SELECT CONTENT

Caila Quinn - Bachelor 20 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* #2

Page 48 of 80 Previous  1 ... 25 ... 47, 48, 49 ... 64 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

bachelorandchill - Caila Quinn - Bachelor 20 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* #2 - Page 48 Empty Re: Caila Quinn - Bachelor 20 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* #2

Post by bluwavz Tue Feb 09, 2016 6:37 pm

I've said this before but returning as a contestant and returning as a lead is not the same thing at all. The lead is sure to end up with someone at the end if they want to, they get paid most importantly and they get a shot at DWTS and other opportunities they wouldn't have had if they were just a contestant. Contestants just set themselves up to most likely be rejected again and they're in the same exact position as they were the last time they were on. I see more "dignity" in returning as a lead than as a contestant. Even going on BiP would be a more "respectable" option since they get paid and returnee contestants don't. I've never disliked anyone merely for being a returnee. I was a Nick fan last season! But I was so exhausted and over it by the end of Kaitlyn's season.
bluwavz
bluwavz
Access

Female Posts : 19230

Back to top Go down

bachelorandchill - Caila Quinn - Bachelor 20 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* #2 - Page 48 Empty Re: Caila Quinn - Bachelor 20 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* #2

Post by AllAboutLove Tue Feb 09, 2016 6:41 pm

^ They can do all that on BIP and more successfully with less stress, especially as Bettes, imo.

No matter how the "role" is spun, I don't see the people as any different, if anything, the returnee contestant takes more guts imo and if they really wanted just fame and attention (b/c they will never get lead after 2nd stint), there's BIP where they can even get paid too.

So, IMO, I actually feel MORE for returnee contestants than BIP or lead returnees. Most of those returnee contestants were all offered BIP too (Amber did that as well) but IMO, Nick and Becca both went on for the lead and they had no choice since that contestant was lead and not on BIP. If all "returnees" were on BIP and not made into leads I think it would be even more successful on BIP.

It would also do away with people having to fake themselves to be lead which, IMO, is much, much worse than any return contestants. Most of these leads that were contestants ended up complete duds. So I am for new leads and know that won't happen but it's why I have a harsher eye on ALL those who are contestants for lead like Caila is obviously doing, imo.

Last edited by AllAboutLove on Tue Feb 09, 2016 6:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by bleuberry Tue Feb 09, 2016 6:44 pm

Yeah, I just don't find it comparable to return as a contestant (hello desperation) and getting chosen to be the lead.

bachelorandchill - Caila Quinn - Bachelor 20 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* #2 - Page 48 6rj59l

In a little glass church built from the inspiration of dreams,  their vows danced through the air 
like smoke from a vigil candle, consummating a love now deeply matured. -Zak Waddell
bleuberry
bleuberry

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Tue Feb 09, 2016 6:49 pm

How is it desperation though when they can and were all offered BIP? To me it is just a sign they were interested in the one person that didn't go on BIP but became lead.

Back to Caila, I can say though that I wouldn't want her as a contestant on BIP either. If she's so real and genuine, she can find the love she wants off TV and not have to deal with her worst fear of hurting people, let alone just one guy. cheeky
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 09, 2016 6:55 pm

bleuberry wrote:Yeah, I just don't find it comparable to return as a contestant (hello desperation) and getting chosen to be the lead.

I agree. Every time a contestant has returned, with the exception of Mary and Nick, they've done "worse" than the first time and they usually leave with a worse edit. It's also just really embarrassing that for two years of your life, you can't meet anyone IRL and have to rely on a incredibly unsuccessful reality TV show to find a date. As opposed to the lead, who, worst case scenario, leaves with just a couple of hundred thousand dollars, has billboards of them everywhere, and gets to meet famous celebrities like JK and Ellen. To me, it's not even comparable. JMO.

Back to top Go down

Post by mysthelma Tue Feb 09, 2016 6:57 pm

It's like all the contestants must fall in love with perfect Ben..., if you don't or somehow verbalized that you not feeling it you are manipulative.

That conversation was definitely awkward, it just showed Caila is not a good actress and couldn't execute the script but I still like her.

