SELECT CONTENT

Becca Tilly - Bachelor 20 - #4 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Page 2 of 80 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 41 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Becca Tilly - Bachelor 20 - #4 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 2 Empty Re: Becca Tilly - Bachelor 20 - #4 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Post by Lucas15 February 8th 2016, 10:04 am

IMO Becca's return (from the show's perspective) was as a sort of "extended screen test" to see if her popularity after CS's season could be translated into a story line as the next B'ette. I think this is why she tried in some ways to project a different personality this time compared to her previous time - she knew what she had to do. IMO she didn't do it.

As others have pointed out I don't think she ever got out of the friend zone with Ben and didn't come across (to me anyway) as someone really romantically interested in Ben. Maybe she was, maybe she wasn't, but it just never came across clearly on screen that she was.

IMO Ben had others he was genuinely interested in that HE wanted to continue the journey and by the time of the HTD the show had enough footage to answer whether or not Becca could be someone they could wrap a show around (and felt they couldn't) so they weren't interested in making Becca a "producer's pick". Thus, the potential plans for a HTD were discarded and she didn't get one.

Lucas15

Male Posts : 2809

Back to top Go down

Becca Tilly - Bachelor 20 - #4 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 2 Empty Re: Becca Tilly - Bachelor 20 - #4 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Post by veg_out February 8th 2016, 10:14 am

Interesting theory, Lucas.

On the Afterbuzz show, Brooks articulated a thought that I've had for a few weeks about another possible reason that Becs goes home before HTDs. Brooks commented in the last episode that he noticed a very close relationship with JoJo, remarking on their pairing up on both group dates. Though he only intimated that it could explain her earlier-than-expected departure (an idea with which Nick clearly didn't agree), it was obvious that this observation clarified for Brooks that question mark.

I align with Brooks in wondering if Becca dialed it back on her own as well as the producers making a decision. If JoJo suggested that she was really into Ben, or if Becca just started to read the landscape after this week's group date, Becca may have also contributed to her own demise.
veg_out
veg_out

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucas15 February 8th 2016, 10:45 am

veg_out wrote:Interesting theory, Lucas.

On the Afterbuzz show, Brooks articulated a thought that I've had for a few weeks about another possible reason that Becs goes home before HTDs. Brooks commented in the last episode that he noticed a very close relationship with JoJo, remarking on their pairing up on both group dates. Though he only intimated that it could explain her earlier-than-expected departure (an idea with which Nick clearly didn't agree), it was obvious that this observation clarified for Brooks that question mark.

I align with Brooks in wondering if Becca dialed it back on her own as well as the producers making a decision. If JoJo suggested that she was really into Ben, or if Becca just started to read the landscape after this week's group date, Becca may have also contributed to her own demise.

A very interesting observation. I read an article (Lonely Hearts Competing) written from a sociological standpoint about The Bachelor and The Bachelorette that delved into how men and women compete differently in romantic situations and it mentioned that men may stand down once a hierarchy between them is established but women will continue to compete (sometimes even if they have no interest in the prize). The article argued that The Bachelor is a better show than The Bachelorette because women compete in much more interesting ways than men do. It's a kind of "Mars / Venus" difference that has provided many interesting discussions between my wife and me as we both watch and comment (to each other) about the show.

Brooks is stating the possibility from a "classical" male point of view - that if Becca saw attractions between Ben and JoJo (or Ben and Lauren) she might have dialed herself back. If Becca did that then she would be less interesting to the producers because IMO they don't want someone to dial it back - they want someone to ramp it up and compete in some way that produces drama (and tears and jealousy and all the things they thrive on). As an example, if it turns out that Leah is the one who tells Ben that Lauren B is different around the girls than she is around Ben - that would be exactly the kind of drama they want and would encourage.

That Becca may be someone who would dial herself back doesn't make her a bad person in any way - in fact IMO it makes her a very caring personality and a good friend to have. But it does make her not a really good fit for this show and it's warped formula.

