SELECT CONTENT

Married At First Sight - Season 4 - Episode Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Page 24 of 25 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Married At First Sight - Season 4 - Episode Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 24 Empty Re: Married At First Sight - Season 4 - Episode Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Post by GuardianAngel Sat Oct 29, 2016 12:17 am

Yes they made a mistake. I noticed that error too.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71354

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Married At First Sight - Season 4 - Episode Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 24 Empty Re: Married At First Sight - Season 4 - Episode Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Post by Guest Tue Nov 01, 2016 11:00 pm

This season has 2 couples who have stuck it out and are doing very well. On to the next season hoping to see more happy couples.

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Wed Nov 02, 2016 12:35 am

Great news! yes Thanks @reason

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Newto Wed Nov 02, 2016 6:15 am

I watched the "reunion" program last night. I still have doubts about Nick and Sonia; they have a long and rocky road to travel. You could see he is still uncomfortable with her in some ways, and she with him. I hope they have the tenacity to work on this marriage, otherwise I see them going their separate ways. JMHO.

(Newto is my new screen name; formerly Columbia, MD)

Well behaved women rarely make history.
Newto
Newto

Female Posts : 13874

Back to top Go down

Post by nuts2uiam Wed Nov 02, 2016 8:57 am

While I am happy both couples remain together, I am most happy that I don't have to see either Heather or Dereck again. Aside from the allegations, and I stress allegations, of pot smoking, IMO, these two seem polar opposites in every way. If you want to say they both went into it looking for love and happiness, I will agree with that, but aside from that, I just don't see them as compatible at all.
nuts2uiam
nuts2uiam

Female Posts : 719

Back to top Go down

Post by MAFSMinority Wed Nov 02, 2016 4:02 pm

It's over!

I've watched this show from Season 2 to this one, and even though 2 & 3 were obvious trainwrecks, I guess part of me found the drama interesting.  This season, it felt like I was watching more out of obligation than interest, especially once Heather and Derek ended.

Don't get me wrong, I am happy for the people involved that found what they wanted and stayed married.  It's just, for me, I guess the happy endings don't make for captivating TV.  Tom & Lillian were flat out boring to me, and while Nick and Sonia were much more interesting, it felt a lot of their segments were forced.  I found myself not liking them much after Nick's dickish moves, and Sonia was way too insecure for me to find her very likeable.  I felt Heather got a particularly rough edit since she didn't wait the full 6 weeks to make her decision, and was left shaking my head last night when the experts were complimenting Derek on giving it his all (which included verbally abusing her, jealousy, etc), while still getting their shots in at Heather (heavily emphasizing how she decided to end it after "ONLY" two weeks, commenting how she's "grown" since that decision, as if she was a child, etc).  

When the episode ended last night, I felt relieved, and without hesitation, removed it from the shows I PVR.  There is no chance I am joining in watching Season 5. I know I only joined this board this season and wasn't super active, but I thank you guys for having me here.  Some of the restrictions on commenting on some aspects felt a little stifling (no one is getting sued because a few board members refer to a cast member as a pothead, for example), but I am happy to have shared this season with all of you.  Best of luck to all of you in enjoying next season, and any further the show may air.
MAFSMinority
MAFSMinority

Male Posts : 24

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Wed Nov 02, 2016 4:36 pm

MAFSMinority wrote:snipped..

Don't get me wrong, I am happy for the people involved that found what they wanted and stayed married.  It's just, for me, I guess the happy endings don't make for captivating TV.  snipped..

When the episode ended last night, I felt relieved, and without hesitation, removed it from the shows I PVR.  There is no chance I am joining in watching Season 5. I know I only joined this board this season and wasn't super active, but I thank you guys for having me here.  Some of the restrictions on commenting on some aspects felt a little stifling (no one is getting sued because a few board members refer to a cast member as a pothead, for example), but I am happy to have shared this season with all of you.  Best of luck to all of you in enjoying next season, and any further the show may air.

I have to admit, I sort of spitcoffee when I read the bold. I don't see that too often. That was funny! I'm curious, what kind of season would you say was a good season if you don't find happy endings entertaining?

I'm glad you enjoyed your stay here. Please feel free to join in Season 5 anytime. yes

As far as the second bold, once you deal with a situation like that, you'll make sure it never happens again, trust me. Smiley

All Rules

GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MAFSMinority Wed Nov 02, 2016 11:27 pm

GuardianAngel wrote:
MAFSMinority wrote:snipped..

Don't get me wrong, I am happy for the people involved that found what they wanted and stayed married.  It's just, for me, I guess the happy endings don't make for captivating TV.  snipped..

I have to admit, I sort of spitcoffee when I read the bold. I don't see that too often. That was funny! I'm curious, what kind of season would you say was a good season if you don't find happy endings entertaining?

I'm glad you enjoyed your stay here. Please feel free to join in Season 5 anytime. yes

As far as the second bold, once you deal with a situation like that, you'll make sure it never happens again, trust me. Smiley

I bolded the part that explains the "Minority" part of my username. I tend to go against the grain, laugh out loud.

It's hard to explain. I guess maybe because I'm a guy, I don't fall into the romantic aspects as much? Maybe if the season were only 6 episodes, and not 12 or whatever it was, it would be different. I'm not normally a big fan of reality TV (no offence intended to everyone here, I know most of you are hooked on this show and the Bachelor). Most TV shows, movies, books, etc., are based on conflict of some kind. Tom and Lillian had virtually none, to the point the producers seemingly had to create some. They got along great, and it was pretty obvious from the third or fourth week they were going to make it. That removes any element of suspense, and therefore my interest fell.