I mean she may be only 24 but I bet she will do a better job and will be fun to watch than the last two bettes imo

#teanCalia #TeamBryan #Brachel #RnBLove  bachelorandchill - Caila Quinn - Bachelor 20 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* #2 - Page 48 1f49b  bachelorandchill - Caila Quinn - Bachelor 20 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* #2 - Page 48 1f49c

"I can see the Man you deserve, and I want to be that Man" l o v ebeatingheartseeing hearts
mysthelma
mysthelma

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Tue Feb 09, 2016 7:13 pm

AllAboutLove wrote:^ They can do all that on BIP and more successfully with less stress, especially as Bettes, imo.

No matter how the "role" is spun, I don't see the people as any different, if anything, the returnee contestant takes more guts imo and if they really wanted just fame and attention (b/c they will never get lead after 2nd stint), there's BIP where they can even get paid too.

So, IMO, I actually feel MORE for returnee contestants than BIP or lead returnees. Most of those returnee contestants were all offered BIP too (Amber did that as well) but IMO, Nick and Becca both went on for the lead and they had no choice since that contestant was lead and not on BIP. If all "returnees" were on BIP and not made into leads I think it would be even more successful on BIP.

It would also do away with people having to fake themselves to be lead which, IMO, is much, much worse than any return contestants. Most of these leads that were contestants ended up complete duds. So I am for new leads and know that won't happen but it's why I have a harsher eye on ALL those who are contestants for lead like Caila is obviously doing, imo.

I don't think being a returnee or just a new lead makes any difference. There have been some dud returnees, but there were plenty of duds when the leads were unknowns. Some returnees learned a lot during their stints and I think made better leads as a result. Others learned squat or got a swelled head and their seasons were a big fail. Either way, I don't think you can ever tell until you see the season play out. I think the over manipulation/editing does the show no favours.

If Caila is the next bette, I would have no problem and to me she doesn't seem to be auditioning any more or less than some of the others this season. If nothing else, she would be the bette with the best hair ever!

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Tue Feb 09, 2016 7:17 pm

Well hopefully TPTB will make the right choice and not have Caila as Bette and she can find love elsewhere and off my screen. I couldn't take watching her on her dates let alone a season of her. Just no.
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by bluwavz Tue Feb 09, 2016 7:19 pm

She is the right choice to me! I'm sick of the fan favorites.
bluwavz
bluwavz
Access

Female Posts : 19230

Back to top Go down

Post by mizzoufan Tue Feb 09, 2016 7:20 pm

AllAboutLove wrote:
Well hopefully TPTB will make the right choice and not have Caila as Bette and she can find love elsewhere and off my screen. I couldn't take watching her on her dates let alone a season of her. Just no.
I agree

mizzoufan

Back to top Go down

Post by jojo47 Tue Feb 09, 2016 7:22 pm

bluwavz wrote:I've said this before but returning as a contestant and returning as a lead is not the same thing at all. The lead is sure to end up with someone at the end if they want to, they get paid most importantly and they get a shot at DWTS and other opportunities they wouldn't have had if they were just a contestant. Contestants just set themselves up to most likely be rejected again and they're in the same exact position as they were the last time they were on. I see more "dignity" in returning as a lead than as a contestant. Even going on BiP would be a more "respectable" option since they get paid and returnee contestants don't. I've never disliked anyone merely for being a returnee. I was a Nick fan last season! But I was so exhausted and over it by the end of Kaitlyn's season.

IA that there's a difference between returning as a lead & coming back again as a contestant. When you return as lead, you're going from supporting cast to starring role. That's pretty coveted in any industry, not just this franchise or reality TV.

The recycling formula for leads isn't going anywhere anytime soon, so the contestant pool is the audition TPTB look to for next lead. That's just the way it is, so if you want to apply for lead, you apply for your audition season first. Caila likely isn't the only one with B'ette on her mind during filming. Not likely every girl came on to be Mrs. Higgins.
jojo47
jojo47

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Tue Feb 09, 2016 7:24 pm

bluwavz wrote:She is the right choice to me! I'm sick of the fan favorites.

I never liked the fan favorites either but I am more sick of fake, immature, tryhards, who are not ready for a relationship at all, let alone trying to "pretend" to find love on TV like Caila is, imo.

AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 48 of 80 Previous  1 ... 25 ... 47, 48, 49 ... 64 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Caila Quinn - Bachelor 20 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* #2

+74
agentcurls
Lily
Maggenzm
dyra
Idlemess