, Dinkleman cracked me up, seeing Simon reminded me of better days, Kelly's medley of hit songs was incredible, Keith with Carrie, and Jessica Sanchez who was the best imo although Joshua and Pia were also impressive. I enjoyed seeing the Idol Gives Back video also. It was emotional watching it all and my dh & I had a drink to toast the finale.

The bad: Why in the world was Kara Dioguardi singing?  question J Lo's song was way too long and she didn't share it with any idols. I didn't get why Constantine was up & center in the intro and sang in a couple of groups when a lot of the winners weren't. I would have liked for them to do a brief reminder about Michael Johns (could have dropped "She bangs" guy). Most importantly, this season's top 10 was barely seen and had no solos or duets like previous seasons. I felt they got ripped off. Why couldn't they have added more time to feature them, especially since there's no tour this season?

Even so, I thoroughly enjoyed the show.  I was happy that Chris Daughtry was featured and got some of his newest single. I also got to see one of my faves, Casey James singing with Catherine McPhee who was another favorite. There were some noticeably not there like Adam Lambert, Crystal Bowersox, Jena Irene, and more who were on tour or otherwise busy. David Archilita would only agree to appear in the opening number but wouldn't perform Imagine like he supposedly was asked. I was a little surprised that some of the former winners weren't really featured at all but will be happy to never see Taylor Hicks again. I'll never get how he won over Chris D, Elliot, and Catherine in season 5. no idea

This is kind of an interesting reminder:
http://heavy.com/entertainment/2016/04/american-idol-winners-and-runner-ups-list-by-year-each-every/1/

"Love is the Only Reality" -Ed Lambton
albean99
albean99

Female Posts : 15296

Back to top Go down

Post by Nonina430 Fri Apr 08, 2016 12:34 pm

Loved your post albean, you forgot the ugly.   laugh out loud 
I too enjoyed the flashbacks of Simon, Paula and Randy's 
funny, funny moments. Happy he showed up. 
I watched all 15 years. Always felt the show catapult Americans
from 9/11. You were right on about Taylor Hicks. I boohooed
last night sad it was a wonderful finale for a wonderful show.

Nonina430

Back to top Go down

Post by Bet2Win Fri Apr 08, 2016 12:39 pm

I was disappointed that the WGWG won again. LaPortia slayed every week, but I knew in the end she wouldn't be crowned.

Still love Cookie, he's my favorite idol, if for no other reason than being the first non-crooner to win.

Seeing the original 3 judges made me realize how much I miss the early idol days. I stopped watching during Scotty's season.

Bet2Win
Bet2Win

Back to top Go down

Post by lipsis Fri Apr 08, 2016 12:46 pm

Excellent recap and review Bean.

Season 12 was a joke the way they picked six terrible guys to put in the top 12 so that a girl would win. Lol If the show does come back in some form maybe they need to find a way to make the fan vote only part of the deciding factor? And bring back Simon, Paula with Keith.

American Idol 15 - Farewell Season - Discussion - *Spoilers* - Page 6 Samuel10American Idol 15 - Farewell Season - Discussion - *Spoilers* - Page 6 Samuel10 American Idol 15 - Farewell Season - Discussion - *Spoilers* - Page 6 Family10American Idol 15 - Farewell Season - Discussion - *Spoilers* - Page 6 Samuel15American Idol 15 - Farewell Season - Discussion - *Spoilers* - Page 6 Seanca10
"Where would you see us in like five years? What would our lives be like?" ~ Sean Lowe
"We would obviously be married, I hope. I wouldn't be surprised if there was a kid involved in five years." "And we would be happy!" ~ Catherine (Giudici) Lowe
lipsis
lipsis

Back to top Go down

Post by MiniDiva Fri Apr 08, 2016 1:08 pm

Enjoyed the finale last night.  Glad they showcased the talent of the contestants over the years and it was great to see them come together.  So many faces/names I had forgotten and enjoyed seeing again.  I was glad to see the big stars back to their roots which is a tribute to the fact that Idol did produce great talent.  My fav has always been Carrie Underwood and I was very happy to see her on the finale last night.   Smiley
MiniDiva
MiniDiva

Female Posts : 4101

Back to top Go down

Post by bleuberry Fri Apr 08, 2016 1:50 pm

I find Trent more talented than their typical WGWG. Though I figured he was going to win given who the voters have picked in the past. Hubby called the Bowie tribute the 'WGWG Medley' and used it as a bathroom break laugh out loud.