Nick and Sonia were probably the most interesting couple. Their decision was the only one I paid much attention to, because they did have conflict that made the ending unpredictable, where even Heather and Derek were obvious the other way, that they had no chance.

So, to answer your question, I guess I am drawn more towards the seasons with crazy drama, like last season. Unlike Heather, I think Ashley deserved every nasty thing written about her, and it became fun to watch, just to see what "evil trick" she'd pull next. Sam and Neil were full of drama, with an ending very few really saw coming. Tres and Vanessa were the happiest, and of course, the two I found most boring. Give me conflicts and I'm happy! Smiley This season, the conflicts were mostly done when Heather and Derek ended, so I lost interest.

As for the second comment that was bolded, it seems there is history there I am not aware of. I've never heard of a TV show that cared enough about fan boards to get involved if some of the members were critical of them. Especially if the person in charge made it clear messages were the individual poster's opinions, and did not reflect upon the board itself. Anyway, it is what it is. I didn't necessarily agree with it, but I respected your decision, so I wasn't about to push it throughout the season. I only mention it now because at times it felt the pro-Derek crowd could say what they wanted about Heather's motivations, or lack thereof, but those of us that blamed Derek seemed to have one of the primary reasons for it practically declared a taboo subject to discuss. Made it hard to argue our side. But again, no offence intended, just giving my thoughts, knowing they don't mean much. Smiley

At this point, I have zero interest in Season 5. Who knows? After a few months, maybe I'll change my mind, and if I do, I'll be sure to be the thorn in everyone's side, going against the grain as usual, laugh out loud. Thanks again for having me here, and I hope you all enjoy the seasons to come!
MAFSMinority
MAFSMinority

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Wed Nov 02, 2016 11:36 pm

@MAFSMinority Great post, I enjoyed reading your opinions.

Just to clarify, this forum is all about opinions on contestants, sleuthing being a major part. However, opinions are opinions, facts are facts. Labelling someone, for example she's a shopaholoc (because I'm tired of the pot smoker) without proof, is opening up the doors for legal action because we have no proof that they are a shopaholoc. Saying IMO she's a shopoholic avoids me receiving emails from outside sources. Smiley

I hope you stick around. I'd like to see you turn into a hopeless romantic. Maybe we'll have a season with a couple who are hopeless romantics, but have a love hate relationship? Would that work? laugh out loud j/k

All Rules

GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MAFSMinority Thu Nov 03, 2016 9:27 am

GuardianAngel wrote:

I hope you stick around. I'd like to see you turn into a hopeless romantic. Maybe we'll have a season with a couple who are hopeless romantics, but have a love hate relationship? Would that work? laugh out loud j/k

My wife hopes I turn into a hopeless romantic too! laugh out loud

That's the ideal situation for me that you described. I think it's why I enjoyed couples like Sam and Neil, and Ryan and Jackie the most. Seeing someone with no feelings for the other, and slowly turning it around is interesting, and is a storyline that can be sustained over a full season, imo. Decision day was unpredictable for both of those. I find the couples with little conflict hard to maintain interest in over a full season, and the train wrecks become a case of watching it solely for the train wreck itself. In either of those two cases, I think the current season length is just too long.

I'm not necessarily leaving here, just if I don't watch Season 5 (as expected), I'll run out of ways to contribute once the discussion for this season dies off.

MAFSMinority
MAFSMinority

Back to top Go down

Post by Newto Thu Nov 03, 2016 9:38 am

^^ MAFS -- I have enjoyed reading your point(s) of view, although I did not agree with them all. Maybe you will find another reality show to watch and comment on; sure hope so. Perhaps you will become a fan of Bachelor/Bachelorette.......ya never know!! Or you could join in the word games, which those of who participate find a great break from the "drama." In any case, good luck to you!!

Well behaved women rarely make history.
Newto
Newto

Female Posts : 13874

Back to top Go down

Post by Amberish Thu Nov 03, 2016 12:12 pm

Hey MAFSMinority. I appreciated that you, too, noticed Derek is a pothead. And, Derek probably does, too, since he put out yet another old school rap video  --- this one exploiting Heather ... gee, who'da thunk ... LOL

My thoughts? The experiment of coupling a middle aged pothead with a woman serious about finding a life partner failed exactly as it should have. I'm sure he's great fun to hang out with every so often but to marry? Certainly isn't my cup of tea and I have absolutely no idea why some here argued she's at fault and should have compromise even after learning the truth.

Someone that works for me has her 63 year old father now living with her. He recently lost his wife (her mother) and spends most of his days and nights in his room getting stone. This isn't new behavior ... he's been getting stoned for decades because he likes getting stoned.

The most difficult part is that her children are exposed to life living with a pothead. Not pretty.

So, yes, Heather did the right thing by kicking that middle aged pothead to the curb.

I know GA hates that I'm still calling him out, however, I think she, now, gets it, too ... ;)
Amberish
Amberish

Female Posts : 1472

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 24 of 25 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Married At First Sight - Season 4 - Episode Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

+44
lorijbaker
cantstopwatchin
momof2dogs
Joy15
Siamanx