Last edited by Lucas15 on February 8th 2016, 12:32 pm; edited 2 times in total

Lucas15

Male Posts : 2809

Back to top Go down

Post by bleuberry February 8th 2016, 10:52 am

Add me to the camp who think Becca in the f4 would've been a tptb move, and that IMO he had more with his actual f4.

Becca Tilly - Bachelor 20 - #4 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 2 6rj59l

In a little glass church built from the inspiration of dreams,  their vows danced through the air 
like smoke from a vigil candle, consummating a love now deeply matured. -Zak Waddell
bleuberry
bleuberry

Back to top Go down

Post by MiniDiva February 8th 2016, 11:30 am

Seabear wrote:Ben and Becca = Friend zone.  Two nice people that had fun together kissing on a reality tv dating show but were not going to ever be engaged.  I think the HTD went to the families Ben and TPTB wanted to meet.

JMO

Agree. I see friend zone between Ben and Becca.   Also, with regard to Becca's family getting a heads-up to prepare for a HTD and it didn't happen -- isn't that standard practice that potential family get a heads up to prepare for HTD in the event that it does happen?  There has to be a point in the show where they have to give families a heads up for the possibility.  JMO
MiniDiva
MiniDiva

Female Posts : 4101

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva February 8th 2016, 11:38 am

According to what I was told, it went steps further than that and was indicated in terms much more finite than during season with CS. And this info was told to me prior to it being cancelled. So it was lined up in definite details and then retracted.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by MiniDiva February 8th 2016, 11:41 am

^^Thanks Kasha.  So it seemed Becca was going to get a HTD and Ben or TPTB changed the F4.
MiniDiva
MiniDiva

Back to top Go down

Post by rhondam February 8th 2016, 12:02 pm

Great posts Lucas! I agree with all of it and gave seen it the same way.  score
rhondam
rhondam

Female Posts : 2142

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel February 8th 2016, 12:36 pm

Lucas15 wrote:IMO Becca's return (from the show's perspective) was as a sort of "extended screen test" to see if her popularity after CS's season could be translated into a story line as the next B'ette. I think this is why she tried in some ways to project a different personality this time compared to her previous time - she knew what she had to do. IMO she didn't do it.

snipped

This is exactly what I have said on numerous occasions. I was quite surprised when it was revealed she left at F5, which to me indicated they were done with her and moved Caila in her spot. As I have stated several times, the info given to me, she was one of 5 that Ben sort of agreed to having return. He didn't want any of the 5 returning. This was told to me well before filming started.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71428

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by FLChica February 8th 2016, 12:39 pm

bleuberry wrote:Add me to the camp who think Becca in the f4 would've been a tptb move, and that IMO he had more with his actual f4.
Agree and thank you Kasha for sharing what you know about the HTD.

On the GD Becca saw the dynamics between Ben & Lauren and Ben & JoJo. Maybe it was then she started to realize each pair were developing real, adult-couple relationships not just a Bachelorette audition "relationship". IMO.

Maybe Becca realized it would be a bigger farce than last season to fake a "relationship" with Ben on another HTD.   question

PRIDE is concerned with WHO is right. Humility is concerned with what is right. 

** Tell the truth - even when it is unpopular. **
FLChica
FLChica

Female Posts : 1336

Back to top Go down

Post by MiniDiva February 8th 2016, 12:44 pm

^^ Didn't a poster here (who knows Becca) allude to Becca being very upset that Ben let her go?  Or would that have been part of the screen test too?  giggling
MiniDiva
MiniDiva

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest February 8th 2016, 12:48 pm

Kashathediva wrote:According to what I was told, it went steps further than that and was indicated in terms much more finite than during season with CS. And this info was told to me prior to it being cancelled. So it was lined up in definite details and then retracted.

I agree. I was told the same by people who would know. I've always wanted to know if the lead could overrule TPTB when it comes to certain decisions, and if they give the lead a bad edit if they choose to go in a different direction. If that is true, that's a pretty scary situation.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 80 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 41 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Becca Tilly - Bachelor 20 - #4 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

+88
umngirl
blueblues
elena.shayk
StacyNor
Crazylady29