American Idol 15 - Farewell Season - Discussion - *Spoilers* - Page 6 6rj59l

In a little glass church built from the inspiration of dreams,  their vows danced through the air 
like smoke from a vigil candle, consummating a love now deeply matured. -Zak Waddell
bleuberry
bleuberry

Back to top Go down

Post by bleuberry Fri Apr 08, 2016 1:54 pm

Why did David Archuleta refuse to perform? I loved his performance of Imagine.

American Idol 15 - Farewell Season - Discussion - *Spoilers* - Page 6 6rj59l

In a little glass church built from the inspiration of dreams,  their vows danced through the air 
like smoke from a vigil candle, consummating a love now deeply matured. -Zak Waddell
bleuberry
bleuberry

Back to top Go down

Post by albean99 Fri Apr 08, 2016 5:12 pm

I think it's something to do with religion, bleu. I read a bunch of comments from fans on Mj's big blog and got the impression that maybe he doesn't feel a part of it anymore because his focus is elsewhere but I really don't know for sure.

I liked some of the WGWG like David Cook and Philip Phillips but didn't really understand why some of them won other than they get a lot of the female vote.

"Love is the Only Reality" -Ed Lambton
albean99
albean99

Female Posts : 15296

Back to top Go down

Post by Tiggerlgh Fri Apr 08, 2016 5:41 pm

Looks like I should maybe see if I can watch last night show On Demand sometime. I haven't watched in years but this sounds like it might have been fun to see.

Team Sluething :detective

Sorry for typos...my iPad likes to think it knows what I want to say.
Tiggerlgh
Tiggerlgh

Female Posts : 6175

Back to top Go down

Post by Buckeye_Fan Tue Apr 12, 2016 11:03 am

lipsis wrote:That show was mostly frickin fabulous. It gets a mostly because I could have done without the judges performances, except for Keith who performed with an Idol. Otherwise, fab-u-lous.

I totally forgot how much I loved Joshua Ledet. Will forever love Cookie, Daughtry, Mindy Doo, Pebbles, Clay, Carly, Bo, and George Huff always puts a smile on my face.

I'm absolutely thrilled Trent won. Once again, the young female voters trumped the judges. LaPorscha is going to do just fine. She already has a recording contract so she basically walks away just as Trent will except for the title in front of the name.

Ryan sounded choked up at the end but it does sound like there's a possibility we may see some form of it back.

And now I'm sad it's over. Damn you, American Idol.

lipsis wrote:Excellent recap and review Bean.

Season 12 was a joke the way they picked six terrible guys to put in the top 12 so that a girl would win. Lol If the show does come back in some form maybe they need to find a way to make the fan vote only part of the deciding factor? And bring back Simon, Paula with Keith.

lipsis, I kept finding myself agreeing with you!

The biggest disappointment for me was all the time the judges took up. I give Keith a little bit of a pass since he did share the stage with Carrie, even though she still had a solo spot of her own. Not that she doesn't deserve it, but so many former idols didn't get time. And I feel badly for this year's contestants who also got lost on the show, which is not the norm.

In the old days, it was more about the contestants, not the judges. Now the judges have to make sure they get time to promote themselves. Again, Keith is the least selfish of the 3. IMO, he was the best thing that came out of season 12.

Buckeye_Fan

Female Posts : 614

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

American Idol 15 - Farewell Season - Discussion - *Spoilers*

+16
california90
Nibbles22
MiniDiva
whit90
stuckinsc