SELECT CONTENT

The Bachelor 20 - Ben Higgins - Episode 6 - Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Page 54 of 57 Previous  1 ... 28 ... 53, 54, 55, 56, 57  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

twinning - The Bachelor 20 - Ben Higgins - Episode 6 - Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 54 Empty Re: The Bachelor 20 - Ben Higgins - Episode 6 - Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Post by Guest Wed Feb 10, 2016 12:26 pm

Fingersandtoes wrote:
sophienette wrote:
Fingersandtoes wrote:I think Lauren as into Ben as he's into her, but she's also realistic. He IS dating other great women at the same time, and those relationships are moving forward too. So she is being realistic about the situation while also letting him know how she feels. 

On bachelor you REALLY can't find out if you are really good for each other. They aren't allowed to discuss religion, politics, social issues etc, right? How can you completely open up to someone when you can't talk about life outside the bach bubble? So I praise the contestants who can somewhat keep it realistic and their heads out if the bubble.

Of course they are! I believe JP and Ash had long convo on the fact that he is Jewish for example. 
But ABC will never show these, or very rarely when goes with the story (ie. Becca and Ben talking about faith because it links to her virginity)
Well I learn something new every day! Thanks! I don't know where I got the idea they aren't allowed to, but I've thought that for years. It's a pity they don't show any of these conversations, because that's where you can see if you you're any kind of match.

But it also makes things a lot more obvious... imagine seeing a convo 3 episodes from the end between Ben and Lo about where they will live, what area of Colorado/California, what type of flats?  ;)

Back to top Go down

twinning - The Bachelor 20 - Ben Higgins - Episode 6 - Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 54 Empty Re: The Bachelor 20 - Ben Higgins - Episode 6 - Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Post by Lucas15 Wed Feb 10, 2016 12:27 pm

Fingersandtoes wrote:Well I learn something new every day! Thanks! I don't know where I got the idea they aren't allowed to, but I've thought that for years. It's a pity they don't show any of these conversations, because that's where you can see if you you're any kind of match.

Aside from those topics being controversial in a way the show doesn't seek to be controversial, such discussions would indeed be very revealing and they want to keep viewers guessing.

Lucas15

Male Posts : 2809

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 10, 2016 12:29 pm

seriously Lucas... #Twinning twinning - The Bachelor 20 - Ben Higgins - Episode 6 - Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 54 1377737533

bestbud! Hugesmile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Wed Feb 10, 2016 12:31 pm

And for most viewers, anything that a smacks of too serious is boring, imo. They want drama, funny and something to add to the storyline created. They don't want a dissertation on War and Peace.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 10, 2016 12:32 pm

Agreed Kasha!

Back to top Go down

Post by jcrbil Wed Feb 10, 2016 12:38 pm

^^ Sean has revealed (and I think other leads have as well) that given the short amount of time they have with one another, they often discuss the "big" things, but don't get around to things like what kinds of movies they like to watch.... all the things one learns early in the game when dating in real time. But mostly, I think, they tend to favor big life issues (family/religion if it's important to them, etc.) instead of things like politics (unless that is a big focus for a participant- someone who seeks office or works on campaign I would think would bring it up). Still tptb consider everything but family tragedy to be off-limits- they would rather we watch 20 min per episode of someone ratting on another participate/ questioning sincerity).

jcrbil

Back to top Go down

Post by Mommyof2 Wed Feb 10, 2016 1:04 pm

rhondam wrote:
peggy0221 wrote:
Beach Lover wrote:

Snipped

I'm late to the game here but is anyone else besides me starting to get a weird feeling about Lauren B.? I felt something seemed off even before Leah's comments tonight.  I love her chemistry with Ben, but I watch her closely in the group settings and I'm noticing little things that are starting to make me wonder about her. Some of it might be editing, but I'm getting a negative vibe from her lately.  I'm starting to wonder now if her and Ben will actually last or if Lauren might be in it more for the fame and recognition.

I have been talking about that since the premier, and only Rhonda joined me the last few weeks.
I know Ben really likes her, I too want to see a true love story unfolding, but what I always question is her authenticity.
I've been watching her closely throughout the season and have always thought she was playing Ben. I was trying to like her because during filming I saw the chemistry between her and Ben on SM of their spoiled Warsaw date. Initially I tried to give her the benefit of the doubt thinking she was just being smart by getting her hooks into him early with her flirting but I've had a bad feeling about her already when she was giving Ben the wing pin and then completely since her "bs speech" in episode 2 and even more so on their 1 on 1 in Ep 3. I did see a photo of them dancing and it was her looking into Ben's eyes that wasn't aired that I think Elan took and I thought, maybe she really does fall for him too. But yeah no, I don't like her and haven't since the beginning and my unspoiled daughter gets the same vibe from her.

You are not alone. I feel something is "off" with Lauren too, especially when Ben questioned her the last episode and she rolled her eyes. Rolling Eyes Oops, there I go rolling my eyes. twinning - The Bachelor 20 - Ben Higgins - Episode 6 - Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 54 3806527698
Mommyof2
Mommyof2

Female Posts : 8752

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 10, 2016 1:06 pm

Rolled her eyes? Are we watching the same show?

I am not criticizing you not liking her, but I am just not seeing the reasons and genuinely trying to understand!

Back to top Go down

Post by jupi Wed Feb 10, 2016 1:14 pm

I didn't see any eye-rolling, Lauren just looked taken aback and confused, like she was trying to process what Ben had just told her. JMO

jupi

Female Posts : 218

Back to top Go down

Post by Mommyof2 Wed Feb 10, 2016 1:16 pm

^^ When Ben questions her, she clearly rolls her eyes. It's at the 1:47 mark on the YouTube video uploaded by AnnMarie. I can't link it at the moment, so I apologize.
Mommyof2
Mommyof2

Female Posts : 8752

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 10, 2016 1:20 pm

Found the video... 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EBPYBx254XQ

Her eyes do not roll, her head however does in frustration... and TBH I could have slapped Ben there Smiley He is all like, "hey dont get defensive, I just tell you so you know"... I would have rolled my eyes!
And BTW it is not when "ben questions" her, but when he seems to tell her it is not a big deal.

Back to top Go down

Post by jcrbil Wed Feb 10, 2016 1:27 pm

^^Since blindsided seems to be the theme of this season.... this is just Lauren B's turn at it, IMO.

jcrbil

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 54 of 57 Previous  1 ... 28 ... 53, 54, 55, 56, 57  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

The Bachelor 20 - Ben Higgins - Episode 6 - Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

+75
Rdjbb
jupi
megaa
FLChica
eliza3